Home | MM Facebook | Live League Tables | Live Scores | |

Go Back   Molineux Mix - Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans Forum > Molineux Mix > Molineux Mix Archive

Molineux Mix Archive archived posts

Old 06-03-2013, 06:21
MolMix Poster of the Season Runner Up 2011-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporewolf View Post
get him back on loan
This
Old 06-03-2013, 07:04
Just doesn't shut up

He's a shadow of his former self, he's lost his pace and is no longer a good player. The stoke fans have been disappointed with him and think 2 million for him was a rip off.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:28
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zuki View Post
Christ you're boring. How about a little empathy?
Yeah tears really make a mess of the leather in his Audi R8, poor guy
Old 06-03-2013, 08:09
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinew View Post
I'd have him back in a hearbteat.

He gave so much for the club, when the likes of Johnson (who are only still here because nobody else will have them) are lauded by the fans.

such a shame
Johnson...quality doesn't fade that quickly. MOTM for many yesterday apparently.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45

My Stokie friends want rid of Kightly. They say he tries hard but lacks pace, and often drifts out of the game.
Their frustrations are further compounded by Pullis's reluctance to play Pennant instead of MK.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:49
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Arrow View Post
My Stokie friends want rid of Kightly. They say he tries hard but lacks pace, and often drifts out of the game.
Their frustrations are further compounded by Pullis's reluctance to play Pennant instead of MK.
That's what tends to happen when your a midfielder at Stoke, your lucky to get a touch...

He was never going to fit in well at Stoke. He likes to cut in and have a pop, whereas Stoke want wingers who go to the byline and put crosses in.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinew View Post
I'd have him back in a hearbteat.

He gave so much for the club, when the likes of Johnson (who are only still here because nobody else will have them) are lauded by the fans.

such a shame
Really, watch a view Stoke games, and then report back!

As regards RJ, he's a popular scapegoat when things are going tits up!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03
MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and runner up 2012-2013.

If the price was right, I would definitely have him back. Even if he has lost a yard of pace, he'd still be better than anything we currently have in that position.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedgley Gold N Black View Post
That's what tends to happen when your a midfielder at Stoke, your lucky to get a touch...

He was never going to fit in well at Stoke. He likes to cut in and have a pop, whereas Stoke want wingers who go to the byline and put crosses in.
I certainly agree with your last comment.
Of late they (Stoke) have been resorting to their tried and tested "route one" method which is causing supporter ill feeling towards Tony Pullis.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:05
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tring Wolf View Post
If the price was right, I would definitely have him back. Even if he has lost a yard of pace, he'd still be better than anything we currently have in that position.
Correct
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07
Just doesn't shut up

I'd have him back in an instant.

Can understand him leaving and I've said before him and Jarvis will find it very difficult to replicate the relationship they had with us at their new clubs.

We'll probably never really know what went on behind the scenes (if anything did) but I'd have the guy back.

My favourite Wolves player since Lescott.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:35

My take on that interview is that he was pressured into going, probably by Moxey, but is unable to say anything direct due to Wolves' love in with the confidentiality clause.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36
Mouth Almighty

He was my favourite player along with Jarvis. I was gutted when he left.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Arrow View Post
I certainly agree with your last comment.
Of late they (Stoke) have been resorting to their tried and tested "route one" method which is causing supporter ill feeling towards Tony Pullis.
I anticipate that Stoke will decline and it wouldn't surprise me to see them in trouble next season. Teams have worked them out now.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingle01902 View Post
My take on that interview is that he was pressured into going, probably by Moxey, but is unable to say anything direct due to Wolves' love in with the confidentiality clause.
Eh? I think his 'had to go but didn't want to' alluded more so to the fact it was a fantastic career move, one he probably wouldn't get again, and one he was lucky to get in the first place despite spending the best part of three years injured.

3rd minute for the average number of shots on goal we had in 90 minutes under him.
50th representing the percentage defeats to games under his masterful stewardship.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEET WOLF View Post
I anticipate that Stoke will decline and it wouldn't surprise me to see them in trouble next season. Teams have worked them out now.
You may be right, but they do have an extremely good home record (only two defeats this season), which is always a strong foundation to build on.
Coupled with another income of 60 million, plus the signing of one of the best young goalkeepers in the league, I think they'll hold their own, whether that's with Pullis or someone else (Adkins?) that's for them to debate.
Wolverhampton Wanderers once had that strong home presence, if only........
Old 06-03-2013, 09:55
Just doesn't shut up

As far as I'm concerned he can do one - some are want him back because of how badly we are doing while forgetting it was players like him leaving that have contributed to this mess.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJs Tankard View Post
The reason he doesn't fit in at Stoke is because he actually plays football. He likes the ball at his feet, he likes to run with it, he likes to take people on and he likes to whip a cross in or have a pop on goal himself. He doesn't fit in with Stoke City's Rugby Union scrappy style of play.

Not really sure where all this "we stood by him" comes from though. He got injured playing football for the club. He got injured doing his job. It's not like he went out for a night on the $$$$, booted a few bollards down and then put his leg through a shop window causing himself injury - he did it playing football. There is no loyalty in those cases - it's no different to when a $$$$ player gets a long term injury and then has his contract terminated by the club. Elokobi is likely to leave at the end of this season because his contract expires, he's been out injured long term and is no longer a first team player. Will people be bothered about us loyalty then when he leaves? No. They'll see it as a good opportunity to get rid of a squad player that is taking a wage. Loyalty works both ways.
100% agree
Old 06-03-2013, 11:50

Would take him back without a second thought.
As already said on here, he and Jarvis were the 2 still putting in in towards the end of last season.
Still unsure how much we did to try and keep him here. I remember more than once Moxey's words about contract extensions at the end of last season.
As I've said before, it amazes me how so many pick and choose what they want to believe from our Chief Exec.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwell Wolf View Post
$$$$ off Judas you're not welcome back I hope you rot at Stoke you absolute money grabbing back stabbing $$$$.
The same Kites that kept your beloved McCarthy in a job turning round the cup tie at home to non-league Cambridge when rushed back from injury?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolv3nsam View Post
I think he fitted at Wolves because he, more so than anyone, epitomised and encapsulated MM's reign. He was a talismanic figure both on and off the pitch which I can't really say we have at all at the moment - Sako is probably the closest with his occasional flashes of brilliance and habit of digging us out of a difficult patch.

Edit: Saying that though, I wouldn't have him back. He may be in his 'prime' now but I really think we saw the best of him whilst he was here.
Talismanic??? You're easily pleased. And how was the turn-coat 'talismanic' off the pitch????
Old 06-03-2013, 12:12
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingle01902 View Post
Not what I was told. He was offered a one year contract, Kightly and his agent wanted two. Considering his injury records and he was only just starting to play games again I would probably have been a little reticent about offering him another extended deal too.

Perhaps the club expected a little more loyalty from him after supporting him during a protracted injury period, Kightly perhaps wanted to make up for lost time. Either way, I dont feel any particular hard feelings towards him and if he was back at Wolves onm the right wing, would anyone seriously be complaining? Perhaps its no coincidence that Foley looks less of a player since his departure.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:20
Just doesn't shut up

Not for me. Actions speak louder than words, enjoy warming the bench at Stoke kightly, you judas $$$$, and every time you run remember who it was that nursed your knee on the sidelines for years
Old 06-03-2013, 12:34
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by voWels View Post
100% agree
and me
Old 06-03-2013, 12:38

I think the thing that sticks out to me about Kightly was the fact he was telling everyone at end of season dinner he was staying and felt he 'owed' Wolves. For him to then days later sign for Stoke was a bit sickening.

I can understand why he went as It must of been hard to turn down a move to Premiership team (Even Stoke). I think like everyone It was element of surprise Kightly was last person I expected to jump ship.

As for having him back, I dunno I'm still very much undecided.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:51
Just doesn't shut up

I think a lot of people are betraying one of our big problems of late - sentimentality. Michael Kightly is the past - there will always be new talismans and heroes to take their place.

People talk of double standards saying we'll be happy to offload Elokobi, but it was us who decided to make Kightly that talisman - we gave him the immense satisfaction and gratification that comes with being a talisman - we made him feel loved. We chose him and not Elokobi or Berra - they never received the same kind of boost to the ego we gave to Kites.

Elokobi is like the bird who didn't make your pulse race in the same kind of way; she wasn't that pretty and you took her a bit for granted; you went out with the mates too much and you're not that bothered when she moves on. But Kites is the one you gave everything for and who ran off with your best mate after you lost your job! Or something like that.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:55
Northampton Wanderer

Talking from experience I take it? Should that be unluckyJIM
Old 06-03-2013, 12:57
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northampton Wanderer View Post
Talking from experience I take it? Should that be unluckyJIM
Yep, I'm just a bounder like Kites....
Old 06-03-2013, 13:54
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikic View Post
Not for me. Actions speak louder than words, enjoy warming the bench at Stoke kightly, you judas $$$$, and every time you run remember who it was that nursed your knee on the sidelines for years
The question is if he had been at any other club would he have been out for that length of time ? Can't you remember when he kept having injections in his ankle ( think it was 07/08 and after about 6 months of being in and out they decided to scan him and realised he had chipped bone in his foot !! Same time as craddock had a continuous problem with his back and they eventually found one leg shorter than the other !! Our medical side has always been $$$$ !! I would expect even a conference side to give someone an x ray before keep injecting them !!
Old 06-03-2013, 14:14
Just doesn't shut up

Michael Kightly

Maybe it we spent more time making kightly an essential figure rather than mess around cutting corners on contract negotiations he would still be with us

We had to sell as his contract was up I don't like how fans attack kightly yet if Jarvis and fletcher turned up you would applaud? Why? They both turned ship and run just kightly is more open about it

I hold no disregard to him the only time a player truly soured me was camara but even that has more to do with agents whispering than the player himself who probably isn't bothered as long as he's paid handsomely