PDA

View Full Version : MM opens up...

Golden_Wolf
10-02-2012, 14:34
http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2606389,00.html

I know we all give him a hard time on here for his stubborness, lack of tactical nous and sometimes questionable decision making but there's one thing we can't deny is that the guy really does care for our club.

We should be proud to have a manager like this (despite his deficiencies).

I've gotta admit I'm desperate for us to succeed under MM.

Just wonder what everyone's thoughts on this are?

Please keep the MM bashing to a minimum if we can.

Seasider
10-02-2012, 14:38

This for me...but my support for Mick has been tested in recent times.

FLEET WOLF
10-02-2012, 14:40
He has made mistakes, don't they all (?), but he does genuinely care. He always seems a real nice bloke to me, not like some of the whingeing prats in the PL. People I know in Hampshire constantly tell me what a good manager he is and that we shouldn't get rid of him. I believe he can keep us up this year and winning on Sunday would bring a massive confidence boost.

Golden_Wolf
10-02-2012, 14:41
This for me...but my support for Mick has been tested in recent times.

I think most people have felt severely tested this season.

Either way (and loyalties aside) regardless of what happens this season; the club need to really assess things in the summer.

If we stay up...a lot of dead-wood has to go. And signings just 2/3 players won't be enough.

Major investment in the squad will be needed.

greco wolf
10-02-2012, 14:52
I think most people have felt severely tested this season.

Either way (and loyalties aside) regardless of what happens this season; the club need to really assess things in the summer.

If we stay up...a lot of dead-wood has to go. And signings just 2/3 players won't be enough.

Major investment in the squad will be needed.

agreed

but nice to hear what he thinks.

AW
10-02-2012, 14:52
Whilst some may have preferred for a more tactically aware manager to come in, I don't think there is anybody that I would prefer to be at the helm given our current predicament. He has succeeded from this position in the past, and with the captures of the likes of bassong and eggy I have every faith he will do it again.

We will need a bit of good fortune but I still think one or two teams will drop off to join the essentially 5 club pack at the bottom. A win against the Albion will without doubt bring them down into it, especially with the other 4 teams playing each other.

Vietnam Wolf
10-02-2012, 14:54
I love Mick but this isn't anything other than anyone would be expected to say in the circumstances.

I agree I'd love to see him demonstrate the astuteness and capability of a top manager - and maybe there's still time. But I just wish he'd get us out of the relegation scrappers for once in his life.

Big Saft Kid
10-02-2012, 15:11
He comes across as genuinely caring, unlike his predecessor Hoddle.

That said, football is a results game. We're all fed up of scrapping at the bottom of the league, and after 100 games with him in charge in the Prem, we are not a lot further forward, not in our league position, nor in the quality of the football. For me, that's not good enough, however caring Mick may be (and I'm sure he is). I just don't see us improving significantly with Mick in charge, and I think we need a change of manager and a fresh approach, whether we stay up or go down.

MonkeySpanner
10-02-2012, 15:18
He seems to be a genuinely a down to earth nice guy. But! Under his tenure he has only pulled the rabbit out of the hat when his hand has actually been forced. Last year if Doyle hadn't been injured would Mick of gone with and stuck with Fletcher? Who when finally given his string of games pretty much saved our season.

The more recent one, QPR game, he again was forced into making a change that we would not of seen had Frimpong not gotten injured and it paid off for him.

Micks a nice guy, but nice guys finish last....

Jungleee
10-02-2012, 15:21
Sharing is caring.

Samui Wolf
10-02-2012, 15:30
He has made mistakes, don't they all (?), but he does genuinely care. He always seems a real nice bloke to me, not like some of the whingeing prats in the PL. People I know in Hampshire constantly tell me what a good manager he is and that we shouldn't get rid of him. I believe he can keep us up this year and winning on Sunday would bring a massive confidence boost.

this seems to be a common opinion. the people i work with in berkshire all say we should keep him. these are fans from swindon town to tottenham, no-one has a bad word to say about him.

when i suggest we really need to move on a as club and employ a more tactically astute manager, i can't get any non wolves fans to agree with me. everyone seems to love Mick.

Wolfman jack
10-02-2012, 15:36
Micks great, genuine and been really good for Wolves and of course we all hope he keeps us up BUT its then time for a change and a cool hard view of where Mr morgan wants to take this club. A yo yo is no good and I think a new manager and back room team will be needed whatever we do. Take a punt on a young up and coming man if we go down, a bit more experience if we stay up. But we do need a refresher in the summer.

Edgmond Wolf
10-02-2012, 15:40
Come on the Wolves

Staying up is important

Beating the Baggies is vital

Super Ted
10-02-2012, 15:47

I'm desperate for Wolves to succeed. For what he's achieved so far, getting the club up and keeping us there, I would love for it to be with MM as manager. The problem is I just cannot see him taking us up another level.

I hope MM keeps us up and then thanks the club and waves good-bye. That way he will be remembered fondly but all Wolves fans (well the vast majority) as the manager that got us back into the PL and kept us there. I fear though that if we go down or if we stay up and have yet another season with MM fighting relegation then his reign will end on a sour note for us all.

wolf97
10-02-2012, 16:22
Whilst some may have preferred for a more tactically aware manager to come in, I don't think there is anybody that I would prefer to be at the helm given our current predicament. He has succeeded from this position in the past, and with the captures of the likes of bassong and eggy I have every faith he will do it again.

We will need a bit of good fortune but I still think one or two teams will drop off to join the essentially 5 club pack at the bottom. A win against the Albion will without doubt bring them down into it, especially with the other 4 teams playing each other.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

He is one of the worst signings Mick has ever made.

Credit to him for saying this. I too really want him to succeed.

Big Saft Kid
10-02-2012, 16:44
this seems to be a common opinion. the people i work with in berkshire all say we should keep him. these are fans from swindon town to tottenham, no-one has a bad word to say about him.

when i suggest we really need to move on a as club and employ a more tactically astute manager, i can't get any non wolves fans to agree with me. everyone seems to love Mick.

I imagine none of these people you work with actually watch Wolves on a regular basis. They are probably basing their opinion of Mick on the down-beat, self-deprecating tone of his media interviews on MOTD, which makes a refreshing and amusing change for the average punter from listening to whinging Wenger or bully-boy Ferguson. However, his PL record speaks for itself -- he is not good enough at this level and his teams play one-dimensional boring football. But the good folk of Reading don't know this because they don't watch us.

crocos
10-02-2012, 16:54
I'm a definite MM fan. For sure, he may have a few gaps - though who actually doesn't - but what he gives us is a power & a passion & an identity that belies our spending and relative size.

But what really clinches it for me is that in these days of over-salaried egos & primadonnas, our players would seemingly run over a cliff for him - him & the team he's assembled are truly Wolves, and it's truly a breath of fresh air after the dross of the past 20 years.

Long may he reign over us.

We are Wolves.

Ponty
10-02-2012, 16:56
Shock, horror! Just prior to a very important local derby the manager comes out and makes reference to wanting a result for the fans and not letting them down!

Mick might be different to many other managers but this kind of interview is as predictable as Wenger not seeing a bad foul by one of his players when everyone else in the stadium can see it!

FLEET WOLF
10-02-2012, 16:59

Eggy hasn't done anything yet to demonstrate that he is half decent, but he may get there-albeit we don't really have the time to waste on players like him, in some ways. He will probably now get the winner on Sunday, in the 94th minute!

wolf97
10-02-2012, 17:04
Eggy hasn't done anything yet to demonstrate that he is half decent, but he may get there-albeit we don't really have the time to waste on players like him, in some ways. He will probably now get the winner on Sunday, in the 94th minute!

I'd like that to happen.

johnybig32
10-02-2012, 17:09
http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2606389,00.html

I know we all give him a hard time on here for his stubborness, lack of tactical nous and sometimes questionable decision making but there's one thing we can't deny is that the guy really does care for our club.

We should be proud to have a manager like this (despite his deficiencies).

Just wonder what everyone's thoughts on this are?

Please keep the MM bashing to a minimum if we can.

How long have I been trying to say this?

Samui Wolf
10-02-2012, 17:46
I imagine none of these people you work with actually watch Wolves on a regular basis. They are probably basing their opinion of Mick on the down-beat, self-deprecating tone of his media interviews on MOTD, which makes a refreshing and amusing change for the average punter from listening to whinging Wenger or bully-boy Ferguson. However, his PL record speaks for itself -- he is not good enough at this level and his teams play one-dimensional boring football. But the good folk of Reading don't know this because they don't watch us.

i totally agree. we all like mick, but he is not going to take us any further. a shame but reality.

AW
10-02-2012, 18:40

That one part was tongue in cheek :p

Tring Wolf
10-02-2012, 18:49

Not sure if my memory is failing me but didn't Neil Emblen have an absolutely shocking debut (and I mean way worse than Eggy's performance v Liverpool). And he turned it all around by scoring in a home victory over the Albion.

Admittedly the chances of a repeat on Sunday are pretty slim but it would be fantastic :)

Tring Wolf
10-02-2012, 18:52
And yes, great quotes from Mick. Obviously cares passionately for the club and I hope he reigns over us for a few more years yet.

wolf97
10-02-2012, 19:13
That one part was tongue in cheek :p

I was worried then! :D

ice cream head
10-02-2012, 19:20
Even when he's trying to be 'open' you can see the ego screaming out at you.

Anyone up for a scrap?

WonderWolf
10-02-2012, 19:49
Even when he's trying to be 'open' you can see the ego screaming out at you.

Anyone up for a scrap?

Mick is quite unique... can you see any other manager saying this?

But you are right, the ego shines bright!

If Mick had a motto it would be: 'I know best'

Edgmond Wolf
10-02-2012, 20:51
Good old Mick no wonder I think he is a great manager for Wolves

Ashley
10-02-2012, 22:06
Very nice mick, I applaud your honesty. Just set a team up to win some $$$$ing games instead of not losing them and we might be better off

FRAZ-WOLF
10-02-2012, 22:21
for me mick should open morgans wallet up not his mouth

Essex Wolf
11-02-2012, 10:22
I think all genuine Wolves supporters want the club to succeed no matter who the manager is and if Wolves become a better PL team under Mick then great but is he likely to improve? He has been a manager a long while now and still seems to lack nous regarding certain aspects of the game.

His words are nothing other than what I'd expect to see from someone getting a lot of flak and not actually doing a very good job.

Action not words Mick.

Wagstaffe Was Magic
11-02-2012, 10:31
In relative terms Alec Ferguson could be said not to have done a good job in his first 3 years at Manure!!

People said Mick could get a team up but could'nt keep a team up!!!

Well, here we are nearly 3 years in the top flight and ok, it's tough again but he and the club are learning all the time.

Think he has been unlucky this season . . . .and if Ping Pong had stayed fit I would have no concerns this time . . .

Will see . . . .

Mugwump
11-02-2012, 10:34
Mick being a good bloke blinds people to his failings as a manager. He isnt good enough.

Essex Wolf
11-02-2012, 10:38
Mick being a good bloke blinds people to his failings as a manager. He isnt good enough.

Hits nail firmly on head.