PDA

View Full Version : Albion fans

wolf97
04-02-2012, 17:34
I have just been having a read of westbrom.com and I am absolutely $$$$ing myself with laughter. There are growing calls for Hodgson to go, apparently Odemwingie has never done anything for them. WTF? Here's the link so you can have a look for yourself:

http://www.westbrom.com/forum/index.php

wolf of sedgley
04-02-2012, 17:36
" He will just about keep us up because the teams below us are worse than us but i wouldnt renew his contract"

hahahahaha

Golden_Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:37
Think they're getting frustrated with their home form more than anything.

Think they've picked up like 8 points all season at home but for them to want Woy to go...they're absolutely stupid.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
04-02-2012, 17:37
Can we really laugh at them after the meltdown here on Tuesday/Wednesday? Pot, kettle, black

wolf97
04-02-2012, 17:39
But wanting Hodgson to go is beyond ridiculous. Even after today, I'd have him here over McCarthy.

George Berry's Afro
Lets hope they are saying the same things after next Sunday!!! Altogether now, we hate Albion, say we hate Albion!

-MTW-
We can laugh at them when we get within a couple of points of them next sunday

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:46
Can we really laugh at them after the meltdown here on Tuesday/Wednesday? Pot, kettle, black

THIS!!!!!!!!

We really need to have a look at the $$$$ we posted :cool:

bridgnorthwolf
04-02-2012, 17:46
"
Re: Zero Pace / Athleticism Throughout The Team
Reply #3 on: Today at 05:18:28 PM
Hodgson does not like that sort of player. He likes players who are disciplined, stay in position, play to a system, and quite frankly, bore you to tears, Dont let him anywhere near the England job.

Sound familiar? ;)

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:50
"
Re: Zero Pace / Athleticism Throughout The Team
Reply #3 on: Today at 05:18:28 PM
Hodgson does not like that sort of player. He likes players who are disciplined, stay in position, play to a system, and quite frankly, bore you to tears, Dont let him anywhere near the England job.

Sound familiar? ;)

Fickle fans :D

FinnishWolf
04-02-2012, 17:53
Decent manager does well to keep a team up with limited resources.

Overambitious fans want club to suddenly become top 10 in the Premier League and want decent manager sacked when that's not happening instantly.

Funny, I have the strangest feeling that I've heard this story somewhere else

Pessimistic Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:56
Goes to show that all fans are the same.

Dewsburywolf
04-02-2012, 17:56

Overambitious fans want club to suddenly become top 10 in the Premier League and want decent manager sacked when that's not happening instantly.

Which one's the decent manager?

Sedgley Gold N Black
04-02-2012, 17:59

But their board didn't come out and set those expectations :rolleyes:

Can't believe some of those comments though, I'd take hodgeson in a heartbeat. I think our Squad/Club suits him alot more than Albion. I think if we had him and gave him the resources, which it's unlikely he'll get at Albion due to Peace, he'd have get us to midtable obscurity within 2 seasons allowing us to compete properly in the cups.

I love Mick but Hodgeson is certainly a step up in my opinion they'd be foolish to let him go.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:00
But their board didn't come out and set those expectations :rolleyes:

Can't believe some of those comments though, I'd take hodgeson in a heartbeat. I think our Squad/Club suits him alot more than Albion. I think if we had him and gave him the resources, which it's unlikely he'll get at Albion due to Peace, he'd have get us to midtable obscurity within 2 seasons allowing us to compete properly in the cups.

I love Mick but Hodgeson is certainly a step up in my opinion they'd be foolish to let him go.

Lets hope Hodgeson screws it up next week as well :D

Dewsburywolf
04-02-2012, 18:03
Lets hope Hodgeson screws it up next week as well :D

I'll be even happier if Roy Hodgson does

Woodsetton Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:06
How can you say people went over board we have won 3 in 22 isn't it, I think we have been very patient and we still need change of manager/coach. We were awful first half and just beat 10 men in the 2nd.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:16
How can you say people went over board we have won 3 in 22 isn't it, I think we have been very patient and we still need change of manager/coach. We were awful first half and just beat 10 men in the 2nd.

Enjoy the three points

Woodsetton Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:22
Enjoy the three points

I am but this is why we get called fickle you can't moan one week and then suddenly say its ok now we have won one. I'll take every game as it comes, but even if we just survive again Mick has to go.

Shergar
04-02-2012, 18:29
Boo, the club doesn't need fans like this, they might as well $$$$ off and support the wolves if they feel like that.

Paul76
04-02-2012, 18:45
Lets give them something to cry about next week.

Vietnam Wolf
05-02-2012, 08:49
If I was an Albion fan I'd be alarmed about the lack of quality in the side and the fact that form has dipped alarmingly after an encouraging first third. FFS our form has been woeful and we're still only 5 points behind. Woy's honeymoon period is long over and thing's seem to be stale down there at the moment. Wouldn't it be great if we could relegate Albion just like we did to Blues last year ?

Having said that I'd sooner see QPR ideally plus two the three $$$$-pot Lancashire clubs go down if I'm honest.

306NOTOUT
05-02-2012, 08:55
They are having the same problems as blues last year. Tight at the back but have only scored 9 goals at home.

FRAZ-WOLF
05-02-2012, 10:05
If woy goes can we get him?

mrboing
05-02-2012, 14:15
No you cor!

The calls for his head are silly. Undoubtedly been a hard season for anyone who only watches us at home but personally i dont care where the points come. Most people mistake frustration with the way football is in general and direct it at the manager. Hodgson does what he has to to maximise our chances of staying up and that's that. I feel a bit sorry for him having lost Gera and Brunt for long spells and Long being in and out but he's managed to keep us bumping along so fair play to him.

I think as you see with Wolves now once you have one or two more genuine Premier players in your side it makes a huge difference because so many teams are much of a muchness. I think Wigan and Blackburn are pretty much gone personally so the last spot will be interesting. If you are ruling Albion into that fight, you can make a case for Villa and a couple of others too.

Great result yesterday by the way, before i get accused of only turning up when we win!

PumpKing
05-02-2012, 14:28
No you cor!

The calls for his head are silly. Undoubtedly been a hard season for anyone who only watches us at home but personally i dont care where the points come. Most people mistake frustration with the way football is in general and direct it at the manager. Hodgson does what he has to to maximise our chances of staying up and that's that. I feel a bit sorry for him having lost Gera and Brunt for long spells and Long being in and out but he's managed to keep us bumping along so fair play to him.

I think as you see with Wolves now once you have one or two more genuine Premier players in your side it makes a huge difference because so many teams are much of a muchness. I think Wigan and Blackburn are pretty much gone personally so the last spot will be interesting. If you are ruling Albion into that fight, you can make a case for Villa and a couple of others too.

Great result yesterday by the way, before i get accused of only turning up when we win!

If you only turned up when we win Boingy we`d hardy see you.

Respect though, always reasonable comment.

Hope we stuff you next week mind.

One Too Many
05-02-2012, 14:56
If I was an Albion fan I'd be alarmed about the lack of quality in the side and the fact that form has dipped alarmingly after an encouraging first third. FFS our form has been woeful and we're still only 5 points behind. Woy's honeymoon period is long over and thing's seem to be stale down there at the moment. Wouldn't it be great if we could relegate Albion just like we did to Blues last year ?

Having said that I'd sooner see QPR ideally plus two the three $$$$-pot Lancashire clubs go down if I'm honest.

There is no lack of quality in our squad. The problem is the managers tactics do not allow our more creative / attacking players to play to anything near full potential.

The problem is that Roy's style of football is relatively negative, especially when compared to what we had got used to under Mowbray & RDM. Fans will put up with this style as long as it is effective & we are picking up points. 20k fans have shelled out 400+ for season tickets and apart from 2 home wins we have seen zero entertainment in return for our money. Don't get me wrong, we are used to losing to other teams in this league (we've had plenty of practice :eek:) but under the previous 2 managers if we were losing at home a) We would still have a good go at the opposition & b) You always felt that we were capeable of scoring the goals to turn the game around. Under Roy as soon as we let a goal in at home you know that we won't win the game because we rarely (twice) score more than once at home.

To call for Roy to be sacked now is ridiculous, as I feel that he will still keep us up this season. But I wouldn't offer him another contract in the summer - and if the club do - I'm not sure I would re-new my season ticket.

Penk Wolf
05-02-2012, 15:14
Didn't we have people calling for Mick's head when we were top of the Championship?

haden-wolf
05-02-2012, 15:18
I seem to remember Fulham under Woy being much better either at home or away too - can't think which though?

Jungleee
05-02-2012, 15:19
I seem to remember Fulham under Woy being much better either at home or away too - can't think which though?

Must have been home? As Fulham are / were $$$$ poor away.

Penk Wolf
05-02-2012, 15:19
Fulham were awful away.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 15:20
Didn't we have people calling for Mick's head when we were top of the Championship?

Yes I was one of them as I (possibly wrongly) went by people's opinions of him from his Sunderland days. I'm not arrogant enough that I don't admit I may have been mistaken

mrboing
05-02-2012, 15:21
He had the opposite problem at Fulham, fortress at home, couldn't win away.

With regards to yesterdays game i wouldnt want to take anything away from Swansea either, they are a side to be admired for the way they go about things.

One Too Many
05-02-2012, 15:26
They do play the game the right way - but prior to yesterday they were only 1 point ahead of us for a reason i.e they are not much better than we are - but we managed to make them look like Brazil.

Apocalypse Now
05-02-2012, 15:35
Wtf?... Boggies discussing their game yesterday on a Forum for the Bigclubdowntheroad.

For the record, I said before the start of the season if we finish above you lot we will stay up - that still stands.

Apocalypse Now
05-02-2012, 15:39
Yes I was one of them as I (possibly wrongly) went by people's opinions of him from his Sunderland days. I'm not arrogant enough that I don't admit I may have been mistaken

I was - and stand by that. Yes he has kept us up (just) for two seasons but I think a better manager would have us firmly established in mid table our third season in.

saturday boy
05-02-2012, 15:41

So, if I read this correctly, you are saying that you were right to call for his head when we were top of the Championship.

Nothing better than hindsight to prove you were right.

PumpKing
05-02-2012, 15:44
Wtf?... Boggies discussing their game yesterday on a Forum for the Bigclubdowntheroad.

For the record, I said before the start of the season if we finish above you lot we will stay up - that still stands.

Absolutely priceless.

We are obviously making them feel far too much at home on here. :D

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 15:46
So, if I read this correctly, you are saying that you were right to call for his head when we were top of the Championship

I'm saying I was probably wrong to call for his head :confused:

I also said I'm not so arrogant that I won't admit to (probably) being mistaken in this instance

Burton Wolf
05-02-2012, 16:05
No you cor!

There is no lack of quality in our squad. The problem is the managers tactics do not allow our more creative / attacking players to play to anything near full potential.

The problem is that Roy's style of football is relatively negative, especially when compared to what we had got used to under Mowbray & RDM. Fans will put up with this style as long as it is effective & we are picking up points. 20k fans have shelled out 400+ for season tickets and apart from 2 home wins we have seen zero entertainment in return for our money. Don't get me wrong, we are used to losing to other teams in this league (we've had plenty of practice :eek:) but under the previous 2 managers if we were losing at home a) We would still have a good go at the opposition & b) You always felt that we were capeable of scoring the goals to turn the game around. Under Roy as soon as we let a goal in at home you know that we won't win the game because we rarely (twice) score more than once at home.

To call for Roy to be sacked now is ridiculous, as I feel that he will still keep us up this season. But I wouldn't offer him another contract in the summer - and if the club do - I'm not sure I would re-new my season ticket.

Personally I couldn't care less what either of you think. But I do agree it's funny you come on here to voice your opinions about how bad you are :D

saturday boy
05-02-2012, 16:07

I also said I'm not so arrogant that I won't admit to (probably) being mistaken in this instance

I think you may have used one negative too many...perhaps it is because you spend too much time on here where it is all negative.

PumpKing
05-02-2012, 16:10
I think you may have used one negative too many...perhaps it is because you spend too much time on here where it is all negative.

Easily done.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 16:16
I think you may have used one negative too many....

Not all. I'll spell it out for you once & for all. I admit I may have been wrong to call for Mick's head when Wolves were top of the Championship

$$$$ me & I thought I was a pedantic $$$$

saturday boy
05-02-2012, 16:24
Not all. I'll spell it out for you once & for all. I admit I may have been wrong to call for Mick's head when Wolves were top of the Championship

I give up.

Penk Wolf
05-02-2012, 16:26

Dews, he wasn't talking to you in the first place.

ginboomerang
05-02-2012, 16:38
I give up.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01485/brown-quitter_1485290c.jpg

saturday boy
05-02-2012, 16:41
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01485/brown-quitter_1485290c.jpg

Does that mean this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8649476.stm) is dewsbury?

ginboomerang
05-02-2012, 16:43
Does that mean this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8649476.stm) is dewsbury?

No.

saturday boy
05-02-2012, 17:02
No.

You?

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 17:10

I give up.

Dews, he wasn't talking to you in the first place.

I think you may be mistaken

Penk Wolf
05-02-2012, 17:14
I think you may be mistaken

In the first place.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 17:20
In the first place.

So, if I read this correctly, you are saying that you were right to call for his head when we were top of the Championship.

Nothing better than hindsight to prove you were right.

Ahem

Penk Wolf
05-02-2012, 17:55
Ahem

Sorry, thought that was at Apocalypse.

wolfyjoe
05-02-2012, 18:16
But wanting Hodgson to go is beyond ridiculous. Even after today, I'd have him here over McCarthy.

The hypocrisy on this thread is laughable.

Are you aware of how far Wolves have come over the past few years with McCarthy at the helm?!

Obviously not.

I laugh at things you post on here so i bet West Brom fans $$$$ themselves.

Apocalypse Now
05-02-2012, 18:58

Are you aware of how far Wolves have come over the past few years with McCarthy at the helm?!

Obviously not.

Can you ever see Mick establishing us in the Premier League? I like Mick, but I honestly can't and therefore I have long thought we need a change otherwise every single season we manage to stay up will be exactly the same the following season. We need to move forward not stand still.

wolf97
05-02-2012, 19:02

Obviously not.

And do you realise the situation we are in??? Yes, we won yesterday but it's still just 3 wins in 22 and we are not out of the woods yet.

Dubwolf71
05-02-2012, 19:07
Can you ever see Mick establishing us in the Premier League? I like Mick, but I honestly can't and therefore I have long thought we need a change otherwise every single season we manage to stay up will be exactly the same the following season. We need to move forward not stand still.
This is our 3rd season in a row. What do you class as established?

wolf97
05-02-2012, 19:19

Not fighting for survival every season.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 19:21

Not being in a relegation battle every season I guess although Wigan seem to have been doing that for all their years in this league

Apocalypse Now
05-02-2012, 20:21
Not being in a relegation battle every season I guess although Wigan seem to have been doing that for all their years in this league

Exactly. Being in a relegation scrap every season is not established, we are always one result away from relegation. After three years we should be where Swansea and Norwich are, 10+ clear of the relegation zone. We are one point above the drop zone.

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 21:26
I'll be even happier if Roy Hodgson does

Cheers Dews :D

reanswolf
06-02-2012, 06:41
For me albion are streets ahead of us in the middle of midfield, especially now as frimpong has been frimponged. Thats where i fear the game will be won and lost. I know QPR have spent big, but even 10 men v 11, you just had to cringe at David Edwards getting nutmegged by the QPR man as they pushed towards the end. That is where we lack class, as they shot from outside the box!!

sedgwolf1980
06-02-2012, 07:54
For me albion are streets ahead of us in the middle of midfield, especially now as frimpong has been frimponged. Thats where i fear the game will be won and lost. I know QPR have spent big, but even 10 men v 11, you just had to cringe at David Edwards getting nutmegged by the QPR man as they pushed towards the end. That is where we lack class, as they shot from outside the box!!

I am Edwards biggest critic and find it ludicrous that's he is anywhere near a premier league squad. However, wasn't it Doyle that got megged by Taraabt at the end, not dangerous Dave?

Totally agree with your point though!

Wolv3nsam
06-02-2012, 09:37
Odemwingie has never done anything for them. WTF?

His miss on Saturday was absolutely comical! Hopefully he carries on spooning such easy chances on Sunday, :D

FRAZ-WOLF
06-02-2012, 09:46
next sunday will be long and fourtunes

Penk Wolf
06-02-2012, 10:25
His miss on Saturday was absolutely comical! Hopefully he carries on spooning such easy chances on Sunday, :D

Hopefully he doesn't have an easy chance to be able to spoon.

StefanWolves
06-02-2012, 10:28
I am Edwards biggest critic and find it ludicrous that's he is anywhere near a premier league squad. However, wasn't it Doyle that got megged by Taraabt at the end, not dangerous Dave?

Totally agree with your point though!

You can't tell the difference between the two on match of the day I noticed. Even the commentator was getting mixed up.

Munro Munro
06-02-2012, 10:29
I have just been having a read of westbrom.com and I am absolutely $$$$ing myself with laughter. There are growing calls for Hodgson to go, apparently Odemwingie has never done anything for them. WTF? Here's the link so you can have a look for yourself:

http://www.westbrom.com/forum/index.php

I wonder how hard they have been laughing at this board over the last week

Paul76
06-02-2012, 10:40
They've not been laughing at our board. They've been laughing at our form over the last few months.

StefanWolves
06-02-2012, 10:50
http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=6316.0

Dewsburywolf
06-02-2012, 10:56
I wonder how hard they have been laughing at this board over the last week

Not possible as it would have to be a Wolves fan reading it to them in the first place & he'd gloss over the bad stuff

QB Wolf
06-02-2012, 11:37
Just show all clubs have their numpties!!!

Munro Munro
06-02-2012, 13:39
Not possible as it would have to be a Wolves fan reading it to them in the first place & he'd gloss over the bad stuff

Technically correct but i think you know what i am getting at