Everton
Blackburn
Man City
QPR
Liverpool
Villa
Bolton
Arsenal

Think It's fair to say we have the easier run in?

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 11:56
Good lets see if we can convert these remaining 14 cup finals into points starting with the next cup final against the Baggies next weekend

Come on the Wolves

Jamesjh89
05-02-2012, 11:58
No games are easy.

StefanWolves
05-02-2012, 12:01
No games are easy.

Didn't say they were, just think ours is easier than other peoples run ins.

306NOTOUT
05-02-2012, 12:01
Ours and Bolton's look about the best.

QPR and Wigans look a nightmare.

kidder_wolf_II
05-02-2012, 12:07
6 wins should do it

scottishwolf II
05-02-2012, 12:17
None of them look that easy. Looking at the current table, number of games against the top 7 as follows (may as well include Newcastle as they are above Liverpool and will have Ba back)

Wigan - 5 (with Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal back to back. ouch)
Blackburn - 5
Bolton - 4
Wolves - 4
QPR - 6
WBA - 6

scottishwolf II
05-02-2012, 12:18
6 wins should do it

I doubt we will need 39 points to stay up this season. Think it will be a low points tally to stay up this year.

tamworth wolf
05-02-2012, 12:18
The boggies have a horrible run in aswell. WHEN we win sunday they could be in trouble!!

Lupo
05-02-2012, 12:22
Just looks like a big blur to me of much the sameness....I think another 4 or 5 games' results will make this look more meaningful. If we can get three big results by the time Man U are out of the way then I think we'll stand a great chance - I can't believe I'm saying that after the Villa game last week.

kidder_wolf_II
05-02-2012, 12:23
I doubt we will need 39 points to stay up this season. Think it will be a low points tally to stay up this year.

Boltons fixtures worry me and I still think QPR will have enough to pull away so I think that last spot will be filled by a team with a decent points total but Blackburn and Wigan will sink without much effort

PeteWolf
05-02-2012, 12:38
No easy games in the big boys league.

wolf97
05-02-2012, 12:38
Didn't we say this last season? And we stayed up by the skin of our teeth.

NO game is easy; it is criminal to underestimate a team. Don't do it.

scottishwolf II
05-02-2012, 12:40
Boltons fixtures worry me and I still think QPR will have enough to pull away so I think that last spot will be filled by a team with a decent points total but Blackburn and Wigan will sink without much effort

If you look at ourselves and QPR - our points per game currently look like adding up to a total of 33 if we continue our seasons form for the other 14 matches.

Assume we both get a bit better (must win games, new players etc) - I seriously doubt we will be 6 points better than our current form over the season. To put it into context - we would have to show better form than Everton in their last 8 games to be pushing the sort of points per game we need.

I'd say 36 would keep us up. I'd much prefer 40 points though!

I think QPR is in more trouble than Bolton. Bolton's form is good, and they have an easier run-in. QPR have a very bad run-in and need to gel very quickly.

Suspect Bolton may well get out of it. Wigan, Blackburn, and one of us, WBA and QPR is most likely.

Tettenhall Wolf
05-02-2012, 12:52
When we beat the baggies, they do have a terrible run in. Be good see them bragged in.

WV10Wolf
05-02-2012, 12:57

As the bottom 5 are not on average winning a point a game I think you could be right. I think 34 or 35 points would be enough.

3 wins, 4 draws, 7 defeats. We should be capable of that....especially the 7 defeats!

scottishwolf II
05-02-2012, 13:00
As the bottom 5 are not on average winning a point a game I think you could be right. I think 34 or 35 points would be enough.

3 wins, 4 draws, 7 defeats. We should be capable of that....especially the 7 defeats!

West Brom, Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn are massive games for us.

Wonder Boyo
05-02-2012, 13:01
If you look at ourselves and QPR - our points per game currently look like adding up to a total of 33 if we continue our seasons form for the other 14 matches.

Surely our form has to get better, it can't get any worse. The fact that we have been playing so badly lately yet are still outside the bottom 3 gives me hope. Things can only get better. I hope.

WV10Wolf
05-02-2012, 13:04
West Brom, Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn are massive games for us.

Albion, Notlob and Blackburn are the 3 games I'm banking on winning.

PumpKing
05-02-2012, 13:06

Assume we both get a bit better (must win games, new players etc) - I seriously doubt we will be 6 points better than our current form over the season. To put it into context - we would have to show better form than Everton in their last 8 games to be pushing the sort of points per game we need.

I'd say 36 would keep us up. I'd much prefer 40 points though!

I think QPR is in more trouble than Bolton. Bolton's form is good, and they have an easier run-in. QPR have a very bad run-in and need to gel very quickly.

Suspect Bolton may well get out of it. Wigan, Blackburn, and one of us, WBA and QPR is most likely.

Which is something they cannot even start to do for another three games.

Such a shame, my heart bleeds for them.

sedgwolf1980
05-02-2012, 13:08
Unless you put H and A next to the fixtures you may as well just say everyone has got to play everyone else!

StefanWolves
05-02-2012, 13:10
Unless you put H and A next to the fixtures you may as well just say everyone has got to play everyone else!

Realised that just as I finished writing the fixtures up, couldn't be bothered to go back and do it all again :D

scottishwolf II
05-02-2012, 13:19
Surely our form has to get better, it can't get any worse. The fact that we have been playing so badly lately yet are still outside the bottom 3 gives me hope. Things can only get better. I hope.

I think it will get better, but if you look at the averages, its as follows:

points per game (to date): 0.875
points per game (to get to 39 points over season): 1.02
points per game needed over next 14 (to get to 39 points over season): 1.28

To put it into context - if we were on 1.28 so far this season we would be in 10th on 30 points

It's a big ask for all the bottom 5 sides to suddenly transform their form, and I don't think everyone will do it.

Also the form indicators are interesting. Bolton have by far the best form over the last 8 - about the 10th best in the division (1.37 points per game over last 8), so them edging their average up is more likely.

If you're looking for an unlikely side to join the relegation race - Stoke average 0.75 points per game over the last 8. They have lost the last 3, they have 2 extra games (at least) in February with the Europa League, are still in the FA Cup so have another extra match. And they still have to play 5 of the top 7 (Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle and Man City).

Anyway - its just stats, so believe it or don't, but I would be very surprised if 39 was needed to stay up.

Paddy Wolf
05-02-2012, 14:32
I see the bottom 6 are all playing eachother next weekend. Big weekend.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 16:01

Interesting stat, who'd have thought those would be the bottom six when these fixtures came up

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 16:08

Massive weekend MASSIVE

Lupo
05-02-2012, 16:10
We should be capable of that....especially the 7 defeats!

we might even do it twice over!

WV10Wolf
05-02-2012, 18:23
we might even do it twice over!

Wolves ay we!