PDA

View Full Version : Cisse's Red Card

thaibri2
06-02-2012, 10:04
Just rewatching the QPR match and the foul on Cisse happened on 33 mins 1 sec, the red card was shown at 33 mins 18 secs he eventually left the pitch at 34 mins 52 secs.

I thought that the FA can add an additonal match ban for not leaving the field when the red card is handed out. Be intersting to see what happens.

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 10:07
Just rewatching the QPR match and the foul on Cisse happened on 33 mins 1 sec, the red card was shown at 33 mins 18 secs he eventually left the pitch at 34 mins 52 secs.

I thought that the FA can add an additonal match ban for not leaving the field when the red card is handed out. Be intersting to see what happens.

I did not know that as a rule?? Lets hope the ref does and put it in his report :D

Lupo
06-02-2012, 10:24
It was a very cold two minutes waiting - it took the ref so long, I thought he was going to take it back or he was going to send RJ off.

Oldgold Wolfcub
06-02-2012, 10:33
It was a very cold two minutes waiting - it took the ref so long, I thought he was going to take it back or he was going to send RJ off.
I know. RJ was luicky as the vicious way that his neck attacked Cisse's hand must have shocked the Rangers Striker so much that it took him that time to realise what was happening and leave the pitch.:cool:

Citizen Erased
06-02-2012, 11:35
http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=59495&sid=da1377fa4bfe30359aec4b6d648a7cfd

These guys think the red was harsh and the ref ought to have used the context of the situation before showing red, ie, poor lads had his leg snapped twice let him kick off all he wants.

They also think RJ should have walked too...seemed like a very clumsy tackle from behind, the trailing leg seemed to be what upended Cisse.

Some on there also think we specifically targeted him - a load of tosh if you ask me.

AW
06-02-2012, 11:41
http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=59495&sid=da1377fa4bfe30359aec4b6d648a7cfd

These guys think the red was harsh and the ref ought to have used the context of the situation before showing red, ie, poor lads had his leg snapped twice let him kick off all he wants.

They also think RJ should have walked too...seemed like a very clumsy tackle from behind, the trailing leg seemed to be what upended Cisse.

Some on there also think we specifically targeted him - a load of tosh if you ask me.

What a bunch of deluded fools!

PumpKing
06-02-2012, 11:48
Isn`t it just typical of London fans in general, when things don`t quite go their way, to start blaming the rules all of a sudden. Of course, a new sin bin system for Cisse should be introduced immediately to make things fairer for them.

Poor souls.

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 11:49
Isn`t it just typical of London fans in general, when things don`t quite go their way, to start blaming the rules all of a sudden. Of course, a new sin bin system for Cisse should be introduced immediately to make things fairer for them.

Poor souls.

God I do hope they go down

greco wolf
06-02-2012, 11:51
he got what he deserved a red.

Hopefully an extra 1 match ban but thats the end of it

Couldnt care any more about it - he's not that good

Ulver
06-02-2012, 11:54

Poor souls.

Why London? It's the same for almost all fans when they lose/have players sent off.

PumpKing
06-02-2012, 12:11
Why London? It's the same for almost all fans when they lose/have players sent off.

Maybe, but not all fans start seriously suggesting the rules should be changed to suit their particular grievance at the time.

O.K. I admit it, I`m a bit biased, I detest QPR with a vengeance at the moment. As with any club that carries on trying to buy their way into the immoral top hierarchy of this league.

Pessimistic Wolf
06-02-2012, 12:18
I thought the red card was a bit soft and wouldn't like to see him get another day on his ban.

Burton Wolf
06-02-2012, 12:19
Maybe, but not all fans start seriously suggesting the rules should be changed to suit their particular grievance at the time.

O.K. I admit it, I`m a bit biased, I detest QPR with a vengeance at the moment. As with any club that carries on trying to buy their way into the immoral top hierachy of this league.

Not having a go here bit how would you feel if we started to do it?

Lupo
06-02-2012, 12:42

........which is going down the line of Frank Lampard's 'not that type of player':rolleyes:

Vietnam Wolf
06-02-2012, 12:47
Big Rodge's take on it here (http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2012/02/06/roger-johnson-cisse-had-to-go/)

PumpKing
06-02-2012, 13:04

What? buying our way to success. There is a subtle difference between spending your own, as opposed to the Banks money. Wouldn`t want it under any circumstances if it put the club into debt.

That`s the difference with Steve Morgan, we don`t and we wouldn`t go down that road. By Heaven, I know it`s hard to take sometimes to make this stand when other clubs are spending what they do not have, but the one hope left for this league is clubs like us and our way of running things.

With QPR, with all the expectancy, if they went down, of course you`d maybe have some small sympathy with the fans (or not), they like us have no real say in their clubs financial policy, so it`s not their fault. However they would be the first to start gloating if the money gets them the success.

I would, though, be over the moon to see QPR go down, just to prove how wrong their way is. To try and survive in the Championship with those debts and wage bill would be impossible. Imagine for a second if we had that financial situation hanging over us that the Norwich fan detailed about QPR.

No, I`ll vote for slow sustained growth year on year thanks, even if it meant for a couple more years we only just survive before moving on up.

Quinman88
06-02-2012, 14:40
The reply by Hughes and Cisse that he reacted that way because of his history of leg breaks just does not wash with me. You don't see Aaron Ramsey going round grabbing people by the neck do you?

QB Wolf
06-02-2012, 14:42
Are the referees meant to read medical histories of every player in the match then, what a load of bobbins.

QB Wolf
06-02-2012, 14:45
I thought the red card was a bit soft and wouldn't like to see him get another day on his ban.

I agree but a precedant has been set, Karl Henry shouldn't have been sent off the other day either, so to be consistent Cisse had to go.

At least Johnson didn't do an Albrighton.

FLEET WOLF
06-02-2012, 15:25

It was a bit soft, I think a year's imprisonment would be more appropriate!

Akaman
06-02-2012, 16:12
For once I thought the ref got it spot on. Not the cleverest tackle Johnson will ever make and a yellow was the right decision, Cisse would've probably got a yellow for his reaction until he put his hand round Johnson's throat - red.

And it was nice to see our player not going down rolling around as if he'd been shot in the throat, as Cisse probably would've done.

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 16:21
For once I thought the ref got it spot on. Not the cleverest tackle Johnson will ever make and a yellow was the right decision, Cisse would've probably got a yellow for his reaction until he put his hand round Johnson's throat - red.

And it was nice to see our player not going down rolling around as if he'd been shot in the throat, as Cisse probably would've done.

This, fair play to Rodger!!

Oldgold Wolfcub
06-02-2012, 16:40

And it was nice to see our player not going down rolling around as if he'd been shot in the throat, as Cisse probably would've done.I would say that especially as Cisse had actually broken away after his reaction and then resumed by grabbing Johnson by the throat. First may have been a reaction but the second action was deliberate.

Wolves in Limerick
06-02-2012, 18:16
Johnson got a yellow which in my opinion was the correct decision. Cisse left the referee with no alternative.

Nero wolf
06-02-2012, 18:36
If looking at the potential repercussions of Cisses red card action and Johnsons yellow card dito..Johnsons was more severe.
A tough tackle too late versus a hand on the throat.

The Professor
06-02-2012, 20:42
Imagine for a second if we had that financial situation hanging over us that the Norwich fan detailed about QPR.

I missed that! Is there a link? Sounds interesting.

PumpKing
06-02-2012, 21:11
I missed that! Is there a link? Sounds interesting.

Sorry I haven`t a clue how to do a link Prof, but I have gone through the threads and the post in question is one of Sedgwolf`s. Post no. 10 on the "QPR Comments" thread.

He quotes a Norwich fans` comments about the state of the QPR financial situation. So glad it`s not us.

loopy lupine
06-02-2012, 21:13

You mean like we did in the Championship in the SJH years?

People could've said exactly the same about us back then.

PumpKing
06-02-2012, 21:27
You mean like we did in the Championship in the SJH years?

People could've said exactly the same about us back then.

The difference is that we did not have to go into debt then. SJH God bless him financed the lot himself. What is wrong, is borrowing the money to finance your plans. I am not against spending to get better players, what I find immoral is using money that is not the clubs to pay for them

With his assets, do you not think that Steve Morgan couldn`t borrow enough money tromorrow morning, to buy a whole team of world class players to take us to the top. We still would not own them and if things went belly up, the loans would still have to be re-paid out of nowt in the kitty. This is the exact situation with QPR.

GoldenHorseshoe
07-02-2012, 04:24
This, fair play to Rodger!!

Yes, stand up and take one for the team.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
07-02-2012, 07:32
The difference is that we did not have to go into debt then. SJH God bless him financed the lot himself. What is wrong, is borrowing the money to finance your plans. I am not against spending to get better players, what I find immoral is using money that is not the clubs to pay for them

With his assets, do you not think that Steve Morgan couldn`t borrow enough money tromorrow morning, to buy a whole team of world class players to take us to the top. We still would not own them and if things went belly up, the loans would still have to be re-paid out of nowt in the kitty. This is the exact situation with QPR.
I think you are deluding yourself, We are not Manchester United, we don't have global world wide appeal. It's very difficult to borrow money nowadays for a normal business, even one that is making money never mind for a football team where historically very few make any profit.