PDA

View Full Version : Kightly out of Albion game

Jonzy54
08-02-2012, 11:51
Missing Sunday

Essex Wolf
08-02-2012, 11:52
Kightly (http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2012/02/08/michael-kightly-to-miss-molineux-clash/)

Gutted on one hand but the long break and having him fully fit has to be a better deal than playing him in this game and losing him even longer.

Hoganstolemywife
08-02-2012, 11:53
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2012/02/08/michael-kightly-to-miss-molineux-clash/

But fit for the Newcastle match.

A shame but it makes sense not to rush him back when he has 2 weeks worth of recuperation before our next fixture.

Zubar is fit and will be back for the Toon too.

I think Mick will replace Frimpong with Doyle and play him on the right wing/cutting in.

Jungleee
08-02-2012, 11:56
Or possibly Foley going RM and Zubes at RB (if he's available).

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 11:57
So Zubar and Kightly not fit. Got to be this then:

Henn

Foley - Johnson - Bassong - Ward

Hammill - Egg - Ohara - Jarvis
Doyle

Fletcher

The Egg is a certain now IMO (oh no), and probably Edwards RM instead of Hammill.

Essex Wolf
08-02-2012, 11:59
So Zubar and Kightly not fit. Got to be this then:

Henn

Foley - Johnson - Bassong - Ward

Hammill - Egg - Ohara - Jarvis
Doyle

Fletcher

Please Stefan not the Egg. Many people don't rate Edwards and I'm not always convinced he is good enough but on his day he is a decent enough player.

Hoganstolemywife
08-02-2012, 11:59
I think we'll see Stearman at RB and Edwards/Foley RW. Can't see Hammill playing.

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 12:02
Please Stefan not the Egg. Many people don't rate Edwards and I'm not always convinced he is good enough but on his day he is a decent enough player.

This better?

Henn

Stearman - Johnson - Bassong - Ward

Hammill - Foley - Ohara - Jarvis
Doyle

Fletcher

Stearman or Egg? Take your pick :p

wolf97
08-02-2012, 12:05
Got to be Hammill then, no questions asked.

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 12:06

I agree but Mick will obviously go with Hunt or Edwards in his place.

Essex Wolf
This better?

Henn

Hammill - Foley - Ohara - Jarvis
Doyle

Fletcher

Stearman or Egg? Take your pick :p

Gee thanks for the choice:D

I've seen more than enough of Stearman to know he isn't very good as a RB so prefer to see Foley there. Much better passer of the ball, reads the game well and will offer more going forward.

Harsh as it may sound but Jonsson looks poor in the few games I've seen him and whilst accepting he may improve this isn't the sort of game he needs to try and imprve in.

Prefer to see Edwards in there.

wolf97
I agree but Mick will obviously go with Hunt or Edwards in his place.

Or, as previously said, Foley RM and Stearman RB! :eek: :mad:

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 12:09
Gee thanks for the choice:D

I've seen more than enough of Stearman to know he isn't very good as a RB so prefer to see Foley there. Much better passer of th ball, reads the game well and will offer more going forward.

Harsh as it may sound but Jonsson looks poor in the few games I've seen him and whilst accepting he may improve this isn't the sort of game he needs to try and imprve in.

Prefer to see Edwards in there.

Henn

Hunt - Foley - Edwards - Jarvis
O'hara

Fletcher

I'd put money on MM picking that team, but I dont want to see Stearman or Hunt starting.

wolfinaguernsey
08-02-2012, 12:12
Edwards will play as he can get into goal scoring positions

Essex Wolf
08-02-2012, 12:13
Stefan, I fully agree but I feel a little sorry for Stearman who as a CH is a decent player. When Zubar and Foley were both out I partly understood Micks decision to play him there but with Foley back there is none at all.

As for Hunt, really don't know what's gone on there. He has been by and large awful this season and the last thing Wolves need for this game is a starting 11 that contains players either below par or not suited for the job given them.

Mick needs to pick as strong a starting 11 as is possible with as many players possible in their natural position, no more square pegs in round holes.

Wolf in Cradley
08-02-2012, 12:14
Go with the team that started the 2nd half on Saturday. Send them out with the same attitude, go for the throat, high tempo and pressing all over the field. With the crowd fully behind the team I think is is our best chance of winning, I think we'll need to score at least 2 probably 3 goals to win the game

Tring Wolf
08-02-2012, 12:15
With Kightly out, I think Mick will go with:

Hennessey
Foley, Johnson, Bassong, Ward
Hunt, Edwards, JOH, Jarvis
Doyle
Fletcher

Just have a feeling he will play Hunt based on his performance in the home derby last year.

FLEET WOLF
08-02-2012, 12:19

Hennessey
Doyle
Fletcher

Just have a feeling he will play Hunt based on his performance in the home derby last year.

I think he will play Hunt now as well.

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 12:20
I think he will play Hunt now as well.

Hunt, Edwards and Stearman are nailed on to start IMO.

Danwolf
08-02-2012, 12:22
Please god not Hunt! Doyle was so impressive on the right v QPR why not keep him there?

Bostin
08-02-2012, 12:24
If Hammil starts I will run stark $$$$$$$ naked onto the pitch at half time and handcuff myself to the dugout. Hunt will start :mad:

XDevonwolf
08-02-2012, 12:31
We are at home and need to attack and get some goals. I'd start with.....

-------------Hen---------------
Foley--Johnson---Bassong--Ward
Doyle--Edwards--O'Hara--Jarvis
----Fletcher------SEB

Subs: DeV, Berra, Milijas, Hammill, Hunt, Elokobi

Covers all eventualities and gives MM the choices he would need.

JOSWolf
08-02-2012, 12:38
I really wish Hammill would start this game but cant see it. I can see Hunt starting either out wide or in central midfield, in the hole, if we play a 5 man midfield.
I actually think Hunt in the central midfield role wouldnt be that bad an idea for this game.

Bend It Like Dennison
08-02-2012, 12:45
With this in mind we may as well go with the team that started the second half at QPR imo.

The Egg, Stears and Hunt shouldnt be considered at any point.

Big Saft Kid
08-02-2012, 12:50
With this in mind we may as well go with the team that started the second half at QPR imo.

The Egg, Stears and Hunt shouldnt be considered at any point.

absolutely

Paris Wolf
08-02-2012, 12:51
Henn, Foley, Ward, Bassong, Johnson, O'Hara, Jarvis and Fletcher are nailed on starters. Edwards and Doyle 99% nailed on. That leaves one of Stearman, Hunt, Milijas, SEB and Hammill (or even Forde) to fit in. Or the Egg.
At which point you pick your poison.
For me, we keep Foley at RB, that means a midfield three of Milijas, Edwards and O'Hara, one/two attacking, one covering and they all cover for each other. Doyle, Fletcher and Jarvis up front.
It's a shame that Berra, who has been good all season, now can't be fitted in even though the squad is looking bare bonesesque. But there's no way Mick'll stick Bassong in DM or even Zubes when he's back - he's never played him there before and he won't start doing it now.

Bend It Like Dennison
08-02-2012, 12:57
Bit disappointing to see no one starting SEB when his contribution to our comeback was as big as anybodies.

Polish Wolf
08-02-2012, 13:15
Please... not Hunt. He's been awful this season. Needs to be offloaded in the summer.

crasm98
08-02-2012, 13:15
Hennessy

Foley
Johnson
Bassong
Ward

Doyle
Edwards
O Hara
Jarvis

SEB
Fletcher.

We need to win so lets go for it and start with the team that finished at qpr?

XDevonwolf
08-02-2012, 13:32
Bit disappointing to see no one starting SEB when his contribution to our comeback was as big as anybodies.

I have. See #22.

crasm98 - Glad to see you agree. We need to attack from the start.

QB Wolf
08-02-2012, 13:43

Hennessey
Doyle
Fletcher

I think that's the best we can hope for, I'd prefer Hammil to Hunt though, unless Hunt is in the middle with Doyle on the right!

wwfc9
08-02-2012, 14:42
We are at home and need to attack and get some goals. I'd start with.....

-------------Hen---------------
Foley--Johnson---Bassong--Ward
Doyle--Edwards--O'Hara--Jarvis
----Fletcher------SEB

Subs: DeV, Berra, Milijas, Hammill, Hunt, Elokobi

Covers all eventualities and gives MM the choices he would need.
Same as this for me too

hristisenas
08-02-2012, 14:56
Please God. Anything but Stearman at right back!

-ShuWolf-
08-02-2012, 15:05
Wish we'd have kept Doherty now.

With Frimpong gone this would of allowed for Foley in the mf and meant we had a natural rightback to play until Zubar returned

JOSWolf
08-02-2012, 15:47
Wish we'd have kept Doherty now.

With Frimpong gone this would of allowed for Foley in the mf and meant we had a natural rightback to play until Zubar returned

Hibernian fans really impressed with Doherty so far.

StefanWolves
08-02-2012, 15:54
Hibernian fans really impressed with Doherty so far.

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?111513-Matt-Doherty

liquidatorwolf
08-02-2012, 15:55
We need to give it to them, but with a 4-4-2 with doyle and jarvis, I think we will be in a lot of trouble considering that Albion are a counter attacking side sorry seb but 4-2-3-1 with doyle starting wide would be my prefered option. O'hara, milijas and edwards in the centre; don't forget up until the Arsenal match Milijas was playing fantastic.

Ted Bundy
08-02-2012, 18:12
If we go 4-4-2 - 4-5-1 it should be Hammill on the wing but i highly doubt that since he's not been making the bench latley, it'll be Stephen Hunt, Edwards-O'hara in the middle.

Michellis
08-02-2012, 19:36
Not looking great is it....

Ashley
08-02-2012, 20:15

And he's done what exactly in 2 seasons to warrant a starting place in a must win match??? He's $$$$ing cack. A few step overs here and there and you'd think we've got the new ronaldo! Edwards on the right and tucking in to help our midfield who will struggle against theirs ino

WonderWolf
08-02-2012, 20:24
It's a blow that Kights is out... if he is.

What I want explaining is the need to make this public...Kights is a key player...why let the opposition know the situation? :confused:

Are we too honest as a club? :dong:

sedgwolf1980
08-02-2012, 20:53
We are $$$$ed.

The only time we have resembled anything like a half decent premier league side all season was the first half versus villa. Who were our stand out performers that half, kights n ting tong.

Sometimes I think someone upstairs really doesn't like us. It never rains but it pours.

JOSWolf
08-02-2012, 21:01
It's a blow that Kights is out... if he is.

What I want explaining is the need to make this public...Kights is a key player...why let the opposition know the situation? :confused:

Are we too honest as a club? :dong:

Maybe he'll make a sensational return on Sunday?!

WonderWolf
08-02-2012, 21:22
Maybe he'll make a sensational return on Sunday?!

;)...let's hope Mick is playing crafty.

worc.wolves
08-02-2012, 23:43
Hennessy

Foley
Johnson
Bassong
Ward

Doyle
Edwards
O Hara
Jarvis

SEB
Fletcher.

We need to win so lets go for it and start with the team that finished at qpr?

Start with that team, with practically 4 attacking midfielders and 2 strikers on the pitch we get torn apart. May of worked against a 10man QPR chasing a game but an 11 man WBA team with the 5 man midfiled and passing football they play. Suicide.

JW
09-02-2012, 05:22
were going to miss him to be fair

devon_wolf
09-02-2012, 07:49
Mick will go with:

Hennessey

Stearman, Johnson, bassong, ward

Foley, Edwards, Ohara, jarvis

Doyle

Fletcher.

I personally would change stearman for foley, then bring in hunt as he's probably the best option we have right now.

Nero wolf
09-02-2012, 08:21
Mick will go with:

Hennessey

Stearman, Johnson, bassong, ward

Foley, Edwards, Ohara, jarvis

Doyle

Fletcher.

I personally would change stearman for foley, then bring in hunt as he's probably the best option we have right now.

That is some scary $$$$$ right there.Hunt has been absolute crap for the whole season overall.
We need,desperatly..a five man midfield.I would bring Foley in together with Edwards and O`Hara middle of the park..and go with Hammill on the wing..and Stearman as RB.

Brandons gramps
09-02-2012, 13:24
Hennessey

..............Stearman

Edwards......Ohara.........jarvis

......Doyle

.................Fletcher.