PDA

View Full Version : A view from Bassong.

Essex Wolf
08-02-2012, 11:46
Bassong (http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2012/02/08/bassong-backs-wolves-quality/)

Positive comments and I sincerely hope they are said with meaning as opposed to the usual trotting out of words to appease the fans.

He is a good player and of the class I would like to see Wolves sign more often and full time.

Mighty Thor
08-02-2012, 11:55
mmmmm kool-aid. Can i have another glass please!?

FLEET WOLF
08-02-2012, 12:17
Bassong (http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2012/02/08/bassong-backs-wolves-quality/)

Positive comments and I sincerely hope they are said with meaning as opposed to the usual trotting out of words to appease the fans.

He is a good player and of the class I would like to see Wolves sign more often and full time.

Assuming he does the business for us between now and the end of the season, and we stay up, he has to be signed, it is as simple as that and no messing about by Jez, trying to save a few quid!

crasm98
08-02-2012, 13:07
Assuming he does the business for us between now and the end of the season, and we stay up, he has to be signed, it is as simple as that and no messing about by Jez, trying to save a few quid!
+1. along with some ''Premier League'' signings, not Championship players

jrpb-3
08-02-2012, 13:48
“I’m match fit and I think with more games I’ll be fitter and fitter,” he said. hope he hasn't jinxed himself with that line, we've got enough injuries at the moment

FLEET WOLF
08-02-2012, 14:31
+1. along with some ''Premier League'' signings, not Championship players

Correct, no more Jonssons/Fotheringhams etc unless we go down (and not even The Foth then!)

Essex Wolf
08-02-2012, 15:20
Correct, no more Jonssons/Fotheringhams etc unless we go down (and not even The Foth then!)

Quality shows every time and whilst Bassong may have only played one game he looked more assured, confident and comfortable than most of the CH's Wolves have had the last few seasons. Craddock is the only other CH I would say offers that steadying feeling but he is now sadly getting on.

Should Wolves survive and Bassong plays a big part in doing so then I hope Wolves make him their next signing. Bassong knows his chances at Spurs are limited but it will depend on a few factors. Will Wolves be prepared to pay what Spurs want, will Bassong want to move from the city full time and will Mick actually want him?

SimplyTheWolves
08-02-2012, 21:58
Quality shows every time and whilst Bassong may have only played one game he looked more assured, confident and comfortable than most of the CH's Wolves have had the last few seasons. Craddock is the only other CH I would say offers that steadying feeling but he is now sadly getting on.

Should Wolves survive and Bassong plays a big part in doing so then I hope Wolves make him their next signing. Bassong knows his chances at Spurs are limited but it will depend on a few factors. Will Wolves be prepared to pay what Spurs want, will Bassong want to move from the city full time and will Mick actually want him?

Good rounded assumption Essex Wolf. If he is to show improvement from his debut with us it can only be a major improvement to our defence overall. If so then this is the type of defender we should be looking to keep hold of if we have the chance?

The price and wages will no doubt be a stumbling block as far as us signing him on a permanent basis is concerned, but you never know, we may have realised by then that we have to move with the times to be able to progress, and not be so steadfast in our approach towards what the future may bring as regards financial restrictions.

Essex Wolf
09-02-2012, 10:54
Good rounded assumption Essex Wolf. If he is to show improvement from his debut with us it can only be a major improvement to our defence overall. If so then this is the type of defender we should be looking to keep hold of if we have the chance?

The price and wages will no doubt be a stumbling block as far as us signing him on a permanent basis is concerned, but you never know, we may have realised by then that we have to move with the times to be able to progress, and not be so steadfast in our approach towards what the future may bring as regards financial restrictions.

STW, your comment about Wolves realising they have to move with the times is spot on. Bassong whilst being well down the pecking order at Spurs still looked a better player than any other Wolves CH I've seen in a long long while.

Yes he may cost a few quid and want better wages but the club have to realise that to improve then moving upwards will see wages do likewise. You can't keep making a silk purse from a sows ear which is how I see things going at times.

But again the factors I have already mentioned will determine the outcome whatever us fans say or think.

Nero wolf
09-02-2012, 13:30
We won´t sign Bassong on a permanent basis.
We are not prepared to pay the going salary a player like him will attract.
There will be better offers out there for Bassong,much better than what we are willing to offer..under Morgan and Mox.

Essex Wolf
09-02-2012, 14:12
There will be better offers out there for Bassong,much better than what we are willing to offer..under Morgan and Mox.

You are most propably right but should Wolves stay up by the skin of their teeth yet again I would hope it would be a big wake up call to the Molineux heirarchy that the club can't keep acting on the cheap and trusting to luck.

If they really do want to progress, improve and move up the PL ladder then things have to change.

If Bassong does well at Wolves, enjoys his stay and can see the club do want to improve then who knows. Not every player is greedy and some are happy to take a wage drop if they are part of something they enjoy and getting to play regularly. However I do fuly understand your POV which is more likely to be nearer reality than my wishful thinking.

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 14:23
He has had one game lets see how he goes for the rest of the season

Essex Wolf
09-02-2012, 14:32
Agreed EW and it is very early days but from what I saw of him I was pleased with that extra bit of quality he brought to the side. The defence as a whole seemed more assured but I likewise accept Wolves were only playing 10 men for an hour.

Time will tell us what we need to know.

trybalwolf
09-02-2012, 14:47
You are most propably right but should Wolves stay up by the skin of their teeth yet again I would hope it would be a big wake up call to the Molineux heirarchy that the club can't keep acting on the cheap and trusting to luck.

If they really do want to progress, improve and move up the PL ladder then things have to change.

If Bassong does well at Wolves, enjoys his stay and can see the club do want to improve then who knows. Not every player is greedy and some are happy to take a wage drop if they are part of something they enjoy and getting to play regularly. However I do fuly understand your POV which is more likely to be nearer reality than my wishful thinking.

my view is they are playing a long game until the finanacial constraints kick in a few seasons hence i.e. using the model clubs will have to use but using it today - risky tactic and we are on a knife edge of it working. my worry is that the chumpionship will be a lot harder to get out of when the restraints kick in than now as all clubs will be much of a muchness without the sky money. So spending a bit more now may actually make more financial sense in the long term than being "sensible" with the wages bill today

arctic rime
09-02-2012, 14:48

o hara ?:cool:

Essex Wolf
09-02-2012, 14:53
my view is they are playing a long game until the finanacial constraints kick in a few seasons hence i.e. using the model clubs will have to use but using it today - risky tactic and we are on a knife edge of it working. my worry is that the chumpionship will be a lot harder to get out of when the restraints kick in than now as all clubs will be much of a muchness without the sky money. So spending a bit more now may actually make more financial sense in the long term than being "sensible" with the wages bill today

Good point. If it works for Wolves great but if not could be a big problem.

As you say, on a knife edge.

Bankswolf II
09-02-2012, 17:21
Its an easy win for Morgan and co

If we stay up we will be full of happiness and they will drop Bassong off back at spurs give Mick another 4 million transfer budget and say we ll be top 10 easy this year

If we are down then obviously he goes back

I have little confidence in the board to get bassong in full time his wages is too massive for a premier league club in it's third year

Essex Wolf
10-02-2012, 11:40
Its an easy win for Morgan and co

If we stay up we will be full of happiness and they will drop Bassong off back at spurs give Mick another 4 million transfer budget and say we ll be top 10 easy this year

If we are down then obviously he goes back

I have little confidence in the board to get bassong in full time his wages is too massive for a premier league club in it's third year

And if what you say here is right then it sends out a message that penny pinching is all important and progression is not on the agenda.

Should Wolves survive the board need to do something to show the fans a bit of positivity. Failure to act again will send out so many bad vibes that the levels of anymosity already being shown cold increase.

JOSWolf
10-02-2012, 12:10
If we stay up Bassong is exactly the type of player we need to be signing in the summer. We will need to bring in a minimum of three players of the quality of Bassong in my opinion along with some young up and coming talent.

Stratford Wolf
10-02-2012, 12:25
Surrounding a load of negativity this season It has been a welcome change to see how positive Wolves fans can be towards good 'premiership' players. Frimpong was an immediate hero at the club & the player responded well towards the fans - looks like Bassong is heading in the same direction - These positives can only be good & should we stay up can only help in attracting these kind of players we need/want so badly.........

Let’s get right behind the whole team on Sunday & more importantly the rest of the season......

Edgmond Wolf
10-02-2012, 15:45
Surrounding a load of negativity this season It has been a welcome change to see how positive Wolves fans can be towards good 'premiership' players. Frimpong was an immediate hero at the club & the player responded well towards the fans - looks like Bassong is heading in the same direction - These positives can only be good & should we stay up can only help in attracting these kind of players we need/want so badly.........

Let’s get right behind the whole team on Sunday & more importantly the rest of the season......

This we have fourteen cup finals left