PDA

View Full Version : Stay Up or Go Down - Poll #2

Scott.Cooper
06-02-2012, 14:03
Just under a week ago I put a poll up asking if you thought we would stay up or go down. This was just before the window shut, we had won only 2 of 20 games and were due to face an in form Liverpool side.

64% of you thought Wolves would go down.

So, the window is now shut and we have Bassong. We lost that game to Liverpool and Molineux Mix went into meltdown. We then beat QPR and then to knock us back down to earth Frimpong goes and rules himself out for the season.

So, as of today, knowing what we do, will Wolves stay up or go down?

FLEET WOLF
06-02-2012, 14:15
Possibly the goal that Doyle scored will restore his (and the team's) confidence and help us, together with the return of Henry. It will be mighty close though.

JOSWolf
06-02-2012, 14:23
Frimpong is a big big loss. I was so looking forward to him playing with OHara.
I'm sick of our luck with injuries!
We have to hope and pray key players like Fletch, Ohara, Jarvis and Bassong stay fit now or we would be stuffed.
It will be very tough. We really need to beat the $$$$ on Sunday. It would bring them right back into the scrap.

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 14:33
We will survive.....

We shall not, We shall not be moved
Wolves are staying in the Premier League

Pessimistic Wolf
06-02-2012, 14:34
I think we're going down, mostly because there's a hell of a lot of quality in this league.

Yes, Blackburn look damned, as do Wigan, however...

Wigan usually scrape it, and QPR have spent well, Norwich and Swansea both play great football and show no signs of implosion. WBA might go down, but Roy is a good manager.

oldgolded
06-02-2012, 14:42
I put staying up, but without any great conviction. Can't help feeling that our luck will run out eventually.

Sedgley Gold N Black
06-02-2012, 15:13
I thought we would stay up before today but after the Frimmy news its the first time I'm not feeling confident.

Jalwolf
06-02-2012, 15:14
I think Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan are going down. Pretty confident Blackburn and Wigan are going down.

Famous last words.

Burton Wolf
06-02-2012, 15:15
First season up West Ham away swung it for me.

Last season Sunderland away made me think we'd done it. Then look what happened.

So I've no idea so I'll refrain from voting if that's ok.

SimplyTheWolves
06-02-2012, 15:20
Although there hasn’t been much evidence to suggest we have the ability to get the points needed so far this season, I really do believe we will definitely stay up. Yes we have just lost Frimpong which is a great loss to us, but our win against QPR has given the squad the incentive to push on and achieve what is clearly possible with the right attitude.

There will be setbacks along the way but we'll get over them, and if the players want it badly enough, which I'm sure they do, then ultimately we'll get the points we need. Roll on Sunday, three points are coming our way.

Tettenhall Wolf
06-02-2012, 15:26
Like on your last poll Scott, I will stick with us stay up (just), but just as I thought before the Liverpool game, it's probably going to be a very tense last game v Wigan!

Tettenhall Wolf
06-02-2012, 15:27
Can't help feeling that our luck will run out eventually.

I wouldn't exactly say we were a lucky club.

ps I do know what I think you mean i.e. 3 other teams being worse than us.

Timberwolf
06-02-2012, 15:31
I still think we're going down. The Cisse sending off turned the game Saturday, nothing else!
However, stuff the baggies and I may start believing we can do it!!!

Bostin
06-02-2012, 15:33
Down.

We were lucky to win on Saturday and in no way does it paper over the gaping cracks.

Sandwell Wolf
06-02-2012, 15:47
I put staying up, but without any great conviction. Can't help feeling that our luck will run out eventually.

What luck!?

Metal Wolf89
06-02-2012, 15:48
I think we will be going down sadly.

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 15:50
I think our biggest problem all season has been letting in too many goals lets hope with the addition of Bassong we can remedy this problem

Metal Wolf89
06-02-2012, 15:59
I think our biggest problem all season has been letting in too many goals lets hope with the addition of Bassong we can remedy this problem

Still don't know how to attack in the final third though...

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 16:04
Still don't know how to attack in the final third though...
Jarvis and Fletcher have done OK for goals we just leak too many

wolf97
06-02-2012, 16:17
I'll wait until after the Albion game before I decide.

Paul76
06-02-2012, 16:48

Took the words out of my mouth.

worc.wolves
06-02-2012, 17:30
Sticking with my original prediction.

We shall not be moved!! Come on the wolves!!

Hatch End
06-02-2012, 17:45
If we lose next Sunday the poll result will be reversed!

Wolfion
06-02-2012, 18:16
It's going to be really tough, but we do have matches against those in and around us that could be critical. Pensonally I think 5 wins and a few draws will be needed. If we can win on Sunday and get crucial wins against Bolton and Blackburn at home then there is hope.

We have no more room for mistakes however. We only have 4 more home matches against non top 6 teams, barring a shock result we may need to win all four plus sneak an away win somewhere. No doubting it is squeaky bum time.

Nero wolf
06-02-2012, 18:28
Down.

We were lucky to win on Saturday and in no way does it paper over the gaping cracks.

Kinda agree.We were lucky that Cisse lost his marbles and got himself sent off..against the ten men we then proceded to earn our win IMO.
It wasn´t the stuff that impresses though.
I think we have left it too late,and Mick McCarthy has rode his luck one time too many this turn around.
Add the injury of Frimpong,and we still lack quality central midfield.
Our biggest hope is that Bassong turns out to be all quality and manages to galvanise the defence a bit more.
Still fancy Bolton under Coyle to finish ahead of us,like QPR.

WonderWolf
06-02-2012, 18:50
We are staying up.

Scott.Cooper
06-02-2012, 19:55
Amazing the difference a week makes - it's totally turned around, almost 60% now think we'll stay up.

Are our emotions really that up and down?

PumpKing
06-02-2012, 20:07
Amazing the difference a week makes - it's totally turned around, almost 60% now think we'll stay up.

You have to ask ????

WonderWolf
06-02-2012, 20:31

I suspected this to be a 'fickleometer'...:D

Win = positivity
Loss = negativity
Draw = turmoil

Bostin
06-02-2012, 23:11

Nope, I'm consistently pessimistic thanks! :D

Danwolf
07-02-2012, 07:41
It's amazing the difference a win makes! When we've won you start to believe that anything is possible. I think a lot hinges on Sunday - win that and we could drag a few other teams into it. I pinning my hopes on Blackburn and Wigan being doomed and another team sinking like a stone like Brum last year - maybe McLeish can do it 2 years in a row?

Hoganstolemywife
07-02-2012, 07:58
What may well work in our favour is that most of our late season games are against clubs who will almost certainly have nothing to play for at the time.

The likes of Norwich/Swansea/Stoke/Everton etc. will all be safe but adrift of Europe by the team we face.

Hatch End
07-02-2012, 08:49
Bit of overconfidence setting in on The Mix, since Saturday.

As I see it, from a less optimistic outlook, The Frimp has gone and Henry will be back after Sunday.Apart from Bassong in defence nothing has changed.

Can't see that it's going to be anything but a struggle for the rest of the season, unless we get lucky and the opposition are reduced to ten men every game.

Edgmond Wolf
07-02-2012, 09:46

As I see it, from a less optimistic outlook, The Frimp has gone and Henry will be back after Sunday.Apart from Bassong in defence nothing has changed.

Can't see that it's going to be anything but a struggle for the rest of the season, unless we get lucky and the opposition are reduced to ten men every game.

Doyle scored.
Wolves got three more points
O Hara has returned from injury

asleulv
07-02-2012, 09:48
I'm sad to say I think we are going down this season, especially with Frimpong leaving.

Hatch End
07-02-2012, 10:02
Who knows whether Mick will send the team out that finished the QPR game, both in personnel and tactics. Doyle might be back on the bench, Stearman at right-back, The Frimp has gone....................on the other hand we won't have Karl Henry.

History is against Mick. He is far more likely to revert to his normal nervous defensive football and unless we are lucky we will have to play against eleven men this week.

If we win great, but as it's local derby who knows? Draw the most likely result.

SimplyTheWolves
07-02-2012, 12:23

Not being critical but I don't think overconfidence is the word, I think belief is more appropriate, whether it's warranted or not is up to us to decide. Getting a win at QPR was in my opinion our best result of the season so far, yes it was against 10 men, but how many times has that proved an advantage for teams in the past.

No matter how we achieved the win on Saturday is in many respects irrelevant, it was just what we the fans needed, and without doubt the team. To me in the second half the players proved to us, as well as themselves that with a little belief they have the ability to win.

This belief has been lacking for a very long time, lets grasp it while we have the chance. Of course we'll lose more matches in our quest for survival, but if we continue to approach every match with the belief we have now, then we stand a much better chance.

Essex Wolf
07-02-2012, 15:54

Just as I see it.

One fortunate win hardly indicates all will suddenly be well.

The loss of Frimpong is a big blow but with O'Hara back it's a case of lose one good player but gain another so overall things are much of a muchness.

Another couple of wins and I might start thinking Wolves have a chance of staying up but not just yet because of a win at QPR. Until Cisse went off they were running the game.

MonkeySpanner
07-02-2012, 19:04
I think we'll go down as under McCarthy I don't think we've moved forward one iota while in the Premiership.

Three far better managers in my opinion have been out there and snagged by other teams, Jol, O'Niel and Hughes so I think some blame is with Morgan also for not having the guts to sack Mick and move the team forward. This also, again in my opinion is why Morgan won't spend as I don't believe in his mind he actually thinks Mick is the right manager now for Wolves.

Hatch End
07-02-2012, 19:27
I can't see that Morgan has any faith in Mad Mick.

No permanent signing of any consequence, during the window, and the stadium development "temporarily" suspended.
Doesn't look like an expression of confidence in the manager....or the immediate future of the club.

I think / hope that Mick will be paid off at the end of the season, whatever happens. Even if we escape relegation I think that will be the right thing to do.
Sorry Mick fans but we will never be anything but relegation fodder otherwise.

A much worse situation would arise if he's kept on after relegation and we don't immediately win every game. There will be no fund of goodwill this time around!

kennyB
07-02-2012, 19:49
I agree with hatch, don't think Morgan has any confidence in Mick or the team and is gearing up for relegation.

Edgmond Wolf
07-02-2012, 20:12
I think Morgan does have faith in MM but it's wearing thin unless we survive

Let's hope Mick can perform the miracle of survival again

Come on the wolves

Nero wolf
08-02-2012, 12:53
Looking at upcoming fixtures,we could easily be back bottom three.
I think we have left it too late to be honest.
We seriously lack the necessary quality at central midfield to get us out of our own mess.Given that Frimpong is gone..we will rely completely on that O´Hara finds the form missing since the run in last season.
We are at a severe disadvantage compared to Bolton for example when the manager is concerned.
McCarthys luck will run out at one stage,especially since we are fighting relegation with such narrow margins we do under him.
I think this season will be it..unless Bassong turns into a worldbeater and manages to completely galvanize our leaking defence.