PDA

View Full Version : Capello Resigns

306NOTOUT
08-02-2012, 18:25
What Next?

andyc225
08-02-2012, 18:25
Bye bye Postman Pat. Thanks for Jarvo's call up.

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 18:27
HAha wow epic Twitter is going mad

Harry Redknapp part time?

Jamesjh89
08-02-2012, 18:28
Good, i hate everything to do with the england team. Get an english manager in whos passionate and introduces fresh blood

Bull Army
08-02-2012, 18:29
Blimey. Had a thought this would happen. Pearce for the Euros then?

StefanWolves
Finally England can move on.

Harry Redknapp should pick up where he left off. Then after the Euros introduce the next generation.

PumpKing
Spurs fans must be bricking it.

Edgmond Wolf
08-02-2012, 18:30
Great news!!!!!!

andyc225
08-02-2012, 18:31
I'll pick up an England friendly ticket now. :D

Metal Wolf89
08-02-2012, 18:32
Best news I have heard all day.

Bull Army
08-02-2012, 18:33
No way Harry is going to leave Spurs at this point in the season, and where they are. Pearce and A.N.Other for the Euros, then Harry next season.

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 18:33
Best news I have heard all day.

All year (the whole 1 month and a bit of it :p)

306NOTOUT
08-02-2012, 18:35
Harry part time as Spurs nearly have 3rd sealed and then he will be full time in the summer

Dan dingle
08-02-2012, 18:35
$$$$in great

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 18:37
Harry part time as Spurs nearly have 3rd sealed and then he will be full time in the summer

This

westside wolf
Please not Pearce. Literally the only positive thing about him as a manager or coach is the fact he's English. He's already failed to do anything with the English youngsters at U21 level and he's basically unproven as a manager at any level. Has to be Harry, no-one else worth a shout.

Inky
Great news, time for Stuart Pierce to step up to the plate?

Timberwolf
08-02-2012, 18:38
The man was a goon. Glad he's gone. Anyone who sticks by that $$$$ Terry is $$$$ing $$$$$!

George Berry's Afro
08-02-2012, 18:39
Mick for England? :D

Ulver
08-02-2012, 18:40
Good, i hate everything to do with the england team. Get an english manager in whos passionate and introduces fresh blood

Look at how many new players Capello introduced. Far, far more than the idiot Englishman who preceded him.

Pearce is a rubbish manager. I really don't think he has the tactical nous at this level. Nice guy and great with helping the kids develop but no more than that.

wolf97
08-02-2012, 18:42
Could Redknapp do a dual job with Spurs and England until the end of the season and then decide his loyalties? Just a thought.

Oxford Wolf
08-02-2012, 18:43
Going to the Holland game at the end of the month, looking forward to it even more now

Inky
08-02-2012, 18:44
With Spurs riding high I don't think Levy would let Redknap go.

Jamesjh89
08-02-2012, 18:44
Look at how many new players Capello introduced. Far, far more than the idiot Englishman who preceded him.

Pearce is a rubbish manager. I really don't think he has the tactical nous at this level. Nice guy and great with helping the kids develop but no more than that.

Ye im not saying get somebody in who introduces new players because capello didnt. Im saying new players need to replace the likes of terry, lampard ferdinand and co and start building for the future now.

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 18:45
Please not Pearce. Literally the only positive thing about him as a manager or coach is the fact he's English. He's already failed to do anything with the English youngsters at U21 level and he's basically unproven as a manager at any level. Has to be Harry, no-one else worth a shout.

Only non English managers I'd consider are Hiddink and Mourinho.

Jamesjh89
Could Redknapp do a dual job with Spurs and England until the end of the season and then decide his loyalties? Just a thought.

Bloody hell he only recently came out of hospital u cant expect him to do 2 jobs haha

Oldgold Wolfcub
Good for Capello. At least he has some principles even if you buggars dont agree with him. The FA like most things they do handled it badly.
The irony is that Capello leaves at a time when the spirit of the team is much stronger as opposed to being backed all the way by the FA when things were abysmal.

wolf97
08-02-2012, 18:48
Bloody hell he only recently came out of hospital u cant expect him to do 2 jobs haha

It's only a few friendlies until the end of the season. And then he'd be just England at the Euros and then he could decide between Spuds and England.

Michellis
08-02-2012, 18:49
Great news. Cappello was an idiot who commanded little respect and clearly felt very uneasy in the job. He can't even speak English, let alone manage the England team.
Get Arry in asap.

Not that I'm in the least bit interested in the England football team mind.

Waggy's Boots
08-02-2012, 18:49
Clearly we need a recall for Hoddle ;-)

306NOTOUT
08-02-2012, 18:50
Or give it Mourinho til the end of the Euro's with a massive bonus if he won it, you just know he probably would aswell!!

Berlin Wolf
08-02-2012, 18:51

Mick who?:D

she wolf
08-02-2012, 18:52
I would imagine Stuart Pierce will be concentrating on the olympics.

Bull Army
08-02-2012, 18:52

Not that I want Pearce, but the FA's hands will be tied, unless Harry agrees to take over right away, even on a part time basis. But I don't think he will, but if he accepts after Euro 2012, they'll have to make an interim appointment, which rules out poaching someone from a club. And with Pearce being part of Capello's team as well as the U21 coach, he'll be the head honcho at Euro 2012, possibly working alongside someone with more international experience, probably foreign.

wolf97
08-02-2012, 18:53
Or give it Mourinho til the end of the Euro's with a massive bonus if he won it, you just know he probably would aswell!!

He's foreign. I do not want a foreigner and I'm sure a few million others don't either.

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 18:54
He's foreign. I do not want a foreigner and I'm sure a few million others don't either.

So you'd say no to Hiddink?

We would be silly not to consider him.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
08-02-2012, 18:54

like Kevin Keegan you mean...............................

Mark Rankines Lovechild
08-02-2012, 18:55

Who's the outstanding English Manager then....I don't see one?

Hiddink is a very good option

kinyo298
08-02-2012, 18:57
England need to rebuild and get a fresh approach to our football.Stick in a young English manager who will be in charge for a number of years.Eddie Howe perhaps.

306NOTOUT

No chance, the FA have said the next manager must be able to speak English :rolleyes:

shaygriff
Is Svennis still free? ;)

306NOTOUT
08-02-2012, 18:58

Only for this tournament and then get Arry in

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 18:59
This is what will 100% happen

Harry part time manager until May, makes Scott Parker captain, Harry goes full time after May, Mourinho goes to Spurs in the summer.

You all know it's a dead cert.

306NOTOUT
Is Svennis still free? ;)

Ken Bates said today he has applied for the Leeds job:D

Berlin Wolf

Then Bully and Gazza it is then. At least they talk and drink like us.:D

ice cream head
This is excellent news. I've never liked the spitter being in charge. Now England can get a motivator in, a better man manager who will hopefully pick a team that's more than the sum of it's parts. Redknapp is the obvious choice. Perhaps he can go part time until the end of the season and then takeover fully for the Euro's?

wolf97
08-02-2012, 19:02
Who's the outstanding English Manager then....I don't see one?

Hiddink is a very good option

Redknapp? Pardew possibly? Woy?

TBH I wouldn't mind Hiddink at all, excellent experience on international level.

Only for this tournament and then get Arry in

Fair enough.

In fact, Hiddink and Mourinho are the only two foreigners I'd consider, as a last resort.

SimplyTheWolves
08-02-2012, 19:04
Superb news!
I only hope we now get a manager that actually picks a squad through merit rather than through media hype.

Come on England.

SmokeyGB
08-02-2012, 19:05
Well, lets be honest, Fabio Capello isn't the first Italian to abandon a sinking ship.

Harry set free and same day Italian Stallion is sent packing...
Something smells fishy as as dodgy seaman just coming ashore after 6 months at sea.

wolf97
08-02-2012, 19:06
Well, lets be honest, Fabio Capello isn't the first Italian to abandon a sinking ship.

Harry set free and same day Italian Stallion is sent packing...
Something smells fishy as as dodgy seaman just coming ashore after 6 months at sea.

As has been said, the FA bribed the jury! :D :wavey:

Seasider
08-02-2012, 19:06
Glad he's gone. Could never accept a man who spat at our keeper.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
08-02-2012, 19:07

TBH I wouldn't mind Hiddink at all, excellent experience on international level.

Fair enough.

In fact, Hiddink and Mourinho are the only two foreigners I'd consider, as a last resort.

What's outstanding about any of them. None have won anything, Pardew inherited Chris Hughtons team...Woy....ask Albion fans if they think he is outsanding.

Mind you Woy wins $$$$ all games at home but is ok away so a tournament abroad could really suit him :D

wolf97
08-02-2012, 19:08
What's outstanding about any of them. None have won anything, Pardew inherited Chris Hughtons team...Woy....ask Albion fans if they think he is outsanding.

Mind you Woy wins $$$$ all games at home but is ok away so a tournament abroad could really suit him :D

I mean they are the English candidates that stand out.

And yes, a trip abroad could suit our ole Woy! :D

Chisels_n_ommers
08-02-2012, 19:11
John Terry, player manager

Mark Rankines Lovechild
08-02-2012, 19:15
John Terry, player manager

With wayne bridge as Assistant Manager and Joey Barton as team blogger

Berlin Wolf
08-02-2012, 19:18
Can I be the first to suggest Ian Holloway...

Ginger Chimp
08-02-2012, 19:23

No. It was suggested this morning, on Talksport, at about 08.33. By a caller.

WonderWolf
08-02-2012, 19:26
Glad he's gone. Could never accept a man who spat at our keeper.

:D... Do you hang on to grudges by nature?

Lupo
08-02-2012, 19:27

At least we'd have some fun then.

-MTW-
08-02-2012, 19:35
Can I be the first to suggest Neil Warnock. He's available and English.

Que the McKenroe responses......You cannot be serious....

UEAwolf
08-02-2012, 19:37
Great news. Cappello was an idiot who commanded little respect and clearly felt very uneasy in the job. He can't even speak English, let alone manage the England team.
Get Arry in asap.

Not that I'm in the least bit interested in the England football team mind.

I think Capello's grasp of the English language is superior to Redknapp's!

Mister Rabbit
08-02-2012, 19:38
You know, tournament football is not the same as qualifying football. Sven was great at the latter, not so good when it came to the summer.

I'd sound Sir Alex Ferguson out, to see if he fancies another crack at a tournament on a one off basis. Terry should do the right thing and remove his divisive presence from the scene.

Boss Hogg
08-02-2012, 19:46
Set up nicely for Hoddle to take us through the tournament with Harry from August

ice cream head
08-02-2012, 19:53
Terry should do the right thing and remove his divisive presence from the scene.

I agree, he should. However, do you think he will?

Ulver
08-02-2012, 19:54
Mourinho?

MonkeySpanner
08-02-2012, 19:55
WOW.....where have I been? Only just seen the news.

Will it be declared as a national Holliday in England now? :D

Mister Rabbit
08-02-2012, 19:57
I agree, he should. However, do you think he will?

No - he would have done so before now. This is a golden opportunity to treat the tournament as a one off.

Ginger Chimp
08-02-2012, 20:01
We need someone with a proven track record of getting under performing teams and players playing to their strengths and capabilities whilst being able to build a strong team spirit and work ethic.

Who actually fits that bill? Ferguson? Wenger? Redknapp? Allardyce?

Do any of those? Does anybody else?

Seasider
08-02-2012, 20:03
:D... Do you hang on to grudges by nature?

Nah...not me guv... ;)

Scott.Cooper
08-02-2012, 20:07
Gazza has taken a break from his fishing for an interview on SSN.

He's ruled himself out of the job as he's too busy and has suggested Redknapp or Venables.

cooper_J
08-02-2012, 20:09
Capello has had his say:

"They really insulted me and damaged my authority. What really hit me and forced me to take this decision was the fact the much-vaunted Anglo-Saxon sense of justice, as they are the first to claim that everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

In Terry's case, they gravely offended me and damaged my authority at the head of the England side, effectively creating a problem for the squad. I have never tolerated certain crossing of lines, so it was easy for me to spot it and take my decision to leave."

In fairness to him, I'm not sure how much my principles are worth but £6 million might have me thinking.

BoltonWolf
08-02-2012, 20:21
hiddink until after euros...then an english manager

BlahBlah
08-02-2012, 20:27
Capello has had his say:

"They really insulted me and damaged my authority. What really hit me and forced me to take this decision was the fact the much-vaunted Anglo-Saxon sense of justice, as they are the first to claim that everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

In Terry's case, they gravely offended me and damaged my authority at the head of the England side, effectively creating a problem for the squad. I have never tolerated certain crossing of lines, so it was easy for me to spot it and take my decision to leave."

In fairness to him, I'm not sure how much my principles are worth but £6 million might have me thinking.

What a turd. This was the bloke who came in promising not to be swayed in his team choices and pick players on merit....and then did exactly the same as his predecessor and resorted to picking the same over-rated players.
He presided over a terrible world cup, then has made the same mistakes since.
This is the bloke who promised discipline and has failed to deal with virtually every problem thrown at him.
Good riddance.....he talked a good game but didn't play it.

Scott.Cooper
08-02-2012, 20:31
It has to be Redknapp part time and then Full time at the end of the season.

I'd b happy to forfeit the Euros on the basis he brings the youngsters through (Smallng, Jones, Cahill, Walker etc) and with the tournament experience under their belt takes them two years older and wiser into Brazil.

I'd genuinely believe we had a chance of becoming World Champions then.

xbomber
08-02-2012, 20:36
Hodgson for England! Think we need to chant this Sunday.

WonderWolf
08-02-2012, 20:36
Capello has had his say:

Crapello has an exit opportunity handed to him and has bailed out....we are $$$$ and he knows it.

ice cream head
08-02-2012, 20:39
Hopefully, players like Micah Richards, Phil Jones and Ledley King will become permanent fixtures in the team when the new man is appointed. Richards in particular has been criminally under used up to now.

Bankswolf II
08-02-2012, 20:39
God this $$$$ing brilliant news
A truly terrible manager who has made me really think about whether its worth supporting england

One terrible world cup where we as a nation got the big wake up call that has been coming for ages, He takes Terrys captaincy armband for one accusation of cheating but will let him keep it over serious claims about racism, Give me a break!

His tactics are non existent, his methods old fashioned and he has dragged out countless embarrassing dramas with his alliance to Terry truly mystifying, he (terry) has done no favours either dragging the england team into the mud over his own self importance,

I dont care if the new england manager is english, italian french hell he can be from bloody pluto for all I care as long as he puts talented youngsters ahead of over inflated egos and has us playing again like the germans or the spanish aside from the french we have been a laughing stock of world football

Scott.Cooper
08-02-2012, 20:46
...yet he had a better win ratio than any other England Manager in History!

MonkeySpanner
08-02-2012, 20:48
Arry to England, Murino to Totenham.

WonderWolf
08-02-2012, 20:52
Arry to England, Murino to Totenham.

Won't happen till he has won La Liga.

MonkeySpanner
08-02-2012, 20:58
Won't happen till he has won La Liga.

This season then. He's already made it known he wants back to England.

SouthBankHobbs
08-02-2012, 21:05
Hopefully, players like Micah Richards, Phil Jones and Ledley King will become permanent fixtures in the team when the new man is appointed. Richards in particular has been criminally under used up to now.

I really like Richards but also like Walker too and don't know which one I'd pick at right back?

WonderWolf
08-02-2012, 21:07
This season then. He's already made it known he wants back to England.

Yes. He will do it this season.

He always 'talks' from a position of strength...did it in Italy too.

If 'arry goes now, who will take over?...Benitez?

Chisels_n_ommers
08-02-2012, 21:10
Funny how Capello gets offended 4 months from the finishing line, £23 million the richer.

I wonder if he'd have been as moralistic 4 months into his contract.

OldWolvesfart
08-02-2012, 21:11
Sven wants Arry, Warnock wants Arry I want Arry.
Serve us all right if he says no thanks.

Metal Wolf89
08-02-2012, 21:12
I really like Richards but also like Walker too and don't know which one I'd pick at right back?

Richards for experience as walker is talented but still raw....

Ponty
08-02-2012, 21:14
English Wolves fans can now claim to have been the happiest ever on hearing of resignations for both club and country.

Good riddance.

Whatever happens with England between now and the end of the season is irrelevant. Innocent Harry is the man to lead us in the Euros. He knows all the players well, in fact he probably put bids in for half of them on transfer deadline day, and will get them playing without fear. IF Harry gets the job I will feel more optimistic about our chances of success than at any time in the last 20 years!

OldWolvesfart
08-02-2012, 21:15
Knowing the FA it has to be somebody unlikely and probably not quite up to the job so step up ROY KEANE

OldWolvesfart
08-02-2012, 21:16
English Wolves fans can now claim to have been the happiest ever on hearing of resignations for both club and country.

Good riddance.

Whatever happens with England between now and the end of the season is irrelevant. Innocent Harry is the man to lead us in the Euros. He knows all the players well, in fact he probably put bids in for half of them on transfer deadline day, and will get them playing without fear. IF Harry gets the job I will feel more optimistic about our chances of success than at any time in the last 20 years!

I'll clap to that :congrats:

MonkeySpanner
08-02-2012, 21:19
Yes. He will do it this season.

He always 'talks' from a position of strength...did it in Italy too.

If 'arry goes now, who will take over?...Benitez?

For RM, those are the rumours.

Hollywood_wolf
08-02-2012, 21:21
An Italian deserting a sinking ship? Who'd have thought it?

Edgmond Wolf
08-02-2012, 21:22
Sven wants Arry, Warnock wants Arry I want Arry.
Serve us all right if he says no thanks.

Martin O Neil and Rooney both want Arry

sc91
08-02-2012, 21:28
'Arry will be a massive disaster in my honest opinion. He's a wheeler dealer and has zero track record at an international level, combined with the fact that we'd most likely see an old guard playing rather then the much needed youth with him at the helm. Either way if it takes it, he'll come out of it smelling of roses.

Tring Wolf
08-02-2012, 21:32
Everything really has worked out Rosey (47) for Harry today hasn't it...

Personally think O'Neill would be a decent alternative...

PeteWolf
08-02-2012, 21:44
Won't post the picture here because of the swear filter, but worth a giggle!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/431072_10150668803135774_746525773_11299382_173638 960_n.jpg

Ponty
08-02-2012, 21:47
'Arry will be a massive disaster in my honest opinion. He's a wheeler dealer and has zero track record at an international level, combined with the fact that we'd most likely see an old guard playing rather then the much needed youth with him at the helm. Either way if it takes it, he'll come out of it smelling of roses.

How many managers have a track record at international level? It's totally irrelevant. Wheeling and dealing will be replaced with selecting players who can bring something different to the team.

Many players have played the best football of their career's under Harry - just look how he turned Spurs around. He understands the English football culture, footballers seem to want to play for him and most importantly he won't dazzle the players with dossiers and ridiculous formations, he'll just get them to go out and play as a team that are proud to wear the Three Lions.

QB Wolf
08-02-2012, 21:54
Roy Hodgson gets my vote, I don't give a **** about England but it could damage the Piggies!!!

sc91
08-02-2012, 21:58
How many managers have a track record at international level? It's totally irrelevant. Wheeling and dealing will be replaced with selecting players who can bring something different to the team.

Many players have played the best football of their career's under Harry - just look how he turned Spurs around. He understands the English football culture, footballers seem to want to play for him and most importantly he won't dazzle the players with dossiers and ridiculous formations, he'll just get them to go out and play as a team that are proud to wear the Three Lions.

With this hes got to build, got to contend with alot more. At Spurs everything was in place for him, they just needed a kick up the $$$$, with Pompey it was loads of cash that didnt exist. With England he'd have to be in charge of a 5 year long haul to bring through and develop a team, something he hasn't done and has no indication he can do.

That combined with his ravings about the Old Guard still having there place, i'd bet my house on Gerrard and Lampard lining up again at the Euros. Not the coach to take us forward, just that hes the highest placed English manager that people want him.

freezin
08-02-2012, 22:03
An Italian deserting a sinking ship? Who'd have thought it?

Wonder which life boat he'll trip and fall into

Mugwump
08-02-2012, 22:05
Arry is good at getting the best out of his players. I think he will do well if he gets the job

ice cream head
08-02-2012, 22:08
At Spurs everything was in place for him

Spurs were bottom of the league when he took the job.

sc91
08-02-2012, 22:15
Spurs were bottom of the league when he took the job.

With an insanely talented squad, or was I dreaming that Lennon/Bale/King and co were already there? The rest such as Kaboul/Defoe he just bought back from Pompey.

He's good at getting the best out of players, but as someone for a rebuilding process?

Ponty
08-02-2012, 22:16
With this hes got to build, got to contend with alot more. At Spurs everything was in place for him, they just needed a kick up the $$$$, with Pompey it was loads of cash that didnt exist. With England he'd have to be in charge of a 5 year long haul to bring through and develop a team, something he hasn't done and has no indication he can do.

That combined with his ravings about the Old Guard still having there place, i'd bet my house on Gerrard and Lampard lining up again at the Euros. Not the coach to take us forward, just that hes the highest placed English manager that people want him.

Well he's hardly going to state the old guard are past it!

He's shown he can get the best out of players, young and old. I think too much importance is attached to building a side - it's more important to get the best out of what's available at the time. I remember three years ago lots of pundits saying Arsenal were going to dominate the PL as their youngsters grew up... It only needs a couple of injuries and suddenly the team that has been built carefully collapses like a pack of cards.

OoohRobbieRobbie
08-02-2012, 22:29
Amazing! I can actually give a $$$$ about my National team again. Good riddance Fabio, you dirty spitting $$$$$$. Hope to god we get an Englishman in, some of the names on WilliamHill are laughable. Southgate 20/1? I hope we get 'Arry but I can't see it happening before the Euro's.

Adrian_Monk
08-02-2012, 22:46
I don't understand the cockneyphobia towards Redknapp. He's a cracking manager who is better than anyone at handling egos and gets players playing without fear and with freedom. I can't think of a better choice.

WolvesAreBoringOnCeefax
08-02-2012, 22:51
Redknapp will take it full time in the summer for the Euros, part time for now working with Stuart Pearce. Then Mourinho will go to Spurs, which I'd love to see. Don't give a toss about England one bit, never felt an affinity to them, but would love to see Jose back in the Prem

Sedgley Gold N Black
08-02-2012, 22:59
I'd prefer Pardew, what he has done at Newcastle is amazing! He's built a young, talented, skillful that plays nice football in a solid formation. I think he'd give the younger players more of a chance whereas Arry will probably stick to the likes of Lampard, Parker, Barry, Rio ect.

Hodgeson would also be a nice appointment and would really leave them lot in the $$$$!

+ Mourinho would miss club football too much to be an international manager imo so I'd rule him out.

Dr Wolfenstein
08-02-2012, 23:06
, i'd bet my house on Gerrard and Lampard lining up again at the Euros. .

Harry is his uncle.

Telf
08-02-2012, 23:10
Three and a half years £18m salary and what do we have to show for it

http://www.footydaft.com/3876-what_did_capello_bring_to_england.html

Dr Wolfenstein
08-02-2012, 23:19
It probably has to be Redknapp for the Euros, with Pearce taking the next friendly before the end of the season, as they can't really afford to allow a new long-term appointment to use the Euros as part of his bedding in period.

Just as Joe Mercer acted as caretaker between Ramsey & Revie, but didn't want the job long-term because of his age, Redknapp may not want the added stress & hassle at his time of life.

Following the Euros, the FA would then have time for a considered selection process, with perhaps someone like Pardew being a better long-term option, although obviously success at the Euros would put Redknapp in the driving seat if he did want the job.

Remmington
08-02-2012, 23:29

Fair enough.

Mourinho as last resort?:rofl::bebored:

Space Wolf
08-02-2012, 23:56
Amazing to think that the last English manager to win the First Division was Howard Wilkinson 20 years ago.

Sir Bobby Robson was the last one to win a European trophy in 1997.

Only three English managers have ever managed in the group stages of the Champions League. Ray Harford, Sir Bobby Robson and Harry Redknapp.

Since 1990 only three English managers have won the FA Cup. Terry Venables, Joe Royle and Harry Redknapp.

Since 2000, only two English managers have ever finished in the top 4 of the Premier League. Sir Bobby Robson and Harry Redknapp.

Mick McCarthy was the last English manager to manage at a major finals in 2002.

If the FA are looking for an English manager who has actually achieved anything, it's going to be a very short list.

Timberwolf
09-02-2012, 01:16
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shhhhh! Mick thinks he's Irish!

singaporewolves
09-02-2012, 03:01
I'm not convinced either. The lad can hardly write his name, never mind build a squad! (Around Spurs players) He's not got much Euro experience either, which would be more than helpful from a tactically prospective. His 'wide boy' character would also not fit will with the 'Men's club' mentality pervaded by the FA. We need someone who can 'express' and 'articulate' their plans. We can hardly have, ' Alright my Son, Bale's out with for 2 weeks with doggie jam tart, so I've gotta another gezza from Pool playin on the left'!! FFS we will be the laughing stock of the media frenzy which follows England around. Harry to Tel, ' Keep out the bookie's Tel'! 'At least until I've got the bleedin contract signed and sealed'!

O'Neal for me. 'England.......Sunderland'??? England.......Sunderland'!!! Or maybe we can off load Mick as he want's a crack at International Management again and he can take 'clipboard' with him too.

Pardew; not for me. Can still is his face after Henry's crashing finish at Charlton.

'Well Mick what happened there'? ' I started 4-5-1, but then changed it to 4-4-2 and the 4-3-3 . Dolyer came on and put his shift in and Jarvo skinned the Tanzania left back'! Ohh, Are we talking about Wolves or England?

JW
09-02-2012, 04:21
greats balls by capello to be fair

RedFlagWolf
09-02-2012, 06:54
The man was a goon. Glad he's gone. Anyone who sticks by that $$$$ Terry is $$$$ing $$$$$!

Remember Capello is a supporter of the Italian far right so his defence of Terry was predictable on purely ideological grounds!

Knowing the English FA I suppose Di Canio is in the running!

wolf97
09-02-2012, 07:04
Mourinho as last resort?:rofl::bebored:

Well yes as he's foreign?? :confused: :rolleyes: :wavey:

wolf97
09-02-2012, 07:05
Amazing to think that the last English manager to win the First Division was Howard Wilkinson 20 years ago.

Sir Bobby Robson was the last one to win a European trophy in 1997.

Only three English managers have ever managed in the group stages of the Champions League. Ray Harford, Sir Bobby Robson and Harry Redknapp.

Since 1990 only three English managers have won the FA Cup. Terry Venables, Joe Royle and Harry Redknapp.

Since 2000, only two English managers have ever finished in the top 4 of the Premier League. Sir Bobby Robson and Harry Redknapp.

If the FA are looking for an English manager who has actually achieved anything, it's going to be a very short list.

I thought Mick is Irish?

AW
09-02-2012, 07:10
greats balls by capello to be fair

It doesn't take balls to quit, it takes balls to prove your doubters wrong in the face of adversity.

SouthBankHobbs
09-02-2012, 07:16
It doesn't take balls to quit, it takes balls to prove your doubters wrong in the face of adversity.

It takes a certain something when I reckon he'd got quite a large 'loyalty payment' coming when his contract ran out.

Nero wolf
09-02-2012, 07:23
Respect to Capello.Everyone is presumed innocent and all that.

North West Wanderer
09-02-2012, 07:30
See ya Capello you loser.

Terry should never have been allowed back as captain anyway

Burton Wolf
09-02-2012, 07:48
See ya Capello you loser.

Terry should never have been allowed back as captain anyway

Fully agree.

FLEET WOLF
09-02-2012, 07:49
Redknapp will take it full time in the summer for the Euros, part time for now working with Stuart Pearce. Then Mourinho will go to Spurs, which I'd love to see. Don't give a toss about England one bit, never felt an affinity to them, but would love to see Jose back in the Prem

I loathe Mourinho personally.

Hoganstolemywife
09-02-2012, 07:50
Has to be Hiddink for me.

I read that 'Why England lose...' book that was suggested on here a while ago and it basically eulogises Hiddink. I think we went down the right route appointing somebody who has succeeded everywhere with Capello but his lack of international experience was telling.

Hiddink would be the best of both worlds for me. Failing that, Hodgson. He's managed around the world, he's very talented and he's got experience of international management.

For what it's worth:

Capello as England boss

Highest win percentage in England national coach history (66.7%)
Oversaw England's greatest ever World Cup qualification campaign (9 wins, 1 loss).
England finished as top scorers of the UEFA Zone during that campaign, scoring 6 more than Spain.
Undefeated in qualification for Euro 2012.
Undefeated in all games for 2011.

Dr Wolfenstein
09-02-2012, 08:28
I'm not convinced either. The lad can hardly write his name, never mind build a squad! (Around Spurs players) He's not got much Euro experience either, which would be more than helpful from a tactically prospective. His 'wide boy' character would also not fit will with the 'Men's club' mentality pervaded by the FA. We need someone who can 'express' and 'articulate' their plans. We can hardly have, ' Alright my Son, Bale's out with for 2 weeks with doggie jam tart, so I've gotta another gezza from Pool playin on the left'!! FFS we will be the laughing stock of the media frenzy which follows England around. Harry to Tel, ' Keep out the bookie's Tel'! 'At least until I've got the bleedin contract signed and sealed'!

Right, Clive Woodward it is, then.

Sharples
09-02-2012, 08:36
Capello was a good manager tactically, man management I have no idea, Im sure he probably left that to Pearce. The problem with his football is he played possession football which requires patience. Much like AVB at Chelsea.

In this country we want Barcelona or nothing! Its all blood and thunder or total football, no allo$$$$e for in between, most fans would rather see a ball randomly boxed than see another 20 passes to work a better opportunity. I still cringe at the thought of Capello’s first game when England fans booed the team for keeping the ball in the 40th minute at 0-0.

Arry would be a good mix of Capello and what England fans want. My only worry with him is there doesn’t seem to be a plan b with how he plays. Think that might get found out in the euro’s if he takes the job. I would go Hiddink though, Arry is the most successful English manager with one $$$$ing trophy which is laughable, Hiddink has won a lot more and understands English football too.

That said, I couldn’t give a $$$$ anyway.

goldeneyed
09-02-2012, 08:37
Capello out - good. Charmless egoist being paid a ridiculous salary.

singaporewolves
09-02-2012, 08:44
Right, Clive Woodward it is, then.

Sir Clive wouldn't be a bad choice. Wrong code, but knows how to deal with the FA AKA RFU!!:eek:

The_Blade
09-02-2012, 09:22
I hope they go for Hiddink to be honest.

Essex Wolf
09-02-2012, 09:29
I just hope whoever takes over and irrespective of their nationality they do away with the old guard and all those that have been connected with so many past England failings.

I used to be almost as keen on England as Wolves, not quite as much but over time lost a great deal of the interest and enthusiasm I once had.

Time for a new generation.

Bull Army
09-02-2012, 09:47
Failing that, Hodgson. He's managed around the world, he's very talented and he's got experience of international management.

You must be joking. The biggest job he got was Liverpool last season and he couldn't handle it. The England job would kill him, literally. Have you seen him rubbing his face frantically and banging his head against the dugout. The man couldn't stand the heat of the England job, especially if he got off to a bad start.

Redknapp is the obvious choice, of course, but I have my reservations about him taking it on in a part time role for the Euros. I think he'd have like to come in under a clean slate, taking on the mess we're in now, and not being able to turn it round for the Euros would heap a whole load of pressure on him before he's even had time to get started properly.

Pearce/Hiddink part time would do me. The only problem is Pearce's Olympic commitments.

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 09:51
I used to watch all Englands matches, still do to be honest BUT with a lot less enthusisam.

I started to lose interest with the saga over Terry which has eventually taken out Capello. How Terry was reinstated as the england Captain I will never know. How he has not resigned himself I will never know.

Terry is a has been and should never be near an English football team again never alone captain.

It is time to get rid of the old guard and sweep in the new.

Pearce to over see the friendlies until the seasons end, Harry to blood the youngsters in the Euros and take them to the next World Cup with Pearce as part of the team

Hoganstolemywife
09-02-2012, 09:57
You must be joking. The biggest job he got was Liverpool last season and he couldn't handle it. The England job would kill him, literally. Have you seen him rubbing his face frantically and banging his head against the dugout. The man couldn't stand the heat of the England job, especially if he got off to a bad start.

Redknapp is the obvious choice, of course, but I have my reservations about him taking it on in a part time role for the Euros. I think he'd have like to come in under a clean slate, taking on the mess we're in now, and not being able to turn it round for the Euros would heap a whole load of pressure on him before he's even had time to get started properly.

Pearce/Hiddink part time would do me. The only problem is Pearce's Olympic commitments.

To be fair to Woy, when he's only given money to sign the likes of Konchesky, he can't be solely to blame when things backfire. £100 million later and King Kenny's....won a few more points.

Hiddink...Hodgson......................The Rest.

Essex Wolf
09-02-2012, 10:14
Watching SSN I'm surprised at some of the names being linked to take over but none more so than Pardew.

He's having a good season with Newcastle no doubt but exactly what else has he done elsewhere to justify being in the running?

The_Blade
09-02-2012, 10:22
Headline on the BBC website from Droopy http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58397000/jpg/_58397835_redknapp.jpg I've not thought about England - Redknapp (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16960250)

Harry Redknapp says he is focused on leading Tottenham and has not thought about the England job.

REALLY HARRY?

gordonchas
09-02-2012, 10:33
To be fair to Woy, when he's only given money to sign the likes of Konchesky, he can't be solely to blame when things backfire. £100 million later and King Kenny's....won a few more points.

Hiddink...Hodgson......................The Rest.

You seem to have forgotten that he also signed the likes of Poulsen for £5m, Miereles for £13m and Joe Cole on £100 a week.

Bull Army
09-02-2012, 10:35

Hodgson's Liverpool at home to us - we won. A few weeks later, Kenny's Liverpool (before the transfer fun) away to us - they won. They were chronic when we beat them last season.

Bull Army
09-02-2012, 10:36
Watching SSN I'm surprised at some of the names being linked to take over but none more so than Pardew.

He's having a good season with Newcastle no doubt but exactly what else has he done elsewhere to justify being in the running?

English manager in the top 6. Always happens. Curbishley, Allardyce, Hodgson being linked with the managers job before when they were in the ascendency. Unfortunately, an English manager doing well in the Prem is so unusual, it doesn't take a lot of achievement to be in the frame. Plus you include the FAs declaration that the next manager must be English and it pushes up average English managers in the running order.

kennyB
09-02-2012, 10:39
Whatever people say about Capello, and I don't disagree with some of the comments, the FA were wrong to go over his head without even talking to him about what they intended to do regarding Terry. The FA are completely useless tools.
I'm with the Hiddink camp.

Mugwump
09-02-2012, 10:53
Dont want Hiddink. If i had to pick a mercenary in football ( and i dont think there is such a thing actually ) then it would be him.

Mugwump
09-02-2012, 10:59
You seem to have forgotten that he also signed the likes of Poulsen for £5m, Miereles for £13m and Joe Cole on £100 a week.

Bloody hell, we could afford to get joe cole if thats all they were paying him!

Essex Wolf
09-02-2012, 11:16
English manager in the top 6. Always happens. Curbishley, Allardyce, Hodgson being linked with the managers job before when they were in the ascendency. Unfortunately, an English manager doing well in the Prem is so unusual, it doesn't take a lot of achievement to be in the frame. Plus you include the FAs declaration that the next manager must be English and it pushes up average English managers in the running order.

Very worrying and sad if that is what things are based on.

Bull Army
09-02-2012, 12:03
Dont want Hiddink. If i had to pick a mercenary in football ( and i dont think there is such a thing actually ) then it would be him.

That's all we need though until after the Euros if Harry is committed to Spurs until then.

UEAwolf
09-02-2012, 12:14

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - most people thought Liverpool pulled off a real coup by signing Cole on a free.

OoohRobbieRobbie
09-02-2012, 12:35

O'Neal for me. 'England.......Sunderland'??? England.......Sunderland'!!! Or maybe we can off load Mick as he want's a crack at International Management again and he can take 'clipboard' with him too.

Pardew; not for me. Can still is his face after Henry's crashing finish at Charlton.

'Well Mick what happened there'? ' I started 4-5-1, but then changed it to 4-4-2 and the 4-3-3 . Dolyer came on and put his shift in and Jarvo skinned the Tanzania left back'! Ohh, Are we talking about Wolves or England?

That is genius, haha!

Though I've got to say I disagree. 'Building a squad' based on a good team ethic and ethos is what Harry does best. He plays attractive football. He gets the best out of his players, knows the English players well, he has probably sat watching our pathetic attempts (such as the last WC) on many occasions and thought to himself "I know what I'd do in this situation". We need a motivator, someone with character, someone who makes players fight for that shirt (not that they should need to be told that, but you suspect that some or most do unfortunately). I would personally only be happy if either Pearce or Redknapp got the job.

gordonchas
09-02-2012, 12:36
Hindsight is a wonderful thing - most people thought Liverpool pulled off a real coup by signing Cole on a free.

My point was that he did actually have a bit of money to spend, not whether Cole turned out to be a failure or not.

OoohRobbieRobbie
09-02-2012, 12:48

Raul Miereles is incredible (At football).

Telf
09-02-2012, 12:54
FA get some balls at last, so who is David Bernstein?

http://www.footydaft.com/3878-who_is_david_bernstein.html

Sharples
09-02-2012, 12:58
Three and a half years £18m salary and what do we have to show for it

http://www.footydaft.com/3876-what_did_capello_bring_to_england.html

FA get some balls at last, so who is David Bernstein?

http://www.footydaft.com/3878-who_is_david_bernstein.html

Would you like some pay per click advertising?? :rolleyes:

Vietnam Wolf
09-02-2012, 12:58
Funny how Capello gets offended 4 months from the finishing line, £23 million the richer.

I wonder if he'd have been as moralistic 4 months into his contract.

Yeah too right C&H ... I was thinking exactly the same.

Filled himself full of cake already and getting out now whilst he has some semblance of a reputation intact.

Dare I say - typical lily-livered Italian beahviour ? Good $$$$ing riddance.

Tring Wolf
09-02-2012, 12:59
Top 3 for me would be O'Neill, Redknapp and Wenger.

Doubt that Wenger could be persuaded to leave Arsenal but his teams do play excellent attacking football. The only thing that may count against him is the fact that his teams rarely contain an Englishman...

Seriously though, has brought through and worked with some excellent English youngsters (Wilshere, Gibbs, A.Cole, Walcott) and has a very good knowledge of both English and world football.

Sharples
09-02-2012, 13:02
Top 3 for me would be O'Neill, Redknapp and Wenger.

Doubt that Wenger could be persuaded to leave Arsenal but this teams do play excellent attacking football. The only thing that may count against him is the fact that his teams rarely contain an Englishman...

Seriously though, has brought through and worked with some excellent English youngsters (Wilshere, Gibbs, A.Cole, Walcott) and has a very good knowledge of both English and world football.

:eek:

Tring Wolf
09-02-2012, 13:05
Haha. Valid point Sharples! For Theo, I probably should have put 'exceptionally fast but lacking in end product' youngsters...

...although he was very good against 10-man Blackburn last week :)

Sharples
09-02-2012, 13:16
Haha. Valid point Sharples! For Theo, I probably should have put 'exceptionally fast but lacking in end product' youngsters...

...although he was very good against 10-man Blackburn last week :)

;)

Timberwolf
09-02-2012, 14:35
Just heard a rumour (& it is only that) that the Tax thing might not be over for 'Arry'. Someone has apparently reported that Redknapp isn't the illiterate & innumerate buffoon that he portrayed in his testimony, allegedly!!! There could be an investigation for perjury!
Oh 'Arry'!!!!!

Sharples
09-02-2012, 14:42
Just heard a rumour (& it is only that) that the Tax thing might not be over for 'Arry'. Someone has apparently reported that Redknapp isn't the illiterate & innumerate buffoon that he portrayed in his testimony, allegedly!!! There could be an investigation for perjury!
Oh 'Arry'!!!!!

Whether he is or isnt, being illiterate or a bit dim was not the reason the case was thrown out of court and is not a defence. It was the weak, $$$$e, non existent prosecution.

Timberwolf
09-02-2012, 14:47
It wasnt thrown out, was it?
He was found not guilty on the basis of witness testimony and documented evidence. Should any of that be found to have been knowingly falsely presented, that's perjury. Regardless of a guilty/not guilty verdict. I'm not a legal eagle by any means but the outcome had no bearing on an accusation of perjury.

Timberwolf
09-02-2012, 14:48
I don't know how you can open an account in the name of your dog though and not have HMRC sniffing around!

Sharples
09-02-2012, 14:50
It wasnt thrown out, was it?
He was found not guilty on the basis of witness testimony and documented evidence. Should any of that be found to have been knowingly falsely presented, that's perjury. Regardless of a guilty/not guilty verdict. I'm not a legal eagle by any means but the outcome had no bearing on an accusation of perjury.

Thrown out, not guilty, same difference.

Im about as legally knowledgable as a goose having a turd, but I would be massively surprised that even if this rumour was true, that it would see him head back in to court.

Jungleee
09-02-2012, 21:40
Wednesday 8th February 2012 12pm:"Capello needs to resign as England manager. He defended a racist, and racism is wrong."

Wednesday 8th February 2012 7pm:"Capello's successor had better be English, I don't want no foreigner managing our country"

wolf97
09-02-2012, 21:44
Wednesday 8th February 2012 12pm:"Capello needs to resign as England manager. He defended a racist, and racism is wrong."Wednesday 8th February 2012 7pm:"Capello's successor had better be English, I don't want no foreigner managing our country"

That isn't racist IMO. The manager of the English national team should be English, no questions asked. If the players have to be from here, then the manager should also. I cannot think of another top footballing nation that has a foreign coach. It's actually quite embarrassing that England does/did have a foreign manager. IMO there will be uproar if a foreigner is appointed, maybe with the exception of Mourinho, but I don't think he'll want to come.

StefanWolves
09-02-2012, 21:48
Wednesday 8th February 2012 12pm:"Capello needs to resign as England manager. He defended a racist, and racism is wrong."

Wednesday 8th February 2012 7pm:"Capello's successor had better be English, I don't want no foreigner managing our country"

Double standards - this country is full of it

Adrian_Monk
10-02-2012, 01:48

Who said this? There is an argument for your second point, which is appointing a manager of a team should take into consideration the appreciation/understanding of culture. This isn't racist IMV. If the ideal candidate was Guetamalan born but spoke perfect English and had worked in English football all his life, successfully, I would take that over someone who had done the same in Serie A.

wolfjc
10-02-2012, 09:03
I feel the same, looking forward to seeing and england team under Redknapp, passion, enthusiasm and exciting football! Nice!

Jungleee
10-02-2012, 11:50
Who said this? There is an argument for your second point, which is appointing a manager of a team should take into consideration the appreciation/understanding of culture. This isn't racist IMV. If the ideal candidate was Guetamalan born but spoke perfect English and had worked in English football all his life, successfully, I would take that over someone who had done the same in Serie A.

Just a joke off a website!

mrbiffolives
10-02-2012, 11:54
Remember this?!

http://oneinthehole.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/why-harry-redknapp-is-no-longer-the-manager-to-take-spurs-forward/

Now he's the messiah.