PDA

View Full Version : Capello

cooper_J
05-02-2012, 22:14
Does this make his position now untenable?

"I completely disagree with the FA about the John Terry decision and I have told that to the chairman," said Capello, "I considered and still consider Terry as the England captain."

WV8 Wolf
05-02-2012, 22:20
Sack him...Terry Connor for england

Lupo
05-02-2012, 22:20
Oh dear.

However, I think England might somehow win the Euros this year!

kidder_wolf_II
05-02-2012, 22:24
Although I agree with him to a degree it's a bit rich coming from the guy who wrongfully stripped him of the role two years ago and stupidly gave it to a player who wasn't fit enough to hold that role.

I also can't see how these comments will help who ever the new captain is knowing that he isn't Capello's choice and might not be the new managers choice after the Euros.

I admire his views on the subject but I can't help but think that it would be better for everyone if he leaves now and we get Harry Rednapp in.

StefanWolves
05-02-2012, 22:26
I wish he'd just $$$$ off.

Waggy's Boots
05-02-2012, 22:28
Complete bell end...

andyc225
05-02-2012, 22:29
The sooner Postman Pat leaves the job, the sooner I can start enjoying England games again.

Although, he did give Jarvo a run out.

StefanWolves
05-02-2012, 22:31
The sooner Postman Pat leaves the job, the sooner I can start enjoying England games again. Although, he did give Jarvo a run out.

This. I try to enjoy Enlgand games now, but the bizzare team selections, playing players in wrong psoitions, boring tactics just kills it for me.

The Weasel
05-02-2012, 22:31
I admire his views on the subject but I can't help but think that it would be better for everyone if he leaves now and we get Harry Rednapp in prison.

Fixed it for you.

WV10Wolf
05-02-2012, 22:38
He clearly has no moral fibre if he sees no problems with wanting to select an alleged racist as his captain.

Still what do you expect from a guy that selects woman beaters, thugs and serial adulterers?

andyc225
This. I try to enjoy Enlgand games now, but the bizzare team selections, playing players in wrong psoitions, boring tactics just kills it for me.

The two friendlies Jarvo could've figured in were the only England games I watched last year. I haven't been interested since the World Cup shambles to be honest.

O.W.E.I
Another clueless knob.

Mick and Terry for England!

kidder_wolf_II
05-02-2012, 22:40
Fixed it for you.

When he was Pompey manager and we were both in the Prem I hated him and his dirty tactics in getting players in and there is no doubting he is as slimy as $$$$ but he has shown to be the best English manager around and seems to have the respect of the press and players.

Also he has helped us out in the last two January windows so he's ok by me.

andyc225
05-02-2012, 22:42
Pardew for the England job anyone?

captain chaos
05-02-2012, 22:57
Although I agree with him to a degree it's a bit rich coming from the guy who wrongfully stripped him of the role two years ago and stupidly gave it to a player who wasn't fit enough to hold that role.

I also can't see how these comments will help who ever the new captain is knowing that he isn't Capello's choice and might not be the new managers choice after the Euros.

I admire his views on the subject but I can't help but think that it would be better for everyone if he leaves now and we get Harry Rednapp in.

Not really sure now that Redknapp should be eligible for the job, didn't el tel have his fingers in too many pies just like Harry??

haden-wolf
05-02-2012, 23:04
Shags a team mates wife = unfit to be captain

accused of rasist abuse to the little brother of his partner at CB in the national side = fit to be captain

How do you say taxi in italian?

haden-wolf
05-02-2012, 23:05
I have a sneaky feeling the large chinned one is not yet done with the three lions

BlakemoreWolf
05-02-2012, 23:07
$$$$ty Manager...Don't know what your doing!

andyc225
05-02-2012, 23:07

accused of rasist abuse to the little brother of his partner at CB in the national side = fit to be captain

Taxi, oddly enough. :cool:

Space Wolf
05-02-2012, 23:12
I have a sneaky feeling the large chinned one is not yet done with the three lions

Bruce Forsyth?

They may as well replace Capello. The FA have completely undermined him anyway by not consulting him before taking the captaincy from Terry. Does it not make sense for Capello to at least be asked for his view prior to any decision being made?

If the FA don't think it's correct that he be captain, why is it ok for him to be in the squad at all?

SanFranWolf
05-02-2012, 23:21
Big tournament Self destruct 101.

Arcadius
05-02-2012, 23:30

Taxi!

wolf97
05-02-2012, 23:34
Mick for England

Dewsburywolf
06-02-2012, 07:01
It'd surely be better all round if Terry got an injury before the Euros came up. A bit like him having to pull out of yesterday's game so he didn't have to come up against Rio

Tettenhall Wolf
06-02-2012, 07:31
Would prefer an English manager.

Fed up with fabio.

Also fed up with a lot of the senior England players. Poor, poor role models.

It does look like the english media self destruct mechanism has started early for this tournament!

Dr Wolfenstein
06-02-2012, 08:42
Still what do you expect from a guy that selects woman beaters, thugs and serial adulterers?

Vinnie Jones in Mean Machine?

Dr Wolfenstein
06-02-2012, 08:46
Pardew for the England job anyone?

Almost a shoe-in I'd have thought. Seems to have just the profile (& well-groomed hair) the FA would go for. Bestriding the worlds of cockney & geordie like a smooth colossus.

FLEET WOLF
06-02-2012, 09:02
Does this make his position now untenable?

"I completely disagree with the FA about the John Terry decision and I have told that to the chairman," said Capello, "I considered and still consider Terry as the England captain."

I think he should be sacked, but the FA won't do that.

Danwolf
06-02-2012, 09:03
The sooner Capello goes the better. I am struggling to even get excited about the Euro's and that is all down to him. Ideally, the FA should get rid of Capello now and Terry should retire from international duty. However, I'm sure we will see both of them at the Euro's unfortunately.

FLEET WOLF
06-02-2012, 09:13
The sooner Capello goes the better. I am struggling to even get excited about the Euro's and that is all down to him. Ideally, the FA should get rid of Capello now and Terry should retire from international duty. However, I'm sure we will see both of them at the Euro's unfortunately.

and that scenario together with another flop in a tournament, perhaps despite some encouraging perfornances by some of the youngsters, will mean loads more people becoming even less interested in England than they are now.

GoldenHorseshoe
06-02-2012, 09:15
It's like having Goering's brother in charge of the RAF during the BOB.

He's a quisling I tell you!

Sharples
06-02-2012, 09:20
1) Terry hasnt been proven guilty re shagging Bridges wife or being a racist. Just paper talk and a complaining supporter.

2) All depends on how the squad see Terry, I imagine most dont give a $$$$, maybe some dont like him like Rio but with luck he wont be going anyway.

3) If I was Capello, I would quit. Opinion will be divided on what The FA, but to not talk to FC first, when he is the manager, is bloody crazy!!

Golden_Wolf
06-02-2012, 09:25
Once again England $$$$ things up before a major tournament.

To be fair Capello should have been consulted at the very least before a decision was made but I think the F.A. have done the right thing taking the arm band off him. But for me he shouldn't even be in the squad and if the guy had any ball$ he would retire from international duty.

Either way England now have a ready make excuse for their failure at another major tournament.

Jonzy54
06-02-2012, 09:32
It'd surely be better all round if Terry got an injury before the Euros came up. A bit like him having to pull out of yesterday's game so he didn't have to come up against Rio

Not pulling out has got him into enough trouble already.:D

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 11:16
Terry is past it and so is Rio...

It is time to hand over the reins to the new generation of footballers. We have to play the youngsters

It is also time to put an Englishman back as the manager

Whilst we are at it can we get rid of Blatter too

cooper_J
06-02-2012, 11:39
I think he should be sacked, but the FA won't do that.

I agree, it's about time we had a manager who had a less short sighted approach but then, England being England and results mattering more than anything, that's the nature of the beast.

He's apparently in breach of contract due to his comments.

Bankswolf II
06-02-2012, 11:41
I would have Cahill and Lescott in defence anyway
Certainly wouldnt play Terry or Rio this year
As for Capello he is gone after this tournament anyway I cant see us doing anything while he is just around for the cash look forward to saying good riddance to the bloke

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 11:43
As for Capello he is gone after this tournament anyway I cant see us doing anything while he is just around for the cash look forward to saying good riddance to the bloke

This for me too. Get rid of the old brigade and in with the new

Dewsburywolf
06-02-2012, 13:11

Or indeed Phil Jones & Chris Smalling. We've got enough decent centre halves coming through now as to not to worry too much about Terry or Ferdinand. Isn't Fergie on record as saying Jones & Smalling are his future centre back pairing for Man Yoo?

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 13:28
Or indeed Phil Jones & Chris Smalling. We've got enough decent centre halves coming through now as to not to worry too much about Terry or Ferdinand. Isn't Fergie on record as saying Jones & Smalling are his future centre back pairing for Man Yoo?

Yes I would definately take a pick from Cahill, Lescott, Jones & Smalling and leave Terry and Ferdinand at home

Dewsburywolf
06-02-2012, 13:31
Yes I would definately take a pick from Cahill, Lescott, Jones & Smalling and leave Terry and Ferdinand at home

Almost forgot Phil Jagielka as well (when he's not injured) like I said we can do without Terry & we've hardly missed Ferdinand when he's been injured/forgotten to $$$$ in a bottle

FLEET WOLF
06-02-2012, 14:06
This for me too. Get rid of the old brigade and in with the new

Plus lots! Terry has lost it a bit and is surrounded by controversy. Ferdinand has also lots it quite a lot, is injury prone and has probably been winding his brother up about the Terry thing-how on earth can Terry and Ferdinand play together for England now?

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 14:13
Plus lots! Terry has lost it a bit and is surrounded by controversy. Ferdinand has also lots it quite a lot, is injury prone and has probably been winding his brother up about the Terry thing-how on earth can Terry and Ferdinand play together for England now?

Exactly, time for a change all round I think

Tettenhall Wolf
06-02-2012, 14:50

Yep!

Golden_Wolf
06-02-2012, 14:51
For me, England's back four going into the Euro's should be:

Walker/Richards Cahill/Jags Lescott Cole

(Smalling is worth a shout & P.Jones. They'll be England's & United's CB pairing for a long time to come).

Bankswolf II
06-02-2012, 15:18

Those along with Jagielka and maybe King if hes fit

We have so many good centre backs I am kind of embarassed that Terry is so assured a spot in actual fact across the whole team the only two definites I can really see is Hart and Cole

Interesting to see Capellos final choice my guess he will do a sven and stick with the tried and trusted of Terry, Rio, Lamps,Rooney etc

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 15:49
Those along with Jagielka and maybe King if hes fit

We have so many good centre backs I am kind of embarassed that Terry is so assured a spot in actual fact across the whole team the only two definites I can really see is Hart and Cole

Interesting to see Capellos final choice my guess he will do a sven and stick with the tried and trusted of Terry, Rio, Lamps,Rooney etc

I would take Rooney he is a match winner but he can leave the other three at home

Tettenhall Wolf
06-02-2012, 16:40
It really is a double edge sword being English and supporting Wolves!

Woburn Wolf
06-02-2012, 20:57
You should feel very much at home it sounds just like supporting Wolves!!

Woburn Wolf
06-02-2012, 21:03
I think Terry is a complete knob and is not necessarily one of the best 2 central defenders England has but having said that I hate this guilty until proven innnocent mentality that seems to prevail these days, especially when it comes to alleged racism. Capello is far better placed to know the pulse of the England squad and who the captain should be than the suits at FA HQ and he was not even consulted. Crazy.

WV8 Wolf
06-02-2012, 21:07
If he walks i think Alan Shearer would get the post for the Euro's.

Ex internationals havent done a bad job at past tournaments who hardly had manager experience.... Klinsman.... Van Basten

Wolv3nsam
07-02-2012, 11:30
How will the FA react now one their many love children is backing Capello?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16905818

FLEET WOLF
07-02-2012, 11:47
How will the FA react now one their many love children is backing Capello?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16905818

Fergie wants England to do badly, as a Jock, so he must be keen that Capello stays in the job!

Strats
07-02-2012, 12:19
I think he knows full well that what he said would be a breach of his contract ... he's totally fed up with everything and 'wants out' BUT doesn't want 'resigned' on his CV and wants the big pay off.

He's trying to force the FA's hand ... have they got the balls though?

Danwolf
07-02-2012, 13:29

Surely he has to take Dawson if he stays fit? Better than all 4 of those IMO.

He won't however, he'll still end up picking Ferdinand & Terry because he's stubborn. For such an experienced manager he really hasnt got a clue.

Telf
07-02-2012, 13:34
I think he should go, get an English man in or Big Mick

http://www.footydaft.com/3865-would_the_fa_dare_dismiss_capello.html