Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is not listed in the squad on the Guardian pages, if that means anything.

Interesting that Bruno has insisted on taking him with the squad for the game.
Making a point.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is box office to watch, and our squad (not necessarily first XI) is better with him in it.

A real get you off your seat player, but, his end product just hasn’t been there for about 2 years, and that is too long for a club like Wolves to carry him.

With 18 months left on his deal with him evidently not wanting to sign a new one, roughly £25m on an £18m outlay isn’t a terrible deal for us at all.

Wish him well at Spurs, he seems a nice lad, and let’s face it moving to London and playing in that shiny stadium is no doubt very attractive to a 26 year old. I’m not sure the Spurs fans will show him anywhere near the patience us Wolves fans have……

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge mistake, no other player in our current squad scores the 3rd goal we did against Saints his pace gets us 20 yards up the pitch and I'm sure we won't get a replacement anywhere near as good.

Another window about to end with a weaker squad.
Pedro Neto scores that goal and has done against a far better Chelsea team.

Jimenez can score that goal too, his goal where he twisted and turned Southampton was a better version of it too.

Was a great goal, but not let’s make out it was a goal only he scores as it wasn’t.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No its not. It totally simplifies his job. He has to adapt to it, but, and i'm presuming here, Conte wants him to play it the same way Moses did when he was at Chelsea. Instead of having Moses getting down the line to provide crosses for Costa, it will be Adama doing it for Kane. Its not like Moses chipped in with many goals in the premier league from wing back so goalscoring is one less thing Adama needs to worry about. Let him play to what he can do well. He wont be burndened with having the expectation of being an individual matchwinner.

The only real difficulty Adama will have is does he have the motor for it, and can he play a little bit more disciplined in terms of his positioning. What he will be asked to do is pretty simple really in the scheme of things.
The other difficulty he will have is with his own lack of good decision making. If he plays at RWB for Spurs I’ll give it about 2-3 games before he tries to take on the opposition single handed from completely the wrong area of the pitch at the wrong time, lose the ball and concede a goal.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to ask the question, but haven’t we scored more goals when adama wasn’t on the pitch this season?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanches and Botman are so far out of our league now it’s untrue.

Jeff missed the boat on those two in the summer like he will miss the boat in our targets this year.

What do you expect if you out an accountant in charge of transfers? Yes that right - a manager who walks.
If Bruno isn't backed this window then I fear you could be right about him walking...and who would blame him?
We're doing fantastically well this season, so why not give Bruno the players he wants and improve from a position of strength?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is all about Adama, contract on the table for some considerable time and he won't sign, what do fans want the club to do?.

Wait until the summer and get even less for him?.
Yes because he makes people get their bums of their seat and then sit down again in frustration not long after when nothing happens after he attempts to recycle the ball. Therefore he is increasing their activity levels by doing seated squats without realising it, he is the football version of joe wicks with his PE lessons in lockdown hahaha

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Bruno isn't backed this window then I fear you could be right about him walking...and who would blame him?
We're doing fantastically well this season, so why not give Bruno the players he wants and improve from a position of strength?
Because that costs money.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Physiologically Adama will not fit as a wing back. He hasn't the stamina to be constantly running up and down the wing. His strength is short explosive bursts of pace. Usain bolt would never have made a midfielder if he had played football, for the same reason.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is box office to watch, and our squad (not necessarily first XI) is better with him in it.

A real get you off your seat player, but, his end product just hasn’t been there for about 2 years, and that is too long for a club like Wolves to carry him.

With 18 months left on his deal with him evidently not wanting to sign a new one, roughly £25m on an £18m outlay isn’t a terrible deal for us at all.

Wish him well at Spurs, he seems a nice lad, and let’s face it moving to London and playing in that shiny stadium is no doubt very attractive to a 26 year old. I’m not sure the Spurs fans will show him anywhere near the patience us Wolves fans have……

Think that’s fair and balanced.

Another aspect, is how our other players would feel if Adama is prevented from leaving for a reasonable fee, if there is genuine interest? It would perhaps be more defensible if he was a regular starter, and played most of the game, but as someone who generally starts or ends on the bench, I don’t think it would send a positive message if he was prevented from leaving. Players need to maximise their short careers, and if Adama, for whatever reason, is not seen to be doing that as Wolves, then he needs to move on for his and out benefit.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because that costs money.
And if Adama is sold then money will have been generated?.....along with the extra revenue from increases afforded to supporters...or am I missing something?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if Adama is sold then money will have been generated?.....along with the extra revenue from increases afforded to supporters...or am I missing something?
If it goes on bringing in someone like Sanches then yes we’ll be improved but if we use it to buy Hwang or Trincao we aren’t improved.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it goes on bringing in someone like Sanches then yes we’ll be improved but if we use it to buy Hwang or Trincao we aren’t improved.
How are we not improved buying Hwang with the Adama money? In next to no time he has almost matched adama’s goal contributions…..

Hwang joined without doing the pre-season and made an instant impact with only 4 less goals in over 140 games less….. I think without the hamstring injury, he would be even closer to the massive and near legendary figure of EIGHT premier league goals in close to 160 premier league games that adama has….. for a fee that is less than we bought Adama for in the first place.

i can see the trincao arguement, but stop it with Hwang….

He was our ONLY goal threat for a few games and his understanding with Raul was starting to develop before injury. He has far better movement in the final third than both Adama and Trincao leg alone far better shot accuracy stats in a team he has just joined after a few days training.

Buying Hwang for me for the insanely low quotes fee is a no brainier!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t we take a £23 million loan to bring the Jota money forward?

Pretty sure we have money if needed, regardless of waiting 5 months for any Adama fee.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t we take a £23 million loan to bring the Jota money forward?

Pretty sure we have money if needed, regardless of waiting 5 months for any Adama fee.
Wasn't it suggested though that the loan was an insurance policy to cover staff wages and other costs, should further Covid restrictions prevent matchday revenue?...in advance of TV monies.
Stand corrected if wrong on that.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what the club offered him?

And hardly, if your employer offers you some more cash or you could get some, you telling me you would turn it down?
No I don’t, I’ve read what he’s on at the moment, I should imagine the club had offered him a decent increase, it’s well documented that he wants to be one of if not the highest paid player, so I’ve guessed at a range between his current salary and the highest wage.

Is that OK with you?

I’m pretty loyal to my company to be fair I’ve been there 23 years, I feel like I get well paid, I have a good work life balance, I’ve had chances to go places for more money in the past, but money isn’t my only motivation.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No done deal then
All for the cameras/politics.

Wolves wouldn't risk a £25m asset for the sake of 1 game.

I expect Adama to be on the bench.
If he comes on for any minutes he's not going to jeopardise his fitness, and lose out on double his salary (and other incentives) for less than 90mins.

We as wolves fans don't want to hear that, but as people I'm sure we all understand it.

It's in nobody's interest for Adama to play and get injured and we can't afford passengers on the pitch.

My guess is that he'll be on the bench and if the situation allows, ie last knockings in the game, have spare subs and the game looks comfortably won or a lost cause. We'll probably being him on in the last 5mins to jog about, stay safe and appluad the crowd at the final whistle.

I'd guess this will be largely a ceremonial appearance, if he gets on.

We'll know in 5 mins when the team is announced.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mostly I’m disappointed in Adama, I think the club have looked after him and he should have shown some loyalty and respect to us and signed a contract.
I must admit that is how I would like to feel but none of us really know what is behind it. We dont know what was in the contract supposedly offered to him. We dont know how Adama feels himself and what he wants. We dont know if he feels he is in a team that had a project that is now not being supported by its owners.
What we do know is that he signed a contract for a certain amount of years and has certainly not openly cribbed about it.
He is not disruptive and seems to be popular with his team mates and the majority of fans in the ground. I would say he has shown loyalty and respect to us and his contract. I worry more that if we really wanted him to stay we have not been able to persuade him.
I also worry that we have not been able to capitalise on his strengths but merely complain about what we see as his weaknesses.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly not you, but after all it is a public forum for the opinions of all. I'm not the only one saying it, you're the only one picking out my posts though.

I wonder how much a used Adama duvet cover will fetch on eBay...?
Quite a lot if you fancy a covering that helps you slip out of bed easily in the moring.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit that is how I would like to feel but none of us really know what is behind it. We dont know what was in the contract supposedly offered to him. We dont know how Adama feels himself and what he wants. We dont know if he feels he is in a team that had a project that is now not being supported by its owners.
What we do know is that he signed a contract for a certain amount of years and has certainly not openly cribbed about it.
He is not disruptive and seems to be popular with his team mates and the majority of fans in the ground. I would say he has shown loyalty and respect to us and his contract. I worry more that if we really wanted him to stay we have not been able to persuade him.
I also worry that we have not been able to capitalise on his strengths but merely complain about what we see as his weaknesses.
Feels to me that the club would prefer to keep him, but won’t be held over a barrel in terms of his wage demands, I’m a big Traore fan and he’s been very professional and it’s his right to do what he’s doing and fair play to him, if I goes I wish him well, but I still can’t help but feel he’s being a little greedy.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got the strangest of takes? That’s hilarious.

It’s not comparable. The bloke is already on £43k a week, it’s hardly the same when I’d be happy with an extra £12k a year.

He’s already a multi millionaire and him and his family if they’re sensible will never have any money worries again.

The club have probably offered him £70k to £90k a week and that’s not enough - get real.
We do all have different reasons that are most important for the job you are doing. We must know that most footballers would want to be in a team playing at the highest level. I also would imagine that most players who believe in their own ability will judge themselves worthy of being paid at least as much as players they believe are no better than them. Self image is important to people.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels to me that the club would prefer to keep him, but won’t be held over a barrel in terms of his wage demands, I’m a big Traore fan and he’s been very professional and it’s his right to do what he’s doing and fair play to him, if I goes I wish him well, but I still can’t help but feel he’s being a little greedy.
I agree with what you say except for the greedy bit. We dont know him. Both sides though are keeping to the terms of the existing contract. If the club are not prepared to meet his demands and therefore are open to allowing him to leave then that is their business. Whether we think that is good or bad is ours.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise floating in the nether is doing nothing, neither up nor down.

I see your hysteric as ever, I await your relegation thread if we lose today.
Yes I do realise that. Hence my point.

In an historical context I’d say we’re rather on the up wouldn’t you?

And thank you for looking forward to my posts, it means a lot!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do all have different reasons that are most important for the job you are doing. We must know that most footballers would want to be in a team playing at the highest level. I also would imagine that most players who believe in their own ability will judge themselves worthy of being paid at least as much as players they believe are no better than them. Self image is important to people.
Again I get that and without knowing exactly what he was offered it’s hard to comment too much.

In terms of highest level, he’ll be moving up 3 premier league places.

The self image thing could be construed as arrogance, and I’m sure the club offered what they think he’s worth and maybe that’s where they can’t agree. If this is the case maybe it’s best if he does do one.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't want the guy to go. He entertains me - at least potentially so, even off the bench. Especially off the bench. Yes, he misses sitters and maybe it's true that on occasion he flatters to decieve. I can live with that.
But business is business. Maybe it's time to part ways but please, not to Spurs. I don't think that realistically we going to make the top four. But top six of seven? Absolutely yes, that's what we should be busting a gut to do. Spurs are one of the biggest rivals in the chase. I didn't mind Doc going there. I didn't even mind Nuno going there. But Adama... the thought just irritates the heck out of me.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
How can it be very poor ?When every club in Europe knows he is up for sale.
It’s the open market valuation of this man who is at this stage in his career and contract.
True wwbug, but still feel 22.5m including add-ons is too little.
Would hope for 25m to 30m taking everything in consideration but admit the club's position re Adama is not the best.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I don’t, I’ve read what he’s on at the moment, I should imagine the club had offered him a decent increase, it’s well documented that he wants to be one of if not the highest paid player, so I’ve guessed at a range between his current salary and the highest wage.

Is that OK with you?

I’m pretty loyal to my company to be fair I’ve been there 23 years, I feel like I get well paid, I have a good work life balance, I’ve had chances to go places for more money in the past, but money isn’t my only motivation.

A man after my own heart.

I did 19 years at 1 organisation. I was very comfortable and got the opportunity of enhanced redundancy, so I took it. I left and realised that I missed it (probably institutionalised)

I went to another organisation (paying more) and it was soul destroying.

I took a 25% pay cut to do what I'm doing now. Phenomenal work/life balance, an opportunity to work in a new sector and regroup.

Money definitely isn't everything - in fact I think that outlook is what landed me this role.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with most of it.

I'd personally, probably reframe comment slightly differently. He probably realises that he has to maximise his potential as early in his career as possible. At 25 and reliant on his major weapon, pace, he's probably got 5 years at max potential before he either starts to decline or is forced to change his game.

I think he's looking after his own interests, not necessarily motivated by greed. Probably more a sense of pragmatism.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ffs, just as he’s starting to come good it looks like we’re selling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom