Home | MM Facebook | Live League Tables | Live Scores | |

Go Back   Molineux Mix - Wolves Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans Forum > Molineux Mix > Molineux Mix Archive

Molineux Mix Archive archived posts

Old 09-12-2011, 14:58
Just doesn't shut up

Keogh will never make the premiership grade. He is a very good championship player, but that is his standard.
Old 09-12-2011, 14:58
Has alot to say

Keogh won't be coming back.
Old 09-12-2011, 15:01
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
Maybe with the January window fast approaching we should be looking at bringing back Andy Keogh from Leeds. He seems to be playing better and would offer us pace and movement we currently lack up front. He has scored 2 goals and in the games i saw him, as many as Doyler has this season, and he managed to have shots on target in consecutive games. This proves he is back to his attacking best when he was pulling defenders all over the place with his movement. I think he would offer us much more as Fletchers partner than Doyler currently does. He has got his confidence back and looks a good player once again.
It probably did him the world of good to get away from Molineux with the criticism he was getting. Keogh is simply not a 'Wolves' player, Henry and especially Ward have silenced the majority of their critics this season and I just don't think Keogh is capable of doing the same. That's not me having a go at our fans, by the way, I just don't think Keogh can ever carve out a successful future here or hit back at his critics by scoring goals or playing well. Doyle is a similar player to Keogh and easily ten times better, if anything we should be looking for a striker with a bit of raw pace.

Two goals this season dictates he is very much a Championship player, if Leeds want to sign him then we should get rid.

3rd minute for the average number of shots on goal we had in 90 minutes under him.
50th representing the percentage defeats to games under his masterful stewardship.

Last edited by Wolv3nsam; 09-12-2011 at 15:02..
Old 09-12-2011, 16:17
Mouth Almighty

Why oh why do we continue on here to sing the praises of such average players? If we as a team are to move on we need to be increasing the quality throughout the squad. if we stay up we certainly need to be moving on AK, Elokobi, Vokes and possibly Kightly and SEB?
Old 09-12-2011, 21:05
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolv3nsam View Post
It probably did him the world of good to get away from Molineux with the criticism he was getting. Keogh is simply not a 'Wolves' player, Henry and especially Ward have silenced the majority of their critics this season and I just don't think Keogh is capable of doing the same. That's not me having a go at our fans, by the way, I just don't think Keogh can ever carve out a successful future here or hit back at his critics by scoring goals or playing well. Doyle is a similar player to Keogh and easily ten times better, if anything we should be looking for a striker with a bit of raw pace.

Two goals this season dictates he is very much a Championship player, if Leeds want to sign him then we should get rid.
Keogh is almost very rapid so he might be able to offer us the pace we need with a bit of training in that area. He has also had a hand in passing the ball to a leeds player who then put in a cross that almost led to a goal so you can see he has creativity in his game. If we do sell him 4 million plus would be his going rate if Carroll went for 35 million.

We have made one grave mistake already selling The Hoff ( whos goals we are missing badly ), not sure Mick would survive as manager personally if he does the same with Keogh. Those 2 goals Keogh scored this season would probably have come in the Newcastle or Liverpool games, meaning he would have won us an extra 6 points. That would be worth bringing him back just for that reason.

Last edited by Mugwump; 09-12-2011 at 21:08..
Old 09-12-2011, 21:11
Groupie

We have made one grave mistake already selling The Hoff ( whos goals we are missing badly ), not sure Mick would survive as manager personally if he does the same with Keogh. Those 2 goals Keogh scored this season would probably have come in the Newcastle or Liverpool games, meaning he would have won us an extra 6 points. That would be worth bringing him back just for that reason.[/QUOTE]

Is this a genuine post? 4m for keogh? I doubt we'll get 4 snack size twixes!
So- we are assuming he scores a couple? Even worst you believe its amazing that he passed a simple ball?
Seriously??????
Old 09-12-2011, 21:28
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Those 2 goals Keogh scored this season would probably have come in the Newcastle or Liverpool games, meaning he would have won us an extra 6 points. That would be worth bringing him back just for that reason.
You've got your maths wrong. If he scored his two goals in both them games he would have gained us 2 points, if he had scored in one he would have gained us 3 points.
Old 09-12-2011, 21:37
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
Keogh is almost very rapid so he might be able to offer us the pace we need with a bit of training in that area. He has also had a hand in passing the ball to a leeds player who then put in a cross that almost led to a goal so you can see he has creativity in his game. If we do sell him 4 million plus would be his going rate if Carroll went for 35 million.

We have made one grave mistake already selling The Hoff ( whos goals we are missing badly ), not sure Mick would survive as manager personally if he does the same with Keogh. Those 2 goals Keogh scored this season would probably have come in the Newcastle or Liverpool games, meaning he would have won us an extra 6 points. That would be worth bringing him back just for that reason.
Can't you go and find some koala's to bother?
Old 09-12-2011, 21:55
Mouth Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
You've got your maths wrong. If he scored his two goals in both them games he would have gained us 2 points, if he had scored in one he would have gained us 3 points.
Yep, you are correct. That would put us on 16 points, only 10 points away from a European spot.
Old 09-12-2011, 22:46

I think we could possibly win the league with Vokes and Keogh leading the frontline
Old 10-12-2011, 09:39
Has alot to say

listen keogh is not pacy at all.he is known more for his skill and movement,but in the championship.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:49
Mouth Almighty

I never said he was pacy, i said he is almost very rapid so with some training in that area he could get faster.
Old 10-12-2011, 20:59
Mouth Almighty

After todays performance, surely Keogh must be a better option than KD. Keogh started for leeds and probably made a couple of good runs with the ball. Bring him back Mick!
Old 10-12-2011, 21:00
Mouth Almighty

And yet the guy who replaced him earned the penalty that Leeds got the equaliser from
Old 10-12-2011, 21:04
Has alot to say

Mod Police - Put this $$$$$ing thread to bed - Keogh isn't in the same league as Doyle (no Pun intended) We don't want or need Keogh period.
Old 10-12-2011, 21:07
Just doesn't shut up

With my 20/20 hindsight we should have sold ebanks-blake to leicester for about 3 million and bought shane long. Fletcher and Long would have been some partnership.
Old 10-12-2011, 21:13
Just doesn't shut up

2 faced $$$$$$$s the lot of ya , all the hate keogh threads in the past yet theres people on here saying they now rate him , keogh left the pitch in tears one game but some of you chant for the likes of elokobi , if i was him id NEVER want to play for wolves again
Old 10-12-2011, 22:28
Mouth Almighty

I cant believe this thread is still going I'm gonna need a bigger keep net!
Old 10-12-2011, 23:06
Just doesn't shut up

Quote:
I cant believe this thread is still going I'm gonna need a bigger keep net!
Now you're just Keoghboating.