PDA

View Full Version : Resign now mick $$$$ off

Adrian_Monk
12-02-2012, 14:13
He should be ashamed of himself, totally got it wrong yet again. For the love of God $$$$ off.

Completely outclassed once again. I've had it watching a team set out to lump it into the channels. If it takes this humiliation to finally end this then I'll $$$$ing take it.

Wolves1877
12-02-2012, 14:17
He won't go, we all know that.

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:18
Very eloquently put.

I disagree. I do not think that changing managers will change our season.

a) There is nobody better. Realistically, we could hope for Poyet maybe, or a washed up ex-manager. Mick isn't any good, but nobody else is.

b) We are a very unattractive prospect. The board refuse to put money in, we're going down and there's no transfer window.

c) We are probably beyond salvation. Without better players, I don't think we can hope to play that well. Our successes tend to be overachievements. What's the point in paying a severance package and rejigging anything just for a chaotic end of season?

GoldenHorseshoe
12-02-2012, 14:19
He has no clue, played off the park, hoof versus possession football.

With just a modicum of pride he would be walking.

Bugsy911
12-02-2012, 14:19
$$$$

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:20
He has no clue, played off the park, hoof versus possession football.

With just a modicum of pride he would be walking.

I don't think the debate is whether he is any good. The answer is a resounding 'no' from 99% of wolves fans. The question is whether replacing him now is wise.

TorontoWolves
12-02-2012, 14:21
I don't know how you can get something so wrong. Mick has got to go.

Michellis
12-02-2012, 14:22
He won't.

wolf of sedgley
4 straight home defeats. $$$$ OFF YOU USELESS $$$$$.

Rocky_Balllboa
Mick can't stay, it's over

GoldenHorseshoe
12-02-2012, 14:23
I don't think the debate is whether he is any good. The answer is a resounding 'no' from 99% of wolves fans. The question is whether replacing him now is wise.

My opinion was that he should have been gone before this season kicked off, we are now paying for gross negligence in the management of our club.

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:23
What makes anyone think that changing managers will be beneficial at this point in the season?

Skonsengwolf
12-02-2012, 14:24
He will go after this, it's impossible for him to continue.

Adrian_Monk
12-02-2012, 14:24
What makes anyone think that changing managers will be beneficial at this point in the season?

I don't care. I just can't bear another week of a manager that sets out a team to play kabbadiball.

North West Wanderer
12-02-2012, 14:25
You can't lose 5-1 to them.

Bye Mick it's been fun

greco wolf
We can still stay up , have the players

But mick needs to go. We need sOme fresh ideas

Utter $$$$$$$ today

Living at other WWFC
Though many on here seemed to like it, that silly line up got what you would have imagined.

GoldenHorseshoe
12-02-2012, 14:26

Just because it is late does not mean we should accept incompetence.

Go please!

Adrian_Monk
I had respect for Mick and what he's done for us. Don't ruin it by refusing to resign in the face of a team that quite evidently don't want to play for you any more.

I would honestly take Megson or Alan Buckley over Mick right now.

Bull Army

Who cares about this season? Do you honestly believe MM can keep us up? After THAT? Sacking him now is the first step in preparation for NEXT season, people should get that into their heads.

Paul76
12-02-2012, 14:27
Bye Bye Mick. Clear your desk and foxtrot oscar will ya.

Wolves1877
lack of fighting spirit was one of the biggest problems (other than having no clue about tactics).

Bossworld
In before Essex and dr cool start 10 threads each.

Hennessey's fault for the first two but wtf was Mick thinking putting all three strikers on at the same time? Left us with no midfield and no options, very lucky to be 1-1 at the break. Might have been a different story had we got to 2-2 but that was a disgrace caused by McCarthy.

In his defence there's no one better who'd be willing to come, and Mark Hughes has had no effect at QPR. Against McCarthy - we've just been dicked 5?-1 by our rivals and there's two weeks til the next game which we'll also lose heavily.

Now or never

Bugsy911

we need to focus on next season you stupid $$$$

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:28
My opinion was that he should have been gone before this season kicked off, we are now paying for gross negligence in the management of our club.

It's hardly gross negligence. McCarthy kept us up two consecutive seasons on a tight budget. That is a hallmark of a competent manager, and in our third season it is not unreasonable to still place survival as the utmost priority, which he appeared capable of doing. One could argue that this smacks of low levels of ambition, but with the NB being redone, the finances were never going to be there, so ambition would be ill-founded.

At this point, it is clear that McCarthy and Wolves aren't meant for each other. It was not clear at the beginning of the season, and whilst an argument can be made for it, it is not a conclusive one.

Possibly our largest concern is our ridiculously low levels of confidence. Clearly, changing managers would further obliterate that confidence. I don't dispute that Mick is no longer fit to manage us, but I sustain the argument that changing would not be beneficial.

sillytuna
12-02-2012, 14:29

It's a risk, but surely it's now a bigger risk to keep Mick.

Things have been poor almost all season, but recent matches have been an absolute disaster. We only won at QPR thanks to the sending off (and made hard work of that).

Losing 5-1, and it could easily have been more, in this match, at home - it really doesn't get worse than that.

There are no positives because it is still the same errors, tactical and otherwise.

Ulver
12-02-2012, 14:29

Hennessey's fault for the first two but wtf was Mick thinking putting all three strikers on at the same time? Left us with no midfield and no options, very lucky to be 1-1 at the break. Might have been a different story had we got to 2-2 but that was a disgrace caused by McCarthy.

In his defence there's no one better who'd be willing to come, and Mark Hughes has had no effect at QPR. Against McCarthy - we've just been dicked 5?-1 by our rivals and there's two weeks til the next game which we'll also lose heavily.

Now or never

Hennessey was not at fault for the first. It took one, maybe two deflections. The backing off and sitting deep inviting the shot was the problem.

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:30
we need to focus on next season you stupid $$$$

And how would changing managers now achieve that?

We would bring in a new manager, who would get us relegated through no fault of his own. Following this, morale would be low, he would be distrusted by many fans and we completely accept that relegation is escapable.

Further, there is no need for insults.

hollo
12-02-2012, 14:30
Big protest outside billy wright stand .100 fans protest. Morgan out mccarthy out. Anger. Radio wm.

Tring Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:31
I've been Mick's biggest supporter but there is no defending that performance or result.

Pessimistic Wolf makes a valid point about timing but if a change is going to happen, then it has to be now with a two week break until the next game.

I also hope Karl Henry is taking a long, hard look at himself as his moment of madness against Villa has contributed to us getting so badly overrun in midfield.

DJW
Ive got a gut feeling he may resign any minute on SKY in his aftermatch interview

Ulver
Big protest outside billy wright stand .100 fans protest. Morgan out mccarthy out. Anger. Radio wm.

Why Morgan out? What does that even mean? He is the owner..

wolf of sedgley
Essentially there is no other decision. We have been bad from the third game of the season. We have opportunities to get better, "maybe the next game etc", but we just get worse and worse, culminating in literally the most embarrassing result of my lifetime.

He should have been sacked before xmas.

hollo
12-02-2012, 14:32
Just what they are reported as saying. They should be directing it at the manager.

marrs-guitar
He won't go. He puts too much value on "strength" being measured in how you don't quit, how you grit your teeth and "work harder on the training ground", "keep plugging away" to oblivion...

HowfenWolf

So what - If it was 10000 then maybe Steve would take notice

DJW
12-02-2012, 14:33
I'm hoping that him staying on the pitch side and shaking each players hand is his way of saying goodbye.
Why the media heap praise on McCarthy is beyond me. He is arrogant, stuborn, tactically inept, if you disagree with him he wants to fight you, has a cringe worthy sense of humour and his teams play attrocious football!
Good riddance and goodbye. A young up and coming manager who can guide us to promotion please.

Metal Wolf89
12-02-2012, 14:34
Can we get martin o Neil on a part time basis?

wolf of sedgley
12-02-2012, 14:34
i also hope karl henry is taking a long, hard look at himself as his moment of madness against villa has contributed to us getting so badly overrun in midfield.

+1. $$$$.

Bull Army
12-02-2012, 14:36
Can we get martin o Neil on a part time basis?

I'd take Martin Clunes at this point...

DJW
12-02-2012, 14:36
I'd take Martin Clunes at this point...

Careful what you wish for :D

GoldenHorseshoe
12-02-2012, 14:37
It's hardly gross negligence. McCarthy kept us up two consecutive seasons on a tight budget. That is a hallmark of a competent manager, and in our third season it is not unreasonable to still place survival as the utmost priority, which he appeared capable of doing. One could argue that this smacks of low levels of ambition, but with the NB being redone, the finances were never going to be there, so ambition would be ill-founded.

At this point, it is clear that McCarthy and Wolves aren't meant for each other. It was not clear at the beginning of the season, and whilst an argument can be made for it, it is not a conclusive one.

Possibly our largest concern is our ridiculously low levels of confidence. Clearly, changing managers would further obliterate that confidence. I don't dispute that Mick is no longer fit to manage us, but I sustain the argument that changing would not be beneficial.

To leave it this late in the season when the writing has been on the wall for months, yes months, is indeed gross mismanagement.

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 14:38

Are you for real?!

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:38
To leave it this late in the season when the writing has been on the wall for months, yes months, is indeed gross mismanagement.

At which point do you propose we should have changed managers, on the presumption that at the beginning of the season, it was at least semi-rational to keep him?

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 14:39
4 straight home defeats. $$$$ OFF YOU USELESS $$$$$.
But you know that Mick's lovechilds will tell us this is a kneejerk reaction.

DJW
12-02-2012, 14:41
Golly, the battle of the' Mick Out' threads, this is at least exciting, which thread will have the most 'legs' :D

dane
Hennessey's fault for the first two but wtf was Mick thinking putting all three strikers on at the same time?

Because it worked for 20 minutes against QPR so he thought he'd try it again. Might have worked too if he'd remembered to ask Hodgson to only field 10 men

Pessimistic Wolf
But you know that Mick's lovechilds will tell us this is a kneejerk reaction.

This IS a kneejerk reaction, but that does not make it any less legitimate or justified.

I believe that McCarthy should keep his job for now, but I do appreciate the calls for his head. Our form has been inexcusable; I disagree on terms of practicality.

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 14:42
Simple .....the way we are playing at the moment.
They might run ( after a fashion) and they might fight but they have been trained not to have a clue.

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 14:42
At which point do you propose we should have changed managers, on the presumption that at the beginning of the season, it was at least semi-rational to keep him?

He should have been sacked in November. We need fresh ideas while we can still stay up this season. Go now Mick!

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:44
Simple .....the way we are playing at the moment.
They might run ( after a fashion) and they might fight but they have been trained not to have a clue.

Yes, but is it fair to expect any prospective manager (especially the calibre of manager that we may expect; which is low) to transform our style of play in such a sordid few months such as those we should expect?

Skonsengwolf
12-02-2012, 14:46
WBA 24 goal attempts. Says it all doesn't it? 24!!!!!

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 14:47
Yes, but is it fair to expect any prospective manager (especially the calibre of manager that we may expect; which is low) to transform our style of play in such a sordid few months such as those we should expect?

Its got to be better than sticking with the idiot currently in charge. At least a new manager may even give Milijas and Hammill a game rather than the likes of Edwards, Stearman, Hunt etc!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Now or never
Hennessey was a hero for us today. You can only expect so much from a keeper and deflections and having your own players get in the way can hardly do anything else but mean you are unlucky.
We have all known our weakness in the defence and that especially we needed to strengthen our midfield area. Frimpong would have helped but we desperately need a leader on the field.

GoldenHorseshoe

Personally, I would have been making plans for a new manager on 23 May, and by the look on Morgan's face, I did bet that we would be starting the season with a new manager, but here we are 1-5 down in the BCD.
Do the people in charge of this club really know what this means?

Darryl Revok
12-02-2012, 14:48
I appreciate the calls for Mick to go I really do, as someone who is going to get ultra stick from the Tesco gits at work tomorrow, but the thought of Morgan & Jex coming up with the new manager scares me to death!!

WV8 Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:49
Whitney Houston could do a better job than Mick Mccarthy

Oldgold Wolfcub
It's hardly gross negligence. McCarthy kept us up two consecutive seasons on a tight budget.
I would say that Norwich and Swansea have smashed that argument to pieces.

Pessimistic Wolf
Its got to be better than sticking with the idiot currently in charge. At least a new manager may even give Milijas and Hammill a game rather than the likes of Edwards, Stearman, Hunt etc!

Or a new manager might consistently play Edwards, Stearman and Hunt.

A new manager doesn't automatically mean a better one.

-MTW-
12-02-2012, 14:50
IMO pointless sacking Mick now. Wait until the end of the season and appoint somebody like Keith Downing for next season in the Championship.

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:50
I would say that Norwich and Swansea have smashed that argument to pieces.

They haven't necessarily stayed up yet, but I do take your point.

Ginger Chimp
12-02-2012, 14:52
There comes a time in every relationship where it's the correct point to do something different. What we have at the moment is a management team, responsible for training and coaching and motivating a side to use agreed tactics to get positive results, who do not appear to be able to do anything different or change things around. In order to get different outcomes you have to change something. That something, so it appears, needs to be management related. We've rotated players and altered formations all to no avail.

The only thing left is change at the top. The point for action has arrived. Whether it turns out to be beneficial or not will be clear in 12-18 months time. What is clear is that a failure to make a change, now, will see more of the same. Mick and his team have run out of ideas. If they hadn't then we'd have seen something today or last week or whenever.

I don't know who should come in to help us but I now truly believe Mick cannot have any positive influence on anything this season and should therefore make way for a fresh approach.

Thanks for everything. Now move over and give us a chance, please.

Bossworld
12-02-2012, 14:52
Hennessey was a hero for us today. You can only expect so much from a keeper and deflections and having your own players get in the way can hardly do anything else but mean you are unlucky.
We have all known our weakness in the defence and that especially we needed to strengthen our midfield area. Frimpong would have helped but we desperately need a leader on the field.

Don't get me wrong, at 12 shots to 1 in the first half, and in many other games this season he's been magnificent. But that second one was terrible, and despite the deflections he could have saved the first.

Like I said, if we'd had scored that 2nd equaliser when we hit the bar I'd have fancied us to go on and win, no matter how undeserved. Unfortunately we've been spanked 5-1.

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 14:54
Or a new manager might consistently play Edwards, Stearman and Hunt.

A new manager doesn't automatically mean a better one.

I'm sorry he has to go now. No hope with McCarthy in charge of staying up. He is clueless. I very much doubt a new manager would pick Edwards over Milijas or play the likes of Stearman at right back.
No more excuses. McCarthy out now Morgan!

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 14:55
They haven't necessarily stayed up yet, but I do take your point.

Come on. They are both staying up and will do comfortably.

BoltonWolf
he needs to...regardless of any debate..we were humiliated today and something has to change!!

JOSWolf
Don't get me wrong, at 12 shots to 1 in the first half, and in many other games this season he's been magnificent. But that second one was terrible, and despite the deflections he could have saved the first.

Like I said, if we'd had scored that 2nd equaliser when we hit the bar I'd have fancied us to go on and win, no matter how undeserved. Unfortunately we've been spanked 5-1.

We were lucky only to lose 5-1. It could have been ten!

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 14:56
he needs to...regardless of any debate..we were humiliated today and something has to change!!

I agree. No more debate or excuses. He has to go now along with Clipboard.:mad:

Bull Army
12-02-2012, 14:57
IMO pointless sacking Mick now.

Fans won't get on the back of an appointment which is clearly focused on next season. However, another 10 games of McCarthy dealing out that kind of crap will damage both Morgan, the board, and the rest of the players. He should resign now, whilst he still has some respect.

Tring Wolf
12-02-2012, 14:59

I completely agree with the point Pessimistic Wolf is making. After going top of the table in August, the club couldn't sack the man who had got us promoted and kept us up in September.

The one time he could have gone was after the Swansea game in November. The club gambled on loyalty and stability and with the benefit of hindsight, it looks like the gamble has failed.

Up until today, with his experience in previous seasons, the transfer window shut and a lack of an outstanding alternative, I thought Mick represented our best chance of staying up. Obviously, it is much harder to have that point of view now.

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 15:00
This IS a kneejerk reaction, but that does not make it any less legitimate or justified.

I believe that McCarthy should keep his job for now, but I do appreciate the calls for his head. Our form has been inexcusable; I disagree on terms of practicality.Of course when we are saying the same thing virtually every week its a kneejerk reaction.:rolleyes:
What was a kneejerk reaction was to think we had turned the corner because we beat the ten men of QPR.

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 15:01
Has he resigned yet?

Woburn Wolf
I also hope Karl Henry is taking a long, hard look at himself as his moment of madness against Villa has contributed to us getting so badly overrun in midfield.

I would argue that as much as anything it was McCarthy's team selection and formation. O'Hara and Henry were never going to compete against Albion's three in midfield.

Oldgold Wolfcub
Martin O'Neill!!:willy:

Pessimistic Wolf
12-02-2012, 15:02
Of course when we are saying the same thing virtually every week its a kneejerk reaction.:rolleyes:
What was a kneejerk reaction was to think we had turned the corner because we beat the ten men of QPR.

I didn't notice quite so many threads of this $$$ last week.

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 15:03
I appreciate the calls for Mick to go I really do, as someone who is going to get ultra stick from the Tesco gits at work tomorrow, but the thought of Morgan & Jex coming up with the new manager scares me to death!!
This I share with you. So far I think Morgan has been a total joke and Moxey has shown he has not got it in him to spot a top class manager in the making.

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 15:04
I would argue that as much as anything it was McCarthy's team selection and formation. O'Hara and Henry were never going to compete against Albion's three in midfield.

I agree. OHara and Henry have generally been poor this season when they have played together. Henry would have made no difference to us. We would still have given the ball away left right and centre and defended like a non league side as we have done all season with the current clowns in charge.

MonkeySpanner
12-02-2012, 15:05
Very eloquently put.

I disagree. I do not think that changing managers will change our season.

a) There is nobody better. Realistically, we could hope for Poyet maybe, or a washed up ex-manager. Mick isn't any good, but nobody else is.

b) We are a very unattractive prospect. The board refuse to put money in, we're going down and there's no transfer window.

c) We are probably beyond salvation. Without better players, I don't think we can hope to play that well. Our successes tend to be overachievements. What's the point in paying a severance package and rejigging anything just for a chaotic end of season?

I agree with this and as I said in another thread, I wanted Mick gone at the end of last season. But who? There is no one now that realistically would come in that we would want. Steve Bruce, no! Rapha is pie in the sky.

Chris Hughton would be my choice but we've left it too late.

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 15:06

I also didnt notice many threads heaping praise on McCarthy. The fact is we beat ten man QPR who were down to ten men for over half of the game. It didn't paper over the cracks for me.

Woburn Wolf
12-02-2012, 15:07
Frimpong would have helped but we desperately need a leader on the field.

I agree we need a leader on the field and have done for a very long time but the attributes that a leader would bring would not sit comfortably with McCarthy's "what I say goes" mentality. It would only be a matter of weeks at most before any leader was playing with the youngsters prior to leaving the club. We once had the likes of Ince, Rae and Butler in the team but then Dave Jones was obviously more comfortable in his ability than McCarthy.

EdwardLoxdale
12-02-2012, 15:09
Keep faith in Mick. Come on Wolves! Mick has experience of keeping us up the last two years and will do again then we can review in summer. Mick is a man who demands massive respect for what he has achieved and I will be behind him tooth and nail. We can do it Wolves!

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 15:09
Quite a few were saying that the QPR match should not paper over the cracks. However it is silly to make posts except when they are relevant.
Our first half display todeay on its own deserved Mick the sack but if we had won there is no way I would have said that and spoil our enjoyment of the result no matter how it comes.

Poole Wolf
12-02-2012, 15:12
It would be stupid to make a knee jerk reaction and just sack him now. Morgan should reflect on the positives and negatives and how far we have come under McCarthy. Look at the difficulties we would have in getting a replacement and the disruption it would cause. Analyse the tactical approach and the the options we have for change.

He should then have a good night's sleep, get up bright and refreshed and then sack him in the morning.

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 15:13
I agree we need a leader on the field and have done for a very long time but the attributes that a leader would bring would not sit comfortably with McCarthy's "what I say goes" mentality. It would only be a matter of weeks at most before any leader was playing with the youngsters prior to leaving the club. We once had the likes of Ince, Rae and Butler in the team but then Dave Jones was obviously more comfortable in his ability than McCarthy.
And that is why we are in the position we are. McCarthy has qualities and could be a good manager but his inflexibility and ego stop him.

Poole Wolf
12-02-2012, 15:14
It's all right now everyone. We can calm down, Mick's issued an apology for the performance. Everything's ok now.

Onlywolf
12-02-2012, 15:17

Turn that on its head - whats to lose by trying ?

Tring Wolf
12-02-2012, 15:19
Keep faith in Mick. Come on Wolves! Mick has experience of keeping us up the last two years and will do again then we can review in summer. Mick is a man who demands massive respect for what he has achieved and I will be behind him tooth and nail. We can do it Wolves!

Good man Lox. This is the position I have had and desperately want to stick with. It is just so difficult after that.

Mick's only hope is that the sheer scale and manner of this defeat brings out a siege mentality that somehow gets us through to the end of the season. As sad as it is for me to say though, I'm not sure that he can win the majority of fans round after today. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 15:19

Sorry Lox, I respect you, but he has to go now. Today was an utter disgrace and embarrassment. He has lost the plot and today showed it up in a glaring way. I cant see where we go from here. Cisse and Ba will tear our defence to pieces in a few weeks time.

-ShuWolf-
12-02-2012, 15:36
Today we looked like the team we are...championship.
For the love of Christ I still dont know why Hammil isnt playing, He is the best crosser of a ball we have, which would at least give SF or whoever something to attack.
Mick picks favorites, he isnt ruthless enough to be a op fight manager.

popplewolf
12-02-2012, 15:41
Today we looked like the team we are...championship
That wasn't Championship quailty

Ginger Chimp
12-02-2012, 17:36
Today we looked like the team we are...championship.

Today we looked like the team we are...championship
That wasn't Championship quailty
Today we didn't even look like a team that had all the requisite parts. It was an astoundingly inept performance against a bottom half team in what the management (and the players, to be fair) knew was one of the biggest games of the season (points wise and locally).

If you can't get the players up for games like that then the writing really is on the wall.

luckyjim
12-02-2012, 17:54
It's now a matter of personal honour and integrity. If he can't resign now than I will have lost all respect for him as a human being. I'd love to find out what some of the players really think; something that Halford hinted at on twitter.