PDA

View Full Version : The sack race

oldgolded
06-02-2012, 13:02
I'm afraid I don't know how to transfer the information onto MM, but 'The Sack Race' website have now issued odds for the next Wolves manager. Makes very interesting reading. Benitez favourite at 4/1 and Dave Jones second favourite at 5/1. Perhaps someone who is a bit more computer literate than me could transfer the information over.

dazmanwolf
06-02-2012, 13:05
http://www.thesackrace.com/premier-league/

http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/wolverhampton-wanderers/

Penk Wolf
06-02-2012, 13:14
Wolverhampton Wanderers were promoted to the Premier League in 2010

wwfc9
06-02-2012, 13:15
I'd put Money on no other premiership manager being sacked this season .

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 13:18
Have they been looking at MolMix to get the new managers list LOL

scottishwolf II
06-02-2012, 13:20
Mick still in the lead then. Martinez seems low for the season they are having.

Scott.Cooper
06-02-2012, 13:26
Dave Jones? Have I missed something?

Ulver
06-02-2012, 13:28
Mick still in the lead then. Martinez seems low for the season they are having.

Some people think Mick and the board/owner are too pally but Martinez is almost like Whelan's adopted son. Can't see him being sacked even if they finished comfortably last.

OldWolvesfart
06-02-2012, 13:37
Maybe bring in Solksjaer to work under Mick especially with the forwards and attacking midfielders. Go on, give him a call Jez.

Penk Wolf
06-02-2012, 13:47
Some people think Mick and the board/owner are too pally but Martinez is almost like Whelan's adopted son. Can't see him being sacked even if they finished comfortably last.

I think it's morally very difficult for Whelan to sack Martinez after he turned down the Villa job.

Golden_Wolf
06-02-2012, 13:49

Definitely.

Martinez rejecting Villa in the summer as well has definitely helped too.

Oldgold Wolfcub
06-02-2012, 16:48
http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/wolverhampton-wanderers/
Take out the caretaker managers and the list is not that long.

Arcadius
06-02-2012, 18:02
Didn't realise McGarry came back for a short second spell! Anyone remember what happened?

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 18:11
Didn't realise McGarry came back for a short second spell! Anyone remember what happened?

I dont remember that at all?????

Berlin Wolf
06-02-2012, 18:24
I dont remember that at all?????

Came back in September 1985 and lasted 61 days.

He walked out of the club after a fall-out with the Bhatti Brothers.

On camera he said something like he didn't want to be a part of what was happening to a once great club.

-MTW-
06-02-2012, 18:25
I think it was at the back end of the Bhaati era. He didn't last long the job was impossible. It would have taken a higher authority than BM to get us out of that particular pickle.

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 18:51

On camera he said something like he didn't want to be a part of what was happening to a once great club.

Memories failing!! :eek:

Ponty
06-02-2012, 18:56
Dave Jones? Have I missed something?

I presume this is the DJ now at Wigan coming back as player manager?!

WestChiltingtonwolf
06-02-2012, 19:00
Micks going nowhere after that win.

AW
06-02-2012, 19:12
Addenbrooke was there for a long time wasn't he!

Just out of interest, what's the longest time a manager has been in charge of a club?

Chungster
06-02-2012, 19:15

I wrote for what was left our programme during the Bhatti era. Interviewed BM on a couple of occasions. Saw him close to tears during one post match press conference describing, off the record, to one of the local press boys the humiliating depths to which the club had sunk. He came back to help an 'old friend' on its uppers and it broke his heart.

Berlin Wolf
06-02-2012, 21:01
I wrote for what was left our programme during the Bhatti era. Interviewed BM on a couple of occasions. Saw him close to tears during one post match press conference describing, off the record, to one of the local press boys the humiliating depths to which the club had sunk. He came back to help an 'old friend' on its uppers and it broke his heart.

Interesting inside info, Chungster.

Jalwolf
07-02-2012, 08:22
7-1 for no more managers to get sacked is certainly worth a tenner.

North West Wanderer
07-02-2012, 08:55
Maybe bring in Solksjaer to work under Mick especially with the forwards and attacking midfielders. Go on, give him a call Jez.

Absolutely no chance.

FLEET WOLF
07-02-2012, 09:13

Whatever happened to the wretched Bhattis? $$$$$$$s!

Oxford_Wolf
07-02-2012, 13:19

A win on Sunday could make that a certainty

Vietnam Wolf
07-02-2012, 13:30
Blimey - Shearer's favourite for the Blackbum job if Kean gets sacked .... BRING IT ON ....

wolvesandbooze
07-02-2012, 15:06
7-1 for no more managers to get sacked is certainly worth a tenner.
It certainly is, Martinez won't go, for the Villa reasons already mentioned, Mick won't go end of, Coyle no chance.. Keane if he was it would have been a long time before now. 7-1 seems a steal.

Jalwolf
07-02-2012, 15:48
It certainly is, Martinez won't go, for the Villa reasons already mentioned, Mick won't go end of, Coyle no chance.. Keane if he was it would have been a long time before now. 7-1 seems a steal.

I know. Just can't see anyone going til July/August imho.

FLEET WOLF
07-02-2012, 15:52
Blimey - Shearer's favourite for the Blackbum job if Kean gets sacked .... BRING IT ON ....

There is no way that Shearer will leave the comfort of being a pundit to take over Blackburn, given the way it is currently being run.

Boss Hogg
07-02-2012, 16:04
McCleish at 10/1 to be next to go must be worth a Ģ1 surely?

Penk Wolf
07-02-2012, 16:09
Absolutely no chance.

Why not? He won't go to United.

FLEET WOLF
07-02-2012, 16:17
McCleish at 10/1 to be next to go must be worth a Ģ1 surely?

If Villa finish the season badly I think he could go in the summer. Villa fans are not happy with him. They probably won't go down, but stranger things have happened.

Big Saft Kid
07-02-2012, 16:22
Thay have got to be joking. Shearer is already mega-rich and getting paid thousands a week for stating the bleeding obvious on MOTD. He ran scared of his home-town club when they came calling, so why would he want to manage a basket case like Rovers?

northnorfolkwolf
07-02-2012, 16:26
I agree. I do think, after SMs intervention after the liverpool game, MM was 45 minutes from the chop but those 2 goals saved his bacon. I reckon had we lost Bruce would be in post by now? I think the season has now gone past it's tipping point and MM is certainly in till May, and even if we go down SM will probably see him as the best man to get us back up?

Essex Wolf
07-02-2012, 16:29
I agree. I do think, after SMs intervention after the liverpool game, MM was 45 minutes from the chop but those 2 goals saved his bacon. I reckon had we lost Bruce would be in post by now? I think the season has now gone past it's tipping point and MM is certainly in till May, and even if we go down SM will probably see him as the best man to get us back up?

So had Cisse stayed on and QPR won you think MM would have possibly gone then NW?

northnorfolkwolf
07-02-2012, 16:34
I said on here at ht (or was it at the end?) that if we had lost I'm sure SM, seeing the success esp of MON, then he would have bitten the bullet and gone for his only real option - Steve Bruce. MM has this uncanny knack of getting out of jail time and again.

Essex Wolf
07-02-2012, 16:38
I said on here at ht (or was it at the end?) that if we had lost I'm sure SM, seeing the success esp of MON, then he would have bitten the bullet and gone for his only real option - Steve Bruce. MM has this uncanny knack of getting out of jail time and again.

Should Wolves avoid the drop this season I wonder if Morgan will make a bold move and move Mick on anyway thanking him for his time but accepting that after three seasons the team has stood still.

From things said in the past Morgan wants the club to progress and as I recall there was talk pre season of going for a mid table spot. If that is true I can't imagine that Morgan will be overly impressed with yet another relegation scrap which will be he 3rd on the trot.

Edgmond Wolf
07-02-2012, 17:49
Should Wolves avoid the drop this season I wonder if Morgan will make a bold move and move Mick on anyway thanking him for his time but accepting that after three seasons the team has stood still.

From things said in the past Morgan wants the club to progress and as I recall there was talk pre season of going for a mid table spot. If that is true I can't imagine that Morgan will be overly impressed with yet another relegation scrap which will be he 3rd on the trot.

Morgan only added Johnson?

If we survive I hope he funds the necessary in the summer transfer window

northnorfolkwolf
07-02-2012, 18:22
Funnily enough I think MM has a better chance of staying on if we go down because he is the obvious man to get us back; if, as last season, we struggle to stay up, and more importantly there is a decent alternative available, I would not be at all surprised to see MM replaced as SM's patience will have run out. With a new man in post in May SM, imo is more likely to shell out on the 2 - 3 quality players we need to hopefully turn us into a mid-table team?

WestChiltingtonwolf
07-02-2012, 18:37
I agree. I do think, after SMs intervention after the liverpool game, MM was 45 minutes from the chop but those 2 goals saved his bacon.

I agree, or at at the very longest, this Sunday.

MonkeySpanner
07-02-2012, 19:19
IF we stay up I think Morgan will look to get another manager in. I dont think Morgan has faith in Mick which is now shown by the lack of funds available to him. Who to replace him? I don't know as in my opinion three managers have been available that could do a much better job than Mick, Jol, O'Niel and Hughes.

IF we go down we'll stick with Mick I'm sure.

Ponty
11-02-2012, 21:59
I think a flutter on AVB could prove to be a profitable investment.

Nero wolf
11-02-2012, 22:04
Sack Mick..and Moxey too.
They are not WWFC,and is probably holding us back at this very moment.
The guy fondly refered to as clipboard can go as well.
WWFC ainīt a reteeirment biz..just that it looks like that as present.

If Morgan cannot do the right things,then he should look up biz as well.
WWFC is a pro biz..we are not a benefactory outlet.
Let it shine Steve,or endure the rap that will follow.

PeteWolf
11-02-2012, 22:05

AW
11-02-2012, 22:12
Gotta be AVB.

Nero wolf
11-02-2012, 22:14

Allready happening mate.
Where you around the rap of Turner?
Yes,you were..so do not play daft to me.

Shove your houses up your..

Say no more,,wink wink..nudge,nudge.

northnorfolkwolf
11-02-2012, 22:43
Saw this thread resurrected and getting nervous now about tomorrow. Starting to think if we should get a bad defeat tomorrow, looking at our run-in, SM might just make the change as there's time for a new man, Bruce (?) time to do the business?

Professional
11-02-2012, 22:58
Saw this thread resurrected and getting nervous now about tomorrow. Starting to think if we should get a bad defeat tomorrow, looking at our run-in, SM might just make the change as there's time for a new man, Bruce (?) time to do the business?
A couple of weeks ago there was a lot of money on Bruce getting the Wolves job. If we lose tomorrow- it could well happen.

WestChiltingtonwolf
11-02-2012, 22:59
Nah, the win last week means he is safe.

Taffywolf
12-02-2012, 06:32
Agent itk on twitter still says Rafa is on his way. He does seem to get as aweful lot right.

welshy
12-02-2012, 06:50
Mick is here until he retires from club football, get used to it.

Taffywolf
12-02-2012, 11:20
[QUOTE=welshy;1289516]Mick is here until he retires from club football, get used to it.[/QUOT

nonsence