Home | MM Facebook | Live League Tables | Live Scores | |

Go Back   Molineux Mix - Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans Forum > Molineux Mix > Molineux Mix Archive

Molineux Mix Archive archived posts

Old 05-03-2013, 22:54
Mouth Almighty

Michael Kightly

I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, but my apologies if it has...

Anyway, Kightly came across very well in an interview for 6 Towns Radio tonight alongside Ryan Shawcross. He was asked about Wolves and here is what he had to say...

@SCFCRoss
Kightly: "People don't realise how tough that was [to leave Wolves], I was very upset to leave the club. But it was something I felt ($$$$.)

@SCFCRoss
Kightly "I had to do rather than that I wanted to do" #wwfc #wolves

@SCFCRoss
Kightly: "I love the club to bits, I want to see the club do really well, you never know one day I might end up back there" #wwfc #wolves

The full interview is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxbpS...ature=youtu.be

3rd minute for the average number of shots on goal we had in 90 minutes under him.
50th representing the percentage defeats to games under his masterful stewardship.
Old 05-03-2013, 22:55
Mouth Almighty

That's nice....

But I couldn't give a stuff. He can $$$$ off.
Old 05-03-2013, 22:59
Just doesn't shut up

So he felt that he had to leave, but didn't want to?

Maybe time to use the mental health act against him.
Old 05-03-2013, 22:59
Just doesn't shut up

Michael Kightly

$$$$ off Judas you're not welcome back I hope you rot at Stoke you absolute money grabbing back stabbing $$$$.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:00
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
That's nice....

But I couldn't give a stuff. He can $$$$ off.
Christ you're boring. How about a little empathy?
Old 05-03-2013, 23:00
Just doesn't shut up

still love Kights.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:01
Has alot to say

would welcome him back any day - was my favourite player for some time
Old 05-03-2013, 23:01
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc91 View Post

Injury prone player being offered a move to the Premier League (against all odds, let's be honest) to a West Midlands side where he is very much settled. Had it been someone further afield - QPR for instance - I doubt he'd have gone.

Typically, I don't think he has been injured a day since leaving.

3rd minute for the average number of shots on goal we had in 90 minutes under him.
50th representing the percentage defeats to games under his masterful stewardship.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:02
Just doesn't shut up

Michael Kightly

Translated.

I thought the grass was greener, but its not. These $$$$ers don't support me or have me up on a pedestal like the Wolves fans did and I very much regret my decision to leave.

Tough $$$$ pal. Enjoy the oatcakes won't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by WV10Wolf; 05-03-2013 at 23:03..
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV10Wolf View Post
Translated.

I thought the grass was greener, but its not. These $$$$ers don't support me and have me up on a pedestal like the Wolves fans did and I very much regret my decision to leave.

Tough $$$$ pal. Enjoy the oatcakes won't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
That too. The couple of Stoke fans I talk to don't rate him. At all.

Just doesn't shut up

I'd have him back - he was my favourite player for a while.

Can't really blame him for moving on if the interest was there for him.

Anyone that says they wouldn't want to progress their career by moving on to better paid jobs is talking out of their $$$$.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:03
Groupie

Quote:

Maybe he was pushed out the door, get a risk injury prone (Could you class him as that?) off the wage bill when you get the chance and also cash in on his transfer fee in the process
Old 05-03-2013, 23:04
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolv3nsam View Post
Injury prone player being offered a move to the Premier League (against all odds, let's be honest) to a West Midlands side where he is very much settled. Had it been someone further afield - QPR for instance - I doubt he'd have gone.

Typically, I don't think he has been injured a day since leaving.
I know it does seem odd. Maybe it is like the above post, he was held with extremely high regard by us, I'm sure he was our favourite player for most of us. Stokies don't seem to have taken to him and he doesn't seem to fit in there.

It'd be tough to welcome him back.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:04
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJs Tankard View Post
Anyone that says they wouldn't want to progress their career by moving on to better paid jobs is talking out of their $$$$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGold View Post
Maybe he was pushed out the door, get a risk injury prone (Could you class him as that?) off the wage bill when you get the chance and also cash in on his transfer fee in the process
I think it had more to do with location, to be honest. His child had just been born so remaining settled (whilst probably getting a tasty pay rise undoubtedly) was probably the priority.

Old 05-03-2013, 23:05
Mouth Almighty

Saying that he's just the player we're missing in right midfield, but Edwards can play there cor he
Old 05-03-2013, 23:07
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
I know it does seem odd. Maybe it is like the above post, he was held with extremely high regard by us, I'm sure he was our favourite player for most of us. Stokies don't seem to have taken to him and he doesn't seem to fit in there.

I think he fitted at Wolves because he, more so than anyone, epitomised and encapsulated MM's reign. He was a talismanic figure both on and off the pitch which I can't really say we have at all at the moment - Sako is probably the closest with his occasional flashes of brilliance and habit of digging us out of a difficult patch.

Edit: Saying that though, I wouldn't have him back. He may be in his 'prime' now but I really think we saw the best of him whilst he was here.

Last edited by Wolv3nsam; 05-03-2013 at 23:09..
Old 05-03-2013, 23:11
Groupie

Quote:

Yeah you're right it would. It's like having a long term relationship thats gone up the $$$$ter because she cheated then gets done over by the other bloke but you miss her, she wants you back and all your left with at the time is some less than average replacement..

Quote:
I think it had more to do with location, to be honest. His child had just been born so remaining settled (whilst probably getting a tasty pay rise undoubtedly) was probably the priority.
Never realised that he'd just had a child, in that case makes a whole lot of sense and I guess for all his adult life he has lived around here. Can't blame a player for going money when their careers are so short, just so annoying the manner of it. After us standing by him for so long.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:15
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGold View Post
Never realised that he'd just had a child, in that case makes a whole lot of sense and I guess for all his adult life he has lived around here. Can't blame a player for going money when their careers are so short, just so annoying the manner of it. After us standing by him for so long.
I believe it was mentioned at the time by him as one of his reasons for leaving, a daughter I think. Or it was at least mentioned as one reason for why he had skipped a couple of days training under SS. I stand by the fact that had it not been a West Midlands club he wouldn't have left us as he has lived around here since he was 20 years old (?) so is very much settled in the area you would assume. It's a shame for us that Stoke were the club to come in for him really. I can understand everyone's annoyance at him but you can't blame him - no need to move house, playing in a top league (which he sadly didn't have much of a chance to do for us) and a pay rise. We'd all do it, especially with a new child.

Old 05-03-2013, 23:17
Just doesn't shut up

The reason he doesn't fit in at Stoke is because he actually plays football. He likes the ball at his feet, he likes to run with it, he likes to take people on and he likes to whip a cross in or have a pop on goal himself. He doesn't fit in with Stoke City's Rugby Union scrappy style of play.

Not really sure where all this "we stood by him" comes from though. He got injured playing football for the club. He got injured doing his job. It's not like he went out for a night on the $$$$, booted a few bollards down and then put his leg through a shop window causing himself injury - he did it playing football. There is no loyalty in those cases - it's no different to when a $$$$ player gets a long term injury and then has his contract terminated by the club. Elokobi is likely to leave at the end of this season because his contract expires, he's been out injured long term and is no longer a first team player. Will people be bothered about us loyalty then when he leaves? No. They'll see it as a good opportunity to get rid of a squad player that is taking a wage. Loyalty works both ways.

Last edited by RJs Tankard; 05-03-2013 at 23:18..
Old 05-03-2013, 23:17
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwell Wolf View Post
$$$$ off Judas you're not welcome back I hope you rot at Stoke you absolute money grabbing back stabbing $$$$.
Nothing to do with playing for an established premiership team then. I still don't get the hatred at all, some of you lot are quite pathetic it wasn't his fault he was injured.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:19
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf View Post
Nothing to do with playing for an established premiership team then. I still don't get the hatred at all, some of you lot are quite pathetic it wasn't his fault he was injured.
Agreed.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:19
Groupie

Quote:
I believe it was mentioned at the time by him as one of his reasons for leaving, a daughter I think. Or it was at least mentioned as one reason for why he had skipped a couple of days training under SS. I stand by the fact that had it not been a West Midlands club he wouldn't have left us as he has lived around here since he was 20 years old (?) so is very much settled in the area you would assume. It's a shame for us that Stoke were the club to come in for him really. I can understand everyone's annoyance at him but you can't blame him - no need to move house, playing in a top league (which he sadly didn't have much of a chance to do for us) and a pay rise. We'd all do it, especially with a new child.
Yes of course we all would, got to look out for the people around you when you've got responsibilities, you're not wrong at all. Everything is a good match for him, them or Villa and he was gone. Really don't think he'd of gone to Albion, surely not!
Old 05-03-2013, 23:20
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJs Tankard View Post
The reason he doesn't fit in at Stoke is because he actually plays football. He likes the ball at his feet, he likes to run with it, he likes to take people on and he likes to whip a cross in or have a pop on goal himself. He doesn't fit in with Stoke City's Rugby Union scrappy style of play.
I don't know if it's the case that it's the Premier League and we never got to see him there, but the times I've seen him he has been disappointing. He hasn't looked the same player who looked head and shoulders above anything in this league in 2008/09.

In fact, if you'd have told me four-five years ago that we'd sell Jarvis for 10.75m with an England cap and Kightly for 2.5m with none I'd have laughed in your face. It's a massive shame that injury put pay to someone with such huge potential.

Last edited by Wolv3nsam; 05-03-2013 at 23:21..
Old 05-03-2013, 23:27

I'd have him back in a hearbteat.

He gave so much for the club, when the likes of Johnson (who are only still here because nobody else will have them) are lauded by the fans.

such a shame
Old 05-03-2013, 23:33
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
I don't know if it's the case that it's the Premier League and we never got to see him there, but the times I've seen him he has been disappointing. He hasn't looked the same player who looked head and shoulders above anything in this league in 2008/09.
He was one of our best players towards the end of last season - and him and Jarvis were chipping in with goals regularly. He was one of the last remaining players to show some fight, when the rest had clearly given up. Even Fletcher looks disinterested from late March onwards - but Jarvis and Kightly kept going.

He's proven that he can play at that level when fully fit and given a fair crack of the whip.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:44
Mouth Almighty

I think we'll see him a back here wearing our shirt. It's not worked out at Stoke and they'll probably try to move him on in the summer, I doubt any PL clubs will be interested as he hasn't pulled up any trees and if (a big if) we're still in the championship we'd have an excellent chance of signing him.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:48
Groupie

Someone offers me an half decent salary to remain the Prem. You'd have to be a twonk to refuse. Irrespective of injuries and allegiancies to another club.

Short career. Woman to support to a manner she wishes to remain accustomed. Did he actually ever down tools like this shower we have left. Bought the ticket. Watched him do his best. Injured or otherwise. He owes me bugger all.
Old 05-03-2013, 23:55
Northampton Wanderer

I'd have him back
Old 06-03-2013, 04:08
Groupie

get him back on loan
Old 06-03-2013, 04:50
MolMix's Manchester United Cheerleader-in-Chief

Mixed feelings. The Judas thing sticks in my throat, but i would still have him back. He won't be endearing himself to any stokies by saying he loves Wolves though.