Home | MM Facebook | Live League Tables | Live Scores | |

Go Back   Molineux Mix - Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans Forum > Molineux Mix > Molineux Mix Archive

Molineux Mix Archive archived posts

Old 13-04-2012, 20:40
Mouth Almighty

This $$$$ Moxley can $$$$ right off. $$$$ing $$$$$!
Has he seen Dave Edwards play?

Last edited by JOSWolf; 13-04-2012 at 20:42..
Old 13-04-2012, 20:52
Just doesn't shut up

Moxeys fault all of this and Morgans to be honest.

No one elses and they cant blame the fans for there anger.
Old 13-04-2012, 20:54

I think he is right.

A lot of our fans think we are a bigger club than we are and the reaction to failure has been over the top.

I am as disappointed as anyone that we are going down, but we are bad losers and the way that fans abuse the club continuously is counter productive and does not auger well for the future.

We need to grow up and be take relegation in our stride, learn from our mistakes and come back stronger.
Old 13-04-2012, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedgley Gold N Black View Post
What a load of rubbish, I think it was perfectly clear to everyone except this idiot the reaction was to Edwards staying on te pitch ahead of one of our few bright sparks over the last month or so.

He fails to realise that the boards of the clubs mentioned didn't replace the manager with his assistant who's never managed before!

And as someone else has pointed out it wasn't the fans who created these high expectations, it was the board and the manager.

It's doesn't take alot of investigative journalism to find out the points above many of which answer/counter argue his article.
The decision to take davis off was the right one in the circumstances, It was what I expected once were down to 10 men and the logical one.
Old 13-04-2012, 21:30
Gamblingwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_wolf View Post
I think he is right.

A lot of our fans think we are a bigger club than we are and the reaction to failure has been over the top.

I am as disappointed as anyone that we are going down, but we are bad losers and the way that fans abuse the club continuously is counter productive and does not auger well for the future.

We need to grow up and be take relegation in our stride, learn from our mistakes and come back stronger.
Don't agree with this at all.
M&M have made one awful decision after another over the last year and that coupled with the money wasted by McCarthy has put us in a position that we shouldn't be in as opposed to one we feel we are too big a club to be in.
I have no problem with coping with relegation,it's the manner of it that $$$$es me off and anyone that is confident that our supposed leaders will get it right in the summer and we will bounce straight back have a lot more faith than me.
As much as I dream of competing with the best teams in the country in reality I would be happy just watching a decent entertaining game with us at least playing some attractive football and it's the lack of that rather than any spoilt kid attitude that makes me angry and will limit my attendances next season if nothing is sorted pretty sharpish and not the fact that we will be playing in the championship

Last edited by Gamblingwolf; 13-04-2012 at 21:32..
Old 13-04-2012, 22:01
Just doesn't shut up

Is David Davis a more talented footballer than David Edwards? Yes

Will David Davis have a more exciting future than David Edwards? Yes

Was Connor right to keep Edwards on and take Davis off? Yes
Old 13-04-2012, 22:01
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutchy View Post
Connor said that Davis has struggled to last 90 mins, and had he stayed on was likely to be another substitution that had to happen eventually anyway. Reasonable enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_wolf View Post
The decision to take davis off was the right one in the circumstances, It was what I expected once were down to 10 men and the logical one.
This is what I wrote in reply :

Neil, I agree with your sentiments about Henry, the booing was a disgrace but we are talking about Wednesday. Bassong (wrongly in my opinion) got sent off. Yes it was a penalty but no way a sending off. You say what should Connor have done, leave Stearman as a lone centre half, if you had been to the game or indeed done any research you would have seen that Zubar, who had been bought as a centre half had already moved into the middle and Karl Henry had moved to go to right back. Yes the game hadn't kicked off but the team were ready. Why did we need to change? Are you saying that Davis is only good enough if Bassong is on the pitch. Arsenal were going to come at us hard, the goal 2 minutes later came through where Davis would have been, the lad has got talent, and would have made tackles would he have lasted the 90 mintes, probably not but no change was needed at that point to further disrupt the team. If we were playing 2 up front then yes take off a striker but we weren't!
Old 13-04-2012, 22:02
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEAwolf View Post
He makes a valid point.

We're down to 10 men. We need another defender - we have one striker.

Who do you take off:

a) A DM and captain
b) An experienced international midfielder with high energy levels
c) Another DM who has played less than a handful of PL games, has hardly set the world alight and was recalled from Chesterfield.

But of course, the fans do know best...
Spot on mate! I could not beleive what I was hearing, any one with any brains could see he had no other option.

I actually agree with the article, yes it's been a poor season but Mick carries a lot of blame because of the money he has wasted. But wanting to fight our own players, abusing our owner over a few houses that are part bigger plan for the club, and now moronic booing Terry when he had no choice puts the tin hat on it for me. I don't know what it is our supporters are capable of such extremes. We have seen the great away followings, defiance and loyalty through the hard times, and great humor. But lately the morons appear to be setting the agenda and riding a band waggon without really thing about what the are saying and doing.

First Match - Wolves 3 - Stoke 0 March 1980
Old 13-04-2012, 22:06
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich_Wolf View Post
Come on, it's one thing pointing out the substitution, fair enough. But to go on and state that he can't understand why M&M are taking flak, then he obviously hasn't got a clue. Then again to point out that we're being impatient with Connor is another straw man argument, the bloke has been at the club for 13 years and has coached this team for 6 or 7.

A new manager will get plenty of time and patience from the fans, likewise if a proper apoointment had been made for our last 13 games I think we'd have been more patient because at least there would have been a clean slate. There's no excuse for Connor being so $$$$, likewise there's no excuse for M&M appointing him.
Yeah. That's a fair point.

Actually, I seem to recall that he wrote we hadn't given him time because he was black.

Screw him.
Old 13-04-2012, 22:20
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoganstolemywife View Post
Yeah. That's a fair point.

Actually, I seem to recall that he wrote we hadn't given him time because he was black.

Screw him.
That was another journalist to be fair. I think they're all as bad as each other. I can't name one that I'd go out of my way to read what they've got to say.

Old 13-04-2012, 22:20
Just doesn't shut up

The point we're all missing here is that Connor, in some part, has had a hand in shaping the defence and how they play together.

We played into Arsenal's hands in the first nine minutes and the game was over. Everyone knows you get in Walcott's face and keep tight to him, he has a few bad touches and he's out the game.

We give him the freedom of Wolverhampton thanks to Ward's perpetual backing off and pay the price. Plus he also persists with the carthorse that is Stearman. So to be fair...

'Connor doesn't know what he's doing' and 'that is why we're going down' - both factual statements.
Old 14-04-2012, 08:39
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAILY MAIL
But I don't for the life of me understand why owner Steve Morgan and chief executive Jez Moxey are bearing the brunt now.

If 'for the life of him' he doesn't understand, maybe he shouldn't comment?

Like Murphy, the 5live McCarthy sycophant, he's probably more interested in keeeping good relations with the men with the power at the club and in football in general rather than looking at it objectively. I'd imagine his book of contacts are very important to him.

I'd rather read the views of people like Jimmy Greaves, Geoff Boycott and Geoff Hurst. They are big enough names not to worry about blowing smoke up peoples arses.

Old 14-04-2012, 11:10
Just doesn't shut up

Yes, as Wolves fans we should just accept our bottom of the prem/slumming it in the championship life, just as manchester utd should be guaranteed the premier league title for eternity. The fact is Steve Morgan has built up the fans expectations with his constant prattling about his ambition for Wolves. I don't recall the owners of Derby County or Leicester fuelling such anticipation when they were in the Prem. His appalling decision-making has made subsequent events all the more difficult to bear.

Look at the joy Norwich City, Swansea, Albion have brought their fans and we have to spend every season in the Prem hanging on to the coat-tails of Wigan Athletic? And we have overblown expectations of where we are in the league?
Old 14-04-2012, 11:16
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEAwolf View Post
He makes a valid point.

We're down to 10 men. We need another defender - we have one striker.

Who do you take off:

a) A DM and captain
b) An experienced international midfielder with high energy levels
c) Another DM who has played less than a handful of PL games, has hardly set the world alight and was recalled from Chesterfield.

But of course, the fans do know best...
While we're on the subject, perhaps we should do away with democracy aswell. I mean, ordinary people, what would they know about running the country? Best keep people like Cameron and Blair in charge or some other lawyer/public school type who can guide us with a safe pair of hands. More autocracy from Morgan and Moxey please....
Old 14-04-2012, 11:48
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Woody View Post
The article is fine, Connor's decision was fine. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Quite correct...the headline is accurate ...many have an inflated idea about our club. Not surprising really as reading some comments on this site, its clear they have inflated opinions of themselves.
Not everyone of course have my insight and perception on how things really are
Old 14-04-2012, 12:35
Has alot to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWAZZ View Post
This is what I wrote in reply :

Neil, I agree with your sentiments about Henry, the booing was a disgrace but we are talking about Wednesday. Bassong (wrongly in my opinion) got sent off. Yes it was a penalty but no way a sending off. You say what should Connor have done, leave Stearman as a lone centre half, if you had been to the game or indeed done any research you would have seen that Zubar, who had been bought as a centre half had already moved into the middle and Karl Henry had moved to go to right back. Yes the game hadn't kicked off but the team were ready. Why did we need to change? Are you saying that Davis is only good enough if Bassong is on the pitch. Arsenal were going to come at us hard, the goal 2 minutes later came through where Davis would have been, the lad has got talent, and would have made tackles would he have lasted the 90 mintes, probably not but no change was needed at that point to further disrupt the team. If we were playing 2 up front then yes take off a striker but we weren't!
Without wishing to dredge up an old argument no-one I knew was booing Henry. more a commentary on the tactics/ personnel on the day.

sadly it has been reported as "fans boo Karl' ad finitum until it has become the commonly perceived reality.