Home | MM Facebook | Live League Tables | Live Scores | |

Go Back   Molineux Mix - Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans Forum > Molineux Mix > Molineux Mix Archive

Molineux Mix Archive archived posts

Old 06-03-2013, 06:54
Just doesn't shut up

Bad losers v Real Madrid

I was expecting to see Ferguson dead on the pitch after he came running down the steps to scream at the linesman.

The sending off was 50/50 some refs would some wouldn't but what beat Man U. was 2 goals not the sending off.

The usual crowding of the ref lead by the horrible Ferdinand was to be expected, they just don't like it up 'em.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesbury Wolf View Post
I was expecting to see Ferguson dead on the pitch after he came running down the steps to scream at the linesman.

The sending off was 50/50 some refs would some wouldn't but what beat Man U. was 2 goals not the sending off.

The usual crowding of the ref lead by the horrible Ferdinand was to be expected, they just don't like it up 'em.
So your main argument for them being bad losers is that you expected Fergie to do something that didn't happen in the end?

Nice one.

It was never a sending off in a million years. Saying it was a red seems to be this month's cause celebre for the football hipsters. The fact is, you watch enough football, you get an innate feeling for what a red card is. This wasn't one. Did you honestly see the challenge first time around and think "he could be off here"?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58
Mouth Almighty

I agree with Wednesbury. Ferguson losing it is something that always makes me smile. As for the players disgraceful as usual for manure.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:02
Mouth Almighty

To be fair they were robbed
Old 06-03-2013, 07:05
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobNet Wolf View Post
So your main argument for them being bad losers is that you expected Fergie to do something that didn't happen in the end?

Nice one.

It was never a sending off in a million years. Saying it was a red seems to be this month's cause celebre for the football hipsters. The fact is, you watch enough football, you get an innate feeling for what a red card is. This wasn't one. Did you honestly see the challenge first time around and think "he could be off here"?

Are you seriously saying Man U. aren't bad losers ?

If you are you must be in a club of one.

As for saying Ferguson didn't do anything - he was waving his arms like and idiot and screaming in the linesmans face then like a little kid wouldn't do an interview. He's pathetic and simply won't accept defeat.

Yes I was watching it live and yes I did think Nani should have been sent off.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:06
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobNet Wolf View Post

Nice one.

It was dangerous play, I cant see how anyone can otherwise interpret a boot raised chest high with studs showing. Of course, it did seem unintentional but that is not the defining point of the rules governing dangerous play.

Could have been a yellow, could have been a red, according to how strict or lax the referee was. But it was in many ways a relief to see a referee making up his own mind after years of Ferguson and Utd attempting to intimidate referees. Karma and all that.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:07
Just doesn't shut up

It was a dodgy decision in my eyes but Roy Keane after the match was a $$$$! Kept arguing with Dixon and southgate saying it was a definite red no question! He just wouldn't let it drop when the others were trying to question it!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:10
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesbury Wolf View Post
Are you seriously saying Man U. aren't bad losers ?

If you are you must be in a club of one.

As for saying Ferguson didn't do anything - he was waving his arms like and idiot and screaming in the linesmans face then like a little kid wouldn't do an interview. He's pathetic and simply won't accept defeat.

Yes I was watching it live and yes I did think Nani should have been sent off.
I've got no general sympathy for Utd. But on this occasion, I don't think they did anything worse than any other club in the circumstances.

If you watched it live and thought it was a sending off, you must also be in a club of one.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:11
Just doesn't shut up

He kept on about it being dangerous play raising his foot even if he didn't know that a player was near him. So here's my question, what about if someone attempts an overhead kick and catches someone sticking their head in? It's happened plenty of times without ghat outcome.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:12
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvesjoe View Post
It was dangerous play, I cant see how anyone can otherwise interpret a boot raised chest high with studs showing. Of course, it did seem unintentional but that is not the defining point of the rules governing dangerous play.

Could have been a yellow, could have been a red, according to how strict or lax the referee was. But it was in many ways a relief to see a referee making up his own mind after years of Ferguson and Utd attempting to intimidate referees. Karma and all that.
But wolvesjoe, there are incidents every five minutes of every game that you could call 'dangerous play'. It's a very inspecific term that has been on the rule book for decades. It's through years of watching football that we know what constitutes a red and what doesn't.

Should a goalkeeper be sent off every time he charges through a crowded six yard box to punch the ball away? Should a player who tries an overhead kick and misses, catching a player in the process, be sent off? All dangerous. None of them reds.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:14
Just doesn't shut up

Bad losers v Real Madrid

All I'm saying is that now they know what the other 91 clubs in the league feel like when playing at Old Trafford.

Did anyone else see their fans on twitter wishing that the plane taking the referee home crashes, killing the ref? Amazing from fans of a club who a month ago were crying over Munich. Stay class United.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-03-2013, 07:15
MolMix Poster of the Season 2012-2013

Ashley's got it spot on. United were robbed, really, but I could care less for the Champions League.

Wolves won and that's all that mattered to me yesterday.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:15
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
He kept on about it being dangerous play raising his foot even if he didn't know that a player was near him. So here's my question, what about if someone attempts an overhead kick and catches someone sticking their head in? It's happened plenty of times without ghat outcome.
It was cringeworthy. He just wants to be controversial. A proper knob

Anyone who thinks it was a red is quite simply lying
Old 06-03-2013, 07:16
Mouth Almighty

Bad losers v Real Madrid

Overhead kicks need to be outlawed then. As does heading. After all an unintentional arm is dangerous!!

I was 50:50 last night, now I think its an awful decision.

As the commentator said last night, its a game of football between Madrid and Man Utd and all we are talking about is the referree

If that was us on the wrong end of that decision wed be furious.
Mouth Almighty

Bad losers v Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV10Wolf View Post
All I'm saying is that now they know what the other 91 clubs in the league feel like when playing at Old Trafford.

Did anyone else see their fans on twitter wishing that the plane taking the referee home crashes, killing the ref? Amazing from fans of a club who a month ago were crying over Munich. Stay class United.

Really? That's pathetic, although every club has its minority.
Just doesn't shut up

Bad losers v Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
It was cringeworthy. He just wants to be controversial. A proper knob

Anyone who thinks it was a red is quite simply lying
I think it was a red.

If that was Man Utd vs Wolves we'd want blood, then moan about being stitched up

Old 06-03-2013, 07:17
Just doesn't shut up

Bad losers v Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
Really? That's pathetic, although every club has its minority.
Yes really.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:20
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Exactly. It will normally result in a free kick given and nothing else.

Looking at the reply of the Nani incident there is a slight second movement from him also pushing his foot back into the chest of the Real player. If you look in the rule book I'm sure you will find a rule which states that's a red card offence. Just like when a player slightly moves his head towards another pretending to head but him but not making any contact.

But there is no way in a million years the ref last night would of spotted that action from Nani. So ican't see why he felt the need to send him off.

Also Ferdinands actions after the game showed him up for the horrible little child that he is.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:21

I watched it after hearing about the sending off, and to me it was a ridiculous decision that ruined a great game.

Love 'em or loathe 'em, but Man Yoo were certainly in control and looked like the winners right up to that moment.

As for Roy Keane, what a bitter & twisted malakas he really is - sitting there trying to look objective while his snake-like eyes shone bright at the chance to poke Fergie. You could almost see him breaking out into a smirk. The same witless vindictiveness that saw him break ankles in retaliation for long-forgotten "crimes" against his vanity.

As for the irony of him of all people holding forth about refereeing decisions for "violent play" ... priceless
Old 06-03-2013, 07:23
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV10Wolf View Post
I think it was a red.

If that was Man Utd vs Wolves we'd want blood, then moan about being stitched up

You're lying. If that were against us we'd be shouting for a yellow, you know it wasn't a red mate.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:26
Just doesn't shut up

Bad losers v Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
You're lying. If that were against us we'd be shouting for a yellow, you know it wasn't a red mate.
When I saw it in real time it looked to me make Nani caught him in the chest with his studs. Even in the replays he doesn't cover himself in glory with the way he kicks out with his foot on the way down.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:27
Just doesn't shut up

Man Utd, bad losers?

Rio clapped the referee at the final whistle, quite sporting really...
Old 06-03-2013, 07:30
Mouth Almighty

I am sick of hearing both on here and in the media that there was no intent.Intent was tajen out of the Laws Years ago.As such his challenge whether he meant it or not caught an opponent thus endangering an opponent thus in the eyes of the Ref was a Red.
Suggestions that it was never a Red in a million years are both laughable and under the Laws of the game Wrong!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:33
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzy54 View Post
I am sick of hearing both on here and in the media that there was no intent.Intent was tajen out of the Laws Years ago.As such his challenge whether he meant it or not caught an opponent thus endangering an opponent thus in the eyes of the Ref was a Red.
Suggestions that it was never a Red in a million years are both laughable and under the Laws of the game Wrong!
Fair enough Jonzy.

But as a ref could you tell us why a player isn't sent off or rarely ever booked when he attempts an overhead kick and makes contact with a player?

It normally only ever results in a free kick.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:40

Never a sending off in a million years, a poor refereeing decision of the highest order.

Nevertheless, Ferdinand should be reprimanded (hefty fine / ban) for his "in the face" antics at the end.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:40
Has alot to say

Welcome to the real world Fergie, where smaller teams get $$$$ decisions against the bigger teams.

It's been happening to us for years
Old 06-03-2013, 07:43
Mouth Almighty

Bad losers v Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidder_wolf_II View Post
Fair enough Jonzy.

But as a ref could you tell us why a player isn't sent off or rarely ever booked when he attempts an overhead kick and makes contact with a player?

It normally only ever results in a free kick.
I'd like to know this too.

Also by this token it means Milijas's red card v Arsenal was correct
Old 06-03-2013, 07:44
MolMix's Manchester United Cheerleader-in-Chief

I think no fans would say it was morally a sending off, but the rules of the game might compel the referee to send him off. There is a subtle difference in that before anyone says it doesnt make sense.

No doubt we would be livid in those circumstances, it undoubtedly changed the game.

It was however, deeply funny to see Ferguson flapping his littel arms like a penguin. You would havethought he would be really against such high tackles even if unintentional. Why, just a month or so ago he said it could seriously injure someone when a ball was kicked at his star striker. Always has been full of contradictions.

For Manchester United the club, local fans etc I feel very sorry, but for every other manure fan and glory hunter I feel deeply happy that that happened, and it is a great day for English football perversely as the big temporarily only, don't get much bigger. We also get a bit of a media assault lay off. Happy days!

Now back to our ****.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:46
Has alot to say

As Mourinho said "that's football" Goodness knows we've been on the receiving end of some poor decisions in recent times, these things happen. As they've probably benefitted from more than they've suffered from especially at Old Trafford Im afraid I've little sympathy.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:46
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzy54 View Post
Thank god for some sense on here. A leading boot to the chest, studs showing with momentuum. How can it be anything else other than dangerous play?

It is always a shame when games are decided by sending offs, but we have a framework of rules to make sure the game is not ruled by whoever is the most reckless. The referee is thus put in a very difficult situation. I used to referee at college level, and these were always some of the most hard-to-call situations. In many ways, a strict interpretation of the law is the fairest as at least it allows for some consistency.