PDA

View Full Version : Spine

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 22:20
Perhaps getting ahead of myself and don't know if Bassong is for sale in the summer but he could be what is needed to bring out the best of RJ. The spine of the side - Hen, Bassong/RJ, JOH and SF/KD looks pretty good to me and certainly a match for any of the 8-20 teams imo and a group of players to build a team around. If you add Foley and Jarvis to that group we are really looking for 3 quality additions to make a top half team imo. Something to dream about?

Dewsburywolf
04-02-2012, 22:21
Kightly???

Hoganstolemywife
04-02-2012, 22:22
Completely.

IF we stay up, we should go all guns blazing to sign Bassong.

The problem is, however, that we're probably very close to reaching our 'peak' in terms of balancing wages/transfer fees against income. We'd presumably have enough money to buy a couple of players in the summer, but I imagine the quality of the squad would remain pretty constant after that as a growing wage bill began to take its toll on the club.

Hey ho though - I'd certainly take survival this year and Bassong + xxxx

welshy
04-02-2012, 22:36
Perhaps getting ahead of myself and don't know if Bassong is for sale in the summer but he could be what is needed to bring out the best of RJ. The spine of the side - Hen, Bassong/RJ, JOH and SF/KD looks pretty good to me and certainly a match for any of the 8-20 teams imo and a group of players to build a team around. If you add Foley and Jarvis to that group we are really looking for 3 quality additions to make a top half team imo. Something to dream about?

I'm sure I could find many posts of yours saying how we have not progressed under McCarthy since being in the premiership.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 22:58
I'm sure I could find many posts of yours saying how we have not progressed under McCarthy since being in the premiership.

You will not have to look too far I am sure you could find some posted today :D

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 23:35
You will not have to look too far I am sure you could find some posted today :D
Christ, have you got nothing better to do that rubbish everything I say - you want to get a life.

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 23:38
We haven't progressed under MM as Hogan's stats on another thread today illustrate. However we do have 6 or 7 players to build a team around to gain mid-table imo which is the point of this thread and to promote the idea of signing Bassong, as happened with JOH last season.