PDA

View Full Version : 3 from 5 to go down...Rafa to save us?

SE10 Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:27
Discuss.

Bull Army
12-02-2012, 14:29
Rafa wouldn't demean himself. Forget this season and plan for next. Who heard of Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert when they were appointed to their teams. Let's go for a young, ambitious manager and plan for the future, changing the way we play football.

goldeneyed
12-02-2012, 14:31
Truth is it is too late to change manager. If Rafa was up for it then why not? But why on earth would he want to get involved in the current mess?

Hebburn Wolves
12-02-2012, 14:31
Not Rafa just dont think his the manager to get Wolves out of this mess.

This season is a utter shambles

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:33
Why on earth would Rafa come to Wolves?

Ulver
12-02-2012, 14:33
I don't know who the answer is but it isn't too late. We're on equal points with the teams in 17th & 16th and we do have SOME good players.. But we need fresh ideas and someone who can inject some confidence and belief.

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 14:34
Id take Barry Fry at the moment over McCarthy!

freezin
12-02-2012, 14:34
Discuss.

I always find these threads that have a title then the body simply says 'Discuss' a little pompous.

Like some superior being is opening a usually outlawed subject for the plebs to partake in.

Why not tell us what you think...

UEAwolf
12-02-2012, 14:37

Discuss?

Michellis
12-02-2012, 14:50
MM will take us down, and stay with us down there.

Wolfman jack
12-02-2012, 14:51
Caretaker manager till end of season then rebuild from the grass roots up.

Ashley
12-02-2012, 14:54
Why oh why do people keep banging on about rafa!!! Why not try for Capello while we're thinking of people

dane
12-02-2012, 14:55
Not a prayer of Rafa coming, would like Curbishley but think we'd struggle to land him too

BoltonWolf
12-02-2012, 14:57
i agree..young and ambitious with an attractive brand of football

Bull Army
12-02-2012, 14:59
Why oh why do people keep banging on about rafa!!!

People think he's bed buddies with Liverpool-fan Morgan.

Taffywolf
12-02-2012, 15:00
Anyone but Mick, Morgan has left it late but not too late, He must act now and get someone in to change our fortunes.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
12-02-2012, 15:01
Chris hughton. Offer cash strapped Blues 5 million compensation and get him in. Even if we go down we still are left with a talented manager.

Sedgley Gold N Black
12-02-2012, 15:05
Chris hughton. Offer cash strapped Blues 5 million compensation and get him in. Even if we go down we still are left with a talented manager.

Agree with this, ive been defending MM even at HT today but imo a change is needed and realistically I can see us attracting any other decent manager.

freezin
12-02-2012, 15:06
Discuss?

Brilliant

Bend It Like Dennison
12-02-2012, 15:34
Try for Hughton if not we'd could do worse to get Jones back.

Purple Ronnie
12-02-2012, 15:34
We will end up with bloody Steve Bruce

big-blue-wolf
12-02-2012, 15:45
..... plan for the future, changing the way we play football.

This.

The philosophy of the WHOLE club must change. All the teams within the club right from the bottom up need to be taught to play the same way (and that's not hoof ball) and so the youth players know exactly what is expected of them when they do eventually reach the first team

We must start passing the ball correctly and, most importantly, to a player wearing the same colour shirt. Possession was lost so easily today that West Brom didn't have to work too hard to get the ball back.

It's Mixu Paatelainen
12-02-2012, 15:46
we'd could do worse to get Jones back.

Jesus wept.

singwolf_1
12-02-2012, 15:54
I'd take Curbs. Wouldnt touch Rafa with a bargepole

Tarcisio Mifsud
12-02-2012, 15:58
I think, we should make a bonus offer to Rafa, if he is able to save us from relegation.

Cushisley (ex manager of Charlton and West Ham) should not be a bad option but.

The third option would be Warnock until end of season.

wolf of sedgley
12-02-2012, 16:00

If we do that i am giving up football.

HowfenWolf
12-02-2012, 16:05
Why oh why do people keep banging on about rafa!!! Why not try for Capello while we're thinking of people

Capello is off the russian multi millionaires team - It was always his plan to leave england - John Terry just provided him the means to do it

Adrian_Monk
12-02-2012, 16:10
I'd take Alan Buckley, Will Buckley, Will Mellor or David Mellor over Dave Jones. Or Curbishley for that matter. More $$$$ football from managers who don't know how to manage.....no thanks.

We are already down now so we may as well accept we will lose the overpaid primadonnas like O'Hara, Johnson, etc. let's get Hughton, Adkins, Howe or even Chris Powell and just start planning for consolidation in the championship next season.

mexy
12-02-2012, 16:22
try and get rafa in until the end of the season with one aim, just keep us up and a nice juicy bonus if he does!

sorry forget that...that would mean morgan showing a bit of ambition and spending some cash he aint done it so far so he sure aint going to start now!!!
and with mccarthy he aint going to get any grief as hes just in dreamland that hes a manager of a premier league club, so im afraid we are stuck with him,we really have become a joke of a club.

freezin
12-02-2012, 16:45

Jesus wept.

yeah... Jesus Jones. Hes an international bright young thing

SE10 Wolf
12-02-2012, 16:50
I always find these threads that have a title then the body simply says 'Discuss' a little pompous.

Like some superior being is opening a usually outlawed subject for the plebs to partake in.

Fair point Freezin. Apologies if it came across in that way. I think MM has done wonders for the club but we're at the end of the road. I am reliably told that Rafa still resides on the Wirral, and is on good terms with SM.

This season, IMO, cannot get any worse and there is still a decent, if only sporting chance, of us staying up.

We have all seen that the players we have in the squad and those that are fit CAN play decent football and get goals and results.

The 'new manager' theory may be overblown but that group of players weren't playing for each other, the team and certainly not MM - and that was surely MM's greatest strength. A failing he seems to have acknowledged post-match.

Morgan, MM, TC and the players, as well as lady luck, have all to take some responsibility and I have nothing but admiration for MM the man, but it is time to part ways, and allow all parties the dignity and respect they deserve.

So for me it's a Tuesday 'mutual agreement in the best interests of the club' and Rafa in to try and keep us up - get a response from the squad and maybe kick on and continue the work MM started so well.

haden-wolf
12-02-2012, 16:56
budda with jesus in as his number two would struggle to save this season

Taffywolf
12-02-2012, 17:03
Realistically do we have any chance what so ever of attracting Paul Lambert?? At the end of the day money talks and I cant see him being on a big contract at Norwich, Surely we are in a position to offer him a double your money deal, plus a Redrow 5 bedroom house with a double garage just a stones throw from the training ground.

Bevan
12-02-2012, 17:05
They need to sack Mick and Connor and bring someone in until the end of the season. Whether that's Rafa, or even Jody Craddock, it doesn't matter. They need to change it now and try to inject some new ideas and confidence into the squad, otherwise we'll just drift aimlessly towards the Championship.

luckyjim
12-02-2012, 19:43
Moxey is more likely to choose Ray Graydon over Rafa.

spittlep
12-02-2012, 20:11
They should have changed at the end of last season. To late now. Let MM take the indignity of relegation.

Ponty
12-02-2012, 20:31
Realistically do we have any chance what so ever of attracting Paul Lambert?? At the end of the day money talks and I cant see him being on a big contract at Norwich, Surely we are in a position to offer him a double your money deal, plus a Redrow 5 bedroom house with a double garage just a stones throw from the training ground.

In a word "No"!

He's being discussed as a replacement for Harry at Spurs. We missed any chance of getting PL about 16 months ago.