PDA

View Full Version : Mick for England?

Wolves in Limerick
09-02-2012, 17:43
As everyone is aware he has experience at International level. Ireland has not been blessed with quality international managers but Mick was certainly among the best. His achievement in Japan in getting a fairly ordinary bunch of players as far as he did was extraordinary. One of the comments that many Irish fans I think would agree with me on is that he would have been best served if he had the team that big Jack had and big Jack would have been best served by the team Mick had.
I don't know that he would want the job and it appears that HR has the position for the asking, but I have no doubt he would do well as well for England as he did for Ireland.

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 17:52
Wolves wouldnt let him go

Hatch End
09-02-2012, 17:55
I would!

MonkeySpanner
09-02-2012, 18:58
Isn't our national teams style of play boring enough?

blaenboy
09-02-2012, 18:59
I think WIL is right about how Mick is viewed in Ireland- except by Man U supporters. Statistically- and actually- he is the best manager ireland has had. I was in Japan for the World Cup- great! he was hounded out of the job by Eamon Dunphy and co who were all pro- Roy keane. Keane did not come back afterwards anyway. MM was a real loss to Ireland, but not convinced about his potential as manager of England. He is such a divisive character wherever he goes! he had Ireland playing very good football and gave us some great times though.

spittlep
09-02-2012, 20:04
Wolves wouldnt let him go

Don't be stupid - Jez would be rubbing his hands together at the thought of compensation

Citizen Erased
09-02-2012, 20:04
Would never happen - there would be a nationwide uproar.

Didn't Downing get his real england break once McClaren took charge? Could imagine Jarvis would get more caps aswell as Henry and Kites if Mick ever landed the role - a pipedream mind you...

spittlep
09-02-2012, 20:06
Isn't our national teams style of play boring enough?

Yes but it would improve Wolves style of play

Redditch Wolves
09-02-2012, 20:09
I would rather have Fred West at the helm.

wolf97
09-02-2012, 20:15
That my friend is what you call being up McCarthy's backside. $$$$ing hell. Personally I'd rather see my 2 year old Jack Russell dog as manager.

The Professor
09-02-2012, 20:39
I must admit when Bernstein siad that the next England manager would preferably be English or British. It had me thinking, will Mick be on the FA's shortlist?!

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
09-02-2012, 21:11
As everyone is aware he has experience at International level. Ireland has not been blessed with quality international managers but Mick was certainly among the best. His achievement in Japan in getting a fairly ordinary bunch of players as far as he did was extraordinary. One of the comments that many Irish fans I think would agree with me on is that he would have been best served if he had the team that big Jack had and big Jack would have been best served by the team Mick had.
I don't know that he would want the job and it appears that HR has the position for the asking, but I have no doubt he would do well as well for England as he did for Ireland.

if we go 2-0 down sunday it will be sung around the ground MCCARTHY FOR ENGLAND, but we wont be going 2-0 down

Essex Wolf
10-02-2012, 11:41
Saw the headline and got all excited until I realised it was a question and not a statement of fact.:D

Sharples
10-02-2012, 11:47
Is the OP sarcastic or not? I cant decide...

Essex Wolf
10-02-2012, 11:49
Is the OP sarcastic or not? I cant decide...

Could be one of many things Sharples. Sarcasm, wishful thinking, a faint hope or a genuine belief.

If it saw Mick leave I'm sure some would be happy.

waveney wolf
10-02-2012, 12:30
ive emailed his cv to the FA

Boss Hogg
10-02-2012, 12:36
ive emailed his cv to the FA

To make sure they get the message, I've considered Mick's qualifications for managing at the highest level and faxed the FA a blank piece of paper. :top:

Edgmond Wolf
10-02-2012, 15:46
if we go 2-0 down sunday it will be sung around the ground MCCARTHY FOR ENGLAND, but we wont be going 2-0 down

A better version is

If Woy can manage England so can I......

Super Ted
10-02-2012, 15:51
I'm not sure MM would be a good England manager. There are far too many egos in the England team that will be put out by his straight talking.