Home | MM Facebook | Live League Tables | Live Scores | |

Go Back   Molineux Mix - Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans Forum > Molineux Mix > Molineux Mix Archive

Molineux Mix Archive archived posts

Old 05-03-2013, 21:38
Just doesn't shut up

A mix of ingredients cost SS his job and he was so stubborn that he didn't address it properly. However, I fear we will miss out on certain players that DS will never bring here. Would DS recruit the likes of Sako?... No
Old 05-03-2013, 21:51
Mouth Almighty

As long as he's got the Eye of the Tiger, I don't care who it is.
Old 05-03-2013, 22:01
MolMix Poster of the Season Runner Up 2011-2012

As long as he knows where the back of the net is and can deliver..........that will do Pig, that will do
Old 05-03-2013, 22:03
Mouth Almighty

I remember when he ripped Mancienne and Stearman a new one.

3rd minute for the average number of shots on goal we had in 90 minutes under him.
50th representing the percentage defeats to games under his masterful stewardship.
Old 05-03-2013, 22:05
MolMix Poster of the Season Runner Up 2011-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolv3nsam View Post
I remember when he ripped Mancienne and Stearman a new one.
They were ripped a new one every week ....who is the new striker
Old 05-03-2013, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSWolf View Post
I think Jerome would be a very good signing in our position.
I don't think he's a great striker tbh after seeing him play for Small Heath v us a few times, Hennessey and Mancienne combined to gift him a goal i seem to remember, but he could do quite a lot of damage in the championship.
Plus, I can't any youtube videos on the lad, so he must be $$$$ .
Old 05-03-2013, 22:09

Just hope he's kissed and made up with Ikeme

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...lub-fight.html

"They have great Suport, it is a terrific stadium. They are a great club, the Premier League needs Wolves" Sir Alex Ferguson 18/03/2012
Old 05-03-2013, 22:11
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneyed View Post
Future signings will be much more one dimensional imv. Saunders will have very little knowledge of the Continental market and our scouting team as usual is poorly represented abroad. The new chief scout may improve things but Saunders will want to stay close to home on signings imv competing for all the more obvious UK players and probably losing out to bigger better paying rivals. McCarthy Mark 2. Say what you like about Stale but I reckon he would have come up with some good signings in January. Only snag for the two Ms - they might have cost money.
The is a myth. Doumbia is turd, Margreitter...who knows?, Boukari..good game against a $$$$ Ipswich, then not seen due to injury, Sig...mediocre until last two games, Peszco....looked ok..can't finish though, Sako good player but goes missing. These players cost millions...Saunders hasn't been able to buy one player and is getting slagged...he hasn't had the chance or budget to buy any players approaching the value that SS did. The sad thing is, he will be shackled by Jez in a way that SS never was.

Not saying he is the right man for Wolves but its unfair to slag him on what you think he will or won't do in the transfer market. I would remind you that our best success came with budget buys from the Uk and a team assembled on a shoestring, not million pound fancy dans from Brazil.
Old 05-03-2013, 22:12
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urko View Post
Just hope he's kissed and made up with Ikeme

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...lub-fight.html
I hope so for Jerome's sake!
Old 05-03-2013, 22:42
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rankines Lovechild View Post
The is a myth. Doumbia is turd, Margreitter...who knows?, Boukari..good game against a $$$$ Ipswich, then not seen due to injury, Sig...mediocre until last two games, Peszco....looked ok..can't finish though, Sako good player but goes missing. These players cost millions...Saunders hasn't been able to buy one player and is getting slagged...he hasn't had the chance or budget to buy any players approaching the value that SS did. The sad thing is, he will be shackled by Jez in a way that SS never was.

Not saying he is the right man for Wolves but its unfair to slag him on what you think he will or won't do in the transfer market. I would remind you that our best success came with budget buys from the Uk and a team assembled on a shoestring, not million pound fancy dans from Brazil.
Can't agree with your assessment of Stale's signings. Injuries and mediocre teammates and a club in crisis have hardly helped them. Without Sako alone we would be already relegated. Sigurardson is going to be a very good player. Doumbia has real potential.

Happy to give Saunders a chance to see what he can come up with in the transfer market but for what it is worth my instincts are, as I stated, that he will play safe and stay close to home and that the kind of range of experience of the Continental market which Stale had is a sad loss to the club even if he didn't do the business in other areas over his six months.

Wolves have failed with all sorts of signings right across the board, UK and abroad. Big signings like Fletcher were a success and made a massive profit while even Doyle for a couple of seasons looked like a worldbeater. Foreign signings don't need to be expensive, quite the opposite. Ludovic Pollet cost 200k for instance. In the UK market we will always be competing for the crumbs and be outbid and outmanoeuvred by bigger and smarter rivals when it comes to snapping up the few real talents that emerge.

Last edited by goldeneyed; 05-03-2013 at 22:43..
Old 05-03-2013, 23:33
Just doesn't shut up

Sigurardson will be this Sigurardson will be that, he's not a $$$$ing child he's in his twenties cost £2.5m & I expect him to show it. The same goes for Doumbia, he's completely bottleless waste of space who has a complete lack of fight & passion. Can you imagine him playing against Roy Keane or Paul Ince.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:00
Just doesn't shut up

If rather hero Jerome over Mackie although both would improve our options. Jerome is as quick as anyone, works hard but is not a lethal in front if goal but could link up well with SEB or Siggy. Mackie works hard, is not as quick as CJ but is more of a target man.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:57
Outstanding infraction warning to post ratio.

By Friday?

Isnt this rumour a week old, striker supposed to be unveiled before the Watford game?

@Bolbatross
Old 06-03-2013, 08:34
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rankines Lovechild View Post

I go along with a lot of this. Doumbia has proved to be a poor signing-Boukari, we don't know yet really. I think Sig is a decent player, but he hasn't really lived up to the hype and fee. Sako is an excellent player at this level, he really is and we will lose him in the summer, even if we stay up. Pizza Boy-all I can say is that he cannot be that good-SS didn't pick him (although he did suffer injury problems) and neither has DS-my impression is that he is perhaps the sort of player that is not really suited for a relegation battle, but I don't really know, it is just a feeling. As with all managers' signings, SS's were therefore hit and miss!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:38

I remember the club stating that Margreitter was on for the future and wouldnt be stright into the first team.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingle01902 View Post
I remember the club stating that Margreitter was on for the future and wouldnt be stright into the first team.
Yes, but isn't he about 24, or something like that? If he was 19, I would understand it!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEET WOLF View Post
Yes, but isn't he about 24, or something like that? If he was 19, I would understand it!
Blimey you're right. 25 in November so at his peak really.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:18
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf View Post
Sigurardson will be this Sigurardson will be that, he's not a $$$$ing child he's in his twenties cost £2.5m & I expect him to show it. The same goes for Doumbia, he's completely bottleless waste of space who has a complete lack of fight & passion. Can you imagine him playing against Roy Keane or Paul Ince.
Sigurdarson has been showing it for the last 4 or 5 games to be fair!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgnorthwolf View Post
Ståle wanted Alfred Finnbogason who has taken the Eredivisie by storm and is lined up for a big money PL move in the summer.

We could have had him for £1.5m

#justsaying
Nope, We inquired in November and was quoted an astronomical fee plus (Believe It was 6 or 7M Euro) Heerenveen refused to do any business in January for him unless the fee was matched.

I believe even the E&S reported this, It was us and Villa who were interested.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:03
Mouth Almighty

I thought Jerome was rumoured to be joining a couple of weeks back but turned the move down?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:31
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex Wolf View Post
I thought Jerome was rumoured to be joining a couple of weeks back but turned the move down?
Jez has offerred him free pies and Morgan is providing him with a free house-that should swing the deal.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:18
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEET WOLF View Post
Jez has offerred him free pies and Morgan is providing him with a free house-that should swing the deal.
And by the time Jez has walked down the corridor to the office where the deal is taking place he'll be offering the house deal only
Old 07-03-2013, 11:00
Just doesn't shut up

Why would it be Friday by the way and not today? What relevance does Friday have? If he's available he's available simple as that
Old 07-03-2013, 11:04
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Why would it be Friday by the way and not today? What relevance does Friday have? If he's available he's available simple as that
True and when deadlines are mentioned then when they are reached and nothing happens it's a further knock to the supporters.

As I've mentioned on another thread DS is saying he wants to make 3 more loan signings yet after Gorkss and Robinson said he was after another one. Seems finding that extra one has been hard to deal with so finding another 3????
Old 07-03-2013, 11:18
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
True and when deadlines are mentioned then when they are reached and nothing happens it's a further knock to the supporters.

As I've mentioned on another thread DS is saying he wants to make 3 more loan signings yet after Gorkss and Robinson said he was after another one. Seems finding that extra one has been hard to deal with so finding another 3????
Seems Rooney has fallen out with Fergie.............worth a shout?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:20
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgold Wolfcub View Post
Seems Rooney has fallen out with Fergie.............worth a shout?
Would show some ambition

Anyway when I win the euro lottery and as per my money no object thread his sort of signing will be the norm, not the exception
Old 07-03-2013, 12:20
MolMix Poster of the Season 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingle01902 View Post
Blimey you're right. 25 in November so at his peak really.
I'm sure you know that defenders peak from 28-32?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:25
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick1011 View Post
I'm sure you know that defenders peak from 28-32?
Our defenders peak between 28 and 32 minutes each game

but I'm older than Dr Who !!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:30
MolMix's Manchester United Cheerleader-in-Chief

Quote:
Would show some ambition

Anyway when I win the euro lottery and as per my money no object thread his sort of signing will be the norm, not the exception
Rumoured to be on £300,000 per week (including add-ons), even Man City have said they could not now afford him.

Guess that just leaves us in the running for the little ****
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by reanswolf View Post
Rumoured to be on £300,000 per week (including add-ons), even Man City have said they could not now afford him.

Guess that just leaves us in the running for the little ****
Seems so but whats £300,000 per week when I'm making that much a day on interest in just one of my many accounts