PDA

View Full Version : Wish I could be there.

OoohRobbieRobbie
07-02-2012, 21:08
Cannot wait for the WBA game but I am $$$$ting myself slightly. I'm gutted I can't go to the game, I'm in Cornwall with the Mrs - shocking timing! She's going to have to deal with me being very $$$$ed off for the remainder of the holiday if we lose, oh dear, but I'll be the happiest man on earth if we win! I'm finding myself constantly daydreaming about us beating them in different scenarios. This is probably not a good idea.

Anyway, the main reason I started this thread was to ask if any one knows of any decent pubs in St. Austell or nearby that will be showing the game? I've been before but cannot remember if the local pubs show Sky Sports. I will be slightly annoyed if I can't watch it. I don't fancy sitting in the house waiting for texts biting my nails!

Come on me babbies! (Thank you for any advice in advance)

Dewsburywolf
07-02-2012, 21:13
Surely there'll be a pub somewhere in the area showing it on Sky

AW
07-02-2012, 21:20

This is Cornwall we are talking about.

leedswolf
07-02-2012, 21:21
Harbourside Inn, St Austell.

PumpKing
07-02-2012, 21:23

I think he might need a bit more help than that contribution Dews. :D

OoohRobbieRobbie
07-02-2012, 21:42
I thought the same Dews ;)

Thanks Leedswolf, appreciated.

andyc225
07-02-2012, 21:44
Find a local with no Man Yoo scarf behind the bar and ask the gaffer nicely. :)

OoohRobbieRobbie
07-02-2012, 21:51
Haha, where's this you're leading me to Andy? I'm worried!

andyc225
07-02-2012, 22:03
Looks like you're going to Devon. :P

Seriously now, the Station House on Highcross Street shows Sky Sports if I remember rightly. Hope that helps.

Coleshill Wolf
07-02-2012, 22:26
I'm gonna be stuck on a cruise and there is a full days at sea on Sunday 12th with no Sky.............

OoohRobbieRobbie
07-02-2012, 23:15
Cheers Andy! Coleshill that's savage, I feel for you there pal.

Edgmond Wolf
08-02-2012, 09:48
I'm gonna be stuck on a cruise and there is a full days at sea on Sunday 12th with no Sky.............

Internet??

Plymouth Wolf
08-02-2012, 14:47
The Britannia Inn on a roundabout going into St Austell (before Holmbush) Big screens according to the posters outside.

FRAZ-WOLF
08-02-2012, 15:13
A pub in Tiverton will have it on

FLEET WOLF
08-02-2012, 15:47
The Britannia Inn on a roundabout going into St Austell (before Holmbush) Big screens according to the posters outside.

There you go and I bet there will be one or two Wolves fans in there as well! I am sure your wife is praying for a Wolves win, as well, albeit for different reasons.

OoohRobbieRobbie
08-02-2012, 16:11
Brilliant, thank you for the advice! I know that pub on the roundabout!

It's my girlfriend Fleet (though it does feel like I'm married at times) and you're dead right! She despises watching the matches with me, or generally being with me on a Saturday when I get back! Threw my laptop in frustration after the Villa game and she refused to talk to me for hours!

singaporewolves
09-02-2012, 03:15
Ski-ing in France from Sunday, so here's hoping the internet is good. Mine's the same, but she keeps out of the way these day win, loose or draw!

JW
09-02-2012, 04:21
cant wait for sundAY to be fair

FLEET WOLF
09-02-2012, 07:53
Brilliant, thank you for the advice! I know that pub on the roundabout!

It's my girlfriend Fleet (though it does feel like I'm married at times) and you're dead right! She despises watching the matches with me, or generally being with me on a Saturday when I get back! Threw my laptop in frustration after the Villa game and she refused to talk to me for hours!

My wife gets annoyed when I shout things out watching Wolves on the television. Most women simply don't understand (anything actually).

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 10:17
My wife gets annoyed when I shout things out watching Wolves on the television. Most women simply don't understand (anything actually).

I was watching the Sunderland match last night, 'er in doors comes in looks at telly, tuts and walks out again :D

OoohRobbieRobbie
09-02-2012, 12:40

Thing is, my Mrs and her Dad are United fans, and she's been to their matches on and off for around 13 years. But when I get irate/swear/stress/cheer/go mental watching Wolves she gets annoyed, she left her OWN house last season when I was watching an away game and we got screwed by the ref (can't remember which one off the top of my head).

It just doesn't mean the same to the 'big team' supporters. They wouldn't know passion if it smacked them in the face. I said "Your dad would watch United in the Champions League Final if he was on holiday and couldn't go to the game", she said, "Wolves vs Albion isn't the Champions League Final"....."$$$$in is bab!"

Edgmond Wolf
09-02-2012, 12:50
Thing is, my Mrs and her Dad are United fans, and she's been to their matches on and off for around 13 years. But when I get irate/swear/stress/cheer/go mental watching Wolves she gets annoyed, she left her OWN house last season when I was watching an away game and we got screwed by the ref (can't remember which one off the top of my head).

It just doesn't mean the same to the 'big team' supporters. They wouldn't know passion if it smacked them in the face. I said "Your dad would watch United in the Champions League Final if he was on holiday and couldn't go to the game", she said, "Wolves vs Albion isn't the Champions League Final"....."$$$$in is bab!"

:D Priceless!!