PDA

View Full Version : doyler

steve vena
05-02-2012, 15:41
Glad he found a little bit of form yesterday and scored a nice goal too. It seemed to suit him in a less regemented role yesterday and he looked quite bright; like the shackles were off which of course they were.
We often say we cant play 442 or 451 cuz of this or that reason so maybe we have to find a way of getting the best out of our better players ie natural footballers etc, we have to make it work better than we have been doing.
Maybe 4-3-1-2 with kev as the 1?
When we have pocession he will be faceing the goal more and have it on the deck to supprt the forwards rather than it be pumped up to him at head height.

We all know it aint like championship manager but its just a thought i guess and he needs to play cuz hes one of the few natural footballers we have.
PS listened to match on wm and am sure our fans were singing theres only 1 kelvin henry lol. PRICELESS!!!
Hates barton horrible little $$$$

steve vena
05-02-2012, 15:44
just to add, when we aint got pocession it becomes more solid if doyler drops deeper

crasm98
05-02-2012, 16:00
Already a doyle thread...?

JakeWolves
05-02-2012, 16:46
Where would the club's wingers fit into a 4-3-1-2 ?

welshy
05-02-2012, 16:51
Where would the club's wingers fit into a 4-3-1-2 ?

Hammill can't get a sniff, Hunt is $$$$ & Kightly is injured so play Jarvis on the left of the midfield 3.

Problem solved !!

ProudWolf
05-02-2012, 16:56
Hammill can't get a sniff, Hunt is $$$$ & Kightly is injured so play Jarvis on the left of the midfield 3.

Problem solved !!

You'd really tuck Jarvis in centrally and dispense with wide players? Nice one.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 16:58
You'd really tuck Jarvis in centrally and dispense with wide players? Nice one.

Where was Jarvis playing yesterday? Fletcher, Doyle & Ebanks-Blake all on the pitch at the same time

welshy
05-02-2012, 17:01
Where was Jarvis playing yesterday? Fletcher, Doyle & Ebanks-Blake all on the pitch at the same time

You saved me my reply. TY

We played 424 :rolleyes: or 4114 :rolleyes:

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 17:05

Jarvo was playing wide left of a front 4, not tucked in as a midfield 3.

SimplyTheWolves
05-02-2012, 17:36
As Iíve said before, why we persist in a lone striker really doesnít make any sense to me, especially at home. This not only shows the opposition that our game plan first and foremost is defensively minded, but gives their defence less to cope with. It also puts to much onus on the single striker, which to me doesnít suit Doyles type of play.

I'm all for a 4 3 3, or even a 4 3 1 2 formation with Doyle playing just behind the front two, he should also be given more freedom to roam and cause the oppositions defence a constantly changing threat during the match. Yesterday he was a lot happier even before he scored, and I think it's because he felt more confident as he wasnít solely relied upon to produce the goods.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 17:38

Problem solved !!

Jarvo was playing wide left of a front 4, not tucked in as a midfield 3.

Except welshy never mentioned Jarvis being tucked in :confused:

Pengwern
05-02-2012, 17:51
We need to get an opposition player sent off before we can play the kind of formations suggested on this thread.

Lupo
05-02-2012, 18:56
Aaaarrggghhhh....Repeat Thread! Repeat Thread!

Dews - another rule - posters must have a settling in period and prove their worth before making a thread......apart from one of those 'hey guys I'm new here but have been watching Mol Mix without posting since 1862' threads which we all love.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 19:02
Dews - another rule - posters must have a settling in period and prove their worth before making a thread......apart from one of those 'hey guys I'm new here but have been watching Mol Mix without posting since 1862' threads which we all love.

I'm saying nothing Mutchy keeps threatening to put me in detention for "back-seat moderating" whatever that means :embarassed:

steve vena
05-02-2012, 19:08
henners

foley johnson bassong ward
frimpong ohara jarvis
doyle
seb fletch

try and outscore the opposition like newcaslt used to lol, be better than the pragmatic approach of sitting back and trying to keep tight which never works as we concede anyway lol. was just meaning a more fluent formation without it being so rigid

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 19:13
henners

frimpong ohara jarvis
doyle
seb fletch

try and outscore the opposition like newcaslt used to lol, be better than the pragmatic approach of sitting back and trying to keep tight which never works as we concede anyway lol. was just meaning a more fluent formation without it being so rigid

With a formation like that, thank god you're not our manager

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 19:32
henners

frimpong ohara jarvis
doyle
seb fletch

With a formation like that, thank god you're not our manager

And yet substitute Edwards for Frimpong & that's how we played the majority of the second half which some might think was even more gung-ho

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 19:41
And yet substitute Edwards for Frimpong & that's how we played the majority of the second half which some might think was even more gung-ho

Against 10 men is different.

And we played more of a 4-2-4 with Jarvis wide left & Doyle starting from wide right but having a license to roam.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 19:48
henners

frimpong ohara jarvis
doyle
seb fletch

Against 10 men is different.

Quite possibly

And we played more of a 4-2-4 with Jarvis wide left & Doyle starting from wide right but having a license to roam.

So to be fair to him steve vena's formation is less gung ho than what we did yesterday & as such could be played against 11 men

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 19:49
So to be fair to him steve vena's formation is less gung ho than what we did yesterday & as such could be played against 11 men

It could be.

But I don't really fancy seeing Jarvis play in a midfield 3 when he's a winger.

northnorfolkwolf
05-02-2012, 19:49
Been saying on here for months that KD could play behind SF in a Rooney type roving role in a 4411, with 2 wingers and ideally Frimpong and JOH in the middle. Lets get on the attack and impose ourselves and not worry so much about the opposition. We've shown in patches that when we go for it, usually when we're behind, we can play a decent, fast-paced game. We've only got 4 more games v the top 7 so lets get a settled team and formation and style of play and stick with it.

OLDGOLD
05-02-2012, 21:12
henners

frimpong ohara jarvis
doyle
seb fletch

I like the look of the personnel in that team but would go 4 2 2 2 with Doyle and Jarvis just in front of frimpong and Joh. At least we should have some attempts on goal. The next 4 games are winnable. Go out and have a go. Win 2 and lose 2 and we will be above the relegation places and if the wins are against Albion and Blackburn, it puts us in a decent position in our 'mini league'

wolvesjoe
05-02-2012, 22:14
Doyle is ideally suited to play the role of attacker who is at times on the wing, but only uses that as the base for moving inside, and playing off the other attackers, (Drogba has played a similar role for Chelsea at times). The freedom brings an unpredictability to the attacking play, which Wolves have very much been lacking. At times, yesterday, the interplay and movement between Wolves' four main attackers was excellent. McCarthy did it in an emergency situation, we can only hope that the lesson of attacking to win a game sunk home.

wolvesjoe
05-02-2012, 22:35
Amazing quote from Guardian report:

The manager explained that, with their side trailing 1-0 after a debut QPR goal for Bobby Zamora, it was Connor who suggested the half-time reshuffle in which Kevin Doyle was brought off the bench to replace the right-back Richard Stearman, with Kevin Foley dropping back into defence so that Doyle could raid from the right.

I wonder what McCarthy's masterplan was.

liquidatorwolf
05-02-2012, 22:41
Can we stop forgetting that doyle played on the wide right yesterday, not in the vital role that O'Hara was playing in.

Edwards was playing dm with frim so who are we kicking out for 'super dave' then?

You try to drop edwards at any opportunity we get.

liquidatorwolf
05-02-2012, 22:42
Can we stop forgetting that doyle played on the wide right yesterday, not in the vital role that O'Hara was playing in.

Edwards was playing dm with frim so who are we kicking out for 'super dave' then?

You try to drop edwards at any opportunity we get.

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 10:56
Amazing quote from Guardian report:

The manager explained that, with their side trailing 1-0 after a debut QPR goal for Bobby Zamora, it was Connor who suggested the half-time reshuffle in which Kevin Doyle was brought off the bench to replace the right-back Richard Stearman, with Kevin Foley dropping back into defence so that Doyle could raid from the right.

Good old clipboard!!!! :D

Tony
07-02-2012, 10:27
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/02/07/Everton-failed-to-land-Wolves-ace-/gnid-129544/

Big Mack
07-02-2012, 11:19
That article suggests, via Ward, that Doyle and not the club knocked the bid back. Interesting if true.

Adrian_Monk
07-02-2012, 11:25
That article suggests, via Ward, that Doyle and not the club knocked the bid back. Interesting if true.

I don't think it suggests either way

Big Mack
07-02-2012, 11:30
I don't think it suggests either way

"Stephen Ward who said, after Doyle netted the winner against QPR on Saturday, that he was pleased his team mate had decided to stay with Wolves."

That bit does.

David Moyes ... apparently had two efforts knocked back by Wolves for Kevin Doyle.

This bit doesn't.

Let's call it a draw.