Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Celebrating a Goal

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, now that we're a few days away from Jota either scoring a hat trick or a game winner in the 95th minute against us, what are your feelings on a player coming back to his old stomping grounds and celebrating a goal against his former team? Many players don't, they just put their heads down and shake their new teammates hands, others overdo it with a wild run, pulling their jersey over their face, running around like a madman. Where do you stand on this?

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, now that we're a few days away from Jota either scoring a hat trick or a game winner in the 95th minute against us, what are your feelings on a player coming back to his old stomping grounds and celebrating a goal against his former team? Many players don't, they just put their heads down and shake their new teammates hands, others overdo it with a wild run, pulling their jersey over their face, running around like a madman. Where do you stand on this?

I'd like him to only score an own goal and then wildly celebrate by running all around the pitch with his head in his jumper finishing with a dance in front of the corner flag

Yes I could live with that

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Celebrating a goal? What's that again?

Nah, it really doesn't bother me to be honest.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
don't think i'm some old school guy who is against it....i'm asking because it's actually an issue with certain players or fans.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading title of thread
I thought you were meaning how the few lucky fans were gonna celebrate now they're back in some stadiums..
Especially as they can't sing or shout too loud with Covid19 restrictions.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All depends on the circumstances of their time at the club and departure.
It’s possible to celebrate scoring while not actively insulting your opponents.

D

Deleted member 11332

Does my head in when they don't. It's disrespectful to their current club not to. Just do what you'd normally do. People who get upset by ex players celebrating need to grow up aswell, pathetic.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't give a **** tbh, if a player moves on and scores against a former club, the damage is already done. Feel free to celebrate how they like.
My sentiments exactly. Who gives a plop.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd quite like it if one of ours scored, and he momentarily forgot and did a little jump and fist pump, then remembered, and got all abashed.

But, in all seriousness, given the Raul situation, I think there's more likelihood of Jota sprouting griffin wings than celebrating if he scored.

Should he celebrate? Not this time. He'll score plenty more against us that he can be all chuffed about, though.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should celebrate if he scores. Aslong as he doesn't do it in any disrespectful way to our club then I wouldnt have a problem.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't get the opportunity but if Jota scores he can continue to be revered and get posts every time he scores or he can celebrate and those that haven't can get over him leaving. I hope he gets a consolation in 90+6 and celebrates - best of both worlds!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If he scores i wouldn't mind if he celebrated but I get the feeling he wouldn't, he'd be respectful. Loved Jota when he was here, was probably my favourite player. Still not quite got over him leaving but Neto's form is helping with it. I also think Neto will prove to be the better player in time.

One correction, he's not coming back to his 'old stomping grounds' on Sunday, the game is at Anfield. I'd love there to be a crowd at Molineux to genuinely welcome him back in the return fixture. He deserves our thanks, he gave everything when he was here and played a big part in our rise.

D

Deleted member 11332

If he scores i wouldn't mind if he celebrated but I get the feeling he wouldn't, he'd be respectful. Loved Jota when he was here, was probably my favourite player. Still not quite got over him leaving but Neto's form is helping with it. I also think Neto will prove to be the better player in time.

One correction, he's not coming back to his 'old stomping grounds' on Sunday, the game is at Anfield. I'd love there to be a crowd at Molineux to genuinely welcome him back in the return fixture. He deserves our thanks, he gave everything when he was here and played a big part in our rise.

This post is bang on the money, every single word.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jota scores against us I'm gonna celebrate, just love that little guy.
I really rate Jota and wish that he hadn't gone BUT I'm a Wolves fan not a Jota fan. Why the hell would l or any Wolves fan celebrate him scoring against us? I have to say that the response were you to do that at Molineux could be unpleasant.

This is either a WUM or your true colours showing.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really rate Jota and wish that he hadn't gone BUT I'm a Wolves fan not a Jota fan. Why the hell would l or any Wolves fan celebrate him scoring against us? I have to say that the response were you to do that at Molineux could be unpleasant.

Agreed

What a very weird post (not yours, the one you refer to)

Last edited:

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
I had a vision last night that Jota will score, whip off his top to reveal a get well message to Raul then get a second yellow card and red for his troubles...

(First yellow for a late lunge on Coady in the first 10 minutes)

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must be the only one on this thread who does actually care about former players celebrating against old clubs. I actually hate it, and always look out for former players scoring against old clubs to see if they'll do it. If he does score, I'd be disappointed if he does celebrate.

Nivada

Reaction score

I struggle with Jota unfortunately, was going nowhere at Wolves and let the club down a bit, think it was a good purchase for all parties although I still maintain he's still nowhere near world class and in the unlikely event he scores in Sunday's match I won't be internally happy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I struggle with Jota unfortunately, was going nowhere at Wolves and let the club down a bit, think it was a good purchase for all parties although I still maintain he's still nowhere near world class and in the unlikely event he scores in Sunday's match I won't be internally happy.
Hmmm... Now you're taking the pee lol

Nivada

Reaction score
Hmmm... Now you're taking the pee lol
I'm afraid not, this is the situation we've found ourselves in unfortunately, I trust Nuno to take us through the other end like he always does.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truthfully, I hope he doesn’t score against us on this first meeting, even if Liverpool win. It just feels a bit too soon, but in time it will be ok.
I just don’t want him to make any of our players look inept or stupid by scoring a great goal. If it was a tap in from a rebound or something like that, then it wouldn’t be so bad but to embarrass Rui, Coady etc, I‘d hate that.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope no opposition players score against us.

Even if they played 500 games for us and Wolves are leading 6-0 in stoppage time.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It´s not like the players plays for the crest anymore so I don´t give a fig if Jota celebrates or not.
He isn´t Wolves anymore.
Always found it strange when Robbie didn´t celebrate.
The days of Bull and Le Tissier is long gone.

Back
Top Bottom