Jonzy54
06-02-2012, 21:20
Irritating knob.

Arcadius
06-02-2012, 21:21
I agree! Gets on my tits!!

Jungleee
06-02-2012, 21:22
So are Liverpool FC as a whole. $$$$ing muppet of a "fan" shining a lazer at Assou Ekotto's eyes.

SouthBankHobbs
06-02-2012, 21:22
Agreed!! I can't stand him, he's a stuck up his own $$$$ $$$$$.

Dewsburywolf
06-02-2012, 21:24
Irritating knob.

Which reminds me of that famous film director Half red Hitchy $$$$

BlakemoreWolf
06-02-2012, 21:27
Seems like a grumpy old $$$$.

KiwiWolf
06-02-2012, 21:27
Fergie's no better

Jonzy54
06-02-2012, 21:30
Fergie's no better

Sweaty sock thing?

rincewind
06-02-2012, 21:31
Just like everything to do with that club and it's fans - arrogant and jealous that footballs left them behind. Always everybody elses fault when they fail. I find them and there now sad but still glory hunting fans the worst of the top 6 (and that is saying something with Chelsea, Man U & Arsenal in the same group)!

JOSWolf
06-02-2012, 21:34
He seems very arrogant to me. I used to think he was alright but he doesn't come across very well in interviews and its always poor liverpool with him. The way he reacted to Skirtels booking tonight was typical of him.

Jonzy54
06-02-2012, 21:42
Fergie's no better

Sweaty sock thing?

DEVIZESWOLVES
06-02-2012, 21:45
Just like everything to do with that club and it's fans - arrogant and jealous that footballs left them behind. Always everybody elses fault when they fail. I find them and there now sad but still glory hunting fans the worst of the top 6 (and that is saying something with Chelsea, Man U & Arsenal in the same group)!

This!!! I despise everything about that club, always someone else's fault, always the victims and hard done by.

arctic rime
07-02-2012, 07:18
Victims !

Adrian_Monk
07-02-2012, 07:29
I take it the 80's passed you all by then....he hasn't changed a bit.

wolf97
07-02-2012, 07:33
Utter knobhead of a man, so are their fans, $$$$ing disgusting club. I hope they go bust.

Dr Wolfenstein
07-02-2012, 07:35
This!!! I despise everything about that club, always someone else's fault, always the victims and hard done by.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/dalglish-heysel.shtm

I never did like the way the game was still played at Heysel nor Dalglish's attitude to it. As you say, always someone else's fault.

Danwolf
07-02-2012, 07:36
I never used to give Liverpool a 2nd thought but since the Suarez thing I now cannot stand them, their arrogant fans or their manager. Dalglish needs to learn to accept it and move on. Their fans are worse - if anyone one twitter, or any other internet sites says anything backing the Suarez ban or condemning Dalglish they just get a torrent of uneducated abuse from bell end Liverpool fans. The racism from their fans on twitter is unbelievable. Hope they fail miserably once again this year and win nothing.

OCD Wolf
07-02-2012, 07:47
I really can't stand anything about that club or that City. Forever, the 'victims', always somebody else's fault and 'being owed' is ingrained in the whole culture of the place.

They gave us the 'win at all costs mentality' to blights our game to this day, invented 'playing the ref.' in the 1980s and have fanus who consistently re-write history.

They banned Shankly from their training ground after he retired and he passed away a broken upset man, despite everything he did form them.

Also they have so many 'plastic' fans around my age, do they not know the City and Culture they are buying into??

I am over the moon that a whole generation of kids are growing up having never seen them win the title, and hopefully their downward spiral continues...

And yes, Dalglish is a total tool. I vaguely know someone who played against him in the 80s and he has told me he was an absolute tool as a player and as a man. Howver, he told me that Souness was by far the hardest player he'd ever encountered, didn't say a word, he'd just look at you and you'd know you were a dead man walking...

scottishwolf II
07-02-2012, 07:51
The whole Suarez thing has reflected so badly on the club. Every step of the way they have done literally the most stupid and repugnant thing they could do. Well done to Dagleish for bringing that all home yesterday with his final amazingly stupid comment.

OCD Wolf
07-02-2012, 07:54
As for Suarez, if ever a club and a player deserved each other...

Scott.Cooper
07-02-2012, 08:14
I turned tha game off before the interviews and have just seen it now - what a kn0b!

I can't stand the guy - he always seems to have a problem with the interviewer. Makes our performance against them even more annoying!

FLEET WOLF
07-02-2012, 08:15
He seems very arrogant to me. I used to think he was alright but he doesn't come across very well in interviews and its always poor liverpool with him. The way he reacted to Skirtels booking tonight was typical of him.

I used to think he was ok, but he is awful now and he and Liverpool lost all credibilty to me over the Suarez thing (and the sooner that little $$$$ goes back to whereever he came from the better!).

Wagstaffe Was Magic
07-02-2012, 09:17
The most miserable man in football

Macman
07-02-2012, 09:19
Irritating knob.

Superb thread - and opening comment! Couldn't agree more. Absolutely hate the man, the team, the fans and the city.

wolf97
07-02-2012, 09:37
The only thing about Liverpool I like is the Beatles. Awful $$$$ hole of a city, horrible club, the most irritating accent in the country. I could go on...

But I like Everton :embarassed:

asleulv
07-02-2012, 09:44
Hate everything about him and the football club.

FetishWolf
07-02-2012, 10:52
Came across incredibly badly last night. Obtuse we can live with downright rude is different

kennyB
07-02-2012, 11:05
Whatever anyone thinks about Dalgleish, and I don't disagree with any of the above comments, he was a terrific footballer, always enjoyed watching him play.

Tettenhall Wolf
07-02-2012, 11:24
Give it a rest will you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16918255

RedWolf
07-02-2012, 11:25
The only thing about Liverpool I like is the Beatles. Awful $$$$ hole of a city, horrible club, the most irritating accent in the country. I could go on...

It annoys me that Everton are always living in the shadow of Liverpool when they are a much better club!

Strats
07-02-2012, 11:28
Sweaty sock thing?

Thank God Fergies not black in that case.

Timberwolf
07-02-2012, 11:34
I quite like Liverpool as a club to be honest. Certainly not the worst club by any means.

Bend It Like Dennison
07-02-2012, 11:44

Say what you like about Liverpool the football team but Liverpool the city isnt a $$$$hole in the slightest.

For shopping, bars, culture, restaurants etc it absolutely $$$$s on anywhere near us and Id say as far as city centres go is only second to London and Manchester.

Much like the team, dont judge it on the 80's alone... things have moved on. The team may have gone backwards but the city has come on in leaps and bounds.

long ball man
07-02-2012, 11:52
Tbh I have always thought of Liverpool as being marginally the least odious of the modern 'Big 4'. I admire aspects of their heritage and stuff like never having place names on supporters' flags...they are what I would call a 'proper club' with aspects of a distinct identity.

However...

Their reaction to the Suarez affair and in particular that of Dalgish, has I think, lost them a lot of goodwill from other supporters.

The really depressing thing though is the 'my club...right or wrong' mentality they have shown is so all pervading in football. Are we really that confident that if a Wolves player did what Suarez did that a Wolves manager wouldn't close ranks and some of our idiots wouldn't have shirts with 'Negrito' written on the back? I am not.

FLEET WOLF
07-02-2012, 11:54
Tbh I have always thought of Liverpool as being marginally the least odious of the modern 'Big 4'. I admire aspects of their heritage and stuff like never having place names on supporters' flags...they are what I would call a 'proper club' with aspects of a distinct identity.

However...

Their reaction to the Suarez affair and in particular that of Dalgish, has I think, lost them a lot of goodwill from other supporters.

The really depressing thing though is the 'my club...right or wrong' mentality they have shown is so all pervading in football. Are we really that confident that if a Wolves player did what Suarez did that a Wolves manager wouldn't close ranks and some of our idiots wouldn't have shirts with 'Negrito' written on the back? I am not.

You have a point.

wolf97
07-02-2012, 11:55
Say what you like about Liverpool the football team but Liverpool the city isnt a $$$$hole in the slightest.

For shopping, bars, culture, restaurants etc it absolutely $$$$s on anywhere near us and Id say as far as city centres go is only second to London and Manchester.

Much like the team, dont judge it on the 80's alone... things have moved on. The team may have gone backwards but the city has come on in leaps and bounds.

You seen the back streets?

Bankswolf II
07-02-2012, 11:57

Every area has it's fair share of back streets and rural areas

I prefer going to Liverpool than London any day

OCD Wolf
07-02-2012, 11:59
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11693308

but it's not their fault...

Bend It Like Dennison
07-02-2012, 11:59

Yep, as with any city it has its dog$$$$ parts.

Take a walk round Wolverhampton City Centre and Liverpool City Centre and tell me which you think is better.

OCD Wolf
07-02-2012, 12:03
Glasgow, Liverpool, Nottingham top jobless households..

Liverpool has topped the list in five of the past seven years, and has been in the top three in the other two years.

long ball man
07-02-2012, 12:05
I think you are on very dodgy ground if you try to conflate the shortcomings of Liverpool FC with those of Liverpool the place.

Although the 2007 Indices of Multiple Deprivation showed that of the 40 poorest 'Super Output Areas' (smaller than a ward) in England, no fewer than 15 were in liverpool with only one in Brum and none in the Black Country.

Anyway can we get back to the topic please/ I thought my previous posting bwas rather insightful ;)

JOSWolf
07-02-2012, 13:44
I thought Dalglish lacked a lot of class in his interview last night when he insinuated that Suarez should never have been out for that long.
He always seems so confrontational with the media aswell.

Edgmond Wolf
07-02-2012, 14:00
Daglish is not doing Liverpool a service on the media front at all.

His interviews are attrosious (nearly as bad as my spelling) and he has made a balls up of the racist remarks

Big Saft Kid
07-02-2012, 14:12
They banned Shankly from their training ground after he retired and he passed away a broken upset man, despite everything he did form them.

I didn't know that. Liverpool under Shankly and Bob Paisley were a great club. Not only the football they played, but back in the 1960s when they got back into the top division after 10 years out of it, the crowd there were the first to really get into the witty singing and chanting. They even did a Panorama special on them (it's on the web if you want to have a look) because it was such a novelty -- always rememeber the Kop running through the Beatles songbook the day they beat Arsenal 5-1 to take the league title in 1964. I used to love going to watch Wolves there (and usually stood at the back of the Kop), even though we invariably got beat. Sadly, things went downhill in the 80s for the whole city.

Jungleee
07-02-2012, 14:14
Sadly, things went downhill in the 80s for the whole city.

Hate Thatcher, but gotta admit "Abandon Liverpool" was a class idea. Still agree with it :D

OCD Wolf
07-02-2012, 14:33
'managed decline' was the phrase used...

OCD Wolf
07-02-2012, 14:36
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/18/bill-shankly-liverpool-manager

How the 'salt of the Earth' treated their legendary manager...

Jungleee
07-02-2012, 14:36
'managed decline' was the phrase used...

You are correct, although it essentially means abandon Liverpool...

wolf97
07-02-2012, 15:04
Daglish is not doing Liverpool a service on the media front at all.

His interviews are atrocious(nearly as bad as my spelling) and he has made a balls up of the racist remarks

There ya go! :wavey:

But yeah, Dalglish is a complete tool and not as good a manager as some think he is.

SuperTigerWolf
07-02-2012, 15:09
Hate Thatcher, but gotta admit "Abandon Liverpool" was a class idea. Still agree with it :D

Inclined to agree :D

OCD Wolf
07-02-2012, 15:21
Inclined to agree :D

The idea being that money used to regenerate Liverpool was redistributed to areas that actaully cared, such as the North East and the Midlands.

A fine idea it was...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16355281