Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only just seen this post. Mate, are you high? Trincao over Traore?!?

He's not a more skillful player, in fact he's some way off.

His 'work ethic' makes me fume: it's non-existent. And he falls over all the time.

The 'inteliigence' trope is, imo, definitely incorrect (since when was playing to one's stenghts unitelligent) and borderline racist (to be clear here, I am not accusing you or anyone who criticises Adama of that, but I know for a fact that the Neanderthals who stand in front of me view him as a big daft black lad).

Adama is the most exciting player, alongside Bully, to play for us in my near 30 years of watching us. Of course he has weaknesses but that's why the fastest player in the league is with us!
Apparently you don’t agree with me.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep thinking that if Traore was with a top, top manager we would see him go to another level. He'd take up better positions, he'd make better use of his final ball and he'd put the ball in the net, at least 10-15 times a season. Unfortunately he's just stagnating with us and bringing him on at 75 minutes is a waste of time. Use him or lose him. Seeing St Maximan tear Utd to bits I'm praying Traore will start at OT as this is just the game to ignite his season and hopefully reignite his relationship with Jimenez.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

found this on social media. (disclaimer as could be horse **** ) View attachment 25798
No way are we going to send him back yet especially as we would have to pay the loan fee regardless. We may as well at least give him the whole season and then judge him a little more over more game time, I suppose it’s only a social media link though.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep thinking that if Traore was with a top, top manager we would see him go to another level. He'd take up better positions, he'd make better use of his final ball and he'd put the ball in the net, at least 10-15 times a season. Unfortunately he's just stagnating with us and bringing him on at 75 minutes is a waste of time. Use him or lose him. Seeing St Maximan tear Utd to bits I'm praying Traore will start at OT as this is just the game to ignite his season and hopefully reignite his relationship with Jimenez.
I think the problem with Traore is that you can't coach what he's got, but he can't be coached what he needs either.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have rather signed Vitinha than Trincao, and that’s saying something.

Though, neither is battle-hardened for that PL. Hwang looks loads better straight away, because he’s a bit more used to the rigours of week-in, week-out football. The other two are just boys in comparison.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha and Trincao are not the problem, our style of play is.

If we actually looked to keep the ball and control play, they would both flourish. People make out like it's impossible for mid-table teams but it's not, look at Swansea in the past under Martinez/Laudrup. Doesn't have to be that extreme either, most clubs now generally try and play progressive football but we don't.

If these players did join teams that actually played, they would be fine and thrive. We need to adapt and play to the strength of the players we have, because Podence is another.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore doesnt want to be here so its not much of a choice. That being said, I wouldnt be paying up what they are asking for Trincao currently. Him and Traore are in the same boat in that in their own way and style they are both insanely talented, but they just cant put it all together on a regular basis.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha and Trincao are not the problem, our style of play is.

If we actually looked to keep the ball and control play, they would both flourish. People make out like it's impossible for mid-table teams but it's not, look at Swansea in the past under Martinez/Laudrup. Doesn't have to be that extreme either, most clubs now generally try and play progressive football but we don't.

If these players did join teams that actually played, they would be fine and thrive. We need to adapt and play to the strength of the players we have, because Podence is another.
Same with traore though.

Put 4 attackers on the pitch per game and traore would get so many assists and goals. As it is, he is expected to work miracles .

Look how many goals jota has scored at Liverpool and he was **** for us in the prem as he has no support from others

We have to change the system, or play the system properly with wing backs as wing backs and a centre mid that gets up and down the pitch

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the problem with Traore is that you can't coach what he's got, but he can't be coached what he needs either.
I think that's a very good summary of the dilemma with Traore. If he could find space or get into better positions more regularly he has the explosive power to do the rest. Unfortunately we've not been able to get the best out of him for 18 months now. I think he'll go and perhaps it's for the best but I'll be intrigued to see how he does in a better team, if he finds one!

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same with traore though.

Put 4 attackers on the pitch per game and traore would get so many assists and goals. As it is, he is expected to work miracles .

Look how many goals jota has scored at Liverpool and he was **** for us in the prem as he has no support from others

We have to change the system, or play the system properly with wing backs as wing backs and a centre mid that gets up and down the pitch
Jota was the spark in the second half of our first season back in the Premier League that helped secure our European qualification. To suggest he was **** for us is rewriting history.
As a goal threat he has never been replaced.
Traore is a winger and however exciting he is for you and a number of our fans to watch, very few teams play with wingers at the moment.
When Nuno said he wanted to move to a more possession based game I genuinely thought Traore would be the first to leave, but he is still here and our possession stats hardly improved.
I’m not sure what you regard as miracles as I would suggest hitting the target when through on goal is a reasonable expectation rather than anything close to a miracle.
Traore has the strength, pace and power that very few players ever possess and his contribution should be miles better than it is.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, we’ve had Nuno who got us up and did very well for two seasons but Wolves and he have parted.
ok.
But is Bruno enough of a step up? You point out that if Adama was with a top, top manager he’d progress.
ok.
Well, it begs the question then, doesn’t it?
Is Bruno good enough to get more than two 7th. place finishes, a FA cup semi and a quarter final Europa…..and on a small squad.

I don’t believe that any manager can improve Traore at this point but if it does happen and he becomes awesome, then we have to ask if Nuno or Bruno are CL quality coaches.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t believe that any manager can improve Traore at this point

Traore is 26 y/o and has 25 goals and 45 assists in over 300 senior games. c.50% of the assists came across 2 seasons in the Segunda and Championship. There's no one like him in world football when it comes to dribbling but he's just never going to be prolific in terms of g/a at a top level. He's the ideal super sub for a team like Liverpool who need to to take off Salah or Mane and need someone to run at defences for the last 20 minutes but he's never going to be a regular starter for a team with CL ambitions.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the current market. Yes.
Needs to improve on goals and assists output tho n
If we gave him over 100k a week whoever did it would need their heads read !! Could probably get 2 players on 50/60k a week who would contribute far more than he is likely to ever do ….

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama will be gone in Jan he won’t sign a new deal and it’s the last chance we have to recoup funds. £15-£20m sale in Jan.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If I was a coach with a five or six year deal and had to choose between Traore and Trincao, I'd want Trincao.
I'd ask the club, how much time did the previous manager put into coaching Traore? The answer as we all know is Traore's last TWO managers were giving him one on one coaching.
The only kids I remember at school getting one on one teaching were in the remedial class... Please there's no disrespect intended.
The only adult footballers I know getting one on one coaching are either coming back form injuries, i.e Jonny Otto, or being moved out of their club, i.e Aubameyang.
If I had Traore in my squad I'd be doing everything I could to make him looking great in December so I could sell him in January.
Trincao, given way less coaching, will easily of surpassed Traore, by the time he reaches 25yo.
I see Podence, Neto, Trincao, Hwang and Silva as interchangeable, a front three who could swop positions with ease, that more or less think with a footballing brain at speed and would only need equal amounts of coaching to understand their JOBS.
Traore would be my first year stop-gap at best imo.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was a coach with a five or six year deal and had to choose between Traore and Trincao, I'd want Trincao.
I'd ask the club, how much time did the previous manager put into coaching Traore? The answer as we all know is Traore's last TWO managers were giving him one on one coaching.
The only kids I remember at school getting one on one teaching were in the remedial class... Please there's no disrespect intended.
The only adult footballers I know getting one on one coaching are either coming back form injuries, i.e Jonny Otto, or being moved out of their club, i.e Aubameyang.
If I had Traore in my squad I'd be doing everything I could to make him looking great in December so I could sell him in January.
Trincao, given way less coaching, will easily of surpassed Traore, by the time he reaches 25yo.
I see Podence, Neto, Trincao, Hwang and Silva as interchangeable, a front three who could swop positions with ease, that more or less think with a footballing brain at speed and would only need equal amounts of coaching to understand their JOBS.
Traore would be my first year stop-gap at best imo.
I am not going, particularly given the Neto precedent, to right off Trincao in his first half season in the PL. Having said that he has shown precious little thus far to justify a £25M+ fee.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not going, particularly given the Neto precedent, to right off Trincao in his first half season in the PL. Having said that he has shown precious little thus far to justify a £25M+ fee.
He's actually shown us NOTHING! Waste of money, could have got an 18 year old striker on loan for his loan fee!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think fans in general write off players too quickly. While Trincao hasn't shown us a great deal yet, there have been glimpses of his ability. He was bought in with a different style of play in mind imo. He hasnt really settled into how we are playing now or adjusted to the physicality of the English game. Its worth seeing how he gets on until the end of the season.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I now feel we're at a point where we need to generate some finances to strengthen. Adama is one of a few we have that would raise sufficient funds to buy a decent player or use him as part exchange. Send him to spurs for Joe Rodon and a money...

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's a good point. As good as Neto is, he didn't hit the ground running

We tend to forget sometimes just how difficult it can be for foreign players to adapt to English football. Quite often it takes a season to settle in. Semedo for one comes to mind

We've done pretty well in terms of buying players who have settled fairly quickly since Nuno arrived

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody think we’re always too judgemental on new players? Trincao will most likely get there….patience friends,patience.
I dunno. I think he is less talented than Neto Podence and Traore. Fabio Silva looks more ready to score goals than this fella, whom we don't really have the time to develop. Could make it somewhere. Probably not here; probably not at Barcelona.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
The PL is widely reputed to be the toughest league in Europe. Would it be sensible to look at a few players who are familiar / acclimatised to the league? As we unlikely to be pushing for Europe or relegation fodder, Jan may be an ideal opportunity to seek such profiles, at least on loan.

Back
Top Bottom