PDA

View Full Version : credit where credit is due

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
04-02-2012, 16:06
fair play to mick making the tactical change which is why possibly the main reason we won the game

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:08
Brave putting Doyle on to be honest!!!!

Gets rewarded with a goal

SE10 Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:09
True enough. I have really turned on MM but today he earned his corn.

Golden_Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:09
Very true.

Now hopefully he won't revert to type next week.

bridgnorthwolf
04-02-2012, 16:10
Bold move and it worked.

I said go 4-4-2 and play Doyle at QPR a few days ago and got shot down.

Playing against 10 men obviously helped, as did having Karl Henry nowhere near the pitch.

Paddy Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:11
Yep. He wasn't helped with the injury to Kightly and then Frimpong but his subs paid off.

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 16:11
Let's not get carried away here. We were being slaughtered when 11 v 11. We won today not because of great tactical genius but because Cisse got sent off.

Dubwolf71
04-02-2012, 16:12
Let's not get carried away here. We were being slaughtered when 11 v 11. We won today not because of great tactical genius but because Cisse got sent off.
As we have suffered in previous games where players that should have been sent off weren't!!

Golden_Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:14

Well he got sent off in 30th minute and we did nothing until MM made the changes at half time.

And to be honest as soon as Frimpong was taken off they didn't create much in that 1st half.

We can all criticize MM when he gets wrong (like we did before the game and during that 1st half) but we should give him credit when he gets it right.

He could have left it as it was at half time instead of bringing on Doyle.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
04-02-2012, 16:16

trust you to come along and veto the thread victor

Akaman
04-02-2012, 16:16
fair play to mick making the tactical change which is why possibly the main reason we won the game

He knew he was on the brink, it was $$$$ or bust time - which we could probably do with more often.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:17

No we won to day because of goals from Jarvis and Doyle

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:18

:d:d:d

wolf97
04-02-2012, 16:25

Agreed, but fair play to Mick all the same. I just wish we could do it for the full 90 minutes.

Dubwolf71
04-02-2012, 17:25
Sounds like a character from The Sopranos.

Rhoswolf
04-02-2012, 17:31
Well he got sent off in 30th minute and we did nothing until MM made the changes at half time.

And to be honest as soon as Frimpong was taken off they didn't create much in that 1st half.

We can all criticize MM when he gets wrong (like we did before the game and during that 1st half) but we should give him credit when he gets it right.

He could have left it as it was at half time instead of bringing on Doyle.

Totally agree, I blame MM much of the time (rightly or wrongly) but today we won so give him credit (rightly or wrongly)!

Shergar
04-02-2012, 17:32
3 points is 3 points and a good enough excuse to enjoy the rest of the week, my missus is well chuffed cos I'm not grumpy tonight.

But it still does not change the bigger picture, We still need to move on from McCarthy next season no matter what division we end up in.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:44
3 points is 3 points and a good enough excuse to enjoy the rest of the week, my missus is well chuffed cos I'm not grumpy tonight.

But it still does not change the bigger picture, We still need to move on from McCarthy next season no matter what division we end up in.

Mine will be when I get off this laptop :D

Mr Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:46
Yes Mick fair play for taking off a centre back who was playing right back, moving the right back from the right wing and playing him at right back and putting a forward on the right wing against 10 men when your jobs on the line.

Get $$$$ed.

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 17:48
No we won to day because of goals from Jarvis and Doyle
No, we won becuse QPR had a player sent off. Are you seriously saying if it stayed 11 v11 we would have won? Had Cisse not gone we could have been 2 or 3 down by ht. Get real.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:52
No, we won becuse QPR had a player sent off. Are you seriously saying if it stayed 11 v11 we would have won? Had Cisse not gone we could have been 2 or 3 down by ht. Get real.

You could have said the same when Henry got sent off??

Personally I am happy to celebrate a Wolves win and the three points. I know the win does not fit your agenda but heyho

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 17:54
You could have said the same when Henry got sent off??

Personally I am happy to celebrate a Wolves win and the three points. I know the win does not fit your agenda but heyho
You know nothing about me or my 'agenda' so wind your neck in.

Metal Wolf89
04-02-2012, 17:54
We had to go for it in the secomd half with three up front but dont expwct it against the albion.

sedgwolf1980
04-02-2012, 17:55
One of the main reasons we won was because the clown that is Richard $$$$ing Stearman was removed from the pitch.

Give me the 25th spot in the squad, and i will spend the next 3 months holding this moron in the bostin crab strangle hold so as he cant get anywhere near the RB position.

Its hard to give Mick any praise when he constantly fails to learn from his mistakes and then has to react to a situation as opposed to creating something positive himself.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:57
You know nothing about me or my 'agenda' so wind your neck in.

We all know your agenda :D

Paul76
04-02-2012, 17:58
Hopefully Zubar will be ready soon. I reckon Zubar, Bassong, Rodge and Ward has lots of potential.

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 18:02

You really are a piece of work aren't you! I bet you could find the negative in any situation. :cool: :stupid:

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 18:03
We all know your agenda :D

Just ignore him mate, he's an idiot. :stupid:

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:04
You really are a piece of work aren't you! I bet you could find the negative in any situation. :cool: :stupid:

He is chewing a wasp because we won :D

Mr Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:08
We were getting outclassed until Cisse got sent off. Then Mick had no choice to swap it around, with no Kightly or Hammil and Hunt playing like a retard Doyle was the only choice.

Yet people think Mick deserves credit, he started with that terrible team then got lucky.

SimplyTheWolves
04-02-2012, 18:09

That may be the case northnorfolkwolf, but how many times does a team of ten men play better? My opinion is we won today because something that happened at half time made the players want to win, don't ask me what, but whatever it was certainly worked.

Either way I don't care what the reason was, Iím absolutely chuffed to bits, we have waited a long time for a performance like the second half today, and more importantly the three points. We have now got to continue with this same positiveness and self belief in our own ability for the rest of the season. Hopefully today Mick has realised that playing a single striker up front doesnít work, we have to be more adventurous, whoever we play.

These wins don't come very often for us, so well done to one and all, lets keep it going for the rest of the season. Out of darkness cometh light.

johnybig32
04-02-2012, 18:17
11men dont always make it count.

We came out and went for it. MM made changes and it worked to our advantage.

You have to take the most out of the situation you are in.

With a settled team including Frimpong (hopefully), Ohara, Fletch, Jarvis there is no reason why we cannot stay up.

Hoganstolemywife
04-02-2012, 18:21
I've had enough of playing well but losing in 09/10 and 10/11.

I'm more than happy to accept the opposite now.

We needed a win SO badly.

Tring Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:43
11men dont always make it count.

We came out and went for it. MM made changes and it worked to our advantage.

You have to take the most out of the situation you are in.

With a settled team including Frimpong (hopefully), Ohara, Fletch, Jarvis there is no reason why we cannot stay up.

Said this on the verdict thread but it was so much better than the last time we played an hour against 10 men at Blues last season. Perhaps Mick learnt from us not being positive enough that day and was justly rewarded for brave substitutions and more attacking intent.

OoohRobbieRobbie
04-02-2012, 19:48
What formation were we playing by the time Doyle came on, and what positions were Doyle, Ebanks and Fletcher in? Can someone help me settle an argument please!?

johnybig32
04-02-2012, 19:58
I think Fletch was played where he wanted to be.

SEB seemed to be central with Jarvis and Doyle wide.

goldeneyed
04-02-2012, 20:00
Yes Mick made a good move with Doyle and we won against the ten men - absolutely delighted. The first half however was the usual dire product and we were hopeless. MM needs to adopt a more attacking attitude from now on. We need to score goals and we need far more shots on goal to achieve this. One or two shots on target a game is pretty scandalous and all to common this season. Rejoice tonight but let's not pretend that our manager is suddenly the messiah. Our predicament this season is largely due to his poor judgement.

Andy Grays perm
04-02-2012, 20:37
Yes Mick made a good move with Doyle and we won against the ten men - absolutely delighted. The first half however was the usual dire product and we were hopeless. MM needs to adopt a more attacking attitude from now on. We need to score goals and we need far more shots on goal to achieve this. One or two shots on target a game is pretty scandalous and all to common this season. Rejoice tonight but let's not pretend that our manager is suddenly the messiah. Our predicament this season is largely due to his poor judgement.

Excellent! Absolutely spot on every word. Well said!

robwolf
04-02-2012, 20:42
I cant believe im agreeing with nnw but as happy as i am today with the win, without Cisse getting sent off we were going to go another game without a win! Yes bringing on doyle was the right move, and paid off, but even with the extra man in the 2nd half there were periods when we couldnt even get the ball off them!

Super Ted
04-02-2012, 21:00
Yes Mick fair play for taking off a centre back who was playing right back, moving the right back from the right wing and playing him at right back and putting a forward on the right wing against 10 men when your jobs on the line.

Get $$$$ed.

Absolutely brilliant. Made me laugh out loud.

Totally agreed with all bar the last line. Well done MM today. But we're still in the $$$$ so let's not do too much back slapping!