PDA

View Full Version : Michael Oliver

Jonzy54
06-02-2012, 21:09
Over the piece I thought he was excellent again tonight.He didn't fall for any kidology or Scouse fans myopia.I have said it before I think he is the best in the PL and unlike Webb doesn't try to be the centre of attention.

Jamesjh89
06-02-2012, 21:10
Until he gets the title of best ref, then it will go to his head... Just like webb

richiej95
06-02-2012, 21:11
Agree, but IMO the tackle by Skrtel on Bale near the end deserved a red card, awful tackle

Ponty
06-02-2012, 21:21
Over the piece I thought he was excellent again tonight.He didn't fall for any kidology or Scouse fans myopia.I have said it before I think he is the best in the PL and unlike Webb doesn't try to be the centre of attention.

Agree entirely. I think he's far and away the best ref in the PL now.

richiej95
06-02-2012, 21:23
He is a great ref, who was in charge of our game v QPR at the weekend? Looked to do a great job on the stream I was watching!

Dewsburywolf
06-02-2012, 21:27
who was in charge of our game v QPR at the weekend? Looked to do a great job on the stream I was watching!

Clottenberk

andyc225
06-02-2012, 21:27
Him and Clattenburg are the best refs in my opinion. Webb just loves to be centre of attention.

crasm98
06-02-2012, 21:30
Oliver seems to have the complete respect of the players too which is always good

Ponty
06-02-2012, 21:36
Oliver seems to have the complete respect of the players too which is always good

I think that's mainly because he gets most things right, but also because he has a low profile - compare this to Webb who has started to think he's the reason people are turning up to watch PL matches.

JOSWolf
06-02-2012, 21:37
Agree, but IMO the tackle by Skrtel on Bale near the end deserved a red card, awful tackle

Yet did you see good ole King Kenny's reaction to the booking?
Unbelievable! He should have been thanking the ref for not sending him off! Dalglsih is fast becoming the manager I most dislike in this league. I'm sick of his whining and its all everybody elses fault and not Liverpools attitude.

Akaman
06-02-2012, 22:28
He seems to explain his decisions to the players which has to help, wish he'd have booked Carroll though for constantly telling him to $$$$ off, and I remember seeing someone was sent off for foul and abusive language on Saturday.

KiwiWolf
06-02-2012, 22:39
He seems to explain his decisions to the players which has to help, wish he'd have booked Carroll though for constantly telling him to $$$$ off, and I remember seeing someone was sent off for foul and abusive language on Saturday.

Yes I thought that. Carroll must have told him to $$$$ off at least 8 or 9 times and he did nothing!

JW
06-02-2012, 22:48
Yes I thought that. Carroll must have told him to $$$$ off at least 8 or 9 times and he did nothing!

Didnt let it get to him though..

Surprised no one has mentioned the Bale dive. Cheating $$$$

Sharples
07-02-2012, 08:12

you mean the one where he got the ball with only one foot?

FLEET WOLF
07-02-2012, 08:26

Probably right, but overall he referreed the game really well. As is always said, you are not really aware of good referees and I wasn't aware of him last night.

FLEET WOLF
07-02-2012, 08:28

Lots of players continually say $$$$ off in the general direction of the referree if they don't agree with decisions. If they were all sent off, most games would be abandoned after about an hour.

Danwolf
07-02-2012, 12:11
As refs go Oliver has been outstanding this season. I couldnt even be annoyed with him for giving Villa a pen and sending Henry off as he was spot on! He and Attwell are about the same age aren't they? Not quite in the same league though (a bit of an understatement!)

Mr Wolf
07-02-2012, 12:37
Yet did you see good ole King Kenny's reaction to the booking?
Unbelievable! He should have been thanking the ref for not sending him off! Dalglsih is fast becoming the manager I most dislike in this league. I'm sick of his whining and its all everybody elses fault and not Liverpools attitude.

Got to agree, why did he have to comment on the Saurez thing again also just let it go.