PDA

View Full Version : Verdict thread - QPR

Salisbury Wolf
04-02-2012, 16:59
Enjoy! :)

Big Saft Kid
04-02-2012, 17:00
Who said Mick is a lucky manager? 45 minutes from the sack, and he finally sees sense!!! Well done, one and all! :D:D:D

JW
04-02-2012, 17:01
Can now push on for Europe IMO

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 17:02
Thought we were very very mediocre first half. Doyle made all the difference. Him and Seb coming on gave the team far more balance. The red card changed everything but even against ten men you have to make it happen, and we did. Well done lads, proud of you all...... and Mick. The subs made all the difference even though one was enforced. Wierd team selection to start with yet again though. However, it'll be forgotten because we won. Bring on the $$$$e!

welshy
04-02-2012, 17:02
Doyle was class.

Welcome back KD.

AndyP
04-02-2012, 17:03
Great to have Doyle back. SEB held the ball up really well too. Good tactics from Mick in the 2nd half.

MOTM - Jarvo just edged it.

time for a drink!

TorontoWolves
04-02-2012, 17:03
good win, gives us confidence for when we face the baggies. THAT is a must win game. We can start to close the gap, and draw them into the scrap.

1965Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:04
Whether or notwe stay up-and Ihave always thought we will- today shows the utter folly of proclaiming our certain demise at this stage of the season.

Wexford Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:04
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes...... Oh and err...Yes!!!!

When backs really to the wall, Wolves shine!!
Out of the darkness cometh the light...................

Elvis Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:05
Excellent second half and a well deserved win. Let's hope that we can push on with another one next Sunday !!!!

StefanWolves
04-02-2012, 17:05
Wonder what that $$$$ Joey Barton has to say on Twitter later...

sillytuna
04-02-2012, 17:06
Actually today showed both sides of mick. If only he would be more positive...

Derbywolf85
04-02-2012, 17:07
Dire first half...lack of creation, could tell we were trying not to concede and nick a point.

What a transformation in the second half though! Could Doyler play that wide right role with Fletch and SEB up top and Jarvo on the other side? For the first 15 minutes of the second half we looked like we'd score every time we went forward! Doyle did some tracking back and defending at the end as well when we were under pressure...

Jarvo was dynamite in the 2nd half, O'Hara ran the show in the middle and Danger Dave ran himself in to the ground as well. Jarvo gets MOTM for me!

Lets Carry this forward now...another 3 points against the Albion and things will look much rosier! Still not out of it yet!

Still...Tonight I can :D

Come on me BABBIES!!

crazywolfy
04-02-2012, 17:09
cisse is gonna be out longer than 3 games you wanna see how he was gripped his neck!!! ok the challenge wasnt good ill be first to admit that some on here but the reaction of cisse no called for!!

anyway not great first half but came to life when cisse sent off

Bring on doyle was great tactic for mick and working scoring the winner back to scoring ways and jarvo scored and did well bassong defended well for his debut all played well welcome back o hara who worked his socks off too

Baggies next bring them on and up the wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocky_Balllboa
04-02-2012, 17:10
finally a win, well done all! :)

Tring Wolf
Great result made even better by defeats for Bolton, Blackburn and Albion. Yes, we may have had some luck with the sending off but surely we deserved some after some of the decisions that have gone against us this year.

Great to see Doyler notch the winner. As Hogan, I and a few others said on previous threads, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Finally, a big well done to all the fans who braved the cold and nightmare journeys and got rewarded with such a massive three points.

Come on you Wolves!

wolf97
If Mick is as positive as he was second half today I can see a bright future. IF being the operative word.

asleulv
04-02-2012, 17:11
I love you Kevin Doyle. I really do.

kennyB
04-02-2012, 17:11
Great to get a win but was having kittens when we sat back the last 15 mins. Doyle looked very fresh and was the difference. Some excellent saves from Hennessey. Can we play against 10 men every week?

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:12
The players gave their all for Mick

O Hara just back run himself into the ground as did Edwards and SEB!!!!!

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 17:12
Looking forward to Bridgnorth Wolf's critique of Hennessey's performance. Apparently according to the goalkeeping oracle he was $$$$e......... again!

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 17:14
The players gave their all for Mick

O Hara just back run himself into the ground as did Edwards and SEB!!!!!

Agree mate! Get yourself down the Lamb and celebrate! :D

North West Wanderer
04-02-2012, 17:14
Get in

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:16

How the hell do you know my village pub is the Lamb???:D

Paul76
04-02-2012, 17:16
We had some luck finally with the Frog being sent off. I don't care about performances today. We just needed too win a game of football. This result could be absolutely massive for the manager, players, chairman and the fans.

Lets all just call a truce tonight and simply enjoy the feeling of winning. Check the table out. Check our next fixture out.

I think our defence might just be sorted with Bassong. I've always said, sort our defence, and we'll stay up easily.

Lots of encouragement tonight.

Freeport wolf
04-02-2012, 17:27
A really great result, I thought the best we would get was a draw. Although I prefer the Fox to the Lamb for a celebration !

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:29
A really great result, I thought the best we would get was a draw. Although I prefer the Fox to the Lamb for a celebration !

Yea but I can walk to the Lamb where the Fox is a car journey :D

SCB
04-02-2012, 17:30
...45 minutes from the sack... :D:D:D

In yer head.
:cool:

Tony
04-02-2012, 17:31
Hen's 'worldy' from Taarabt earns him my man of the match :D

Golden_Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:32
That's 13 points from losing positions we've gained this season (according to Jeff Stelling).

JOSWolf
04-02-2012, 17:32
Well done lads. We've won a game, thank you Lord!
Hope Frimong is ok. We need him for the run in and next week with no Henry.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:34
Hen's 'worldy' from Taarabt earns him my man of the match :D

Bet Bridgnorth Wolf will give him MOTM too :D

SCB
04-02-2012, 17:37
If Mick is as positive as he was second half today I can see a bright future. IF being the operative word.

Don't think it's an IF - it's a When.

MM knows its a tightrope walking being at the bottom of the PL. And Morgan knows yer can pour money in by the truckloads and get no returns.
IMO MM and SM are doing the right thing trying to survive without getting the club into trouble.
I think SM got Wolves for a quid - and a promise to SJH that he will not send Wolves in financial trouble (receivership)

-MTW-
04-02-2012, 17:38
Very happy with the result. Some decent performances and a tactical masterstroke (lol) from Mick. Great perforance for Hen and also Jarvo.
My biggest misgiving is about the way we react to pressure (last ten or so) we tend to clear the ball to the opposition midfield and let them come back at us again. We shouldn't be doing that against ten men surely and perhaps we were lucky to get away with it.

There are no rules for derbies, so really looking forward to a pumped up team getting a result against Tescoville next week.

UTW

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 17:40
How the hell do you know my village pub is the Lamb???:D

Well I live in Telford so it's either the Lamb or the Fox!! Either way a celebration is in order! We don't get too many opportunities do we? :D

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 17:40
Bet Bridgnorth Wolf will give him MOTM too :D

Yeah! Right! :rolleyes:

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:41
Well I live in Telford so it's either the Lamb or the Fox!! Either way a celebration is in order! We don't get too many opportunities do we? :D

Good man a celebration is definately in order!!!!

Really looking forward to watching the Baggies match now I hope the South Bank will be rocking!!

Freeport wolf
04-02-2012, 17:45
Yes, that's also the downside for me as it's too far to walk. Will probably stop off after the Albion game, my wife can drive me home !

AW
04-02-2012, 17:45
Now all we need is for England to beat the dirty scots in the rugby!

Wagstaffe Was Magic
04-02-2012, 17:46
It feels so special . . . . . I could weep! Delighted for the players but particularly for the Manager! That was one tough week for him, but as always he kept the ship on an even keel!

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:48
Yes, that's also the downside for me as it's too far to walk. Will probably stop off after the Albion game, my wife can drive me home !

Which stand are you in??

Ulver
04-02-2012, 17:50
Well, I now know what the problem's been all season..

I watched the whole of the awful first half.. Then at half time a small electrical fire and the fire brigade interrupted my viewing until the 82nd minute..

I did at least see Wayne's fantastic save.

Whilst not a mathematical must win, it was a must win in terms of getting the confidence and belief back. Out of the relegation zone at least for now, Bassong despite making a couple of errors (must be rusty) is just what we need, a calm defender with a lot of skill on the ball who can play out from defence. I'm also very pleased it was Doyle who made the difference, hopefully he can kick on next week! Good to see O'Hara back too.

The results elsewhere have gone pretty well for us too.

greco wolf
04-02-2012, 17:51
nervy last 10 minutes but we deserved that

Hennessey made some great saves and we clung on

what a time to play the $$$$$ with a win in our sails

SCB
04-02-2012, 17:54
It feels so special . . . . . I could weep! Delighted for the players but particularly for the Manager! That was one tough week for him, but as always he kept the ship on an even keel!

Agree! (apart from the weeping stuff)

cooper_J
04-02-2012, 17:55
No doubting the red card changed the game, we were awful first half. Credit to mick though, very positive with the changes.

Onwards and upwards.

Freeport wolf
04-02-2012, 17:55
Which stand are you in??
Billy Wright

Arcadius
04-02-2012, 17:58
Get in there!!

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 17:59
Billy Wright

Enjoy!!

I want to hear you singing next week, I will be the nutter in the South Bank on the side next to you so I will be listening :D

wallace
04-02-2012, 18:02
great result for us. after a demoralising 1st half mick and the team really had a go and it paid off, well done to all. another plus is being able to see barton and hughes have to eat humble pie. saturday night on a positive feels great.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:03
great result for us. after a demoralising 1st half mick and the team really had a go and it paid off, well done to all. another plus is being able to see barton and hughes have to eat humble pie. saturday night on a positive feels great.

Doesnt it just!!!

God I wish every saturday felt like this :D

Apocalypse Now
04-02-2012, 18:07
Mark Hughes said apart from the two goals we didn't cause them any trouble - is he for real!!!

Freeport wolf
04-02-2012, 18:07
Enjoy!!

I want to hear you singing next week, I will be the nutter in the South Bank on the side next to you so I will be listening :D
I will do my best. It's a long time since my old North Bank days when we used to make the most noise!!

Lilleshall Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:10
Is the Lion still going ? That used to be the best pub in Edgmond.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:10
I will do my best. It's a long time since my old North Bank days when we used to make the most noise!!

That is a long time :D

I have been on the South Bank since I was eight and I am 52 now......

Arcadius
04-02-2012, 18:13
Have marked the occassion by selecting a new avatar of my new girlfriend!!!

Surrey Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:13
Until the sending off we looked out of it, but the change of formation worked & we played some great attacking football in the 2nd half & hung on at the end for the win. Good win for confidence, Bassong looks quality & it's great to have O'Hara back.... pleased for Doyle aswell....that's the player we want back!

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:14

Lucky boy!! I think you should celebrate the win with her :D

Pompey Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:15
That's 13 points from losing positions we've gained this season (according to Jeff Stelling).
That's because we get into lots of losing positions!:D

Arcadius
04-02-2012, 18:15
Lucky boy!! I think you should celebrate the win with her :D

I must admit Edg... only in my dreams!!!:embarassed:

Tony
04-02-2012, 18:17
Why can I only see avatars when I am logged out? :confused:

Freeport wolf
04-02-2012, 18:21
That is a long time :D

I have been on the South Bank since I was eight and I am 52 now......
I will get pension this year, hence the Billy Wright ! The passion is the same and will never change. That's why today is a time to celebrate !

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:22
I must admit Edg... only in my dreams!!!:embarassed:

Have a drink I am sure you can picture her better :D

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:23
I will get pension this year, hence the Billy Wright ! The passion is the same and will never change. That's why today is a time to celebrate !

Its great being a Wolves fan as you say the passion stays the same. I can see it in my son as well

Enjoy this evening, its is time to celebrate :D

Apocalypse Now
04-02-2012, 18:23

You didn't copy and paste that from Accountancy:eek:

Hoganstolemywife
04-02-2012, 18:33
Get the $$$$ in!

Wolves always pull it out of the bag on or around my Birthday (tomorrow). Last year United, this year QPR.

I only got back in time for the second half so I missed what has been roundly described as the toshness of the first half. I know we were only against 10 men...but Bassong looked superb at the back.

Doyle was the Doyle of old, O'Hara brought more than the rest of our midfield combined have done so for the past month!

VERY happy tonight. If there was one match I wanted us to win, it was this one. Now I'm going to have a nosey on the Cuu Pee Air board and gloat internally.

GET IN

Tring Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:41
Get the $$$$ in!

Wolves always pull it out of the bag on or around my Birthday (tomorrow). Last year United, this year QPR.

I only got back in time for the second half so I missed what has been roundly described as the toshness of the first half. I know we were only against 10 men...but Bassong looked superb at the back.

Doyle was the Doyle of old, O'Hara brought more than the rest of our midfield combined have done so for the past month!

VERY happy tonight. If there was one match I wanted us to win, it was this one. Now I'm going to have a nosey on the Cuu Pee Air board and gloat internally.

GET IN

Great stuff Hogan. O'Hara does make a massive difference to the creative side of our play. And chuffed for Doyler. Knew he still had a big part to play this season.

Many happy returns for tomorrow. A great early birthday present.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:43
Get the $$$$ in!

GET IN

Enjoy your Birthday mate :D

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 18:45
Great result but everyone on here seems to forget we were playing v 10 men???? When it was 11 v 11 we were getting murdered. As usual out come the rose coloured spectacles on here - if we can beat Albion with an attacking display I'll perhaps believe we can go on and stay up.

Arcadius
04-02-2012, 18:54
You didn't copy and paste that from Accountancy:eek:

No, but I like to keep abreast of other types of figures!:D

Paul76
04-02-2012, 18:55
Great result but everyone on here seems to forget we were playing v 10 men???? When it was 11 v 11 we were getting murdered. As usual out come the rose coloured spectacles on here - if we can beat Albion with an attacking display I'll perhaps believe we can go on and stay up.

I know mate, but $$$$ it. We won, that is that matters tonight.

We can all go into the Albion match pulling in the right direction.

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:56
I know mate, but $$$$ it. We won, that is that matters tonight.

We can all go into the Albion match pulling into the right direction.

This!!!

Lets ALL enjoy the result and the three points that has lifted us out of the relegation zone :D

EdwardLoxdale
04-02-2012, 18:58
Get in well done wolves :-) hope the doubters can feel the faith now! Come on wolves!

Tring Wolf
04-02-2012, 18:59
I don't think anyone has forgotten that we were playing against 10 men but are just so happy with the 3 points and the way we went for it second half.

Actually got me thinking about the last time we played for nearly an hour against ten men away at Birmingham last year, where we continued to be cautious and barely registered a shot on target. Perhaps this is one example of where Mick has learnt from a mistake and been rewarded for some brave substitutions...

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 19:00
I don't think anyone has forgotten that we were playing against 10 men but are just so happy with the 3 points and the way we went for it second half.

Actually got me thinking about the last time we played for nearly an hour against ten men away at Birmingham last year, where we continued to be cautious and barely registered a shot on target. Perhaps this is one example of where Mick has learnt from a mistake and been rewarded for some brave substitutions...

This

old wittonian
04-02-2012, 19:02

Not all doom and gloom then ?

AW
04-02-2012, 19:04
England won the rugby. Just having a Mexican overlooking a fairly snowy Scarborough.

Let's get $$$$ed!!

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 19:05
England won the rugby. Just having a Mexican overlooking a fairly snowy Scarborough.

Let's get $$$$ed!!

Good news re England

See you on the drunk thread :D

johnybig32
04-02-2012, 19:09
People moaning about the lack of creativity in midfield and why havent we signed anyone...Welcome back Jamie O'hara.

What a performance for your first game back. Like before your injury, you dont hide, you go and get the ball and look to make things happen. We have been missed and with Frimpong alongside you, hopefully we will develop a great CM.

Foley NEEDS to play at RB, no matter hwat is happening infront of him. Much better with him at the back.

MM changed the game with his tactical change. So pleased for Doyle. GOAL rounded off a super second half performance.

Its all change again at the bottom and WHEN we beat WBA, we'll only be 2 points behind them.

Keep believing and keep the faith.

(Yes, playing against 10men helped but that doesnt always work to the 11mens advantage. Credit where credit is due)

Pengwern
04-02-2012, 19:16
Medial or crucate ligament injury for Frimpong according to the other thread and minimum 6 weeks out probably, so he will only play half our remaining games. Shame.

AW
04-02-2012, 19:22
Good news re England

See you on the drunk thread :D

Yeah going to be at an Irish bar for the next few hours!

Hoganstolemywife
04-02-2012, 19:23
Medial or crucate ligament injury for Frimpong according to the other thread and minimum 6 weeks out probably, so he will only play half our remaining games. Shame.

That's just my guess!! Don't listen to anything I see.

Frimpong would be back on Thursday if he'd broken his leg.

Michellis
04-02-2012, 19:27
great result but everyone on here seems to forget we were playing v 10 men???? When it was 11 v 11 we were getting murdered. As usual out come the rose coloured spectacles on here - if we can beat albion with an attacking display i'll perhaps believe we can go on and stay up.

+1

wolvo_boi
04-02-2012, 19:29

The best record in The league!

QPR have lost 15 from winning positions, the worst in the league!

PumpKing
04-02-2012, 19:31
Sorry. I think I`ve just logged in to the wrong forum.

WonderWolf
04-02-2012, 19:37
Sorry. I think I`ve just logged in to the wrong forum.

No. I'm sure I've seen you about.

You just have to choose the right day! :D

HICKO
04-02-2012, 19:59
Don't know if this has already been mentioned...................Mark Hughes interview after the game, he never mentioned our team let alone he lost, perhaps it won't be as easy as he,and others think, to avoid relegation.

arooooo
04-02-2012, 20:08
Great to get a win but was having kittens when we sat back the last 15 mins.
Me? I was having full-grown pregnant cats, who were giving birth to kittens *as* they squirted out of me.

O'Hara Harrying, Doyle Dolying once more, Bassong booming on his debut, hope Manny isn't too crocked (oops Pengwern just read your bit; hope it's not that bad; HSMW you're right -- if this dude broke his neck he'd be out max a month) ...

I just mean, I mean, after all we've been through, we sure needed sumpin', and we gots us a sumpin'!, and I'm a-gonna keep this positive blood flowing through my veins. Whaddya got to lose. You only live nine times after all, this cat told me once....

goldeneyed
04-02-2012, 20:22
Of course we are over the moon. We have actually won a match. But that first half was dire and we fell back in the last 15 minutes. Encouraging performances but it was against ten men and there is a long way to go.

I think one of the lessons is that MM needs to let this team more off the leash. We need to attack much more and get more shots on goal. Give ourselves a chance rather than timidly clam up hoping for the odd backs to the wall draw which is the normal MM mentality.

Hopefully Bassong will bring more confidence to the defence and O'Hara much needed midfield creativity. Doyle's goal was great news and hopefully he can kick on from here. But if Frimpong is out for some time now that is a big blow imv and typical of our bad luck.

A win against West Brom with real attacking intent and there will be definite hope again. But it does need to be a win. A draw at home is no good against these kinds of teams around us and a defeat would be disastrous. Time for the whole team to buck up and for MM to improve his own decision making which has been appalling this season. Hope Kightly is back next week too. Perhaps the most important match of the season next week psychologically as well as for sheer points. Can we beat 11 men?

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 21:28

God help me! Pillock!!

Adrian_Monk
04-02-2012, 21:36
More like it goldeneyed, not sure what game some people were watching but obviously not the same one as me. We were abominable in the first half, the football was poor when we really needed an answer to the questions that were posed midweek. I thought the response from the players was not great but not helped by another lopsided McCarthy starting line up. I had a feeling he would go with something more defensive out wide but predicted it would be Ward that would get moved, instead we were treated to the sight of Stearman lumbering around out of position yet again and Foley turning back every time he got the ball. Will mick ever learn???

Throwing caution to the wind on the face of it has saved his job, and for sure we were better than we have been recently, but whilst some of the attacking play was good QPR carved us open time and again and but for bodies being in the way too many times for comfort, it could have easily gone the other way against a promoted team down to ten men with a bunch of players that were slung together in the last two transfer windows, with the sight of 7 minutes of Wolves time wasting a testament to both how desperate we have sunk to, and how much pressure the team have put themselves under with their inept performances so far this season.

O'Hara made a massive difference. Bassong allowed us a higher defensive line which helped ease the pressure. Johnson looked better with him, Foley and Ward continued their recent shakiness, Edwards was typical Dave, Eshoots-Blanks toiled but never looks like scoring.

Let's hope this will give us the confidence to express ourselves a bit better within the confines of the dreadful kabbadiball we keep starting games with, and hopefully we won't have to keep pulling back deficits to get results.

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 21:39
God help me! Pillock!!
Why exactly? We were murdered for the 1st half and outplayed by 10 men for the last 15 minutes? Oh yes we were on top for the middle 30 minutes - get the flags out! Yes, we have 3 more pts, we're 4th from bottom and we've won a match. Let's all jump up and down but looking at the bigger picture we're still in the $$$$ but just not quite so deep!

yateleywolf
04-02-2012, 22:05
Don`t need to analyse this game too much.Simple getting a win and three points is all that was required.

Couldn`t believe our luck when Cisse grabbed Johnson`s throat(TBF i`ve wanted to do that myself this season watching some of his defending) but we took advantage and fair play for MM and his tactics today.

Big upgrade in defence with Bassong who actualy looked to pass it out of defence instead of hoof it and seem to calm some of the others around him.

Just hope O`Hara stays fit as he made a big difference in mf today.

Doyle was back to his best looking like he was wanting to play again.

Great support today.Even when we were losing first half.

Hope this will kick-start the season.

SimplyTheWolves
04-02-2012, 22:14
Why exactly? We were murdered for the 1st half and outplayed by 10 men for the last 15 minutes? Oh yes we were on top for the middle 30 minutes - get the flags out! Yes, we have 3 more pts, we're 4th from bottom and we've won a match. Let's all jump up and down but looking at the bigger picture we're still in the $$$$ but just not quite so deep!

OK then northnorfolkwolf lets not take any positives at all from today, lets just give in now. After all we only have 14 games left, and if we all continue with the same attitude as you have, then I'm sure your dream will come true.

Whatever we have now is all we’ve got, players, manager, and support, if you and others want to jeopardise our remaining chance of survival then that’s your choice, but don't put us others down for wanting to believe we can survive.

Keep it up northnorfolkwolf, your doing a good job!!!!?

Edgmond Wolf
04-02-2012, 22:39
OK then northnorfolkwolf lets not take any positives at all from today, lets just give in now. After all we only have 14 games left, and if we all continue with the same attitude as you have, then I'm sure your dream will come true.

Whatever we have now is all we’ve got, players, manager, and support, if you and others want to jeopardise our remaining chance of survival then that’s your choice, but don't put us others down for wanting to believe we can survive.

This for me too

We have fourteen cup finals to survive

Come on the Wolves

Netherton Wolf
04-02-2012, 22:44
just walked in been burried insnoww 4 3 hs arsoled but happy, can't speak cant walk but very very happy/

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 23:10
This for me too

Come on the Wolves

Well said mate. Think someone needs to explain to NNW that you don't often get what you want in life but you do get what you think about most of the time. He's a muppet. Thank god for the ignore button. I can avoid him for the rest of the season! :-)))

KiwiWolf
04-02-2012, 23:12
ok then northnorfolkwolf lets not take any positives at all from today, lets just give in now. After all we only have 14 games left, and if we all continue with the same attitude as you have, then i'm sure your dream will come true.

+1

Lupo
04-02-2012, 23:38
This for me too

Come on the Wolves

Lets just hope they're not the same 14 cup finals that Wenger says Arsenal have got left too!

PeteWolf
05-02-2012, 00:11
God help me! Pillock!!

Mods, why is this user still allowed to post here/not received an infraction when all he does is insult people who don't agree with his narrow view of events instead of actually debating anything?

Salisbury Wolf
05-02-2012, 00:26
It has been dealt with.

PeteWolf
05-02-2012, 00:38
It has been dealt with.

Glad to hear. I'm not being funny or telling you how to do your job or anything, we all get a bit passionate at times and occasionally get a little too wound up, but some people on here really do have a fervent agenda against people who attempt to form their own opinions and rationally argue them.

Molineux Mix is a classic microcosm of 1930's Germany at times with the brow beating, extrication of non-conformists and faith in Moxey's propaganda.

Shanghai Wolf
05-02-2012, 00:57

You really are miserable

Shanghai Wolf
05-02-2012, 01:02
Glad to hear. I'm not being funny or telling you how to do your job or anything, we all get a bit passionate at times and occasionally get a little too wound up, but some people on here really do have a fervent agenda against people who attempt to form their own opinions and rationally argue them.

Molineux Mix is a classic microcosm of 1930's Germany at times with the brow beating, extrication of non-conformists and faith in Moxey's propaganda.

Wat? It haz not do with ze Germans! it has to do with the Numpties.

Speckled Jim
05-02-2012, 03:44

You remind me of Roberto Mancini. Standing on the sideline waving imaginary cards, do you wear a scarf pw?

Hoganstolemywife
05-02-2012, 05:52
Bring in Jesse Owens.

Thinking about it, he'd be a phenomenal winger!

KiwiWolf
05-02-2012, 06:27
You remind me of Roberto Mancini. Standing on the sideline waving imaginary cards, do you wear a scarf pw?

Indeed, but simple things and all that! Just like referees, some mods are insecure enough to listen, and just like some players I couldn't give a toss! :D

KiwiWolf
05-02-2012, 06:29

That's total codswallop. Get over yourself, you really aren't that important.

Dewolf
05-02-2012, 09:02

And the early front runner for most crass comment of 2012 is....:eek:

Akaman
05-02-2012, 10:16

Elements of truth in that. I'm pretty certain we wouldn't have won but for Cisse's stupidity but at least we began the second half with the right attitude. The last ten minutes was always going to be nervy, just as it was for Villa against our ten men a couple of weeks ago.

We have to keep that mind set we had yesterday, especially in the so called "winnable" games. Don't go out to try and keep it tight, go out to seize the game and put the opposition on the back foot. We might just win enough to stay up.

Poztin
05-02-2012, 10:22
The biggest plus from yesterday was that when we were on top, we made it count.

Something we've lacked all season.

Wolfman jack
05-02-2012, 10:36
You really are miserable

I largely agree with Norfolk. Great 3 points, desperately needed, maybe a spur to kick on but lets keep it in context. We were great for about 30 mins and then nearly conceded a number of times before the final whistle.

Paul76
05-02-2012, 10:53
I agree with the posters who are saying keep this win in context. We were playing awful in the first half. The commentators were saying that QPR probably hadn't had a easier first half all season. This didn't surprise me one jot.

I was expecting a reaction after half time, and we got one. Mick made some simple changes and funnily enough, they paid off. I haven't got a problem with how Wolves saw the game out for the last ten minutes. It's was predictable that we would sit deep and that QPR would throw the kitchen sink at us.

Overall, I thought we defended pretty well throughout the game. Rodger Johnston had his normal few moments of absolutely terrible defending. He was lucky he wasn't made to pay. He really needs to cut these moments of madness out. He looks useless when high balls are played over his shoulder.

On the other hand, Bassong looks head and shoulders above anything else we've had in defence since Lescott. Just the way he gets possession, and then calmly plays the ball out will be absolute massive for us. He did have a couple of dodgy moments himself, but I'll forgive him for that has he's not played too much this season.

Was also superb to see Doyle smiling again. If we're too stay up this season, then we need our best players on the field. We need to incorporate Fletch and Doyle in the same starting eleven. 4-5-1 is $$$$. It doesn't work us in my opinion. And I think the stats will back that up. We've got the players to hurt teams. We need to be more offensive and fluid.

Anyway, That's enough, Can't be arsed to keep typing. Bring on the West Brom $$$$ers.

ginboomerang
05-02-2012, 11:10
Dissapointed when I got into the ground to see Stearman RB and Foley RM, that's no attacking threat down the right side then thinks I, we've come to strangle a point. Outplayed for 15 minutes, go a goal down and our crowd are subdued, we've been here before.
Cisse decides to play for us to balance the game out more, O'Hara gets more space and time to dictate play with some great passing and finally SEB get's involved in the Premier League. Doyle looked better in a 'free' role running at defenders from deep ably assisted by Jarvis who looked to take his man on every time, I have a theory that he plays more confidently out of earshot of MM.

Special mention to Bassong, calm quality player who looked to pass the ball out of defence and was constantly making space for himself to receive the ball from Hennessy, I didn't miss Berra's skewed hoikes one bit.

JOSWolf
05-02-2012, 11:15
That's total codswallop. Get over yourself, you really aren't that important.

I think its you that should get over yourself.

Chiswick_Wolf
05-02-2012, 11:30
Always love to see Godwins law in effect...and in just 4 pages! Great work!

For those unfamiliar with it please see here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

KiwiWolf
05-02-2012, 11:30
Special mention to Bassong, calm quality player who looked to pass the ball out of defence and was constantly making space for himself to receive the ball from Hennessy, I didn't miss Berra's skewed hoikes one bit.

Hennessey seemed to have more options available to him throughout the game yesterday. It'll make a big difference to him to have a centre half in front of him who is comfortable on the ball and doesn't need to hoof upfield every time. Let's face it, normally when he passes it to Rodg or Berra, they hoof it. So Hennessey probably thinks if that's all they're going to do well why bother doing anythig else myself, the outcome will be the same ultimately. Now he has options.

KiwiWolf
05-02-2012, 11:32
Always love to see Godwins law in effect...and in just 4 pages! Great work!

For those unfamiliar with it please see here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

How the heck did you come across that? Brilliant, and so true!

Oldgold Wolfcub
05-02-2012, 11:34
You really are miserable
Okay so he's miserable. But is he wrong?

PumpKing
05-02-2012, 11:38
I think its you that should get over yourself.

We had a spendid, rare win yesterday, so a great day to wake up to. So tell you what, why not carry on bickering and spoil it?

Enjoy the moment.:party:

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 11:49
Enjoy the moment.:party:

This

Can we start a mexican wave???

:party::party::party:

PeteWolf
05-02-2012, 11:55
How the heck did you come across that? Brilliant, and so true!
You're new to the internet aren't you?

ginboomerang
05-02-2012, 11:58

Be kind, remember when you first had a stiffie ?

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 11:58

Boooooo PeteWolf stopped the mexican wave....

Leftside leftside start the wave

PeteWolf
05-02-2012, 12:00
Be kind, remember when you first had a stiffie ?
It's like being 17 and that mate on his first night out that gets everyone kicked out a club because he's $$$$ed on half a carling and making a nuisance of himself!

Shanghai Wolf
05-02-2012, 12:10

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 12:12
Partytime...

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 12:12

wolf97
05-02-2012, 12:18
OK OK OK, Edgmond, here ya go.

:party::party::party::party:

Mark Rankines Lovechild
05-02-2012, 12:19
oh sorry, pardon me I thought I had visited the QPR verdict thread..... but this appears to be the inane bull$$$$ thread. :confused:

AW
05-02-2012, 12:21
What the hell are you lot on?

Shouldn't you be in church?

wolf97
05-02-2012, 12:36
What the hell are you lot on?

Shouldn't you be in church?

Nah, drunk thread I think. :embarassed:

AW
05-02-2012, 12:39
Nah, drunk thread I think. :embarassed:

Fairplay to them for carrying on!
We called it a night at 6 this morning.

PumpKing
05-02-2012, 14:21
Apologies if this has been commented on already, but I have now watched the highlights of our game for at least the tenth time and each time, marvel at the composure shown by our Rog when being grabbed by the wind pipe. Retaliation would have easily meant him going as well.

So I just think a little mention for him is well deserved.

Well done Roger, yesterday you were more of a footballer than that overpriced clown that tried to throttle you.

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 14:29
Apologies if this has been commented on already, but I have now watched the highlights of our game for at least the tenth time and each time, marvel at the composure shown by our Rog when being grabbed by the wind pipe. Retaliation would have easily meant him going as well.

Well done Roger, yesterday you were more of a footballer than that overpriced clown that tried to throttle you.

He's done that a few times that season. Very very controlled in situations like that. I remember when we played QPR at home & Barton & Henry were jawing at one another & it looked like it might kick off, RJ was there pulling Henry away & being a calming influence. You know doing the captain's job that some suggest he isn't up to.

Jungleee
05-02-2012, 14:40
Come on here to see the comments and people are arguing? Wow. Almost as bad as the two Wolves fans scrapping yesterday in the $$$$ing concourse.

306NOTOUT
05-02-2012, 14:42
Come on here to see the comments and people are arguing? Wow. Almost as bad as the two Wolves fans scrapping yesterday in the $$$$ing concourse.

I missed that, mind you how badly crushed were they at half time

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 14:49

lol what?!?

PumpKing
05-02-2012, 14:51

Well said Jungleee, some folk, never happy unless they are "avin a go" .

Can we have Edgs` Mexican wave back, that was a nice, happy time.

Jungleee
05-02-2012, 15:29
I missed that, mind you how badly crushed were they at half time

Y1 start of half time, unsure what it was about though. Took 3 or 4 stewards to chuck him out!

lol what?!?

Exactly..

Michellis
05-02-2012, 16:49
Our goalkeeper saved the day again by the way.

KiwiWolf
05-02-2012, 16:56
Our goalkeeper saved the day again by the way.

Thought he played well again yesterday. People criticising him for their goal are a bit unfair. Most people would expect a quality centre forward to score from that position. His saves later however, kept us in front. Good man Hen!!

Golden_Wolf
05-02-2012, 18:08
Thought he played well again yesterday. People criticising him for their goal are a bit unfair. Most people would expect a quality centre forward to score from that position. His saves later however, kept us in front. Good man Hen!!

Exactly.

Can't believe some posters actually wanted to see Dorus (nothing against him) between the sticks.

johnybig32
05-02-2012, 20:03
Henners would walk into Man.Utds team at the moment.

Tim Howard, one of the most reputable keepers in the league had a mare yesterday.

Sometimes it happens.

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 21:23
OK OK OK, Edgmond, here ya go.

Well done mate looks like we need another reminder...

Edgmond Wolf
05-02-2012, 21:24

spittlep
05-02-2012, 21:40
great result but everyone on here seems to forget we were playing v 10 men???? When it was 11 v 11 we were getting murdered. As usual out come the rose coloured spectacles on here - if we can beat albion with an attacking display i'll perhaps believe we can go on and stay up.

+100000000

Wagstaffe Was Magic
05-02-2012, 23:16
Surprised that nobody has commented (perhaps I have missed it) on that wonderful passage of play by us just before half time with Jarvo spoiling it by blasting it over the bar!!

However there was some marvellous one twos and general interplay which just goes to show that we can play . . .

Essex Wolf
06-02-2012, 08:52
Back on topic I have to say Wolves got lucky in this game.

Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon with three points and especially away from home but in the 1st half Wolves were terrible. I feel had QPR kept 11 players on the pitch Wolves would have taken nothing.

Of course none of us can guarantee what the outcome would have been had Cisse stayed on but it wasn't looking good.

However nice to have some luck come Wolves way for a change.

Papper
06-02-2012, 09:01
Back on topic I have to say Wolves got lucky in this game.

Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon with three points and especially away from home but in the 1st half Wolves were terrible. I feel had QPR kept 11 players on the pitch Wolves would have taken nothing.

Of course none of us can guarantee what the outcome would have been had Cisse stayed on but it wasn't looking good.

However nice to have some luck come Wolves way for a change.

I don't think it's a pointer to a bright new future so I won't start getting too excited just yet. It looks like a gap has sprung and I don't see much difference in ability between the bottom six but Bassong may prove to be the signing of the season and if O'Hara can stay fit there is more than enough ingredients for McCarthy and Connor to make the right blend. Causes for cautious optimism I think. He just needs to sort that midfield out, get that right and the rest will slot in place. Quick, direct play is essential.

Essex Wolf
06-02-2012, 09:04
I don't think it's a pointer to a bright new future so I won't start getting too excited just yet. It looks like a gap has sprung and I don't see much difference in ability between the bottom six but Bassong may prove to be the signing of the season and if O'Hara can stay fit there is more than enough ingredients for McCarthy and Connor to make the right blend. Causes for cautious optimism I think. He just needs to sort that midfield out, get that right and the rest will slot in place. Quick, direct play is essential.

Fully agreed Papper and one fortuatous win is no guarantee Wolves are out of the woods but it's a start.

Dr Wolfenstein
06-02-2012, 09:07

Exactly. Didn't even brush the hand away. Just left it there as evidence.

Nor did we surround the referee to pressurise for a sending off.

KiwiWolf
06-02-2012, 09:09
Rightside rightside start the wave

JR's Boots
06-02-2012, 09:18
Mick was a lucky man but boy that win was a relief.

The usual over cautious team selection led to a poor first half. Cisse's sending off, being 1-0 down and no wingers on the bench meant Mick bought Doyle on and we were a different side.

Hopefully Mick will have learnt from this game and play with one winger (Jarvis) and Doyle in a free role, with O'Hara and Frimpong (if he's fit) in CM. No more Stearmans, Berras and Henry's. Get our best footballers on the pitch. With a nucleas of Hennessey, Bassong, O'Hara, Frimpong, Jarvis, Doyle and Fletcher, we should have a team that is comfortably good enough to survive. Only bad management and bad luck should relegate us.

Wolv3nsam
06-02-2012, 09:19
The irony of Doyle in the 'free' role is that he seemed to be in the box far more than he is when he plays up front by himself! Stick him there more often!

KiwiWolf
06-02-2012, 09:38
Hopefully Mick will have learnt from this game and play with one winger (Jarvis) and Doyle in a free role, with O'Hara and Frimpong (if he's fit) in CM. No more Stearmans, Berras and Henry's. Get our best footballers on the pitch. With a nucleas of Hennessey, Bassong, O'Hara, Frimpong, Jarvis, Doyle and Fletcher, we should have a team that is comfortably good enough to survive. Only bad management and bad luck should relegate us.

The dilemma here though is that a fit Kightly actually has shown recently that he can be a real assett to the team and this would leave no room for him. Saturday's team selection was, I agree, very strange again and we looked far better when Doyle came on. I think we'd have been far more competitive with him on even wothour Cisse's stupidity TBH.

Pengwern
06-02-2012, 09:47
We played against 10 men with this formation people are getting excited about. In every other game we have to play against 11!

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 10:57

I have watched that several times too on Wolves Player so I should acknowledge that I have given him a blasting on two fronts. One as I think Berra is better. Two I have not rated him as a captain.

So I also acknowledge fair play at how calm he was when Cisse grabbed him twice and whilst he was been jostled by several QPR players. I know I would not have been so calm :D

Also he has improved (apart from the Liverpool game) over the last handful of games. Lets hope that he can step up with Bassong by his side.

Come on the Wolves

Edgmond Wolf
06-02-2012, 10:59
Rightside rightside start the wave

:party:

Well done guys enjoy