Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Villa Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?

Have Villa Owners more ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

• Total voters

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's appears Villa's Egyptian owners have more ambition than our owners have got atm. With the latest reports that Vanilla are chasing big name players.

Whereas we look like we're going to miss out like we did in summer window without any ambitions from Fosun for the foreseeable future.

Fosun International appear also to have no ambitions anymore to redevelop Molineux to make it befitting for a top Premier League team?

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's appears Villa's Egyptian owners have more ambition than our owners have got atm. With the latest reports that Vanilla are chasing big name players.

Whereas we look like we're going to miss out like we did in summer window without any ambitions from Fosun for the foreseeable future.

Reasons why Fosun International appear to have lost that ambition to get WWFC back into European football again??
Ambition or throwing cash at something which may not be sustainable for Villa in the long term?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, by a mile.

But that's not really fair as Villa's owners are very serious. I don't care what they do, just wish we would sign the one or two players I feel we need.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Venkys had a lot of ambition. Who cares what people want to achieve, it matters what they actually achieve.

Villa are 5 places below us, so they would have to catch up with us before they could surpass us.

I really don't think any Wolves fan should be envying that lot.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re talking like a big club, and if they back up their words then they’ll be one.

Worst bit about it for me, is I knew where we were going. I knew what we were trying to achieve, but now… who knows? What are we about now? What are we trying to be? Where are we going? We aren’t even talking the talk anymore like we were. Every successful organisation needs direction from the leaders, and I’m not seeing that.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, by a mile.

But that's not really fair as Villa's owners are very serious. I don't care what they do, just wish we would sign the one or two players I feel we need.
How are they more ambitious if they've sold their best player?

Surely selling your best player is the opposite of ambitious....at least that's what I've read.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are they more ambitious if they've sold their best player?

Surely selling your best player is the opposite of ambitious....at least that's what I've read.
City paid a release clause, which was set at a ridiculous amount as well btw.

They've put a lot into the team, they've put an awful lot into the academy and talk of improving the stadium. I expect more investment in the next few windows under Gerrard.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ambitious is another word fans use to mean spending loads of money, like investment. They have loads of money to spend because they got 100M from their best. I reckon we wouldn't have sold much more than that worth of players in our history.

But yeah they have a sugar daddy so they will spend more, how it works

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't think any Wolves fan should be envying that lot.
Of course no true Wolves fan would ever envy that Vile lot!
Yet their ownership now is similar to Newcastle's and I am envious of that player power to buy and ambition. now plus as our owners were. Under Nuno's reign and since the pandemic and the purchase of Fabio they seem to have done an about turn?
Now as well when Bruno could do better than Nuno they seem to have pulled the plug on him somewhat??

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City paid a release clause, which was set at a ridiculous amount as well btw.

They've put a lot into the team, they've put an awful lot into the academy and talk of improving the stadium. I expect more investment in the next few windows under Gerrard.

They've gone backwards this season though

You don't mean ambition then, you mean spending.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course no true Wolves fan would ever envy that Vile lot!
Yet their ownership now is similar to Newcastle's and I am envious of that player power to buy and ambition. now plus as our owners were. Under Nuno's reign and since the pandemic and the purchase of Fabio they seem to have done an about turn?
Now as well when Bruno could do better than Nuno they seem to have pulled the plug on him somewhat??

Well, from the sound of your OP, you'd rather be in their situation than ours, no?

They spent how much in the summer, on the rubbish that got Smith the sack?

Then they put Steven "Stevie G" Gerrard in charge.

I'd wait and see them actually do something good (like finishing 7th say), before looking so enviously at them.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've gone backwards this season though

You don't mean ambition then, you mean spending.
They have, and they sacked the manager at the first real chance, suggesting they want/expect more.

And, yes, spending is ambition isn't it? Am I living in a different world? In most leagues in the world, the ones who spend more will generally be higher up in the table.

That's how it is, so if your ambition is to finish as high as possible, everything suggests the more you spend the more chance you've got of doing it.

It's why we came up and came 7th, 7th, because we had ambitious owners that had thrown money at it.

Over the next five years I suspect Villa will overtake us. And Newcastle will overtake us (probably even if they go down), because they will throw money at it.

It's very sad but that's how football is now on the whole.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
They have, and they sacked the manager at the first real chance, suggesting they want/expect more.

And, yes, spending is ambition isn't it? Am I living in a different world? In most leagues in the world, the ones who spend more will generally be higher up in the table.

That's how it is, so if your ambition is to finish as high as possible, everything suggests the more you spend the more chance you've got of doing it.

It's why we came up and came 7th, 7th, because we had ambitious owners that had thrown money at it.

Over the next five years I suspect Villa will overtake us. And Newcastle will overtake us (probably even if they go down), because they will throw money at it.

It's very sad but that's how football is now on the whole.
One word.

Everton.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Look at the league table. That tells a story.
Lets spunk hundreds of millions and see our talisman go. For lower prem mediocracy.
I see tyrone mings on transfermarket is worth 27 mil yet kilman worth 8 mil.
Let em keep wasting money.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One word.

Everton.
But I said that there are exceptions. By the way do people just forget that Everton and Villa finished comfortably above us last season?

Either way, are you arguing the teams that generally spend the most money finish higher up? Because I don't really think you can.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either way, are you arguing the teams that generally spend the most money finish higher up? Because I don't really think you can.

Spending on transfer fees doesn't tend to correlate very well with league position, although spending on wages does.

But we've seen hundreds of owners come in and splash some money around, that doesn't mean they'll do it consistently, so I really wouldn't be thinking Villa are an insurmountable opponent just yet.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Context…
1641419168913.png
I think Fosun have earned the right to take stock and consolidate. Have Villa, Everton and even Arsenal got much to show for their higher net spend than us? Demonstrates how easy it is to waste money on basically chasing/cementing 7th place each year.

Last edited:

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manchester City bought the PL how many times now with a "Whole Lotta Money" ...
We could emulate them if Fosun back Bruno like they did Nuno with just a little bit of money for players ;)

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
But I said that there are exceptions. By the way do people just forget that Everton and Villa finished comfortably above us last season?

Yes, you're generally correct of course. Some is chicken and egg though, successful teams have more income so they can spend more and attract more expensive players. Investing to jump that barrier from 'not going to get relegated' to 'top 6' is incredibly expensive with no guarantee of success though. They got a decent manager and a big ground to generate more revenue though so maybe. I'll just enjoy looking down on them (in every way) for now.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I remember when sections of our fanbase were up in arms we didn't sign James Rodriguez for big money.... we all know how that turned out.

The thing is when teams like Villa, Everton etc sign "big name" players they are hasbeens or mercenaries, if they are "Big name" playing well they go to the sky 6 or a top European team.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I knew it would be you to be the first in 2022 to get on my back again @Hot Fuss..
As you we're first always too in 2020 and 21 to get on my back on everyone of my posts.
Never change just troll along regardless don't you!
JayJay, Iv had a dig at loads of posters for starting the seemingly endless threads on Aston ****ing Villa on here. You’re not special.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JayJay, Iv had a dig at loads of posters for starting the seemingly endless threads on Aston ****ing Villa on here. You’re not special.
LOL @Hot Fuss but you've blindly missed the point of this thread then because it's point is not about the vile..
It's about the lack of funds and ambition by our owners in the past 2 or is it 3 transfer windows now.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LOL @Hot Fuss but you've blindly missed the point of this thread then because it's point is not about the vile..
It's about the lack of funds and ambition by our owners in the past 2 or is it 3 transfer windows now.
So a thread entitled “have Villa owners more ambition than Wolves” isn’t anything to do with Villa?

Ok mate.

Back
Top Bottom