PDA

View Full Version : Bassong

devon_wolf
04-02-2012, 16:11
Thats why he has been brought in.

Playing the ball out from the back instead of hoofing it, need i say anymore, come on me babbies!!!!!!!!!

asleulv
04-02-2012, 16:12
Finally someone back there who's actually able to pass the ball.

Metal Wolf89
04-02-2012, 16:14
Will we pay 8 million for him in the summer though? I think not. Was brilliant for us today and ordered johnson around.

Poztin
04-02-2012, 16:16
Oozed class

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 16:17
Did you see towards the end when he got the ball on our goal line - he kept the ball under pressure, moved wide and played it out. berra would have just tried to hoof it and it would have come straight back

Golden_Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:17
Will we pay 8 million for him in the summer though? I think not. Was brilliant for us today and ordered johnson around.

Doubt he'll cost that much.

I think QPR agreed a fee with him in the summer but it broke down, anyone know how much it was?

I've been a fan of this guy ever since I saw him at Newcastle.

Ok he got out-muscled by Zamora for the goal (he won't be the first) but he looked good today. Passed it out from the back, good pace and seemed to have a decent understanding with RJ and seemed vocal too.

We've been crying out for a ball playing defender ever since Lescott departed...now we've got one.

arctic rime
04-02-2012, 16:22
Sign him up , quality ...

Akaman
04-02-2012, 16:24
Little bit of a mixed bag, partly at fault for the goal and one dodgy clearance but other than that he was quality. Not a bad debut at all.

welshy
04-02-2012, 16:25
I was stating the exact same thing in the comms thread when everyone was scratching their heads why Berra was dropped.

Ginger Chimp
04-02-2012, 16:26
I said in one of the threads earlier this week that the signing of Bassong might, just might, be a stroke of genius. Shore up a leaky defence and we can concentrate on attacking and scoring.

A good start by all accounts.

Trotter
04-02-2012, 16:26
Only one game, but if he continues like this he would be worth 8 million to us. Jez will probably be able to get him for 5 million or lose him to West Ham over 2 grand a week.

goldeneyed
04-02-2012, 16:28
Bassong is a good player, simple as that. If by some miracle we survive a definite BUY in the summer. I reckon he would go for 5m-6m, he is going nowhere at Spurs.

Sedgley Gold N Black
04-02-2012, 16:28
Who can we loan from Spurs next season to save our skins? :D

Joking as side if we stay up, I just hope the club realise the importance of players of Frimpong & Bassong's quality. I think we have a deal agreed if we stay up to sign Bassong, I think Arry mentioned it.

bridgnorthwolf
04-02-2012, 16:29
Our centre half display wasn't perfect, but it's a MASSIVE ask to throw in a new player to a team lacking in confidence and leaking goals and ask the partnership to hit the ground running, but they both performed admirably. Hope they really gel.

If we had RJ and Seb together at the start of the season we'd be comfortable now I'm sure.

welshy
04-02-2012, 16:30
Does anyone know if this loan is a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season if we stay up. ? like JOH

Bugsy911
04-02-2012, 16:31
The guy was class today very impressive and has the lot.

welshy
04-02-2012, 16:31
Who can we loan from Spurs next season to save our skins? :D

Joking as side if we stay up, I just hope the club realise the importance of players of Frimpong & Bassong's quality. I think we have a deal agreed if we stay up to sign Bassong, I think Arry mentioned it.

Huddlestone to replace Frimpong.

bridgnorthwolf
04-02-2012, 16:32
Does anyone know if this loan is a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season if we stay up. ? like JOH

No, I'm pretty sure nothing is in place, but I think he would be available for the right price if we were to survive.

They originally wanted 8million, but I really think 5million would get him come the summer.

goldeneyed
04-02-2012, 16:34

Seconded especially if Spurs make a big midfield signing which is likely. Around 8m but worth it along with Bassong. Quality not quantity needed.

Scallywolf
04-02-2012, 16:39
Bassong can provide what we need at the back: quality. Berra is a lot similar to Johnson in that he lacks pace which is what Bassong has.

Scott Dann provided the same at Birmingham when RJ showed some quality. Lets hope our new partnership can now settle and build up an understanding.

Bassong the new Dean Richards (god bless him) anyone?

Dewsburywolf
04-02-2012, 16:41

Seconded especially if Spurs make a big midfield signing which is likely. Around 8m but worth it along with Bassong. Quality not quantity needed.

This times as much as you like

GoldenHorseshoe
04-02-2012, 16:41

Playing the ball out from the back instead of hoofing it, need i say anymore, come on me babbies!!!!!!!!!

We can train that out of him.

(just a little joke):embarassed:

Ulver
04-02-2012, 17:08
Night and day with him and Berra in terms of composure on the ball. Finally we get the composed centre back we've always needed. Impressive especially when you consider how little football he's played this season.

Surrey Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:10
I was pleased with what i saw from him....he does look classy & composed

Poztin
04-02-2012, 17:19
He said on the official site he would look to play it safe for the first game, then once settled "see what else he could do".

Lovely jubbly.

Wolv3nsam
04-02-2012, 17:20
He'll probably take a while to settle down, not sure he has played much this season at all so will be prone to mistakes. Great to have someone at the back who can play it about a bit, though.

Hoganstolemywife
04-02-2012, 17:23
Only saw the second half but boy did he ooze class.

Paul76
04-02-2012, 17:42
This is why our wage structure will need to broken for a few exceptions.

MK Panther
04-02-2012, 17:59
Perhaps also highlights how little Mick has to do with the organising quality players. They have shopped at the bargain basement and have paid the price Frimpong, Bassong are the minimum type of quality we need. Taking a chance management is rubbish.

Mr Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:01
Why would he want to move to the championship?

3 or 4 times today he brought the ball out and had absolutley nothing on, shows how much lack of football we have been playing recently.

Lets not forget JOH contribution either.

johnybig32
04-02-2012, 18:14
i liked how he moved forward with the ball and how compsed he looked under pressure.

Thought he may have got sent off when Clattenburg was looking for an opportunity to even it up but remained calm.

As much as I like Berra, Bassong is a step up!

With Him, Frimpong, Ohara, Jarvis, Fletch we do have theplayers to keep us up.

Hollywood_wolf
04-02-2012, 18:36
This is why our wage structure will need to broken for a few exceptions.

Problem is, there are no exceptions, only precedents

Golden_Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:40
Bassong can provide what we need at the back: quality. Berra is a lot similar to Johnson in that he lacks pace which is what Bassong has.

Scott Dann provided the same at Birmingham when RJ showed some quality. Lets hope our new partnership can now settle and build up an understanding.

Bassong the new Dean Richards (god bless him) anyone?

Berra has no pace?!

I'll admit he's not speedy Gonzalez and he's not as quick as say Bassong but Berra is no slouch. Never understood why people think he's slow. Anyone who's seen him play can see he's got a bit of pace.

Munro Munro
04-02-2012, 19:01
Bassong, i will not say i told you so but i did, just when people were looking at a forward Mick brings in someone who might just tighten the back up, didnt keep that clean sheet though

jayeff17
05-02-2012, 18:07
Good bad or indifferent ?
I thought for a debut game he played pretty well

Arcadius
05-02-2012, 18:08
Only saw MOTD, but he looked good to me!

Ulver
05-02-2012, 18:20
Good bad or indifferent ?
I thought for a debut game he played pretty well

There is a thread here discussing his game: http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=68071

Looked good to me and far more composed than anyone we've had at the back for a while!

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 18:26
Did well. Got out muscled by Zamora for the goal but he won't be the only CB to have that happen to him.

Very composed on the ball and did his job well. Seemed very vocal and was constantly communicating with RJ.

Most composed CB we've had since Lescott I'd say.

Jonny De Wolf
05-02-2012, 18:39
Positional sense looked good - now that has been missing a while

Lupo
05-02-2012, 18:44
There must be an existing forum rule - only start a new thread when you are absolutely sure there is not another thread on the same topic. Can we 'brand' anyone who does not comply with 'Annoying Poster' for the next month.

there, off my chest.....

Jungleee
05-02-2012, 18:48
There must be an existing forum rule - only start a new thread when you are absolutely sure there is not another thread on the same topic. Can we 'brand' anyone who does not comply with 'Annoying Poster' for the next month.

there, off my chest.....

I petition that we burn such vermin at the stake.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 18:50
There must be an existing forum rule - only start a new thread when you are absolutely sure there is not another thread on the same topic.

Try the bit in grey just above the list of actual threads

Announcement : Reminder ; Forum Rules lnc streams

Everything explained in there

Lupo
05-02-2012, 18:50
I petition that we burn such vermin at the stake.

ooh, lets do a poll

- burn at stake
- brand for a month
- ban forever
- wear a baggies shirt

any other suggestions?

Lupo
05-02-2012, 18:52
Try the bit in grey just above the list of actual threads

Announcement : Reminder ; Forum Rules lnc streams

Everything explained in there

rules are good, but not that good :p

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 18:55
rules are good, but not that good :p

Without rules everything descends into anarchy :eek:

GoldenHorseshoe
05-02-2012, 19:11
Without rules everything descends into anarchy :eek:

Including the English language.

Scallywolf
05-02-2012, 19:21
Berra has no pace?!

I'll admit he's not speedy Gonzalez and he's not as quick as say Bassong but Berra is no slouch. Never understood why people think he's slow. Anyone who's seen him play can see he's got a bit of pace.

Yeah a BIT of pace!

I've got a bit of pace as well but Berra is too slow.

Dewsburywolf
05-02-2012, 19:26
Including the English language.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Descend - to move from a higher to a lower place ; come or go down

Bankswolf II
05-02-2012, 19:29
Bassong's peformance is why we needed to buy a second central defender in the summer
If we had him or someone similar I dont think we would be doing half as badly as we are hope he can keep it up

derbyrameater
05-02-2012, 19:29
It`s how fast you cover those first five yards around the penalty area.

paddy
05-02-2012, 19:32
give it 2 weeks before MM/TC knock all football out of him, he wont be able to tie his lace come April

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 19:33
Yeah a BIT of pace!

I've got a bit of pace as well but Berra is too slow.

Have to disagree with you there.

Michellis
05-02-2012, 19:35
He looked good and unflustered most of the time. Betta than Berra.

MonkeySpanner
05-02-2012, 19:51

Don't worry, we'll soon knock that out of him.

WV8 Wolf
05-02-2012, 20:04
i work with a blues fan and he said the reason why johnson was so good with dann was mainly because of Danns speed. Johnson knew that he always could rely on danns pace to mop up anything that got past.

Berra clearly does not have pace but bassong does. Hopefully we can see something of a similar partnership Roger had with Scott Dann at blues.

Tettenhall Wolf
05-02-2012, 20:17
He was slow to move with his man for the qpr goal, but otherwise looked very good. Calm in possession, good distribution and good defending. On what I saw in one game, I think he AND doyler could be new signings. Hope frimpongs injury is not too bad, but I fear it's going to be a month or so?

OldWolvesfart
05-02-2012, 20:31
Looked in control of most situations, has pace, good forward movement, accurate and telling passing of the ball. Considering this was his first full 90 minutes with our players - I would have to give him 9 out of 10 and pray he stays fit and uninjured for the rest of the season.

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 20:34
Looked in control of most situations, has pace, good forward movement, accurate and telling passing of the ball. Considering this was his first full 90 minutes with our players - I would have to give him 9 out of 10 and pray he stays fit and uninjured for the rest of the season.

This

First game did well

Huyton W88lvo
05-02-2012, 20:40
Berra s reasonably quick over the ground but slow upstairs ie speed of thought /decision making

OLDGOLD
05-02-2012, 20:59
A good game...my question is, could a fit Zubar do the same...???

Essex Wolf
06-02-2012, 08:02
Whenever Bassong was in possesion he was looking for a pass as opposed to a hoof. He looked calmer on the ball than anyone else that has played CH for Wolves this season and whilst he may only be here for the rest of the season I hope he forms a regular partnership with RJ who, other than one lapse, looked more assured himself.

QB Wolf
06-02-2012, 08:09
A good game...my question is, could a fit Zubar do the same...???

The answer is no.

giantwolf
06-02-2012, 08:13
Made Garth Crooks team of the week, along with Hennessey and Foley.

Golden_Wolf
06-02-2012, 08:15
Berra s reasonably quick over the ground but slow upstairs ie speed of thought /decision making

this.

don't understand why people think he's slow.

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 10:45
Whenever Bassong was in possesion he was looking for a pass as opposed to a hoof. He looked calmer on the ball than anyone else that has played CH for Wolves this season and whilst he may only be here for the rest of the season I hope he forms a regular partnership with RJ who, other than one lapse, looked more assured himself.

This

Bassong played calm assured football with no hoofs. Rodge also played well and I am the one who wanted Berra in rather than Rodge so fair play