Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"IF" we had a fully fit squad , my first choice forward line would be;

Traore, Podence, Neto
..................Jimenez............
I’d love to see this

Sa
Semedo Kilman Botman Jonny
Neves Van De Beek
Adama Podence Neto
Raul

T

TheConcourse

Trincao has undoubted quality. The elements that he’s struggled with can be worked on. You can build up his physicality.

There have been moments in games, Leicester, Spurs, United & Everton where he’s looked exceptional. But he’s had a couple of stinkers too.

Very talented lad and only 21.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao has undoubted quality. The elements that he’s struggled with can be worked on. You can build up his physicality.

There have been moments in games, Leicester, Spurs, United & Everton where he’s looked exceptional. But he’s had a couple of stinkers too.

Looms nowhere near as good as traore and misses very easy chances.

Traore all day long for me

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The choice between Traore or Trincao is basically:
Traore has insane ability, strength and speed but with very little end product
Trincao is merely talented but with little end product

Traore is always interesting to watch but incredibly frustrating.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This isn't even close! Anyone voting Trincao needs to go see a quack first available opportunity or quarantine for a year due to lack of sense
I’ve got my doctors appointment at 10.30am next Monday.

Spending quarantine watching Trincao play for Wolves!

Trincao is going to be a top player, hopefully with us.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d obviously pick Traore out of the two now but I’ve not given up on Trincao coming good.

Needs to improve of course, but I see signs that he could work. Good dribbler, finds good positions.

I actually thought he did well on Wednesday even in just ten minutes. Offered something different.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
In fairness to Tring - he’s fairly useful when it comes to player judgement.

I haven’t seen anything from Trincao yet to support Tring’s view but I’m also one of those people who’d have given Nuno another year so what do I know…

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you compare the delivery of our wide players to mount, Sancho, ziyech, son who all had key parts to play in the goals the last two nights, it’s clear how big the gap is between these players and ours - hence why we struggle to score goals

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s Trincao or Traore then I’ll take Trincao.

He‘s adapting to the speed of the PL. ( this is Traore’s 4th.PL season).
He‘s an all round more skillful player.
His work ethic is better.
Better football intelligence.

Can he run as fast as Traore…..NO, ……but so what?
Some of the best players in the world are probably slower than Traore but I’d swap him for Salah, Ronaldo,Jota, Vardy, Kane etc.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao hasnt been good enough consistently but he's at an age where he has plenty of development in him. With him i think its more he needs to adjust to the physicality of the premier league. If he can do that, he's going to be some player. Its a gamble now though.

Adama for me just isnt suited to playing the kind of role Bruno is looking for, so if i was pushed i would say i'd prefer to try to develop Trincao, but in all honesty i'd actually say keep neither of them.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d send him back he’s talented but just not cut out for the Premier league.

I'm not so sure he isnt cut out for it, but he might not be ready for it right now. If we had a better squad i think we could have integrated him a little better than we have. Doesnt help that Hwang or Adama havent really performed well enough either and Podence has been in and out for a few reasons. At the moment, i'd like more to see where he is towards the last third of the season to see if he is getting to grips with things.

T

TheConcourse

When you compare the delivery of our wide players to mount, Sancho, ziyech, son who all had key parts to play in the goals the last two nights, it’s clear how big the gap is between these players and ours - hence why we struggle to score goals
Agree with this. Sometimes we should just acknowledge that the gap in quality is huge and that comes with inconsistency. Frustrating, but it is what it is.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore but I am fine with selling him as well. Trincao looks rubbish to me so far. Proper myth he creates a single thing with his passing, he is basically a bad version of Adama. Misses big chances, decent dribbler but looks like his body will be atomised when he gets the most minor contact. Could get a much better player for £20M~ or whatever. Think he has 3 games now with less touches than Sa, 30 against Norwich which is fairly incredible to have that few and give the ball away that many times.

MGW is far better for me.
If it is the attributes MGW brings you want you could always try calling Trincao "Francis Strong" (rough translation) and pretending he'd from Bilston not Barca

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This isn't even close! Anyone voting Trincao needs to go see a quack first available opportunity or quarantine for a year due to lack of sense

Trincao is actually a footballer rather than a circus freak though
WWFC play in the real world not on a computer game

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If it is the attributes MGW brings you want you could always try calling Trincao "Francis Strong" (rough translation) and pretending he'd from Bilston not Barca
If Trincao could pass between the lines and got into the box more than twice a game i couldn't care less if his name was Osama Bin Laden

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we focus too much on Traore’s lack of goals or assists.
As long as he’s creating chances for others to score, who cares? ……..provided he makes chances, of course.
Like passing to Raul when he's through on goal

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm so conflicted about Adama. He's unique in world football, capable of outrageous strength and skill which is wonderful to watch but his overall contribution in terms of goals and assists does not correspond to his entertainment value.

Added to that our overall build-up play suffers when he plays. If he can't provide anything individually then he'll just lay it off and leave it to the others until he gets another opportunity for some individual magic. It's disjointed, I thought we played much better overall against Everton and West Ham when he didn't start.

Having said that, perish the thought of him turning up with another team and tearing us a new one.

I don't necessarily want him and could live without him, but I really don't want anyone else to have him.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speed or lack of is his biggest flaw

not every player is super fast, he can beat people... think:

traore = tim steele (without the tassles on his socks)
trincao = dennison / mark burke

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore but I am fine with selling him as well. Trincao looks rubbish to me so far. Proper myth he creates a single thing with his passing, he is basically a bad version of Adama. Misses big chances, decent dribbler but looks like his body will be atomised when he gets the most minor contact. Could get a much better player for £20M~ or whatever. Think he has 3 games now with less touches than Sa, 30 against Norwich which is fairly incredible to have that few and give the ball away that many times.

MGW is far better for me.
Yes, yes and yes. I'll throw in an amen brother.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dunno. Yes you can develop physically of course. But if we're still comparing T&T, Traore's physique and physicality can't be developed by most humans.

My problem with Trincao though is not his body but the way he uses it, the fact he's just a soft lad. Compare him with Jota, Neto, even Pod ffs, and he's just too much of a pussy. That mentality can change but I doubt it will...

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t really make my mind up about Trincao, he obviously has ability but he hasn’t really got going yet, he has time on his side of course but that does not necessarily mean he will come good. I think I would want to see an improvement in end product if we are going to commit to making him permanent.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"IF" we had a fully fit squad , my first choice forward line would be;

Traore, Podence, Neto
..................Jimenez............

Raul
Hwang MGW Neto

For me, Podence close to playing CAM but I really liked the look of MGW since late last season and want to see him play for us. Think we always need somebody like Hwang in the team and Neto is better then the rest. Especially on the tight where I think he'll be more of a goal threat.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno. Yes you can develop physically of course. But if we're still comparing T&T, Traore's physique and physicality can't be developed by most humans.

My problem with Trincao though is not his body but the way he uses it, the fact he's just a soft lad. Compare him with Jota, Neto, even Pod ffs, and he's just too much of a pussy. That mentality can change but I doubt it will...
He's a tall lad at least 6 foot. He should be able to take the knocks.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s Trincao or Traore then I’ll take Trincao.

He‘s adapting to the speed of the PL. ( this is Traore’s 4th.PL season).
He‘s an all round more skillful player.
His work ethic is better.
Better football intelligence.

Can he run as fast as Traore…..NO, ……but so what?
Some of the best players in the world are probably slower than Traore but I’d swap him for Salah, Ronaldo,Jota, Vardy, Kane etc.
I've only just seen this post. Mate, are you high? Trincao over Traore?!?

He's not a more skillful player, in fact he's some way off.

His 'work ethic' makes me fume: it's non-existent. And he just falls over all the time.

The 'inteliigence' trope is, imo, definitely incorrect (since when was playing to one's stenghts unitelligent) and in some cases borderline racist (to be clear here, I am not accusing you or anyone who simply criticises Adama of that, but I know for a fact that the Neanderthals who stand in front of me view him as a big daft black lad.

Adama is the most exciting player, alongside Bully, to play for us in my near 30 years of watching us. Of course he has weaknesses but that's why the fastest player in the league is with us and not City or Liverpool!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom