Home | MM Facebook | Live League Tables | Live Scores | |

Go Back   Molineux Mix - Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans Forum > Molineux Mix > Molineux Mix Archive

Molineux Mix Archive archived posts

Old 06-03-2013, 07:26
MolMix Poster of the Season 2012-2013

Next season expectations

Let's say that Dean Saunders does keep Wolves in the Championship.
I really don't like the guy, and I don't think he's the right man for our beloved club, but if he keeps us up, then I think he deserves a fair chance.
Plus, I don't think Morgan would be smart enough to hire someone else during the summer, so I'm just going to assume that we'll be hearing the 'we should have won' statements all of next season.

What would your expectations be for next season?
Would said expectations be lower due to this horrible season?
Would you give Saunders a clean slate?
Do you expect a freshening-up of the squad?
What if the 'dross' isn't moved on?

Discuss.

Last edited by Erick1011; 06-03-2013 at 07:38..
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35
MolMix Poster of the Season Runner Up 2011-2012

Automatic Promotion
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35
Has alot to say

He's not the man for the job unfortunately. If we stay up by the skin of our teeth it will be a similar scenario to Mick in the Prem . I fear for next season with him in charge.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45
Mouth Almighty

We beat the only team below us in the form table before yesterday's game. Unless there's a dramatic turn around in the last 10 games then he should go.

What would your expectations be for next season?
Depending on the league. Automatic (league one)/ 5-10th ie. around the playoffs(championship)
Would said expectations be lower due to this horrible season?
Yes.
Would you give Saunders a clean slate?
I'd like him to be replaced but if we stay up that's unlikely. He can't afford a bad start next season if he's still here that's for sure
Do you expect a freshening-up of the squad?
yes, mass changes. In either league.
What if the 'dross' isn't moved on?
i'll be disappointed.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:55
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Umbro View Post
He's not the man for the job unfortunately. If we stay up by the skin of our teeth it will be a similar scenario to Mick in the Prem . I fear for next season with him in charge.
I think that that is a bit harsh on DS to be fair! This is by no means "Dean's team" as the side that barely kept us up in the Prem was unequivocally Mick's. So I think irrespective of how confident we feel about his appointment if he manages to keep us up then he will have more than earned the chance to stamp his own mark next season.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Umbro View Post
Can't help but agree with that. Saunders has done nothing to show me he is a capable manager.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16
Just doesn't shut up

Despite our win last night I am still very much afraid we might still be relegated.

Quite frankly if Deano can lead the team to safety then I would not be against him being given the chance to start off next seasons campaign.

I still have big doubts about his managerial ability but should he help keep us up then the time to get rid of him would be if we had an unacceptable first 10 games next season.

Out of darkness cometh.....back-to-back Promotions!!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:18
Just doesn't shut up

IF we stay up, Saunders has promised a team capable of challenging for promotion.

I will judge him on this.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:27
Mouth Almighty

If we stay up, whether we keep Saunders, or not, depends on how we do in the remaining games and how we start the season (quite probably with a different team). It is a difficult one-if we survive and perhaps finish the season quite strongly, he would have to stay. If we are relegated, I would get shot. If we stay up, just, with performances only barely improving, then it is 50/50.

If he starts next season, with a quite different team (very likely), he will have to be given some time, but, if by say December, we are struggling again, then probably he would have to go. Lots of ifs there-I know, if my Aunt has $$$$$$$$, she would be my uncle, etc etc!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43
Just doesn't shut up

I'm sorry to say even if we stay up Suanders is not the man for me. So a new manager and play offs minimum for me.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03
Just doesn't shut up

I'd get rid of Saunders regardless of this season's outcome. If we stay up and Saunders remains I cannot see better than mid-table. If we stay up and change managers (and get it right this time e.g Adkins or even Allardyce if West Ham don't renew his contract) I would see play offs at least. If we go down I am not that optistic either as there would need to be wholesale changes with a lot of new lower paid players who, even if they are good enough, would take time to gel. Therefore play offs at best.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:16
Just doesn't shut up

automatic promotion and paint cup winners
Old 06-03-2013, 09:16
Just doesn't shut up

Next season expectations

Competing for top 6.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20
beefy395

Re: Next season expectations

The problem is who the $$$$ would want the dross that aren't out of contract Ipswich won't sign them all
Old 06-03-2013, 09:55
Just doesn't shut up

In some ways i don't think it is fair to comment at the moment as there are too many variables. If we stay up, if we keep Dean, If certain players go etc etc, but to save sitting on the fence..

We stay up. Quite a few contracts aren't renewed, kids are moved on Sako, Siggurdarson and O Hara move on. Depending on who we are left with and who we get in, I would still not expect a season like this one and expect us to be 4th to 10th... All big ifs at this stage
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04
Mouth Almighty

If Wolves retain their championship status and with DS saying he already has targets lined up I would hope to see Wolves pushing for a PO position at least.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:05
Just doesn't shut up

As much as I really dont think he is a very good manager he has made changes in the back 4 which is what we all wanted so at least he is seeing the long term issues that we could see.

I think Morgan will keep him regardless of what division we are in as he wont want to admit to another balls up.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:12

No wolves fan will be satisfied until we get back to the prem .Do I expect us to do that next season -no , I assume we will have a massive clear out and after this year all I expect is we have a competitive team .
Old 06-03-2013, 10:24
Northampton Wanderer

Same as this season play offs at best. There is a lot of work to do if we stay up
Old 06-03-2013, 10:26
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northampton Wanderer View Post
Same as this season play offs at best. There is a lot of work to do if we stay up
Too true but at least NW the proplems have been well and truly identified and DS has already started to sort the wafty defence.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:00
Mouth Almighty

Champions of whatever league we are in. Aim high, don't accept mediocrity.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:02
Mouth Almighty

The problem I can see next season is the crowds. With Saunders in charge (regardless of division) I feel a lot of people will desert this close season. Last nights result was very welcome but I'm not counting any chickens yet.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:23
Has alot to say

If Saunders keeps us up then I guess he's going to be in charge of the first team next season. I can't see a promotion push being at all realistic after the season we're having (unless it's promotion to the Championship ), so I would imagine that it would be a season of rebuilding the squad and getting them playing however Saunders wants them to. I'd sooner see us pushing for automatic promotion, but as things are at the moment, I'd settle for seeing some sort of progression, in terms of team and tactics, and a top half finish.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36
Just doesn't shut up

A lot is going to depend on how much we spend in the summer, the kind of players we can attract etc, but the fans will be keeping Morgan in sharp focus for any signs of complacency.

What we will not tolerate is a Derby County style perennial mid-table finish. As long as we are financially robust, we should be competing for the top 6 minimum.
I still have my reservations about Deano though I'm quite confident we'll survive.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:14
Just doesn't shut up

A team full of grafters with all the talent like Siggy and Sako sold.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:25
Groupie

I think no matter what league we are in we will reach playoffs at best. Reason being that wholesale changes are expected to the playing staff either way and they will need to time to gel. If they do gel well I would expect a strong close to the season and a comfortable play off positioning as top teams would be too far adrift of us I expect.

Problem is, will the manager be given time to let his signings play together and gel? This season tells us no!

Given the re-build Saunders did at Doncaster and their performance this season, maybe this is what JM and SM had in mind when appointing him?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:28
Just doesn't shut up

Definitely not happy if we're not in, or around, the playoffs. We should be capable of performing well in League 1.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:52
Just doesn't shut up

One win and the tone on here changes to believe we are already safe......fickle much?
Old 06-03-2013, 13:04
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazmanwolf View Post
One win and the tone on here changes to believe we are already safe......fickle much?
That's not fickle... it's just daft blind optimism... But I'm certainly thinking that way now .
Old 06-03-2013, 13:19
Just doesn't shut up

Next season expectations

If we go down promotion

If we magical stay up well mid table at best starve off relegation and then work from their we are definitely light years away from premiership football now