PDA

View Full Version : Evra Celebration

Apocalypse Now
11-02-2012, 23:15
You have just beat the team whose behaviour has been reprehensible over the past two months which contains the racist that is Suarez, why wouldn't you celebrate? Agree with Gary Neville, football is about passion, and putting the club that shamed english football in 1985 and shame us in 2012, in their place, is well worthy of celebration.

Kenny has been poorly advised and left out to dry by his employers on this issue.

Ginger Chimp
11-02-2012, 23:18
Kenny Dalglish has compounded a poor few weeks PR with an appalling after match performance. There's protecting your team and there's looking like a $$$$. Dalglish does his best to do both.

haden-wolf
11-02-2012, 23:22
I don't have the highest opinion of LFC or the city they hail from

But Suarez - good footballer as he is since the last world cup has been a nightmare and a perfect explanation of why footballers shouldnt be called Heros

If I was Evra I think i might have acted like that too, maybe worse

Apocalypse Now
11-02-2012, 23:23
Have a lot of respect for Kenny but he has been put in an invidious position on this and has done his reputation irreparable damage. What the hell has the CEO of Liverpool been doing?

Ginger Chimp
11-02-2012, 23:26
Have a lot of respect for Kenny but he has been put in an invidious position on this and has done his reputation irreparable damage. What the hell has the CEO of Liverpool been doing?

Dalglish doesn't have to say what he does nor use the tone and manner that he does. He is his own worst enemy.

WestChiltingtonwolf
11-02-2012, 23:28
Before today he has backed his player which he is entitled to do - albeit I think he shouldn't have and has made him look an out of touch idiot.Now he has been undone by Suarez...public opinion should make the FA act and I think KD might get some kind of action too....

Nero wolf
11-02-2012, 23:29
They havenīt lost a thing.
Fergie has grown a day older though.

Apocalypse Now
11-02-2012, 23:32
Dalglish doesn't have to say what he does nor use the tone and manner that he does. He is his own worst enemy.

I think he is protecting his players which I respect but this should not extend to non-football matters. He is frankly out of his depth and his employers should never have allowed this to happen.

Apocalypse Now
11-02-2012, 23:33

They lost 2-1 for a start:rolleyes:

Ginger Chimp
11-02-2012, 23:37
Mmmm. You can't defend the indefensible. He's old enough and wise enough to know that. If he's not, then he shouldn't be doing the job he is.

He's definitely been left looking like a foolish, out of touch, idiot recently - defending his player or not.

Professional
12-02-2012, 00:04
Liverpool are a disgusting club, from a disgusting City, with a disgusting manager. Suarez has hammered it home, in his personal racist way.

What occured today, lack of handshakes and all, should make everyone sick to the stomach. Suarez is vile, and would love to never see him play football in England again.

Black Suit
12-02-2012, 00:17

Eh?:confused:

WolvesAreBoringOnCeefax
12-02-2012, 00:27
I don't understand why Evra's celebration is being criticised, it was to his own fans - had it been in front of Liverpool supporters/aimed at Suarez then you could criticise it potentially but don't see the issue with this? In fact it was pretty much the same as celebrations we've seen from Zubar/Elokobi after wins in the past, in terms of the gesturing etc

Golden_Wolf
12-02-2012, 00:33
I don't understand why Evra's celebration is being criticised, it was to his own fans - had it been in front of Liverpool supporters/aimed at Suarez then you could criticise it potentially but don't see the issue with this? In fact it was pretty much the same as celebrations we've seen from Zubar/Elokobi after wins in the past, in terms of the gesturing etc

I think people are only critcising it because he did it in front of Suarez (well sort of). Kind of skipped passed him doing it but for once, I'd have to say United aren't to blame really here.

They've acted very dignified since this all came out and today was the only real time I've seen the United players show any emotion regarding the situation. If I was Evra I would have done the exact same thing.

Regarding Daglish though...I can't stand the guy. Hate his interviews. He's always looking for someone else to blame, never seems to accept responsibility and such. I understand backing your players but like Fergie said today, if they truly believed Suarez wasn't guilty...why didn't they appeal? Because they were scared of a few extra games ban? C'mon. You don't do all they did in terms of defending him then bottling it when trying to clear his name.

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 01:34
You have just beat the team whose behaviour has been reprehensible over the past two months which contains the racist that is Suarez, why wouldn't you celebrate? Agree with Gary Neville, football is about passion, and putting the club that shamed english football in 1985 and shame us in 2012, in their place, is well worthy of celebration.

Kenny has been poorly advised and left out to dry by his employers on this issue.
At no stage has Suarez been accused of being racist. The FA have decided that in their opinion he was guilty of making a racist comment. There seems to be a clear distinction between the two definitions.
I dont think anyone comes out of this with any credit.

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 01:43
Regarding Daglish though...I can't stand the guy. Hate his interviews. He's always looking for someone else to blame, never seems to accept responsibility and such. I understand backing your players but like Fergie said today, if they truly believed Suarez wasn't guilty...why didn't they appeal? Because they were scared of a few extra games ban? C'mon. You don't do all they did in terms of defending him then bottling it when trying to clear his name.I heard Collymore say this but I haven't heard Ferguson saying it though.
Maybe Liverpool looked at the bigger picture The FA decided the verdict and are not accountable in the same way as in law. The evidence the FA used may not have stood up to the scrutiny of a court. Would you have wanted Liverpool to take this to law?
You could argue why didn't we fight the decision against Milijas. We all believe the FA were wrong about that but the club decided to abide by the ruling although we think it was wrong.

Taffywolf
12-02-2012, 07:34
No problem with him celebrating but he didn't have to run across the pitch and do it infront of Suarez, It was obvious why he did it. As for Ferdinand, why does he always get involved in things that son't concern him? His past is not squeaky clean. I h8 United, especially the so called surporters that couldn't even find Old Trafford.

Adrian_Monk
12-02-2012, 07:53
If you can't ram an unremorseful racists' words down his throat by celebrating in front of him, the world has gone truly mad

StefanWolves
12-02-2012, 08:06
If you can't ram an unremorseful racists' words down his throat by celebrating in front of him, the world has gone truly mad

Agree. If I was Evra I would have done it directly in his face, Suarez - great player but has a $$$$ racist cocky attitude.

North West Wanderer
12-02-2012, 08:33
Suarez will be sold the end of the season and claim he had to leave as he was hounded out

That's the only explanation I can think of. Engineering a move

Burton Wolf
12-02-2012, 08:47
Not very often I want manure to win but I loved every minute of it. The day would have been perfect for me if Neville had got up and chinned Redknapp.

johnybig32
12-02-2012, 09:52
I like how Rafael tries to copy in the background to say "this is what we always do, nothing wrong here."

Tettenhall Wolf
12-02-2012, 09:55
Just seen the Geoff Shreeves interview with Kenny. He really is being a dick over this.

Suarez was a total discrace today. From not shaking the hand of Eva oneards. Also his moaning over ferdinands tackle.

Yes, Eva shouldn't have celebrated in front of him, but I can understand why he did. And I have no love or Eva.

The sooner people like Suaraz are out of the BPL, the better.

What would Stan and Billy have made of it? I'm just glad they never saw such football. It's a shame my little kids do.

Vietnam Wolf
12-02-2012, 10:20
I think people are only critcising it because he did it in front of Suarez (well sort of). Kind of skipped passed him doing it but for once, I'd have to say United aren't to blame really here.

They've acted very dignified since this all came out and today was the only real time I've seen the United players show any emotion regarding the situation. If I was Evra I would have done the exact same thing.

Regarding Daglish though...I can't stand the guy. Hate his interviews. He's always looking for someone else to blame, never seems to accept responsibility and such. I understand backing your players but like Fergie said today, if they truly believed Suarez wasn't guilty...why didn't they appeal? Because they were scared of a few extra games ban? C'mon. You don't do all they did in terms of defending him then bottling it when trying to clear his name.

Agree GW - Evra could have got far more of an impact by "killing Liverpool with kindness [like serially feeding his cat with super condensed milk]" llike trying to shake King Kenny's hand and swapping his shirt with Luis. Instead he looked a bit of a $$$$ and maybe swayed public opinion [albeit not mine] against him.

King Kenny however behaved just as the complete 'lady's front bottom' as is his trait. Denying he saw the incident was $$$$ing laughable. The LFB should be sacked immediatley for bringing shame and disrepute onto his Company and Employers.

Tettenhall Wolf
12-02-2012, 10:26
Kenny is also looking more like a tramp with every interview.

Vietnam Wolf
12-02-2012, 10:36
Kenny is also looking more like a tramp with every interview.

Agree Tett - I had a stab at this yesterday comparing him with a stereotipical homeless AIDS ridden serial drug-user from Leith out of an Irvine Welsh novel saved only by his ability to kick a football squarely.

Albeit the above mental imaging perhaps being a little harsh - I think we're all agreed that "King Kenny" is only still surviving from deeds long passed and abilities inherited by good fortune.

Adrian_Monk
12-02-2012, 10:36
I like how Rafael tries to copy in the background to say "this is what we always do, nothing wrong here."

IIRC Suarez has upset Rafael as well, didn't he pull his ear or hair in a previous clash ?

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 10:42
Agree. If I was Evra I would have done it directly in his face, Suarez - great player but has a $$$$ racist cocky attitude.
If you think that Evra can behave in the way he chooses then Suarez has every right to act like he does aswell. I suppose you think then it is alright for Evra to insult Suarez but not for Suarez to insult Evra?

Oldgold Wolfcub
12-02-2012, 10:45
Kenny is also looking more like a tramp with every interview.Yes I thought this last night aswell.:D

Tettenhall Wolf
12-02-2012, 11:00
Agree Tett - I had a stab at this yesterday comparing him with a stereotipical homeless AIDS ridden serial drug-user from Leith out of an Irvine Welsh novel saved only by his ability to kick a football squarely.

Albeit the above mental imaging perhaps being a little harsh - I think we're all agreed that "King Kenny" is only still surviving from deeds long passed and abilities inherited by good fortune.

To be honest. You hit the nail on the head. Much deeper and expansive way of what I meant. Nice one VW.

Hrothgar
12-02-2012, 11:12
Mmmm. You can't defend the indefensible. He's old enough and wise enough to know that. If he's not, then he shouldn't be doing the job he is.

He's definitely been left looking like a foolish, out of touch, idiot recently - defending his player or not.

Absolutely spot on-there's been far far too much of that in football over recent years, someone needs to man-up and say "that was totally unacceptable to this club and rest assured that I / we will deal with it" But no, all we ever get is the "us" and "them" mindless mentality where anything one of "ours" does is OK or in some way excusable.

Golden_Wolf
12-02-2012, 11:20
At no stage has Suarez been accused of being racist. The FA have decided that in their opinion he was guilty of making a racist comment. There seems to be a clear distinction between the two definitions.
I dont think anyone comes out of this with any credit.

I thought Suarez has actually admitted to using the word which he said in his homeland isn't deemed racist?

Tettenhall Wolf
12-02-2012, 11:23
I thought Suarez has actually admitted to using the word which he said in his homeland isn't deemed racist?

Yes that's right. But of course he isn't back home now is he. Although I hope he is somewhere else next season.

Incidentally is it the White or black players 'back home' who say it isn't a racist phrase?

Vietnam Wolf
12-02-2012, 11:24

Yes - but this was dismissed by anyone with half-a-brain including the investigators as nonsense.

Ponty
12-02-2012, 11:28
I find it odd Ferguson is so quick to be critical of Suarez and Liverpool when he's the man who refused to talk to the BBC for years because they asked perfectly reasonable questions at a press conference. Childish behaviour from both, and Ferguson's actions resulted in us having to endure Phelan being interviewed instead, and he is probably the dullest man on the planet!

I think Ferguson should STFU until he starts to show grace in adversity because he comes over as a hypocritical $$$$!

Ulver
12-02-2012, 11:33
I find it odd Ferguson is so quick to be critical of Suarez and Liverpool when he's the man who refused to talk to the BBC for years because they asked perfectly reasonable questions at a press conference. Childish behaviour from both, and Ferguson's actions resulted in us having to endure Phelan being interviewed instead, and he is probably the dullest man on the planet!

I think Ferguson should STFU until he starts to show grace in adversity because he comes over as a hypocritical $$$$!

Being a hypocrite does not necessarily invalidate one's point.

Ponty
12-02-2012, 11:44
Being a hypocrite does not necessarily invalidate one's point.

No - I simply wanted to point out his hypocrisy and let people make their own minds up.

The phrase "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" springs to mind. Ferguson is very calculating and personally I find his bonhomie when things are going well nauseating bearing in mind he is so obnoxious when they are not.

mister-t
12-02-2012, 11:49
was there so much fuss over bridge refusing to shake terry's hand?
i would be more upset over someone (allegedley)having sex with my misses than some silly name calling.ok so suarez didnt shake evra's hand,evra made a big issue out of it by grabbing suarez's arm and sort of pleading towards the camera.dont care for either player or team.
ferdinand didnt shake his hand either,yes i know about his younger brother and terry incident.scrap the pre game handshakes all together
let football do the talking.

Vietnam Wolf
12-02-2012, 11:59
was there so much fuss over bridge refusing to shake terry's hand?
i would be more upset over someone (allegedley)having sex with my misses than some silly name calling.ok so suarez didnt shake evra's hand,evra made a big issue out of it by grabbing suarez's arm and sort of pleading towards the camera.dont care for either player or team.
ferdinand didnt shake his hand either,yes i know about his younger brother and terry incident.scrap the pre game handshakes all together
let football do the talking.

Agree with your final summing up - all playground stuff - but the analogy would have been Terry refusing to shake Bridge's hand ...

mister-t
12-02-2012, 12:04
Agree with your final summing up - all playground stuff - but the analogy would have been Terry refusing to shake Bridge's hand ...
yes my fault,should of been bridge refusing to shake terry's hand:dong:

JOSWolf
12-02-2012, 12:19
It seems the scousers are in full support Kenny and Liverpool mode, today, with Micky Quinn and John Barnes blaming everyone else but Liverpool.