PDA

View Full Version : Guedioura

goldeneyed
09-02-2012, 15:35
With O'Hara suffering from groin problems, Edwards with his thigh, Frimpong back at Arsenal and Henry suspended we are down to the bare bones against you know who this Sunday. It shows the absolute folly of letting Guedioura go to Forest till the end of the season without any re-call. Sheer madness.

MM may be in some people's good books after beating 10 man QPR but these are precisely the kinds of poor decisions that have hampered us all season. The O'Hara injury is particulalry worrying as it could be a longer term issue. Without him we have zero creativity in midfield unless Milijas can be inspired to fill the gap. Frimpong was bad luck but Guedioura's absence isn't. What's the answer in MM's mind? Eggy perhaps....then hello relegation.

Akaman
09-02-2012, 15:38
With O'Hara suffering from groin problems, Edwards with his thigh, Frimpong back at Arsenal and Henry suspended we are down to the bare bones against you know who this Sunday. It shows the absolute folly of letting Guedioura go to Forest till the end of the season without any re-call. Sheer madness.

MM may be in some people's good books after beating 10 man QPR but these are precisely the kinds of poor decisions that have hampered us all season. The O'Hara injury is particulalry worrying as it could be a longer term issue. Without him we have zero creativity in midfield unless Milijas can be inspired to fill the gap. Frimpong was bad luck but Guedioura's absence isn't. What's the answer in MM's mind? Eggy perhaps....then hello relegation.

He'll put Ward back in midfield and play Elokobi left back...

...oh hang on

Costin_wolf
09-02-2012, 15:39
I agree seeing our midfield has made me realise our 1 win just papered of cracks, really wish the snow would delay our clash with wba just enough to let us get our midfield back atm we will have to play the egg... :@

Akaman
09-02-2012, 15:41
Heard they'd had a massive bust up, and while I tend not to believe a word that comes from this supporter's mouth, seems she may be right on this one because we're woefully short in midfield.

Sandwell Wolf
09-02-2012, 15:47
Who cares, he's $$$$e, and that's why he's gone to Forest who are currently 2nd bottom of the Championship and probably going down.

League One is about his level. Move on and get over it.

AndyP
09-02-2012, 15:54
I heard he had a punch up with SEB, this was a couple of weeks ago.

Sharples
09-02-2012, 15:54

Just another stick to try and beat MM with.

When you say "these are precisely the kind of poor decisions that have hampered us this season", what other decisions like loaning out our fourth or fifth choice CM has he made?

Sharples
09-02-2012, 15:57
Midfield wise at the club we have:

Henry
O'Hara
Forde
Jarvis
Hunt
Kightly
Edwards
Milijas
Hammill
Kightly
The Egg

Thats 11 midfielders + the option of Foley. If the precautionary knocks everyone is $$$$ting themselves about carry through then expect a central three of:

The Egg, Hunt and Milijas with Forde on the bench.

kennyB
09-02-2012, 16:03
Foley injured too!

Jonzy54
09-02-2012, 16:05

When you say "these are precisely the kind of poor decisions that have hampered us this season", what other decisions like loaning out our fourth or fifth choice CM has he made?

Not having a full 25 man squad for starters.Villa also do this but augment their squad with a number of youngsters who actually play but do we?Furthermore the one player we do buy doesn't get in the 18 for the 3 league games after he signed but then when he does play he is omitted from the 18 for the next League game.Answers on a postcard.

FRAZ-WOLF
09-02-2012, 16:06
Hennessey

Stearman Johnson Bassong Ward

Hunt Milijas Jarvis

Doyle Blake Fletcher

Sharples
09-02-2012, 16:09
So with our 25th man, you would bring in a 12th midfield option?

Costin_wolf
09-02-2012, 16:09
the egg ... why would anyone consider him...

Jonzy54
09-02-2012, 16:11
the egg ... why would anyone consider him...

I'm not,just pointing out we signed him and am questioning why?

Jonzy54
09-02-2012, 16:15
So with our 25th man, you would bring in a 12th midfield option?

You asked for examples of what we could criticise the manager over.I am not giving an opinion on Guedioura,merely pointing out facts.

Wolves in Limerick
09-02-2012, 16:19
One poor game does not a bad player make, surely. In any sport the challenge is to up your game when your playing better quality opposition. Eggert may not get too many more chances this season, but he may yet surprise his critics who have rushed to jusgement.

Jonzy54
09-02-2012, 16:28
One poor game does not a bad player make, surely. In any sport the challenge is to up your game when your playing better quality opposition. Eggert may not get too many more chances this season, but he may yet surprise his critics who have rushed to jusgement.

Maybe so but the main purpose of Jan window signings are to make an impact now ala Frimpong.He has taken up a place in our squad this season which leads many fans to assume he is ready and good enough now which is patently not true,never more exemplified than when we are short of numbers as we are now.

Wolves in Limerick
09-02-2012, 16:37
If Mick thinks he has the ability to make the grade in the Premiership then I believe he was correct to sign him. Not every player we sign at whatever level will automatically walk into the first team. I would have to assume Mick believed that the lad had sufficient ability to play him against Liverpool. He struggled. He will be re-introduced back into the team presumably later this season. He may well struggle again or he may impress enough to show fans that his game has developed.

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 16:42

This

He needs time to adapt

Jonzy54
09-02-2012, 16:59
This

He needs time to adapt

Maybe he will but we needed players to make an impact now and not bring in squad fillers which is precisely the term Moxey used.I am not averse to making speculative signings but that isn't what we need right now and certainly wasn't the case when we signed him.

sedgwolf1980
09-02-2012, 17:06
If eggbert starts on Sunday I will rip my seat out and launch the $$$$ing thing straight off micks head.

JOSWolf
09-02-2012, 17:12
Guedioura leaves and is replaced in the squad by eggy. I know who I would rather have in midfield against Albion on Sunday and it isnt eggy!

haden-wolf
09-02-2012, 17:52
I want a bloody snowman in our centre circle and the game off due to the area around the stadium being unsafe with ice etc

I am still $$$$ed off with mm for sending gued out

Jungleee
09-02-2012, 17:54
I want a bloody snowman in our centre circle and the game off due to the area around the stadium being unsafe with ice etc

I am still $$$$ed off with mm for sending gued out

Would be beneficial. + I'd prefer a replay to be mid-week under floodlights!

worc.wolves
09-02-2012, 17:56
Who cares, he's $$$$e, and that's why he's gone to Forest who are currently 2nd bottom of the Championship and probably going down.

League One is about his level. Move on and get over it.

I wouldn't go as far as saying $$$$e but agree with you on the whole part. The most over rated player we have in our squad IMO. He can shoot and looks good from the bench, makes an impact, yes. But Anychance he's had from the start you haven't seen him. Good champ player.
Hope hell prove me wrong- I like the guy!!

wolvo_boi
09-02-2012, 18:06
I wouldn't go as far as saying $$$$e but agree with you on the whole part. The most over rated player we have in our squad IMO. He can shoot and looks good from the bench, makes an impact, yes. But Anychance he's had from the start you haven't seen him. Good champ player.
Hope hell prove me wrong- I like the guy!!

And how many of those has he had???

Certain players walk back into the team without barely training or reserve team football and others could be Ballon D'or winners but unless they are a Mick Mcarthy type player they spend their matchdays on the bench.

We have 3 flair players in our squad, Milijas, Hammill and Guediora, i rest my case.

Guediora was one of if not THE biggest factor in us staying up first season.

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 18:15
Gued has not impressed since he broke his leg
When he has had opportunities he has made a number of serious errors
A good opportunity to go and get some games under his belt and come back and challenge for his place

Golden_Wolf
09-02-2012, 18:19
And how many of those has he had???

Certain players walk back into the team without barely training or reserve team football and others could be Ballon D'or winners but unless they are a Mick Mcarthy type player they spend their matchdays on the bench.

We have 3 flair players in our squad, Milijas, Hammill and Guediora, i rest my case.

Do kightly, JOH and Fletch not count as flair players?

Lupo
09-02-2012, 18:30
Gued gone, egg on face and in possibly in team :mad:

ProudWolf
09-02-2012, 18:32

hahaha, $$$$ me that is comedy gold!

ProudWolf
09-02-2012, 18:35
Silly Mick should've realised that five choices ahead of Adlene were going to pick up injuries or suspensions in the space of a week or two!!
What was he thinking to loan out a 7th choice central midfield player who gives the ball away more than anybody I've ever seen!

Tony
09-02-2012, 18:43
Guediora isn't that good anymore which disappoints me because I liked him when he first came. He flatters to deceive I'm afraid and I think it's ta-ta to him for good! :wavey:

hristisenas
09-02-2012, 18:43
If eggbert starts on Sunday I will rip my seat out and launch the $$$$ing thing straight off micks head.

If eggbert starts on Sunday I won't be as upset as seeing Stearman at right back.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
09-02-2012, 19:05
hahaha, $$$$ me that is comedy gold!

Have to agree. I know some people have favourites but that statement is just weird.

sedgwolf1980
09-02-2012, 19:06
If eggbert starts on Sunday I won't be as upset as seeing Stearman at right back.

I totally agree!

Stearman RB, no o'hara, eggbert in the middle, frimpong has gone back.

I feel like crying. Please, please snow!!!!

JOSWolf
09-02-2012, 19:09
Silly Mick should've realised that five choices ahead of Adlene were going to pick up injuries or suspensions in the space of a week or two!!
What was he thinking to loan out a 7th choice central midfield player who gives the ball away more than anybody I've ever seen!

So eggy is better is he?
Not from what I have seen. In fact I would say Guedioura is better.
You also speak about our midfield players. Henry was already suspended, both Foley and Edwards have been injury prone this season and last in Edwards case, OHara was injured and is now injured again.
I would not have let Guedioura go out on loan till the end of the season but made it a shorter term deal. Imagine if he does really well there and we are crying out for a central midfielder. How frustrating will that be?!

Golden_Wolf
09-02-2012, 19:36
So eggy is better is he?
Not from what I have seen. In fact I would say Guedioura is better.
You also speak about our midfield players. Henry was already suspended, both Foley and Edwards have been injury prone this season and last in Edwards case, OHara was injured and is now injured again.
I would not have let Guedioura go out on loan till the end of the season but made it a shorter term deal. Imagine if he does really well there and we are crying out for a central midfielder. How frustrating will that be?!

You've hit the nail on the head.

Yes we've had bad luck with Manny's injury which couldn't have been forseen but like you said with Foles & Edwards, both have had injury problems these last couple years.

I'm surprised that the loan deal for Gued doesn't include a recall, which is one of the reasons why I believe the rumours of a bust up between the pair.

I'm not saying Gued is great or $$$$e (the fact is he's very hit & miss) but the fact is if we get down to the bare bones (like now) we're going to be playing sub standard players & players out of position.

If those 3 are out for Sunday I expect a midfield of Eggy, Nenad & Hunt. With Doyle & Jarvo out wide.

goldeneyed
09-02-2012, 19:44

7th choice? I think you have lost it. It makes me laugh how some here have suddenly turned Guedioura into a useless Championship player. You may remember our esteemed manager paid 2m for Guedioura's services and presumably rated him. A bad injury set him back. But he has talent to spare.

He can actually ATTACK from midfield rather than fannying around like many of our midfielders. His passing is no worse than many others in the team and at his best he can come up with penetrative passing not the 'playing safe' option others always adopt. He is far more creative than most. His biggest sin is he is a flair player and that is not allowed in the wonderful 'system' we have enjoyed with such great success this season. It may have been a good idea for him to get some regular football with Forest for a month but to be unable to re-call him is crazy. If he needs to be more disciplined in his role then it is up to the bloody coaqches to teach him but his natural enthusiasm and energy shouldn't be curbed.

It is idiotic to pretend that we have masses of midfield talent to choose from. Numbers don't equal quality in any case. If O'Hara is out for any length of time we are in BIG trouble again. Guedioura could easily have played a bigger part this season and whatever supposed deficiencies he has according to the experts on here he is in good company when you look at most of the other midfield players. Some real nonsense on this thread about him even by normal Mix standards.

goldeneyed
09-02-2012, 19:53

I couldn't care less about beating Mick with a stick, I care about us staying up. If the manager makes bad decisions and these are reflected by appalling results and performances then he deserves to be criticised like any other manager.

As mentioned elsewhere, loaning Guedioura out for a month to get him more match fit makes sense only if he can be re-called. To leave him out of the equation for the whole season is crazy considering the injury records of the likes of O'Hara and the departure of Frimpong, not to mention the disciplinary record of Henry and the inexperience of Eggy.

As to poor decisions made this season where do you start? The highlight for me was turning Ward into a central midfielder. But he has admitted himself that he has co$$$ed up on several occasions costing us vital points. We win a match against 10 men and suddenly MM is a great manager again. Pathetic.

Tony
09-02-2012, 19:56
Doesn't the fact that he was loaned out without recall tell you that he is no longer wanted! :alberteinstein:

JOSWolf
09-02-2012, 19:57
7th choice? I think you have lost it. It makes me laugh how some here have suddenly turned Guedioura into a useless Championship player. You may remember our esteemed manager paid 2m for Guedioura's services and presumably rated him. A bad injury set him back. But he has talent to spare.

He can actually ATTACK from midfield rather than fannying around like many of our midfielders. His passing is no worse than many others in the team and at his best he can come up with penetrative passing not the 'playing safe' option others always adopt. He is far more creative than most. His biggest sin is he is a flair player and that is not allowed in the wonderful 'system' we have enjoyed with such great success this season. It may have been a good idea for him to get some regular football with Forest for a month but to be unable to re-call him is crazy. If he needs to be more disciplined in his role then it is up to the bloody coaqches to teach him but his natural enthusiasm and energy shouldn't be curbed.

It is idiotic to pretend that we have masses of midfield talent to choose from. Numbers don't equal quality in any case. If O'Hara is out for any length of time we are in BIG trouble again. Guedioura could easily have played a bigger part this season and whatever supposed deficiencies he has according to the experts on here he is in good company when you look at most of the other midfield players. Some real nonsense on this thread about him even by normal Mix standards.

I fully agree. Well said!

goldeneyed
09-02-2012, 20:03
Midfield wise at the club we have:

Henry
O'Hara
Forde
Jarvis
Hunt
Kightly
Edwards
Milijas
Hammill
Kightly
The Egg

Thats 11 midfielders + the option of Foley. If the precautionary knocks everyone is $$$$ting themselves about carry through then expect a central three of:

The Egg, Hunt and Milijas with Forde on the bench.

Hammill, Kightly, Hunt, Forde and Jarvis are wide players. But it seems we have two players called Kightly according to you. Edwards, Foley and O'hara have had a lot of injury problems. Milijas having been ignored and earmarked for departure is hardly 'up for it'. The Egg is not ready. Henry has constant disciplinary problems. Suddenly the 'riches' we supposedly have in midfield turn to extreme poverty. Poor midfield equals relegation. Guedioura in that company should always have been in the mix and encouraged by the management not exported out for the rest of the season. With Frimpong long gone and O'Hara quite possibly having a longer term problem with his groin we look bereft in central midfield at the most crucial point in our season.

Golden_Wolf
09-02-2012, 20:09
Hammill, Kightly, Hunt, Forde and Jarvis are wide players. But it seems we have two players called Kightly according to you. Edwards, Foley and O'hara have had a lot of injury problems. Milijas having been ignored and earmarked for departure is hardly 'up for it'. The Egg is not ready. Henry has constant disciplinary problems. Suddenly the 'riches' we supposedly have in midfield turn to extreme poverty. Poor midfield equals relegation. Guedioura in that company should always have been in the mix and encouraged by the management not exported out for the rest of the season. With Frimpong long gone and O'Hara quite possibly having a longer term problem with his groin we look bereft in central midfield at the most crucial point in our season.

Constant?!?

goldeneyed
09-02-2012, 20:12
Doesn't the fact that he was loaned out without recall tell you that he is no longer wanted! :alberteinstein:

It tells me that the manager has assumed that he is not needed and that we have enough cover in central midfield. That is his call but with mounting injuries it looks a very bad call. There is also the small matter of the 2m that has been spent on him. Is this yet another MM transfer failure? It seems that if you are 'foreign' you don't have anything like as much of a chance as players who are part of the 'in crowd'.

Metal Wolf89
09-02-2012, 20:12
I think Guedioura is quality and has been way under used by mick....

goldeneyed
09-02-2012, 20:15
Constant?!?

He has had a lot of problems this season let's face it and his reputation rightly or wrongly has been badly tarnished.

Rhoswolf
09-02-2012, 20:16
This

He needs time to adapt

Sorry EW, but in my opinion he'll never adapt, a total waste of a signing and in our current position a complete waste of a shirt! Really hope to be proved wrong, but more chance of winning the euromillion draw tomorrow night!!!

Golden_Wolf
09-02-2012, 20:29
He has had a lot of problems this season let's face it and his reputation rightly or wrongly has been badly tarnished.

Problems this season?

Such as? 1 red card & the 7 yellows? (not sure how this relates to previous seasons) but I'm pretty sure, whatever problems have been this season, they aren't "constant"disciplinary problems.

But I suppose I can see where you're coming from.

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 20:35
What is for sure is that Gued brings out wildly different views!!!!

HowfenWolf
09-02-2012, 20:49
The club submitted a list of 24 players on 2nd feb when they could've submitted 25.
To release one of the 24 on loan less than 7 days later is bordering on madness. The squad is paper thin - several of the remaining 23 are carrying significant injuries. Some of the combinations being bandied about would be good enough for the chumpionship, but they don't measure up at premier league level.

JOSWolf
09-02-2012, 20:49
I think Guedioura is quality and has been way under used by mick....

So do I.

scottishwolf II
09-02-2012, 21:27
] several of the remaining 23 are carrying significant injuries.

Could you name the several members of the 23 carrying significant injuries?

Seems to me more like we have a few players carrying some minor injuries?

ProudWolf
09-02-2012, 21:35
7th choice? .

Yes 7th choice, probably eighth in Mick's eyes.

Henry, Frimpong, O'Hara, Edwards, Foley, Milijas all ahead and all more relaible. I've seen Guedioura in reserve and Carling Cup games and he is average, the odd flash of brilliance but consistantly giving the ball away. He is not a kid and should be someone to rely on by the age he is now.

JOSWolf
09-02-2012, 21:37
Could you name the several members of the 23 carrying significant injuries?

Seems to me more like we have a few players carrying some minor injuries?

We also have quite a few injury prone players. Edwards, Zubar, Ebanks Blake, Craddock, Foley, OHara and Kites.

JOSWolf
09-02-2012, 21:40
Yes 7th choice, probably eighth in Mick's eyes.

Henry, Frimpong, O'Hara, Edwards, Foley, Milijas all ahead and all more relaible. I've seen Guedioura in reserve and Carling Cup games and he is average, the odd flash of brilliance but consistantly giving the ball away. He is not a kid and should be someone to rely on by the age he is now.

The trouble is OHara, Edwards and Foley are all injury prone and I disagree with you on Guedioura. I personally think that given a run of games in central midfield he would do very well. He has never had a run of games in his prefered position. I will be watching with great interest to see how he does at Forest.

Lupo
09-02-2012, 21:49
Agree with you there JOS.

One of the major downsides of Mick's dependence on Henry in DCM (paticularly the first name on the teamsheet whatever policy) has been that other midfielders have never had the opportunity to have a run in the team, namely Gued and Milijas, and so he has not been able to develop a trust in them to perform over time, so when they do come into the team, they are doing it 'cold'.

ProudWolf
09-02-2012, 21:56
The trouble is OHara, Edwards and Foley are all injury prone and I disagree with you on Guedioura. I personally think that given a run of games in central midfield he would do very well. He has never had a run of games in his prefered position. I will be watching with great interest to see how he does at Forest.

Every player is injury prone, some more than others. You can't legistalte for four picking up injuries within a week!
The reason Gued has never had a proper run is probably due to his performances in training and in reserve and cup games which are inconsistant at best.

Golden_Wolf
09-02-2012, 21:57
Every player is injury prone, some more than others. You can't legistalte for four picking up injuries within a week!
The reason Gued has never had a proper run is probably due to his performances in training and in reserve and cup games which are inconsistant at best.

And that once you get on MM's bad side; you're a goner lol.

JOSWolf
09-02-2012, 21:57

We will see how he does at Forest with a manager who will hopefully give him a run of games in his prefered position.

OoohRobbieRobbie
09-02-2012, 22:00

Totally agree.

singwolf_1
10-02-2012, 01:33
Agree with you there JOS.

One of the major downsides of Mick's dependence on Henry in DCM (paticularly the first name on the teamsheet whatever policy) has been that other midfielders have never had the opportunity to have a run in the team, namely Gued and Milijas, and so he has not been able to develop a trust in them to perform over time, so when they do come into the team, they are doing it 'cold'.

Spot on. Thats exactly what I was going to say. And case i point is Milijas - was going great after a slow start on his reintroduction to the team until THAT red card. And now he's starting cold again.

Nothing like playing week-in and week-out.

mikic
10-02-2012, 11:29
I couldn't care less about beating Mick with a stick, I care about us staying up. If the manager makes bad decisions and these are reflected by appalling results and performances then he deserves to be criticised like any other manager.

As mentioned elsewhere, loaning Guedioura out for a month to get him more match fit makes sense only if he can be re-called. To leave him out of the equation for the whole season is crazy considering the injury records of the likes of O'Hara and the departure of Frimpong, not to mention the disciplinary record of Henry and the inexperience of Eggy.

As to poor decisions made this season where do you start? The highlight for me was turning Ward into a central midfielder. But he has admitted himself that he has co$$$ed up on several occasions costing us vital points. We win a match against 10 men and suddenly MM is a great manager again. Pathetic.

Couldnt agree more

Sharples
10-02-2012, 11:40
How many people have said MM is a great manager because of the win @ QPR?

welshy
10-02-2012, 13:39

Pretty much agree with most of that.

welshy
10-02-2012, 13:49
What is for sure is that Gued brings out wildly different views!!!!

Along with the forest fans :D

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30505&page=7

Sharples
10-02-2012, 14:03

Gives the ball away too much, has good energy but rarely makes the right decisions when in possession. He's Dave Edwards with a fancy turn, but doesnt have Edwards positional sense.

In two words: You're wrong. :cool:

JOSWolf
10-02-2012, 14:08
Gives the ball away too much, has good energy but rarely makes the right decisions when in possession. He's Dave Edwards with a fancy turn, but doesnt have Edwards positional sense.

In your opinion he's wrong. In my opinion he's right!

Sharples
10-02-2012, 14:19

:p

Does he keep possession? How many goals has he created? Whats his shot to goal ratio? Just read the Forest forums for an analysis: "Like him, tries things, shoots alot, out of position too many times etc"

In The Premier League you will get pillaged week in week out if you play like that. Thats why he isnt a regular and that is why he has been loaned out.

Hopefully he'll come back with a better football brain.

Big Saft Kid
10-02-2012, 14:22

And in mine. The lad has never been given a run in his proper position (he ain't a right winger, FFS). The stupidity of the no-recall clause could really cost us.

OLDGOLD
10-02-2012, 20:04
Seems our Adlene is a bit marmite....

Me, I like him..... I like the fact that unlike most of the team he will run a t opponents and have a shot. At least it is more exciting to watch than most of the other pap we have had to watch. Yes his tackling can be a bit mistimed and his passing has its moments, but as a run at them midfielder he is a great option. If we are looking for a passing option, then pick Milijas, but of course he can't get a game either......

WonderWolf
10-02-2012, 20:10
TBH I don't know what Gueds is about at the minute but I remember his great tackle and drive forward for our goal against Everton away last season quite fondly. His play though against Man City in the cup was utterly crap!

Has he lost it or has he never had 'it?'

Edgmond Wolf
10-02-2012, 20:38
He is raw

Not been the same since he broke his leg

A run in a side where he is playing every week will do him good

welshy
11-02-2012, 15:03
From a forest fan.

Are you watching Lewis? Guedioura showing you how it's done!!!

306NOTOUT
11-02-2012, 15:05
My forest mate said he was playing at a different level to the reset of the team on his debut

Essex Wolf
11-02-2012, 15:06
I'd like to think this loan spell will seen Guedioura return and remain at Wolves.

I know he hasn't played that great when given the chance but that could be said of several players this season.

He has ability and determination but just needs to be more consistent and disciplined.

Hopefully his time at Forest will be of benefit to Wolves.

Hollywood_wolf
And in mine. The lad has never been given a run in his proper position (he ain't a right winger, FFS). The stupidity of the no-recall clause could really cost us.

To play all the players you want given a chance we would be playing rugby union

welshy
Quite a few comments on the matchday thread about Gued, all positive.

Paul76
11-02-2012, 15:07
Who needs Gued when we've got the Egg?

JOSWolf
11-02-2012, 15:08
Not surprised one bit that Guedioura is doing well today.

Essex Wolf
11-02-2012, 15:10
Who needs Gued when we've got the Egg?

You're joking yes?

Even with Guedioura out on loan and Henry suspended I'd be disappointed to see Jonsson start tomorrow.

I really do want to see any and all Wolves players do well but he doesn't look ready for the PL yet.

WonderWolf
11-02-2012, 15:11
If you want to 'track' how Gueds is playing you can do on the BBC live text commentary of the game on their site.

He has been taking most of the free-kicks and corners whilst giving some kicks away too....he's been busy.

JOSWolf
11-02-2012, 15:13
You're joking yes?

Even with Guedioura out on loan and Henry suspended I'd be disappointed to see Jonsson start tomorrow.

I really do want to see any and all Wolves players do well but he doesn't look ready for the PL yet.

I still keep asking myself why did we sign Jonsson?
Even more annoying that he has replaced Guedioura in the squad.
Who would you prefer to see playing tomorrow?
Guedioura or Jonsson?

Loyal Wolves Loyal
11-02-2012, 17:19
Their fans love him heard their talk show on BBC Notts say hes "Imence"

goldeneyed
11-02-2012, 17:27

You are entitled to your opinion but you are convincing noone. As if all our other midfield players are good at keeping possession! He has that bit of class you need in the Premiership, the likes of Edwards unfortunately doesn't. Like Milijas he has been played in fits and starts and normally in the wrong position.

Any player needs a run in the team to get up to speed. I'm not saying he doesn't need to improve aspects of his game. But I am saying it is crazy to eliminate him from the squad for the rest of the season when you look at the poverty of our choices in central midfield following Frimpong's departure. Gued even with his 'imperfections' is the perfect impact player to bring on in the last quarter of a game. If you can't see that you know very little about football. Just watch what happens if O'Hara gets injured again. We will be in big trouble.

PeteWolf
11-02-2012, 17:33
http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30815

Ulver
11-02-2012, 17:36
Hopefully Adlene can play every game for the rest of the season as if he gets regular games and his confidence back then I think he can be a useful player for us. I always think that with the short sub appearances he often tries to hard to impress and ends up making mistakes.

welshy
11-02-2012, 17:46
He's not had a run of games in 2 and half seasons, watch his true class come out.

Sad thing is even if he is imense for the rest of the season, we will either sell him him or bring him back to sit on the bench.

Burton Wolf
11-02-2012, 17:49
He's not had a run of games in 2 and half seasons, watch his true class come out.

Sad thing is even if he is imense for the rest of the season, we will either sell him him or bring him back to sit on the bench.

Nah he'll play regular first team for us in the chump.

welshy
11-02-2012, 17:50
Nah he'll play regular first team for us in the chump.

Nah Mick will stick with Henry and Eggy in the centre, he will get the odd game when Henry is suspended. :p

Burton Wolf
11-02-2012, 17:56
Nah Mick will stick with Henry and Eggy in the centre, he will get the odd game when Henry is suspended. :p

Nah Mick will sign Eggy when he gets the job at Hearts next season.

JOSWolf
11-02-2012, 18:22

The thought of Henry and Eggy together in midfield is the stuff of nightmares. See Birmingham away in the FA cup as an example of how bad it would be!

JOSWolf
11-02-2012, 18:24
http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30815

Just sums it up. He should be here with us getting a run of games in central midfield. Instead we've got Eggy!

welshy
11-02-2012, 18:26
The thought of Henry and Eggy together in midfield is the stuff of nightmares. See Birmingham away in the FA cup as an example of how bad it would be!

Get used to the idea pal, it will cushion the blow.