PDA

View Full Version : Half time

sedgwolf1980
12-02-2012, 14:45
Forget the score line. To get in at HT absolutely out of jail at 1-1 after being dicked over with a formation that was akin to a Sunday league side, to not change anything tells you all you need to know about mccarthys managerial ability. Truly unbelievable.

If Roy could of lined out side up, that is the tactics he would have chosen. That just about sums it all up. Joke.

Akaman
12-02-2012, 14:47
How McCarthy could've been satisfied enough to make no changes at half time beggars belief. We were awful and not a thing changed.

WolvesAreBoringOnCeefax
12-02-2012, 14:49
Totally agree, laughed when we scored and said to my mate it was amazing that after that half we got a clean slate for the 2nd half, starting off level. Amazed we made no changes at H/T, even more so that we waited until 60/65 mins was it, when already losing again.

albell
12-02-2012, 14:52
We did change things at half time. The personnel may have been the same but the formation and tactics were definitely not.

Chisels_n_ommers
12-02-2012, 14:53
HE DID MAKE A CHANGE!!!!

He saw that Ward was being dragged inside first half and Jarvis was having to go with Reid and also try and cover Odemwinghe.

So Mick decided to put Jarvis "in the hole" and have Fletch and SEB slightly more withdrawn.

The rest is history.

The day the argument for Mick McCarthy as a premiership manager became indefensible I'm afraid.

Bossworld
12-02-2012, 14:54
How McCarthy could've been satisfied enough to make no changes at half time beggars belief. We were awful and not a thing changed.

Possibly the realisation that it's not basketball/American Football and if you start with all three strikers, when you take one off you've got no one to replace them with? All he could do was tweak the formation (which he did.)

StefanWolves
12-02-2012, 14:55
Forget the score line. To get in at HT absolutely out of jail at 1-1 after being dicked over with a formation that was akin to a Sunday league side, to not change anything tells you all you need to know about mccarthys managerial ability. Truly unbelievable.

If Roy could of lined out side up, that is the tactics he would have chosen. That just about sums it all up. Joke.

I said exactly the same just before half time kicked off. People in the south bank looked at me as if I were going mad.

It was so blatantly obviously we were getting done in the middle of the park, over run, out paced, out muscled, Mulumbu bossed the whole midfield and Morrisson had a right good time, and the Keef came on to add the icing on the cake. But then again, who did he have to bring off the bench? Milijas? Eggert?

If we go down it will be because our January transfer activity - or lack of it.

Akaman
12-02-2012, 15:00
Possibly the realisation that it's not basketball/American Football and if you start with all three strikers, when you take one off you've got no one to replace them with? All he could do was tweak the formation (which he did.)

Who said anything about strikers? O'Hara was clearly unfit and having a shocker in the area we were getting overrun but played the full 90. What the $$$$ does McCarthy see from the sidelines.

Stralis01
12-02-2012, 15:02
Mick has done the best he could with the support given from Morg & Mox.

QB Wolf
12-02-2012, 15:07
I said exactly the same just before half time kicked off. People in the south bank looked at me as if I were going mad.

It was so blatantly obviously we were getting done in the middle of the park, over run, out paced, out muscled, Mulumbu bossed the whole midfield and Morrisson had a right good time, and the Keef came on to add the icing on the cake. But then again, who did he have to bring off the bench? Milijas? Eggert?

If we go down it will be because our January transfer activity - or lack of it.

Millijas should have started , without a doubt, going into that game with a half fit Ohara, no first touch edwards as your middle two was a disaster waiting to happen. Not to mention the fact that SEB is not a premier league player.

Millijas instead of SEB in a 4-5-1 and we'd have won I reckon.

Bossworld
12-02-2012, 15:10
Who said anything about strikers? O'Hara was clearly unfit and having a shocker in the area we were getting overrun but played the full 90. What the $$$$ does McCarthy see from the sidelines.

Because with having three strikers on the pitch, the maximum midfield (comprised of bona-fide midfielders) we could have was 3, and that's where we were completely overrun. If he'd had taken 1 or 2 strikers off, and we'd reverted to 4-5-1, who would you have brought on to score a winner?

Akaman
12-02-2012, 15:13
Because with having three strikers on the pitch, the maximum midfield (comprised of bona-fide midfielders) we could have was 3, and that's where we were completely overrun. If he'd had taken 1 or 2 strikers off, and we'd reverted to 4-5-1, who would you have brought on to score a winner?

You have to get into the game. We weren't in it so you sacrifice your starting line up to get yourself back in it then you take it from there. And there's no rule stating only strikers can score winners.

When we did finally make a change to midfield we looked a lot brighter for 5-10 minutes then conceded that stupid third and gave up.

Bossworld
12-02-2012, 15:20
You have to get into the game. We weren't in it so you sacrifice you're starting line up to get yourself back in it then you take it from there. And there's no rule stating only strikers can score winners.

When we did finally make a change to midfield we looked a lot brighter for 5-10 minutes then conceded that stupid third and gave up.

Nope, fair point, but I know I'd rather be putting Doyle on at the end of a game than Milijas. Think his team selection was wrong from the off and led to us being over run.

Akaman
12-02-2012, 15:29
Nope, fair point, but I know I'd rather be putting Doyle on at the end of a game than Milijas. Think his team selection was wrong from the off and led to us being over run.

understand your point about having a forward available on the bench but starting with a blatantly unfit midfielder alongside 'aimless' Dave Edwards and leaving it alone so long was criminal.

singwolf_1
12-02-2012, 15:38
After last week's get-out-of-jail, I was afraid that Mick would start with the same team he ended with (more or less) against QPR. We needed to boss midfield to stop WBA playing, and trying to do it with a half-fit O'Hara (who didnt have a bad game) and Chicken Little wasn't the way to do it. Jarvis was anonymous at best.

Milijas should have started.

Akaman
12-02-2012, 16:00
Mick has done the best he could with the support given from Morg & Mox.

Yeah, forty odd million since promotion and six of our championship players started today - he's done a great job with that amount of backing.

Bull Army
12-02-2012, 16:05
Yeah, forty odd million since promotion and six of our championship players started today - he's done a great job with that amount of backing.

And having none of his best players sold from underneath him. In terms of playing staff, we've only built over the last 5, we've lost nothing of value, with the exception of Mark Davies who just wanted to go. Big difference to being sold reluctantly. MM has had enough backing, not enough, but what manager is totally happy with the budget he's given? Not one.