PDA

View Full Version : Rallying Cry from Moxey

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 12:51
http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2598869,00.html

Rallying cry from Moxey

“Let’s continue to be positive. Let’s get that spirit right from within so that we help give the team the confidence they need. With that, I am sure we will achieve what we want to achieve over the next 15 games."

“Now is the time, over these last 15 games, to shed any doubt and negativity. Now is the time to have the belief, the positivity and the confidence in the players, to show them we are with them every step.”

StefanWolves
03-02-2012, 12:53
Desperate.

Bostin
03-02-2012, 12:56
What a contrived piece of dross.

FLEET WOLF
03-02-2012, 12:57
Stirring stuff, but he could hardly say we've got 15 games left and neither the team nor the manager knows where the next point is coming from, with the chances of our Black Country rivals putting one of the nails in the coffin next weekend!

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 13:00
Stirring stuff, but he could hardly say we've got 15 games left and neither the team nor the manager knows where the next point is coming from, with the chances of our Black Country rivals putting one of the nails in the coffin next weekend!

Exactly, his last paragraph hits a chord with me

IrchyWolf
03-02-2012, 13:02
He's been in the bunker too long.

GoldForever
im $$$$ing sick of rallying cries, players, Mick, now the board. DO YOUR TALKING ON THE PITCH FFS.

WestChiltingtonwolf
I take it Steve Morgan feels pretty positive too does he Jeff?

Chungster
03-02-2012, 13:04
" The tide has turned! The free men of Wolverhampton (sic.) are marching together to victory!
I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!
Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking."

That's stirring. Jez...empty rhetoric. You see the difference.

Space Wolf
03-02-2012, 13:05
No Churchill is he?

JR WAS KING
03-02-2012, 13:06
Dear Jez, $$$$ off

Gamblingwolf
03-02-2012, 13:11
Desperate.

Maybe but what he says is also right. There has been an awful lot of negativity recently and I at times am as guilty as everyone else of this-at least regarding MM. But there is time to get out of trouble and regardless of what any of us think about the 3 M's this is still our club and one we all care very passionately about. In the past we have been through a very rocky ride yet the majority of the time when are backs are against the wall we have all stood together and shown fantastic support. I will always remember Derby away just after we started life in the old 3rd division after relegation ,we lost 4-2 iirc yet the support was fantastic and maybe it's time we showed the world what fantastic supporters we can be even when it's not going well.

The Wanderer's will never die
We'll keep the gold flag flying high

TonySoprano
03-02-2012, 13:13
$$$$ off you fat $$$$.

Stoke have never looked back since you left, any chance you could do the same at Wolves?

Oxford Wolf
03-02-2012, 13:19
'have confidence in the players'

Yeah ok, they have done plenty to instill confidence haven't they

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 13:20
Maybe but what he says is also right. There has been an awful lot of negativity recently and I at times am as guilty as everyone else of this-at least regarding MM. But there is time to get out of trouble and regardless of what any of us think about the 3 M's this is still our club and one we all care very passionately about. In the past we have been through a very rocky ride yet the majority of the time when are backs are against the wall we have all stood together and shown fantastic support. I will always remember Derby away just after we started life in the old 3rd division after relegation ,we lost 4-2 iirc yet the support was fantastic and maybe it's time we showed the world what fantastic supporters we can be even when it's not going well.

This in spades

Come on the Wolvess

Ginger Chimp
03-02-2012, 13:27
Apparently, there's 15 games left.

Chungster
03-02-2012, 13:36
If he delivered this sort of 'call to arms' on the pitch via a microphone 10 mins before the kick off against Albion, so we could tell whether even a single word of it came from the heart rather than the space between the lines of the blance sheet I might be prepared to listen and respond. It's just another piece of cellophane spin.

And please don't give me any lectures on positivity a couple of weeks after you've put the next phase of your brave new world on ice because you've got the jitters about which division we'll be playing in next season.

Wagstaffe Was Magic
03-02-2012, 13:37
Nothing wrong with it, but you can see what the Club are up against with just a glace at this thread . .

Shergar
03-02-2012, 13:38
'give the players the confidence they need'

FFS! They played with confidence in the first halves of Stoke and Villa.... And then something happened at halftime..... Hmm? Outmanoeuvred on tactics? Poor substitutions? Told to defend? Overall fitness for 90mins?... Aarh give them confidence and McCarthy's halftime drone will mean $$$$ all, right then.

Shergar
03-02-2012, 13:40
Nothing wrong with it, but you can see what the Club are up against with just a glace at this thread . .

Do you play a tambourine in a uniformed band on Sunday mornings?

Ulver
03-02-2012, 13:41
'have confidence in the players'

Yeah ok, they have done plenty to instill confidence haven't they

What, like turn it around from a similar situation last season? I guess not.

MonkeySpanner
03-02-2012, 13:41
It's great isn't it? All this stuff now. Morgan ripping Mick and the players a new place the sun don't shine. Moxey rattling the sabers.

All this should of been done mid December and if nothing changed with results we should of been looking for a new manager and assistant.

Probably too little to late now.

JOSWolf
03-02-2012, 13:44
It seems the club are in overdrive today with all of their positive talk. Lets hope this is replicated with a win tomorrow and the players give the fans something to be positive about or it will look like what it is, hot air!

Burton Wolf
03-02-2012, 13:46
Spin. Does he think we're all daft?

Redditch Wolves
03-02-2012, 13:48
Oh the Molineux PR spin keeps on churning!!

OCD Wolf
03-02-2012, 13:49
I love reading these things, how can he continue to be so patronising and insulting to the fans' intelligence.
Bless him.

JOSWolf
03-02-2012, 13:50
Spin. Does he think we're all daft?

I think he does!

PeteWolf
03-02-2012, 13:51
http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2598869,00.html

Rallying cry from Moxey

“Let’s continue to be positive. Let’s get that spirit right from within so that we help give the team the confidence they need. With that, I am sure we will achieve what we want to achieve over the next 15 games."

“Now is the time, over these last 15 games, to shed any doubt and negativity. Now is the time to have the belief, the positivity and the confidence in the players, to show them we are with them every step.”
Wolves go on to lose 4-0 to Mexico...

Oxford Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:05
What, like turn it around from a similar situation last season? I guess not.

I don't think we were in 'a similar situation last season', maybe purely judged on league position yes, but not with regards to results. Last season we picked up points on a fairly regular basis, I think our longest run without a win was 5 maybe 6 games.

This season we have won 2 games in the last 21 in the league, and it is MM's worst run of games as manager of Wolves. On the current run we have gone 9 league games without a win and the performances do not inspire any kind of confidence that the current manager/team/tactics can turn that run of form around.

So yes, maybe purely on league position it is similar to last season, but the bigger picture is very different.

Seasider
03-02-2012, 14:16
$$$$$$$$ Moxey. Me and mine were at Molineux before you arrived and we'll be there when you've gone...

UTW

O.W.E.I
03-02-2012, 14:18
Dear Jez, $$$$ off

That made me rofpml...

Jungleee
03-02-2012, 14:18
He may as well just book his holiday in Napa now and resign.

Chiswick_Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:20
He's been in the bunker too long.

Exactly. You could keep the grinning, chubfaced idiot away from any photo opportunity when the redevelopment was announced and O'hara and Johnson signed. Yet when the going gets tough Jez has a habit of disappearing!

Space Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:21
Wolves go on to lose 4-0 to Mexico...

:D At least we didn't sign Ron Benson and Tony Hedges.

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:28
Probably helping to poor oil on troubled waters and yes spinning at the same time mind you he does this in every matchday programme!!

SimplyTheWolves
03-02-2012, 14:29
As you can tell by this thread Jez, it's working!

It's difficult for any of us to be positive, but I am, and will remain so unless I see the letter R next to us in the league table, which I believe won't happen. The only time I'm going to be negative is when I apply for a job as one end of a battery!

Sharples
03-02-2012, 14:32
I think this has many things in common with out plight (aside from machines and agents)

Morpheus's Speech - YouTube

Sharples
03-02-2012, 14:33
And here is one from McCarthy...

Mike Bassett Half time teamtalk - YouTube

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:36
I think this has many things in common with out plight (aside from machines and agents)

Morpheus's Speech - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrOkYkXOZoY)

Great one

"We are still here and let them hear we are not afraid"

We shall not, we shall not be moved
Wolves are staying in the Premier League

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:42
Prepare for glory, we will never surrender

"No retreat. No Surrender. That is Spartan law" - 300 - YouTube

Come on the Wolves

goldeneyed
03-02-2012, 14:43
Fine Jez you are right. But why yet again are we in such a big hole of our own making? Why havn't the club been ahead of the game rather than lagging behind as usual. It is amateur stuff and all too predictable including this so-called rallying call by yourself.

Of course your main fear is that if we lose against West Brom at home there will be a complete meltdown at Molineux and possibly violent protests. Fans patience is about to snap once and for all. And who can blame them? As for Molineux Mix if you do occasionally look at it I would avert your eyes till the end of the season if I was you - unless the team actually perform and win at least one of the next two matches.

sedgwolf1980
03-02-2012, 14:43
Jez, you like pork, so suck on my pork sword.

Condescending $$$$ing $$$$$.

spittlep
03-02-2012, 14:47

Most of it from Jez in the transfer market

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:52
Another half time motivational speech

Best team talk ever! - YouTube

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:53
And here is one from McCarthy...

Mike Bassett Half time teamtalk - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4x05Z3MSkQ)

Thats actually really funny :D:D

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:56
Support your team

Lewis Moody's inspirational teamtalk - YouTube

MolineuxMixer
03-02-2012, 15:05
"Your football club needs you"!

Big Saft Kid
03-02-2012, 15:19
I think he must have read about the need for all this motivational guff when he was rebranding himself as a football CEO years ago. Just going through the motions as he's clearly been told to - his master's voice. But it's so transparently content-lite and it just doesn't sound like it comes from a football fan or even from the heart (has he got one?)

Sharples
03-02-2012, 15:21
Thats actually really funny :D:D

If you havent seen the film then watch it. One of the funniest films going, $$$$ take of the GT England era.

Hawkins discuss
03-02-2012, 15:27
I don't think we were in 'a similar situation last season', maybe purely judged on league position yes, but not with regards to results. Last season we picked up points on a fairly regular basis, I think our longest run without a win was 5 maybe 6 games.

This season we have won 2 games in the last 21 in the league, and it is MM's worst run of games as manager of Wolves. On the current run we have gone 9 league games without a win and the performances do not inspire any kind of confidence that the current manager/team/tactics can turn that run of form around.

So yes, maybe purely on league position it is similar to last season, but the bigger picture is very different.

Pld

Vietnam Wolf
03-02-2012, 19:39
I just can't be bothered to read it.

Morgan said last year he didn't want to go though that again - I didn't realise his interpretation of "not gooing through it again" was simply getting relegated four weeks before the season end which his where we're currently headed.

Unfortunately more than just words and encouragment are needed now and more is required in the way of coaching, tactical nous and organization than currently available from the hired help.

If things are left as they are for another month then we'll be needing some help from divine or supernatural quarters.

Metal Wolf89
03-02-2012, 19:45
Typical....

WonderWolf
03-02-2012, 19:50
Give the man a break FFS!

He isn't a 'natural' but he is trying to make a valid point.....what have we to lose other than our PL status?

wallace
03-02-2012, 19:54
we have been doing our bit by paying the going rate for our season tickets, now get it right for us jezzi. he really is a condescending $$$$.
im surprised he didnt work a reference to the early bird offer into his battle cry.

Wagstaffe Was Magic
03-02-2012, 20:07
Give the man a break FFS!

He isn't a 'natural' but he is trying to make a valid point.....what have we to lose other than our PL status?

Agree wholeheartedly with you WonderWolf, but we are wasting our time on here, and i suspect Jezz and the Club feel the same. The mob get the remote control into their hand and just want to change the channel . . . just to change it, without wanting to see anything in particular, just change for change sake. No bigger picture no plan really, no names you will have noticed, just change it . . . ..

luckyjim
03-02-2012, 21:15
Jez must sense he's near the end of the line when he starts raving like the fuhrer in his bunker, albeit with a years supply of pies. Typical of the powers that be to ask for unconditional support when they've taken the fans for granted year after year. Yes, we will support the team, but only for the personal satisfaction it brings us - not to save your fat $$$$.

TREASURE WOLF
03-02-2012, 21:33
I think i could accept this if it came from mick and his players, but a man who's only connection to football is being the same shape as the ball we so frequently give to the opposition it becomes a tad condescending.
lets just hope the good loan signings of bassong and and frimpong cause a ding dong in the dressing room and the rest of the players buck up.

Professional
03-02-2012, 21:58
Jez, we are really getting utterly sick of the sight or sound of you at the moment. You are also patronising and unpleasant. Do your job for God's sake. xxx

JOSWolf
03-02-2012, 22:00
Agree wholeheartedly with you WonderWolf, but we are wasting our time on here, and i suspect Jezz and the Club feel the same. The mob get the remote control into their hand and just want to change the channel . . . just to change it, without wanting to see anything in particular, just change for change sake. No bigger picture no plan really, no names you will have noticed, just change it . . . ..

Deary me!

Boss Hogg
03-02-2012, 22:27
Moxey is just trying to sell more early birds...........

reanswolf
04-02-2012, 06:49
From anyone else at Wolves you could possibly accept it. Its all very well people on here agreeing with Jez and saying the attitude on here typifies what we are up against. Time and time again he has naively tried to spin in a patronising manner, or treated us like fools. You have earn respect.

Andy Grays perm
04-02-2012, 07:42

Negativity? Change for changes sake? A Manager of one of the worlds yes worlds most reknown clubs that:

1- Calls fans Numpties
2- Thinks he is funny by threatening to take people outside
3- Tells Managers and players they can can come and punch it out with me
4-Is now telling the Chairman and owner of the club (who employs him and has given him £40 mill to spend just on transfer fees) what he can and can not to do

Possibly you can get away with that when your Ferguson with a great track record but when your Premier league record with 2 clubs is laughable he is just embarressing himself. Now thats fine we all know he is more suited to the comedy club circuit than football but when he is embarressing our great club i am not suprised people want change and are negative.

Those comments from McCarthy and actions above set a disgraceful example for younger fans. He clearly thinks he is better than the stats show. The solutions simple - some football fans, as we know,are fickle so win games McCarthy rather more often than 2 in 21 and the negativity and calls for change will soon change. Sadly the McCarthy stats after 4/5 years of premiership experience show that 'Biffa Bacon' is unlikely to do that!

PumpKing
04-02-2012, 08:02
I am one of Micks greatest fans and have supported him no matter what.

However, with not so much what he has said about Mr. Morgans` intervention. but more with the way and the tone that he said it, I feel we may have seen the first steps towards the exit door. I know it`s his gruff Yorkshire manner, but I think his comments showed a dangerous lack of respect towards his employer. He tried to give the public the impression that he had left Steve Morgan under no illusion that he should not interfere again, and that Morgan had been given a piece of his straight talking mind.

Sorry Mick, but you do not do that to the bloke who pays your wages unless you have something else lined up. I hope and pray that Mick turns it around and stays, but if he doesn`t I feel he has made it easier for Steve to make his decision now.

Tettenhall Wolf
04-02-2012, 08:06
15 games is just enough time left for our cat to rearrange the squad and keep us up. Sack him now. Never too late!

Gamblingwolf
04-02-2012, 09:21
From anyone else at Wolves you could possibly accept it. Its all very well people on here agreeing with Jez and saying the attitude on here typifies what we are up against. Time and time again he has naively tried to spin in a patronising manner, or treated us like fools. You have earn respect.

SM Does he really want to take us forward and turn us into an established PL club or is he just here for the money he can make-possibly a bit of both

JM Slimy and doesn't appear to give a $$$$ about the fans but does occasionally make a good deal and probably just does his job according to instruction

MM A pig headed dinosaur who thinks he is a good manager but statistics clearly show otherwise yet he has also got us promoted and kept us up for 2 seasons which is more than anyone else achieved in recent times

I am no fan of them but i am not here to support them. I have supported Wolves for many years and despite some dire teams and management that has never faltered. Surely we should rise above the feelings about them and just support the team however difficult that may be at times and leave the inquests until we are either safe or relegated

Essex Wolf
04-02-2012, 09:38
Just a load more meaningless words from one of the Molineux hierarchy.

Action not words Jez.

Shergar
04-02-2012, 10:08

However, with not so much what he has said about Mr. Morgans` intervention. but more with the way and the tone that he said it, I feel we may have seen the first steps towards the exit door. I know it`s his gruff Yorkshire manner, but I think his comments showed a dangerous lack of respect towards his employer. He tried to give the public the impression that he had left Steve Morgan under no illusion that he should not interfere again, and that Morgan had been given a piece of his straight talking mind.

Sorry Mick, but you do not do that to the bloke who pays your wages unless you have something else lined up. I hope and pray that Mick turns it around and stays, but if he doesn`t I feel he has made it easier for Steve to make his decision now.

Agree. Mick's intimation is he is 'the man' , the fact he has quoted as saying that words were had and what was said remains between them.. But he still has to intimate that he has had the last the word that he has put the chairman right, left the chairman under no illusions etc..
It is another example of archaic Mick, I bet he really had to struggle with himself and not call him a numpty and ask him, 'eee Morgan lad, does thee want some fist.. does thee? waart rows, waart rows...'

TonySoprano
04-02-2012, 10:38

Are you for real?! Morgan has no right going into the changing rooms after the game. Serious lack of respect shown to Mccarthy in my opinion.

PumpKing
04-02-2012, 10:48
Are you for real?! Morgan has no right going into the changing rooms after the game. Serious lack of respect shown to Mccarthy in my opinion.

I guess that`s sarcasm eh?

I think you`ll find he owns those changing rooms sunshine. Could you stop him?

Mugwump
04-02-2012, 10:48
Just shut up Mr Moxley you liar. You have let us down this season big time with your pals. Have another pie and be quiet.

Seasider
04-02-2012, 10:53

Find very little to disagree with here...

TonySoprano
04-02-2012, 11:11
I guess that`s sarcasm eh?

I think you`ll find he owns those changing rooms sunshine. Could you stop him?

No flys on you. :eek:

That's rubbish, Morgan isn't there to be telling the players how bad they were, he's supposed to be the chairman not manager. Sounds like an episode of $$$$ing Dream Team. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Mccarthy.

Seriously grinding my gears Morgan is at the minute.

PumpKing
04-02-2012, 11:17
No flys on you. :eek:

That's rubbish, Morgan isn't there to be telling the players how bad they were, he's supposed to be the chairman not manager. Sounds like an episode of $$$$ing Dream Team. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Mccarthy.

Seriously grinding my gears Morgan is at the minute.

We come out and give QPR a thrashing today and you might want him in there after every game.

I know in a perfect world Steve Morgan should be away from the game side of things, but it aint been perfect for a while now and I`m willing to try anything that gets us winning..

Rocky_Balllboa
04-02-2012, 11:20
pie eating $$$$er

Bankswolf II
04-02-2012, 11:44
I love how the players, Mick, Morgan and now Moxey have to come out and calm us fans down like we are a crying toddler in a supermarket

No answers to our questions, no solutions to our problems just a verbal pat on the head and a calm down dear while our rivals continue to improve and go forward this is the blueprint now until relegation

Papper
04-02-2012, 11:51
We have been playing ineffective, percentage football for eighteen months or more and we will continue to play ineffective, percentage football unless McCarthy (or another) changes the way we play. Do the talking on the pitch and keep quiet off it. I'm willing to trust and will remain positive but shallow sentiment is not what we need.

PumpKing
04-02-2012, 11:54
We have been playing ineffective, percentage football for eighteen months or more and we will continue to play ineffective, percentage football unless McCarthy (or another) changes the way we play. Do the talking on the pitch and keep quiet off it. I'm willing to trust and will remain positive but shallow sentiment is not what we need.

This sums it up for me.