View Full Version : Hodgson for England

Oaky65
09-02-2012, 09:29
3rd favourite apparently
It would leave the tescos in the $$$$ if he went

WonderWolf
09-02-2012, 09:34
Why isn't anyone suggesting Mick for the role?.:D

English born with loads of experience....could do a job!

Tony
09-02-2012, 09:37
Hodgson for England! Deary me!

Roy Hodgson Headbanging - YouTube

Sharples
09-02-2012, 09:37
What has Hodgson achieved to get linked?! Bloody dire!!

Tony
09-02-2012, 09:41

Mick McCarthy is ticking the Irish Ethnicity Box in the Census - YouTube

wolf of sedgley
09-02-2012, 09:49
What has Hodgson achieved to get linked?! Bloody dire!!

Maybe leaving Albion without a competent manager is the key point here?:D

WonderWolf
09-02-2012, 09:50
Mick McCarthy is ticking the Irish Ethnicity Box in the Census - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiIf1RGNHRM)

It's closer than Italian, to be sure. :D

So is he more proud to be Irish or from Yorkshire?

Tony
09-02-2012, 09:53
It's closer than Italian, to be sure. :D

So is he more proud to be Irish or from Yorkshire?
I think he's been quoted as saying he'd like to manage a national team again but I presumed he meant N.I. !:D

Sharples
09-02-2012, 09:55

I know on here it is but he's hardly set the world alight with Album. We beat them on Sunday and they are 2 points ahead of us!! Hardly revolutionary.

He's third favourite??! Im throwing my hat into the ringe for the job.

Oaky65
09-02-2012, 10:06

Exactly

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 10:12
Sorry but am I the only one who finds Hodgeson's interviews as boringa swatching paint dry??

Do I want him near the England job not in my lifetime I dont!!

Oaky65
09-02-2012, 10:17
Sorry but am I the only one who finds Hodgeson's interviews as boringa swatching paint dry??

Neither do i but i would love the tescos to be left in the $$$$ !

Essex Wolf
09-02-2012, 10:18

What a fantastic idea and solves a lot of problems in one go.

And seeing as I'm not as interested in the international team as I used to be then when they play dire football I won't care.:D

Mattyeagle
09-02-2012, 10:30
They are already in the $$$$ and if Hodgson left and a new manager came in It would probably have a better effect On the team!! If we beat them sun think he will take them down

Oaky65
09-02-2012, 10:41
They are already in the $$$$ and if Hodgson left and a new manager came in It would probably have a better effect On the team!! If we beat them sun think he will take them down

Lets hope you are right

andyc225
09-02-2012, 11:15
But he's done so much hard work in dragging the Boggies toward relegation! Who would take over this important job?

kennyB
09-02-2012, 11:18
Either West Brom or England can have McCarthy for me!

FLEET WOLF
09-02-2012, 11:22

Do you mean Sun as in the newspaper? I wouldn't base too much on what they have to say about anything!

Sedgley Gold N Black
09-02-2012, 11:26
Mick's one of the few that has international experience!

Mattyeagle
09-02-2012, 11:40
No I mean Sunday lol

IrchyWolf
09-02-2012, 11:42

And Sir Alf's and Walter Winterbottom's interviews were so compelling? Is that really a criterion for selection as England manager now? No wonder 'Arry is the runaway favourite. Talks a good game. What has 'Arry won in comparison to Hodgson?

Streathamwolf
09-02-2012, 12:39
And Sir Alf's and Walter Winterbottom's interviews were so compelling? Is that really a criterion for selection as England manager now? No wonder 'Arry is the runaway favourite. Talks a good game. What has 'Arry won in comparison to Hodgson?

This. Sometimes the criteria for football management are as deep as the X Factor judges! That said, I do think Hodgson has had his day and Harry is the best option for Wolves, with Mick going to the England job. :eek:

Vietnam Wolf
09-02-2012, 13:08
Keeping to the Roy theme - I seriously think Roy Cropper from Corrie would do a better job than Woy. Being married to a transvestite, and a man of obvious strong moral fibre [not to mention the ability to cook good fried dinners] he'd soon sort out the dysfunctional [allegedly racist, sexist, philandering, etc] behaviour of the likes of Terry, Cole, Lampard, Rooney, Ferdinand et al. With proper nutrition from 'Roys Rolls' those flaky primadonnas might show a bit more $$$$ing fight and bottle.

Brandons gramps
09-02-2012, 13:11
More likely to be
Harry -> England
Roy -> Spurs

Surely?

andyc225
09-02-2012, 13:20
Woy would go down like the Costa Concordia at Spurs.

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 13:55

He's teams are boring to watch too

Fa Cup, Champions League football, top 4 football.....

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 13:58

Space Wolf posted these on another thread

Amazing to think that the last English manager to win the First Division was Howard Wilkinson 20 years ago.

Sir Bobby Robson was the last one to win a European trophy in 1997.

Only three English managers have ever managed in the group stages of the Champions League. Ray Harford, Sir Bobby Robson and Harry Redknapp.

Since 1990 only three English managers have won the FA Cup. Terry Venables, Joe Royle and Harry Redknapp.

Since 2000, only two English managers have ever finished in the top 4 of the Premier League. Sir Bobby Robson and Harry Redknapp.

Mick McCarthy was the last English manager to manage at a major finals in 2002.
Dont see Woys name above do you??

Like I said he is like watching paint dry and is interviews are boring

IrchyWolf
09-02-2012, 14:36
Space Wolf posted these on another thread

Amazing to think that the last English manager to win the First Division was Howard Wilkinson 20 years ago.

Sir Bobby Robson was the last one to win a European trophy in 1997.

Only three English managers have ever managed in the group stages of the Champions League. Ray Harford, Sir Bobby Robson and Harry Redknapp.

Since 1990 only three English managers have won the FA Cup. Terry Venables, Joe Royle and Harry Redknapp.

Since 2000, only two English managers have ever finished in the top 4 of the Premier League. Sir Bobby Robson and Harry Redknapp.

Mick McCarthy was the last English manager to manage at a major finals in 2002.

Dont see Woys name above do you??

Like I said he is like watching paint dry and is interviews are boring

World Cup experience. Got the Swiss to their first World Cup for over thirty years. Got Finland to their highest ever UEFA ranking at #33.

Serie A experience with a very weak Inter team, getting them to a UEFA Cup Final. 5 successful years with Malmo. When Woy was sacked, if you compare Dalglish's record at the same point of the season, after spending all that lovely lolly on Carroll etc, Dalglish's record was only a single point better.

Of course the Premier League is the only thing that ever matters. It must be so, because Sky say so. This being the case, apart from enjoying home advantage during Euro 1996, why has the English team's record been so bloody appalling during its existence?

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 14:59
World Cup experience. Got the Swiss to their first World Cup for over thirty years. Got Finland to their highest ever UEFA ranking at #33.

Serie A experience with a very weak Inter team, getting them to a UEFA Cup Final. 5 successful years with Malmo. When Woy was sacked, if you compare Dalglish's record at the same point of the season, after spending all that lovely lolly on Carroll etc, Dalglish's record was only a single point better.

Of course the Premier League is the only thing that ever matters. It must be so, because Sky say so. This being the case, apart from enjoying home advantage during Euro 1996, why has the English team's record been so bloody appalling during its existence?

All good points about Woy, still want Harry though as I think he is best able to inspire the players

wolfjc
10-02-2012, 10:06
they are very interesting points to be fair! I still find him boring though to be honest, himself and the football he plays. Redknapp is a dead cert though!

Sharples
10-02-2012, 11:01

So he's good when there is little expectancy?

Whats he ever won?