PDA

View Full Version : Danny Batth vs Blackpool

Loyal Wolves Loyal
07-02-2012, 19:29
No not by himself

Sheff Wed vs Blackpool on ESPN

will be interesting to see how hes doing and if he is ready to be around the squad for next season.

AW
07-02-2012, 20:00
Wednesday already 1-0 down.

Jamesjh89
07-02-2012, 20:01
Just got skinned by lualua For the 2nd goal

andyc225
07-02-2012, 20:03
Drubbing on the cards by the looks of things. Wednesday as a unit look awful. The goalkeeper's distribution is horrible.

AW
07-02-2012, 20:21
Come on Wednesday!

Dubwolf71
07-02-2012, 20:40
Come on Wednesday!
Only 3 1/2 hours to wait. :D

AW
07-02-2012, 20:42
Only 3 1/2 hours to wait. :D

I just can't get enough of Wednesday.

bridgnorthwolf
07-02-2012, 20:55
He's making Berra look like Paolo Maldini at the moment. Being dragged all over the place, looks nervous, uncomfortable in possession and feeble.

Ashley
07-02-2012, 20:58
He won't make it with us and certainly not in the prem

Ashley
07-02-2012, 20:59
Just done a terrible job for the 3rd as well

bridgnorthwolf
07-02-2012, 21:03
Just done a terrible job for the 3rd as well

Backing off, backing off, backing off and Christ knows what that attempt at a block was supposed to be. Comedy defending.

Jonzy54
07-02-2012, 21:05
The boy is a quick learner.He backed off and backed off beautifully for the third goal.

bridgnorthwolf
07-02-2012, 21:10
Is it just me or does he look like Shane Westley from some angles, from a slight distance? Similar ability too.

goldeneyed
07-02-2012, 21:24
I thought he was seen as a very good prospect. If this report is accurate then it seems our fabled and expensive Academy has produced yet another player only suited to the lower leagues.

bridgnorthwolf
07-02-2012, 21:37
He's liked by Sheffield Wednesday's fans, but tonight he has looked way, way out of his depth.

andyc225
07-02-2012, 21:39
He's liked by Sheffield Wednesday's fans, but tonight he has looked way, way out of his depth.

To be fair to him, he's got 10 awful players around him. To me he looked the best of a bad bunch.

bridgnorthwolf
07-02-2012, 21:50
To be fair to him, he's got 10 awful players around him. To me he looked the best of a bad bunch.

I think that's the general view of him, but tonight he was one of the worst of the bunch from what I saw. At fault for two of the goals, went missing when Matt Phillips really should have made it 4-0.

But yeah Sheffield Wednesday are abysmal.

Phys Ed Wolf
07-02-2012, 22:20
He may as well quit then, eh?

PeteWolf
08-02-2012, 00:38
It doesn't seem to be working out for him at Wednesday at the moment. It's a shame really as I've rated him every time I've seen him for the reserves/friendlies before.

It is one of the problems with loaning kids out though, you really need to send them out to good clubs where they will learn. Not poor sides where their growth will be stunted. I wouldn't write him off just yet, get him somewhere else first and see how he goes from there.

derbyrameater
08-02-2012, 01:16
..It is one of the problems with loaning kids out though, you really need to send them out to good clubs where they will learn. Not poor sides where their growth will be stunted..

If Arsenal and Spurs who aren`t run by idiots, loan players to Wolves they must have faith in MM as a teacher.

I wonder what the knockers have to say about that?

Dewolf
08-02-2012, 07:35
It doesn't seem to be working out for him at Wednesday at the moment. It's a shame really as I've rated him every time I've seen him for the reserves/friendlies before.

It is one of the problems with loaning kids out though, you really need to send them out to good clubs where they will learn. Not poor sides where their growth will be stunted. I wouldn't write him off just yet, get him somewhere else first and see how he goes from there.

He's played every game this season for them!?! For a team that on the way to getting promoted!!

Mighty Thor
08-02-2012, 08:40
If Arsenal and Spurs who aren`t run by idiots, loan players to Wolves they must have faith in MM as a teacher.

I wonder what the knockers have to say about that?

Maybe they want those players to feel how $$$$ it is to loose every week so they develop a winning mentality?

If you really think Arsenal sent Frimpong here for a footballing education from Mick and clipboard your deluded.

bridgnorthwolf
08-02-2012, 09:14
He's played every game this season for them!?! For a team that on the way to getting promoted!!

I did say in the summer he needed to play in the Championship this time around. A relegation battle would be far more character building and at a higher level. But from what I've seen I can understand why no Championship clubs were interested.

JOSWolf
08-02-2012, 10:16
He was poor last night but I was under the impression he was doing well for Sheffield Wednesday this season.

singwolf_1
08-02-2012, 11:15
Jesus! Thats 1 game - no one is perfect. He's an exceptional player.

Wolves in Limerick
08-02-2012, 11:19
I was of the same opinion as JOSWolf. I wonder who wanted to win this game less. Did both team make a significant number of changes on the team that lined for their previous game or did they field similar teams?

bridgnorthwolf
08-02-2012, 11:22
I was of the same opinion as JOSWolf. I wonder who wanted to win this game less. Did both team make a significant number of changes on the team that lined for their previous game or did they field similar teams?

It was a full strength Sheffield Wednesday.

Blackpool brought in a couple of fringe players, but was virtually a full strength side.

Wolves in Limerick
08-02-2012, 11:25
Thanks bridgnorth. Seems they were up for the match then.

Essex Wolf
08-02-2012, 11:29
I know when he was at Colchester many of their fans rated him highly but listening to Sky last night Salarko indicated he got roasted for one of Blackpools goals.

bridgnorthwolf
08-02-2012, 11:38
Wednesday fans booed them off last night and chanted "what a load of rubbish" for 15 minutes before the final whistle. Bit odd considering they appear to be doing ok in the league and would have been underdogs last night, but it was an abysmal performance.

derbyrameater
08-02-2012, 14:10
Maybe they want those players to feel how $$$$ it is to loose every week so they develop a winning mentality?

If you really think Arsenal sent Frimpong here for a footballing education from Mick and clipboard your deluded.

You be negative and I`ll be positive!

Dewolf
08-02-2012, 18:34
I did say in the summer he needed to play in the Championship this time around. A relegation battle would be far more character building and at a higher level. But from what I've seen I can understand why no Championship clubs were interested.

Er, he went to Sheffield United last season when they were in a relegation battle. They didn't give him any starts.

Why people write someone off after watching on game is beyond me. Wed fans think he's good and they've seen him play every game this season. I choose to listen their views.

bridgnorthwolf
08-02-2012, 19:34
I've seen him several times, playing here and at Sheffield Wednesday.

As said, they like him there, but the thought of him being anywhere near a Premier League squad is laughable. He's playing at his level and was ripped apart by a better quality (Championship) opposition last night.

Oldgold Wolfcub
08-02-2012, 19:49
Birmingham are in the same league as Blackpool and I didn't see our first or second team do much better against them.

wolvo_boi
08-02-2012, 19:56
Birmingham are in the same league as Blackpool and I didn't see our first or second team do much better against them.

And it wasnt Birminghams first team either.

bridgnorthwolf
08-02-2012, 20:19

Our defence was never exactly stretched though apart from for the one goal in 180+ minutes. No one was ripped to shreds.