Home | MM Facebook | Live League Tables | Live Scores | |

Go Back   Molineux Mix - Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans Forum > Molineux Mix > Molineux Mix Archive

Molineux Mix Archive archived posts

View Poll Results: Who's the better left winger?
Sako 70 60.34%
Jarvis 46 39.66%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2013, 21:13
Just doesn't shut up

Sako or Jarvis

Having a discussion on another thread about who is the better winger - sako or jarvis?

Personally, i would take sako every time. Hes better technically, from dead balls and scores more goals. Jarvis has more pace over short distances and has a better weaker foot but apart from that, he comes second in every other department.

As a bit of a distraction from all the $$$$ going on atm, who do you think is the better winger?

Last edited by ice cream head; 03-03-2013 at 21:17..
Old 03-03-2013, 21:16
Just doesn't shut up

Jarvis, Sako relies too much on his pace and has far lower ball control and actual skill to beat a man. Runs into trouble too much and while he is a good winger at this level, I think he would be found out in the Premier as he is extremely 1 dimensional. His also erratic with his defending.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:18
Just doesn't shut up

No, Jarvis for me.

Its easy to now see Sako as the better player with Wolves blinkers on and the fact that Sako is standing out in such a poor side. Jarvis was and is a better player IMO.

Dont get me wrong, Sako is a very good player for us at the moment but still has a big defensive flaw to his game and until he improves on that/proves himself in the PL its unfair to say he is better than Jarvis.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:19

Re: Sako or Jarvis

Jarvis, but that's not to say Sako isn't good. Play Sako in a better team and he'd look great probably, hopefully we can stay up and realise that potential...

Sent using TapaTalk
Old 03-03-2013, 21:20
Just doesn't shut up

Jarvis is far more consistent both attacking and defensively

But I feel sako has bigger raw talent and with right coaching and team environment will have far better career
Old 03-03-2013, 21:21
Mouth Almighty

Think it's unfair to judge the two, both completely different players - Jarvis relies solely upon his pace, and his crossing isn't the best. I think Sako is the more complete player, but I think it's unfair to judge until we've seen him in the top flight.

Therefore I will abstain.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:23
Just doesn't shut up

Really puzzles me how people say Jarvis relies upon his pace yet Sako doesn't. The amount of times I've seen Sako try to beat a bloke with pace who has a 5 yard head start this season is quite high. Don't get me wrong, he's good, at this level.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:24
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
Think it's unfair to judge the two, both completely different players - Jarvis relies solely upon his pace, and his crossing isn't the best. I think Sako is the more complete player, but I think it's unfair to judge until we've seen him in the top flight.

Therefore I will abstain.
Personally I think his crossing ability was always very underrated.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:25
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perton Wolf View Post
Really puzzles me how people say Jarvis relies upon his pace yet Sako doesn't. The amount of times I've seen Sako try to beat a bloke with pace who has a 5 yard head start this season is quite high. Don't get me wrong, he's good, at this level.
Sako isn't anywhere near as fast as Jarvis.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:26
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalsallWolf View Post
Personally I think his crossing ability was always very underrated.
Under rated because that's all he ever did, the vast majority never found the man it was intended for.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:26
Just doesn't shut up

Sako as a winger that scores more goals
I break down
Old 03-03-2013, 21:27
Just doesn't shut up

Sako can cross the ball, which always helps.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:27
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Under rated because that's all he ever did, the vast majority never found the man it was intended for.
Him and Fletcher would tear this league a new one. Sako and Fletcher on the other hand, wouldn't be so sure.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:28
Just doesn't shut up

Sako or Jarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteWolf View Post
Sako can cross the ball, which always helps.
Sako crosses the ball at 100mph, which doesn't help.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:28
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Him and Fletcher would tear this league a new one. Sako and Fletcher on the other hand, wouldn't be so sure.
Completely disagree.

Put it this way

Pace - Jarvis
Dribbling - Sako
Shooting - Sako
Passing - Sako
Heading - Sako (though he's not the best!)
Defending - Jarvis (very under rated defensively)
Physical prowess - Sako
Set peices - Sako
Flair - Sako

As I say, completely different player so not fair to judge especially as Sako hasn't played in the PL.

Last edited by StefanWolves; 03-03-2013 at 21:36..
Old 03-03-2013, 21:31
Just doesn't shut up

Sako easily.

With better players around him, complemented by a proper right winger to allow balance and more freedom for him and in a team high on confidence he'd be devastating.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:32
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Completely disagree.

Put it this way

Pace - Jarvis
Dribbling - Sako
Shooting - Sako
Passing - Sako
Heading - Sako (though he's not the best!)
Defending - Jarvis (very under rated defensively)
Physical prowess - Sako
Set prices - Sako
Flair - Sako

As I say, completely different player so not fair to judge especially as Sako hasn't played in the PL.
Don't agree with some of them. Sako is particularly poor when taking corners and his dribbling is certainly something he could improve on. But I'll give Sako one thing, he can play $$$$ for 90 minutes and then pop up with a goal. Jarvis either seemed to be hot or off.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:33
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgnorthwolf View Post
Sako easily.

With better players around him, complemented by a proper right winger to allow balance and more freedom for him and in a team high on confidence he'd be devastating.
Totally agree, teams a doubling up on him, I don't think he'd get that treatment in the PL, especially if we had a decent right winger!
Old 03-03-2013, 21:33
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Totally agree, teams a doubling up on him, I don't think he'd get that treatment in the PL, especially if we had a decent right winger!
The most annoying thing is we DO have a very good right winger. Just an utterly $$$$ manager.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:35
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
The most annoying thing is we DO have a very good right winger. Just an utterly $$$$ manager.
Yup! Just taken it as a given that we won't be seeing him again.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:36
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Now that's something I think we can all agree on
Old 03-03-2013, 21:39
Groupie

Jarvis for me.

As much as I like Sako he frustrates me so much, one minute he'll do something out've the blue and then the next minute he'll give it away cheaply which has cost us before in games - See the goal leading up to Blackburn's Peno at home.
Old 03-03-2013, 21:40
Groupie

I think that Sako should play as a floating player behind the main striker(s). He is weaker than Jarvis in defence and exposes the left back in a way that Jarvo never did. As a loose number 10 he would be a very very effective player at this level and possibly higher!
Old 03-03-2013, 21:41
Has alot to say

Re: Sako or Jarvis

I actually don't think Jarvis would have made the impact Sako has this year. Jarvis' game relies more on other players than Sako's does.....and ours are $$$$.

If I were a decent mid table Prem side and had the choice of the two I'd chose Jarvis.

Last edited by morosewolf; 03-03-2013 at 21:42..
Old 03-03-2013, 22:00
Just doesn't shut up

Different types of player, Jarvis is more an orthodox winger but Sako has fantastic delivery and technique. I'd say there isn't much in it but I'll plump for Sako because of one main reason - When teams doubled up on Jarvis they rendered him pretty ineffective. Every team we play now sends at least two to stop Sako, and he still causes problems, scores goals and makes chances. He's erratic, but immensely talented.
Old 03-03-2013, 22:02
Has alot to say

Seeing Jarvis play for West Ham this year has made me realise that he is alot more one dimensional as I thought. It always seemed like he had more at Wolves, he seemed to get in the box more.

It maybe that he is being told to play that way by Big Sam. He is your typical winger, hug the touchline and feed the striker with crosses as much as possible.

Where as Sako is a more of a complete player, and can play in a couple of positions. He does not posses as much pace as Jarvo so must use trickery and dribbling to beat his man.

So it depends on the style of play of the team.
But as a footballer I would chose Sako, I think hes excellent and find it hard to get frustrated with him because of the amount of times he has rescued us or does something brilliant.

I would prefer to see him in a floating role, however I think time soon maybe up on his Wolves career.
Old 03-03-2013, 22:02
Just doesn't shut up

Sako the guy is immense but not an out and out winger in the jarvis mould.
Old 03-03-2013, 22:04
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Jarvis, Sako relies too much on his pace and has far lower ball control and actual skill to beat a man. Runs into trouble too much and while he is a good winger at this level, I think he would be found out in the Premier as he is extremely 1 dimensional. His also erratic with his defending.
Sako doesn't have all that much pace. He uses his strength and close control to beat men. They just can't get close enough to him to take the ball from him.

He pretty much always goes on one raiding run per half of football, showing his ability to skin half a football team. He's technically superior to Jarvis who completely relies on his pace. Jarvis will push the ball past a player and skin them before they've turned but needs 10 attempts at a cross before one is effective.

Some would argue that Jarvis does more defensive work but Sako is far more likely to grab you a goal and if he wasn't playing in midfield on his own for most of this season i imagine he'd have got far more.

Last edited by wolfyjoe; 03-03-2013 at 22:06..
Old 03-03-2013, 22:19
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfyjoe View Post
Sako doesn't have all that much pace. He uses his strength and close control to beat men. They just can't get close enough to him to take the ball from him.
Did you miss those two Cardiff defenders snapping hamstrings as they tried, and failed to keep up with him over a 70 yard break before SEB missed?

Add a point about Jarvis - very good defensively, Sako will never be that good at tracking back.
Old 03-03-2013, 22:46
Just doesn't shut up

Pace is the ingredient that defenders fear the most and Jarvis has the edge but Sako has a better shot, is better with his feet, can cross the ball better and I think he has greater mental strength. You also have to take into account Jarvis hasn't done anything for the hammers this season.

Take away Jarvo's pace and you would have Stephen Hunt.