PDA

View Full Version : Hammil

mikic
03-02-2012, 11:41
Does anyone know if AH and MM have fallen out? Not even in the squad on tuesday night, and I'd much rather have him coming on as an impact than the lack luster hunt. He hasnt played well since the start of the season for me.

FRAZ-WOLF
03-02-2012, 11:44
Play him on the left in his natural position like against Millwall things can happen. We have mostly used him on the right. Apparently he wants to play more give it until next season he will start every week

JOSWolf
03-02-2012, 11:46
I just dont understand one bit why Hunt gets on the bench ahead of him. Hammill is a far better impact sub than Hunt is.

Paul76
03-02-2012, 11:55
Hunt puts a shift in to put it simply.

Redditch Wolves
Hunt is $$$$ing horrendous in which Hammill should be above him in the pecking order.

Hammill is off when the loan window opens next week for the Championship and lower leagues.

North West Wanderer
He's not taken his chances when given a go. Mick also sees him every day. I accept he offers unpredictability but he's not covering himself in glory.

JOSWolf
03-02-2012, 11:57
He's not taken his chances when given a go. Mick also sees him every day. I accept he offers unpredictability but he's not covering himself in glory.

Far better impact sub than Hunt. Mick also saw Surman every day and now look how well he is doing!

North West Wanderer
03-02-2012, 11:59
Far better impact sub than Hunt. Mick also saw Surman every day and now look how well he is doing!

Ah the benefit of hindsight!!! Not many shed tears when he went so it's a little unfair to use it as a stick.

Plenty of players have been let go only to do well at another club.

Jamesjh89
03-02-2012, 12:02
Mick threw a chair at him then hammill replied by throwing a pie at micks face, all was fine until mick realised it was cheese and onion. Mick only likes steak and kidney

JOSWolf
03-02-2012, 12:03
Ah the benefit of hindsight!!! Not many shed tears when he went so it's a little unfair to use it as a stick.

Plenty of players have been let go only to do well at another club.

True but I do question McCarthys judgement with some of the players in the squad. Far better to have Hammill running at tiring legs than Hunt!

Polish Wolf
03-02-2012, 12:11

Can I have a pair of rose-tinted glasses that you wear? ;)

North West Wanderer
03-02-2012, 12:12
True but I do question McCarthys judgement with some of the players in the squad. Far better to have Hammill running at tiring legs than Hunt!

I agree. But even though my support of Mick is wavering you have to give Mick the benefit of the doubt. He sees these players regularly. We don't.

RichDavi
03-02-2012, 12:13
Have to ask questions of Mick when he continues to use Hunt despite his only real contribution this season being penalties.

He can't play on the right and doesn't have any first touch to speak of. I can't believe Hammill isn't given a chance - he is the only winger who can reliably cross a ball/deliver a dangerous dead ball

Polish Wolf
03-02-2012, 12:19
Hunt is totally out of form, no pace, no touch, can't pass, he looks embarrassing. Hammil on the other hand, while is not a world beater and has to work on some parts of his game (defensive particularly), at least looks like footballer. And he hasn't let anybody down when he played. Mick has lost the plot.

luiandlui
03-02-2012, 12:21
Given the choice I'd have Hammill currently on the bench ahead of Hunt. I do agree he has hardly taken the chances he has been given to make an impact.

mikic
03-02-2012, 12:30
His free kick and general "danger ball" delivery against millwall in the cup was first class. Given we cant put a decent ball into the box nearly as much as we should, he should 100% be on the bench for me

JW
03-02-2012, 12:32
The reason he doesnt quite perform, IMO is that he tries too hard to impres..

Due to not getting a game for a month or so each time, he attempts to take on his man every time, and does too much to try and impress.

If we had taken our chances against Chelsea Hammill would have been praised a lot on here for the great balls he put in during that game.

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 12:35
I agree. But even though my support of Mick is wavering you have to give Mick the benefit of the doubt. He sees these players regularly. We don't.

This

Bostin
03-02-2012, 12:52

What difference does it make what they do in the week? It's what they do on a Saturday that counts. When it comes to games, Hunt is $$$$. Granted, Hammil hasn't been much better in terms of end product, but I don't need to see 5 days of training to know that Hammil>Hunt

shigysan
03-02-2012, 12:55
This

Fair point, still doesn't change the fact that Hunts hardly had a great game all season. I think the best game Hunt had was against Arsenal.

Hammil always looks better coming off the bench. I would even put Forde before Hunt. Hes just not looked right all season.

I wil be forever grateful for what he did last May, but hes times up.

Redditch Wolves
03-02-2012, 12:55
what difference does it make what they do in the week? It's what they do on a saturday that counts. When it comes to games, hunt is $$$$. Granted, hammil hasn't been much better in terms of end product, but i don't need to see 5 days of training to know that hammil>hunt

+1

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 12:57
Fair point, still doesn't change the fact that Hunts hardly had a great game all season. I think the best game Hunt had was against Arsenal.

Hammil always looks better coming off the bench. I would even put Forde before Hunt. Hes just not looked right all season.

I wil be forever grateful for what he did last May, but hes times up.

I do not disagree

For me I would start with Kites and have Hammil on the bench to come on.

GoldForever
03-02-2012, 13:00
Hunt offers $$$$ all, jack $$$$, 1 of the worst footballers ive seen down here.
Hammill on the other hand at least looks like he knows what a football is, better at everything than Hunt, apart from running around like a $$$$ing donkey.

Hammill > Hunt
and i just can't for the life of me work out why he isn't on the bench instead of him.

CannockWolves_Jay
03-02-2012, 13:01
Anthony Ford was in my local the other week. I heard Hammil and Ward had a exchange of words when hammil went in with a rough tackle on ward in training.

And his not going to drop Ward is he :D

FLEET WOLF
03-02-2012, 13:02
Mick threw a chair at him then hammill replied by throwing a pie at micks face, all was fine until mick realised it was cheese and onion. Mick only likes steak and kidney

I expect Moxey frantically picked up the cheese and onion though!

GoldForever
03-02-2012, 13:03
Anthony Ford was in my local the other week. I heard Hammil and Ward had a exchange of words when hammil went in with a rough tackle on ward in training.

And his not going to drop Ward is he :D

This is true.
But Hammill has started, and came off the bench since then, so why has he disappeared now?

CannockWolves_Jay
03-02-2012, 13:11
This is true.
But Hammill has started, and came off the bench since then, so why has he disappeared now?

I think we need to ask our selves... Would you tell Hunt he is not playing?

:D