PDA

View Full Version : So what is the point??

KiwiWolf
07-02-2012, 17:20
What's the point of appealing a red card? The rules for awarding a red card seem to change from week to week, game to game and ref to ref. If they are wrong, such as Milijas and Huth, and the club appeals, they are denied as the FA committee who are nameless, faceless and spineless do not consider the ref to have made a serious error of judgement. Whatever that is? Until this whole area is made more transparent and clearly defined it will continue to bring scorn and ridicule from outside the game and foster anger and resentment within it. Insane, but sadly typical of the FA.

Burton Wolf
07-02-2012, 17:31
Beckford got off today.

Hrothgar
07-02-2012, 17:47
The point is that it presents an opportunity for the rich and powerful clubs to get decisions overturned.

Stokie in Stafford
07-02-2012, 18:18
It is gonna cause a lot of problems. Just say that on Sat Fletcher is running rings around the baggies. There worse player (?) thinks I know I will take him out. Fletcher $$$$ed for the season and the baggies worse player missing for 3 games. There is no point in pulling out of a tackle when you get the same ban for following it through. All hypothetical but you can see what I am saying. (I hope). It would seriously hinder your chances of staying up while would only affect them for the remainder of that 1 game. Teams like Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton may well see this as a way of taking out the opposition.

northnorfolkwolf
07-02-2012, 18:25
It is gonna cause a lot of problems. Just say that on Sat Fletcher is running rings around the baggies. There worse player (?) thinks I know I will take him out. Fletcher $$$$ed for the season and the baggies worse player missing for 3 games. There is no point in pulling out of a tackle when you get the same ban for following it through. All hypothetical but you can see what I am saying. (I hope). It would seriously hinder your chances of staying up while would only affect them for the remainder of that 1 game. Teams like Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton may well see this as a way of taking out the opposition.
Equally so could we???????!!!!!!! A classic example of the not unatural Wolves bias on here which often distorts decent debate?

Jungleee
07-02-2012, 18:27

Will never happen. We are playing on Sunday. Counter that argument BITCH :D

Stokie in Stafford
07-02-2012, 18:30
Will never happen. We are playing on Sunday. Counter that argument BITCH :D

I like to call him 'on sat fletcher' as he spent a bit of time on the treatment table/bench. :p

Burton Wolf
07-02-2012, 19:47
I like to call him 'on sat fletcher' as he spent a bit of time on the treatment table/bench. :p

Like Etherington did after we played you last season :D Missed the Cup Final didn't he? :D:D:D

Keith Maniac
07-02-2012, 19:50
The only point of appealing is if you are the FA, trying to get your main man's three match ban reduced.

Stokie in Stafford
07-02-2012, 20:02
Like Etherington did after we played you last season :D Missed the Cup Final didn't he? :D:D:D

I think they all did. :embarassed: