Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Traore's Run

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes quite clearly. Not as bad as Warnock telling someone to break Bullys leg.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Doesn’t show it in that clip but there was a replay on Sky which showed Billing just laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of the run. Tried to kick him twice and got nowhere near him.

Adama has come back absolutely flying after the break. He’s been sensational pretty much all season but there was a little spell just before the lockdown where he was trying to do a little too much, almost as if he had started to believe the hype around him a little bit.

Over these last few games, his decision making has been excellent. Knowing when to run and get us up the pitch and when the fact that he attracts 3-4 defenders makes the pass the better option (the goal yesterday and another pass to Dendoncker were great examples of that).

Cant argue with the fact that he has been hugely involved with all four of our goals since the restart. He is the X-Factor which is turning draws against these sides of team into wins.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His confidence is absolutely sky high at the moment. Against Villa yesterday he virtually tackled Doherty at one point so desperate was he to be on the ball.

Last edited:

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many players in the world have you ever seen do that? Name one in the PL? Mahrez, Sterling, Mane, Salah, Zaha? Maybe - how many would have rode all those challenges?

The person he reminds me most of is Maradona in his prime with his ability to ride challenges.

Before someone laughs, no Traore is not as good as Maradona but the power, acceleration, low centre of gravity is (in my opinion) unique in world football.

He is already the most exciting player in the PL and has delivered the 3rd most assists.

With more development in his off-ball positioning (in particular alternating with Doc to attack the back post when Wolves are attacking down the left) and central running (for 2 up front when we want to flood the midfield) I do think he has the potential to be a top 10 player in the world.

Enjoy!!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many players in the world have you ever seen do that? Name one in the PL? Mahrez, Sterling, Mane, Salah, Zaha? Maybe - how many would have rode all those challenges?

The person he reminds me most of is Maradona in his prime with his ability to ride challenges.

Before someone laughs, no Traore is not as good as Maradona but the power, acceleration, low centre of gravity is (in my opinion) unique in world football.

He is already the most exciting player in the PL and has delivered the 3rd most assists.

With more development in his off-ball positioning (in particular alternating with Doc to attack the back post when Wolves are attacking down the left) and central running (for 2 up front when we want to flood the midfield) I do think he has the potential to be a top 10 player in the world.

Enjoy!!
Certainly has the attributes to be a top player. Top 10- not so sure. Just hope that he stays with us for a while yet as he's one of the most exciting players around.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saint Maxima was atrocious for Newcastle. Not half the player Adama is.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't have him for long, as I maintained when everyone was slating him. He's destined for the very top, that's no disrespect to us, but he's a Barca/Real player in waiting

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What about Pedro Neto? :D His run at the end of the same match, also one against Spurs. Can burst past players with pace and trickery.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's the best player in the world at beating his opponent. Close control is good, pace and power is insane.

I wouldn't discount him being one of the best in the world either. He's still young and if he can keep improving the way he has done then there's no reason why he can't get to that level. Still needs a lot more goals before that happens though and needs to work on his finishing, however in a more attacking team he may get more chances.

There's him and Neves who I think can play for the Barcelona/Madrid/City from this team.

As for someone from Bournemouth shouting 'foul him', not a problem with it. I was doing the same when we played at the Riverside in the 1-2!! Unfortunately that was a very good foul for the team from them. Whether those extremely cynical fouls deserve a red or the introduction of a sin-bin or something is another debate but it's what they needed to do.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about Pedro Neto? :D His run at the end of the same match, also one against Spurs. Can burst past players with pace and trickery.
Neto is quality, he also has a footballing brain, this was evident from the first time I saw him. Different players; and do not forget Podance.

Let us hope Nuno can keep them all happy. If everyone NUmno wants sticks around- Wow!

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine what he’ll be able to do when he’s in a really top team . . .

Oh. Wait a minute.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul's run at city in which he passed the ball to adama was kinda hot, as well. Broke atamendi's ankles in the process.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great coaching from Nuno and his staff have undoubtedly made Adama improve to be the player he is now imo.

Don’t forget Nuno played him at wing back at times last season. Not Adamas position and he struggled with his defensive duties but Nuno now knows he is at his best further forward. Preferably out wide where he can get to the by line and get his crosses over after skinning anyone in front of him.

When he came on yesterday Nuno played him as an inside forward (old term I know) but he still made an impact from that position in the build up to our goal.

There you go. I’ve mentioned him as a wing back, wide player and inside forward. How versatile is that? Worth every penny of £150million but we are not selling!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Enjoy!!

Just some points. Just as addendums really.

As good as Maradona: Difficult to compare, I would say his ball retention, driving towards the opponents end and speed are on par or better. But as said difficult to compare. Maradona's vision and his final product are superior at this stage, but both are things that can improve for Adama.
Low centre of gravity: It's even more remarkable (yes unique as you say) because Traore, whilst no towering giant, is not actually short at 5 feet 10 inches (1.78cms). He's taller than Moutinho, Jonny and quite a few others. But his bulk shifts the centre of gravity and makes him super solid and difficult to knock over. So that makes him extremely powerful with both feet planted on the ground. In fact you can't knock him off the ball, you have to trip him when one foot is off the ground. Just kicking him is not enough, as we see week in, week out. But excuse my foreign swearing, how the **** can he be that fast with that body? That is the real mystery to me. Must be the explosive energy, so we really want Traore to be strolling around when out of the action. We can't have him running full tilt for too long. He changes things in seconds, not minutes. Just let him stroll, let him stroll. And if he wants to have a rest on the ground after being fouled, then go ahead son, take your time. It's what boxers do. They take the full count.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just some points. Just as addendums really.

As good as Maradona: Difficult to compare, I would say his ball retention, driving towards the opponents end and speed are on par or better. But as said difficult to compare. Maradona's vision and his final product are superior at this stage, but both are things that can improve for Adama.
Low centre of gravity: It's even more remarkable (yes unique as you say) because Traore, whilst no towering giant, is not actually short at 5 feet 10 inches (1.78cms). He's taller than Moutinho, Jonny and quite a few others. But his bulk shifts the centre of gravity and makes him super solid and difficult to knock over. So that makes him extremely powerful with both feet planted on the ground. In fact you can't knock him off the ball, you have to trip him when one foot is off the ground. Just kicking him is not enough, as we see week in, week out. But excuse my foreign swearing, how the **** can he be that fast with that body? That is the real mystery to me. Must be the explosive energy, so we really want Traore to be strolling around when out of the action. We can't have him running full tilt for too long. He changes things in seconds, not minutes. Just let him stroll, let him stroll. And if he wants to have a rest on the ground after being fouled, then go ahead son, take your time. It's what boxers do. They take the full count.
Agreed. He cannot go full tilt all the time. Would be nice to use his speed to arrive at far post for a tap in after Neto/Jota has danced down the wing (or even a header given he can jump). Doesn’t need to be every attack. He can alternate with Doc.....but then we have additional threats and he’ll get more goals.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I said last season, he's the most unique player in world football, probably ever, there's not a defender who can handle that pace and power, add in that ability to change direction instantly and there's just no stopping him. In seasons past they could just let him go by them as he'd either smash a shot into the crowd or over hit a cross, now they have no option but try to bring him down otherwise he'll pick out a Wolves player in the box.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. He cannot go full tilt all the time. Would be nice to use his speed to arrive at far post for a tap in after Neto/Jota has danced down the wing (or even a header given he can jump). Doesn’t need to be every attack. He can alternate with Doc.....but then we have additional threats and he’ll get more goals.

If he had that in his game, it would be an avenue to so many goals.
It’s my favourite FIFA 20 Wolves cheese goal. Release Jota down the left wing if they have a momentary lapse in marking runners, thump a low back post cross and see Adama steam 10 yards clear of his marker to volley home (or row Z).

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great coaching from Nuno and his staff have undoubtedly made Adama improve to be the player he is now imo.

Don’t forget Nuno played him at wing back at times last season.

In hindsight, and from hearing adama speak, I suspect it was partly to allow him to learn how different positions play.
To be a top ten player he probably needs to contribute more goals himself. We don't see him move into the box enough, and his shooting is still too unreliable.

That said, how many times do you have a player where the game becomes all about them? We had Bully of course, and in the modern day you have Ronaldo, Messi and a handful of others. Traore is one of those.

Back
Top Bottom