Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fantasy Football 2022/23

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Morning,
I have reestablished the FPL Fantasy league for MolMix.
If people would like to join then the links are below.
For those interested in a wager with half going to a charity then please DM me or email:- molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com
I know times are hard and not everyone can throw in a £10 but for those that do it adds a bit more interest with a charity getting something from it as well.
I can then keep a list of those invested and notify of the prize pot.
I’m also conscious that my updates are lacking and so if someone wants to assist in that again DM me.

The league is - Fantasy Premier League, Official Fantasy Football Game of the Premier League

many thanks

Last edited:

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Brighton are you going to select a charity or put up a poll. You know we love a good poll on here :)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If people want to put their suggestions I will create a poll.

suggestions based on a football or local theme…..

*WWFC foundation?
*Free Kicks Foundation (provides football related activities for ill, bereaved and disadvantaged children))
*Birmingham Children’s Hospital?
*The Haven Wolverhampton (supports women and children in Wolves who have been subjected to domestic abuse)
*Compton Care (support for families living with incurable conditions)

just a few off the top of my head. Happy for someone to suggest worthier causes

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am definitely up for it. I play that version of FF every season anyway so it would be great to be part of the Mol Mix league.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Never mind your new fangled Fantasy Football thingy, I'm doing League Ladders this year

il_1588xN.3267937491_qaca.jpg

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Fabio Silva upfront anyone? Was a waste of time last season, but looks a different player this season.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Still time to throw in a £10 and help raise some money for charity. If anyone is already in the league and would like to have a gamble whilst raising some for charity then please send me an email to molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com
Ideally need at least 10 people.

Gasman

Reaction score
Well done. I kept an eye on your team and you just seemed to always pick the right players. I was in the top 10 but a few injuries and wrong captain choices and I plummeted to 27th and my free hit and bench boost were not quite good enough - (didn’t have de Bruyne against us!)

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Why does this thread always die a death in a season when I win :laughing:

Some really good scores at the top of the MolMix league this year, three of us finishing within the top 10K too.

Get to do it all again next season
Sorry Bossworld,
I lost my way early on due to work abstractions and completely forgot to update.
I was hoping that we could raise some money for charity and make it a bit more exciting next season. Would people be up for £10 a team?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Bossworld,
I lost my way early on due to work abstractions and completely forgot to update.
I was hoping that we could raise some money for charity and make it a bit more exciting next season. Would people be up for £10 a team?
I’m only joking mate, I won in 19/20 as well, took 20/21 off as I was absolutely drained from the whole thing.

If there’s support for a cash league I’m all for it, whether that’s to charity or otherwise. Problem is getting universal buy in - at my previous work there were two separate leagues, at the current one the league organiser keeps a separate tally of who did/didn’t pay in.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done. I kept an eye on your team and you just seemed to always pick the right players. I was in the top 10 but a few injuries and wrong captain choices and I plummeted to 27th and my free hit and bench boost were not quite good enough - (didn’t have de Bruyne against us!)
I absolutely ruined my team in GW33 with the second free hit. Took Salah out for Son, and ended up 19 points worse off than if I’d not touched it at all!

Same in 37, stubbornly refused to believe that captaining Richarlison was a good idea.

Overall though, the KDB choice showed its worth saving chips for the later gameweeks, wouldn’t have had him without the late wildcard.

It’s all good fun - allegedly!

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
I’m only joking mate, I won in 19/20 as well, took 20/21 off as I was absolutely drained from the whole thing.

If there’s support for a cash league I’m all for it, whether that’s to charity or otherwise. Problem is getting universal buy in - at my previous work there were two separate leagues, at the current one the league organiser keeps a separate tally of who did/didn’t pay in.
I think one league works well and those who opt in can. Last season I had under 10 people wanting to put in cash yet over 200 in the MM league.
I will start to canvas opinion again when the next update happens and then I can keep a tally of those in/out.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
So the new season is launched on Premier League Fantasy footy.
Before renewing the league I wanted to canvas opinion.
We have over 200 teams in the league and it would be nice to have a cash incentive as well as make some money for a Wolves linked charity.
1. Renew the league, free to enter for all.
2. Renew the league and anyone who wants to pay £10 will be in the pot, highest placed team who pays £10 will win.
3. Create a separate league as H2H for those wanting to pay and leave the old one running for free.
4. Create another league normal rules for those paying and another for free.

Once I get an idea of feedback I will look at launching at the weekend.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
having one league would seem the most straightforward option (other than keeping track of who were the paid players, (though if you created a separate one you'd still have to check everyone in it paid, though I think you might be able so set it up so you have to approve those joining which would do that job.

And as a player you can join multiple leagues so anyone who wanted to be in both paid and free could be.

Anyway no strong preference from me

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Morning,
I have reestablished the FPL Fantasy league for MolMix.
If people would like to join then the links are below.
For those interested in a wager with half going to a charity then please DM me or email:- molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com
I know times are hard and not everyone can throw in a £10 but for those that do it adds a bit more interest with a charity getting something from it as well.
I can then keep a list of those invested and notify of the prize pot.
I’m also conscious that my updates are lacking and so if someone wants to assist in that again DM me.

The league is - Fantasy Premier League, Official Fantasy Football Game of the Premier League

many thanks
What's the code?

Gasman

Reaction score
So the new season is launched on Premier League Fantasy footy.
Before renewing the league I wanted to canvas opinion.
We have over 200 teams in the league and it would be nice to have a cash incentive as well as make some money for a Wolves linked charity.
1. Renew the league, free to enter for all.
2. Renew the league and anyone who wants to pay £10 will be in the pot, highest placed team who pays £10 will win.
3. Create a separate league as H2H for those wanting to pay and leave the old one running for free.
4. Create another league normal rules for those paying and another for free.

Once I get an idea of feedback I will look at launching at the weekend.
2 seems best

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appreciate none of you know me either other than on here, but for what it’s worth, I can vouch that @Brightonwolf is an upstanding member of the community if any of you are doubtful of handing over £10 to a stranger

Count me in although I may as well just flush a tenner down the loo as either I’m rubbish or forget to select my team most weeks

I think option 2 seems the easiest from an admin POV, however we’d need a strict money before the first match rule. No late joiners who have made a decent start and suddenly want to be in

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Ok so based on feedback I have renewed the league.

I will also add a Cup into the league this year which will start later in the season dependent on the number of teams.

If anyone wants to join then this is the link -Fantasy Footy Molmix

If you want to play for free then please join.

If you wish to be in with a cash incentive then drop me an email - molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com and I will send you the bank details.

Once I receive the £10 i will generate a spreadsheet and email everyone who has paid so that the prize pot can be seen.

The cash will need to be received before the 1st game of the season to be included.

The aim will be to divide the pot for the winner, Wolves charity and then smaller prizes for the Cup winner and 2nd place.

I appreciate that I am just a member that many have not met but I am happy to share my bank details with you rather than a paypal account etc.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Morning all, we have 86 teams so far in the league and a few people are interested in paying the £10 for the prize kitty.

If you wish to be in with a cash incentive then drop me an email - molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com and I will send you the bank details.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so based on feedback I have renewed the league.

I will also add a Cup into the league this year which will start later in the season dependent on the number of teams.

Once I receive the £10 i will generate a spreadsheet and email everyone who has paid so that the prize pot can be seen.

The cash will need to be received before the 1st game of the season to be included.

The aim will be to divide the pot for the winner, Wolves charity and then smaller prizes for the Cup winner and 2nd place.

I appreciate that I am just a member that many have not met but I am happy to share my bank details with you rather than a paypal account etc.
Have emailed you for payment details mate, thanks for organising. Your option 2 makes sense and that’s the way our work league runs (pity the lad who finished top, in the top 1K overall, and hadn’t paid in)

Maybe see how many you get, couple of other leagues I’m involved in do things like manager of the month prizes so it’s not entirely **** or bust at the end of the season only.

(I’m fully aware this is the season my luck will end!)

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
With less than a week now until the start of the new season you can still join our league.

We have six teams in the £10 league so far so would love to see some more interest as it closes next Friday.

If you wish to join the cash pot then email me at molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com and I will pass my bank details.
For those who just want to join the league then this is the link -Fantasy Footy Molmix

Himleywolf

Reaction score
With less than a week now until the start of the new season you can still join our league.

We have six teams in the £10 league so far so would love to see some more interest as it closes next Friday.

If you wish to join the cash pot then email me at molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com and I will pass my bank details.
For those who just want to join the league then this is the link -Fantasy Footy Molmix
Surprised there's only 6 in the £10 league, thought there would be a lot more.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Reminder to all those in the league that GW1 kicks of this Friday at 20:00 so get your teams and transfers sorted by late afternoon Friday.
For those who want to up the ante and throw in £10 for a winners pot at the end send me an email - molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Another new member for the paid league today.
For those in the paid league I will set up a distribution list email so we know who to look out for etc.

For those in the free league I will try and do some kind of commentary.

Still time to join both leagues before the cutoff on Friday.

League invite

Email me at molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com if you want to enter a cash team for £10.

Thanks again.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Don’t forget GW1 start tonight so have your teams sorted this afternoon.

We have over 200 teams in the free to play league and 10 teams in the prize pot league.

You can still join either league, the codes are below.
League invite

Email me at molmixfantasyfooty@gmail.com if you want to enter a cash team for £10.

Thanks to everyone so far and good luck for the season ahead.

Back
Top Bottom