PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bruce.

Professional
02-02-2012, 23:05
Definitely worth a bet for Managers job- either by Easter or end of season on most of the main betting sigthts. Gathering momomentum now. Worth a cheeky fiver for sure. I will speculate my hard earnings on a 20 bet. Could be in the money soon?!!

The Weasel
02-02-2012, 23:07
Well it would have to be Bruce or Warnock (unless TC does a fantastic job as caretaker)...

Wolv3nsam
02-02-2012, 23:11
Not too sure what I'd make of his appointment. Did a good job at Birmingham and Wigan but was a bit indifferent at Sunderland.

Jamesjh89
02-02-2012, 23:15
Hes got a big fat head

ice cream head
02-02-2012, 23:20
He's probably the best of the rest atm. Did well at Wigan in particular and isn't afraid to utilize the foreign market. Lets not forget he bought in Valencia, Cattermole, Rodeaga (sp) Zaki (who was a good player if a bit insane) and Nzogbia. During his tenure there, Wigan finished 11th and 14th. Not bad at all.

RichDavi
02-02-2012, 23:25
Even though he was turd at trying to get Sunderland up the table he did a fine job of keeping them in the Premier League. Got Sessengon as well so has a good eye in the foreign market

sillytuna
02-02-2012, 23:28
No way.

He frittered away money at Sunderland and was heavily criticised for his out of date techniques.

Warnock is no better than mick. Both great championship managers but limited in the prem. neither are able to move a club forwards in the long term from the bottom up.

If wolves are thinking long term, which they clearly do, if we replace Mick we need a club builder - someone who builds for the future. Techniques, technology, coaching, youth playes, etc.

singaporewolves
03-02-2012, 00:25
Bring back Graham Taylor !

Monkey Man
03-02-2012, 00:30
He'll be manager by end of April.

those were the days
03-02-2012, 01:03
Definitely worth a bet for Managers job- either by Easter or end of season on most of the main betting sigthts. Gathering momomentum now. Worth a cheeky fiver for sure. I will speculate my hard earnings on a 20 bet. Could be in the money soon?!!

I`d save your mone buddyy. Personally, I think you`d have to be insane to employ Steve Bruce. If he is appointed you may want to put some cash on the chairman being out oF their job within three years...

I`d estimate between one half and two-thirds of managers don`t deserve their jobs and Bruce is a prime example of this..

MonkeySpanner
03-02-2012, 02:09
We already have o e fat head at the club, we don't need another.

Barnet Wolves
03-02-2012, 02:13
I'd rather have Jeurgen Klinsmann. The US Job is pretty much part time

Woodsetton Wolf
03-02-2012, 07:08
Oh please no hate what's going on at our club at the moment everything is turd!

cannockwolves
03-02-2012, 07:45
It would be madness to replace one tactically limited clog merchant with another in the same mould.

There is no way I would want Bruce, to be honest I still think Mick deserves to see the season out. The time to change him was November not with 15 games to go.

I do beleive if we lose the next two the presure would be enormous and Morgan may act, but I think Mick needs four points from these two at least.

crasm98
03-02-2012, 08:03
Not sure Bruce is the right man to replace MM if he was to go. There aint really any good managers out there at the moment. Only good ones are already in a job, such as big sam, etc. Keep the faith and I am sure the players and MM will turn it around

Danwolf
03-02-2012, 08:33
IMO there would be no point sacking MM if you're going to replace him with Bruce. I dont think we'd be any better off.

The Klinsmann shout above is a great one - however, I dont think we could persuade him to swap his US home for one in Wolverhampton!

freezin
03-02-2012, 08:46
I woud rather have my my mouth wedged open and be force fed excrement than have Steve 'Bea Smith, old lesbian head Bruce as manager.

Hes as equally pathetic as David (my babies) O'Dreary.

Track his career. The loyalty hes shown Those clubs who hes left as soon as a bigger opportunity comes along. Then the inevitable wobbly patch at the bigger clubswhen hes not far from the bullet he pops out with the "chairmen need to show loyalty to managers"

I $$$$ing hate this $$$$.

I hope the morgan Liverpool / man utd rivalry mean this is a non starter

OCD Wolf
03-02-2012, 08:50
Would love to see Ole Gunnar Solskjaer given the Wolves job (at the end of the season) Why can't we take a punt on a new, 'young and hungry', fresh, manager with new ideas for a change??
Why do we always have to take on managers with 'baggage?'

Whirligig Wolf
03-02-2012, 09:15
A young manager with new fresh ideas is the way forward when Mick leaves.

Steve Bruce is emphatically not that fellow as is reported in this revealing article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

JOSWolf
03-02-2012, 09:30
Would love to see Ole Gunnar Solskjaer given the Wolves job (at the end of the season) Why can't we take a punt on a new, 'young and hungry', fresh, manager with new ideas for a change??
Why do we always have to take on managers with 'baggage?'

I fully agree but I would like to see a new manager here now ideally.

FRAZ-WOLF
03-02-2012, 09:33
Gus Poyet

North West Wanderer
03-02-2012, 09:39
There's no outstanding names and that's why I expect Mick to stay for now.

Bruce isn't for me at all. Outdated principles and signs too much dross.

Ole would be my dream manager but he's destined to replace Ferguson

oldgolded
03-02-2012, 10:05
Never rated him as a manager. Would be an incredibly unimaginative appointment.

Mugwump
03-02-2012, 10:20
Bruce would be fantastic for us. Also, if we are looking for a manager with experience then i think Terry Venables would do a great job. We shouldnt rule out some of these older managers.

sillytuna
03-02-2012, 10:28
Mugwump, I do hope you're being sarcastic!

Either that or you're insane.

Wandsworth Wolf
03-02-2012, 10:30
A young manager with new fresh ideas is the way forward when Mick leaves.

Steve Bruce is emphatically not that fellow as is reported in this revealing article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

I remember reading this at the time.

Bruce is emphatically the wrong choice for us -wrong, wrong, wrong.

We need a younger, progressive and forward thinking manager to take us forward.

Mugwump
03-02-2012, 10:32
Mugwump, I do hope you're being sarcastic!

Either that or you're insane.

Bruce has done well at all the clubs he has been at apart from this season at Sunderland. Venables has always been a progressive thinker and he would get the team playing the ball on the deck. Either would be a good option imo.

North West Wanderer
03-02-2012, 10:34
Venables isn't a viable option he's a football dinosaur

For all those anti Mick for a while God help you when Bruce is in

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 10:36

Lets hope Micks gets the most out of the young lads and gets enough points out of the fifteen cup finals left to save our season.

If he does this then I hope he stays

Jamesjh89
03-02-2012, 10:42
I spotted jose mourinho in the mander centre poundshop, dead cert to be on his way to the molineux after he gets his 2 coca colas for 1

Oldgold Wolfcub
03-02-2012, 10:45

So if they did bring in Steve Bruce would you become an anti Bruce campaigner?:D

Oldgold Wolfcub
03-02-2012, 10:49
Congratulations you win the star prize for spelling this without an 'a'.:D
Thankyou.

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 10:49
So if they did bring in Steve Bruce would you become an anti Bruce campaigner?:D

Lets start now...

Steve Bruce got a big fat head.....:D

bod101
03-02-2012, 10:51

venables? why do people always go back to him, he's awful i've never understood the love for him.

bruce, warnock et al - football has moved on. fresh ideas are needed.

but then what will appease the crowd? in my opinion a manager who plays high tempo direct (not long ball) attacking football or at least something approaching that.

dingle01902
03-02-2012, 10:55
Im not going into sources, but a year ago somebody I know connected to the club told me outright that Terry Connor is like a Cancer at the club. His attitude to people is atrocious, and his demeanour is like Johnny Big Balls!! Whatever happens to MM I would surgically remove him and anything to do with him without delay.

PumpKing
03-02-2012, 10:58
venables? why do people always go back to him, he's awful i've never understood the love for him.

but then what will appease the crowd? in my opinion a manager who plays high tempo direct (not long ball) attacking football or at least something approaching that.

Well it`s an easy choice then..............so, er, sorry, who was it again?

North West Wanderer
03-02-2012, 11:01

Not at all. I imagine some of you lot would be anti-whoever

Mugwump
03-02-2012, 11:41
Maybe not as the manager, but somebody like Venables or Ron Atkinson working alongside somebody like Ince or even Craddock if he wanted the job might work well.

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 11:42
Personally I would keep Mick and bring in some high quality coaching staff

Chungster
03-02-2012, 12:12
If I sat down, racked my brains from now until.....well, the end of time possibly, I don't think I could come up with a choice of potential new manager worse than Steve Bruce. He is EVERYTHING we don't need and the only thing he could possibly be said to have in his favour is that he's available.

Big Mack
03-02-2012, 12:17
The way I see it, and I don't necessarily agree, is that the board will keep Mick until at least the end of the season. If we go down he has proven that he can get us up so they will keep him (handily forgetting the major slump we had in our promotion season). If we stay up, they will have a major decision to make. Personally, I'd wave him goodbye if we stay up and get someone more progressive in. That person is not Steve Bruce.

Chungster
03-02-2012, 12:20
Sorry, I've changed my mind.

If I sat down, racked my brains from now until.....well, the end of time possibly, I don't think I could come up with a choice of TWO potential new managers worse than Steve Bruce and Neil Warnock. They are EVERYTHING we don't need and the only thing they could possibly be said to have in their favour is that they are available.

North West Wanderer
03-02-2012, 12:26
Maybe not as the manager, but somebody like Venables or Ron Atkinson working alongside somebody like Ince or even Craddock if he wanted the job might work well.

Mate Craddock will never do it.

FRAZ-WOLF
03-02-2012, 12:31
Shame Craddock could play until he is 40 easy, he is more interested in his art life now

Moira Stewart
03-02-2012, 12:32
Surprised no-one has mentioned Curbishley, did a terrific job on a similar budget to ours at Charlton and whilst it didn't exactly work out at West Ham he certainly did a lot better than any of his predecessors.

Big Saft Kid
03-02-2012, 12:38
Personally I would keep Mick and bring in some high quality coaching staff

I doubt whether he would listen to them if they suggested a different way of playing, which is what is needed to go along with teaching the team how to pass, how to move, how to trap, how to shoot. I don't think he has the kind of personality that would take advice on football matters if that advice went against his football principles.

North West Wanderer
03-02-2012, 12:57
Surprised no-one has mentioned Curbishley, did a terrific job on a similar budget to ours at Charlton and whilst it didn't exactly work out at West Ham he certainly did a lot better than any of his predecessors.

Hasn't managed in how long?

Paul76
03-02-2012, 13:04
Hasn't managed in how long?

Kenny Dalgish.

North West Wanderer
03-02-2012, 13:11
Kenny Dalgish.

Your point being?

He is a Liverpool legend

Taffywolf
03-02-2012, 13:11
Lee Clark, Gus Poyet would both be fine by me. I think its fair to say we couldnt attract Lambert or Rogers so someone like them or Malky Mackay

Hoganstolemywife
03-02-2012, 13:14
I'd rather have Fiona Bruce.

KiwiWolf
03-02-2012, 13:14

Don't you just love it when someone rejects everyone elses suggestions and then comes up with............... oh yes that's right, no other alternative! Sorry but that's just plain lazy!

KiwiWolf
03-02-2012, 13:18

I bet you would! :D

DurhamWolf
03-02-2012, 15:25
Funilly enough I have this morning been with a builder client who has recently finished work on some alterations to the place Bruce was living up here in the North East. He finished 100k of work the week before Bruce was sacked!

He's meeting Bruce on Monday to settle his account and sort a few snags out as Bruce is moving next week back to his 'family' home which he has kept on in Birmingham area. Ideally he's looking to work back in the Midlands again next.

spittlep
03-02-2012, 16:26
Lets hope Micks gets the most out of the young lads and gets enough points out of the fifteen cup finals left to save our season.

If he does this then I hope he stays

Lets $$$$ing hope NOT

O.W.E.I
03-02-2012, 16:30

So would I!

Ontario Wolf
03-02-2012, 16:53
O'Neill's 19 points from 9 games is really making Bruce's management record look bad... we should steer clear at any cost in my opinion.

FLEET WOLF
03-02-2012, 16:59
So would I!

And me!

Probably Steve Bruce/Warnock are no better than Mick, in all honesty, so there is an argument to say better the devil you know!

There would be a clear temptation to keep him if we go down, because he might be able to get us straight back up-however, we are likely to lose a lot of our best players and it may depend on how much of that money is given to spend.

There is also a temptation to keep him if we stay up of course. If that happens, I hope Morgan reconsiders the priorities at the Club also reconsiders, to an extent, the wage/transfer budget structure.

I am a Mick supporter, but my head says that really it has all gone a bit stale, so, on balance, I would probably get rid of him, whether we are relegated or not. That may of course depend on how we finish the season-if he turns it round so that we are safe with a game or two to go (!), with lots of good wins and playing well, then it is a difficult one!

Paul76
03-02-2012, 17:07
I'm not overly keen on Bruce, but I think he's better than Mick.

He's got a lot of experience in the Premier league and he's pretty good in the transfer market. I was very impressed with him whilst he was at Wigan.

Struggled at Sunderland, was sacked far too prematurely though.

OoohRobbieRobbie
03-02-2012, 17:19
I would be devestated if we got Steve Bruce in personally, or WarnCock for that matter. I'd rather Poyet over those two, but I still have my reservations about him. I genuinely think we should get a foreign manager with good player links, continental flair, a decent track record at a decent level, who installs a passing-possession ethos into their clubs. Co Adriaanse is the best shout I've heard so far, I'd be very happy with that. Dick Advocaat is at Russia but I'd love us to try and temp him here. Rafa would not come, nor would we entertain the idea - love him or hate him, he'd attract names and his teams play very good football, proven good football. Mind you, I can say all I want about bringing in a foreign manager with the intent to add a spark to Wolves, that's probably far too ambitious or 'risky' in the clubs eyes.

SimplyTheWolves
03-02-2012, 17:26
I would be devestated if we got Steve Bruce in personally, or WarnCock for that matter. I'd rather Poyet over those two, but I still have my reservations about him. I genuinely think we should get a foreign manager with good player links, continental flair, a decent track record at a decent level, who installs a passing-possession ethos into their clubs. Co Adriaanse is the best shout I've heard so far, I'd be very happy with that. Dick Advocaat is at Russia but I'd love us to try and temp him here. Rafa would not come, nor would we entertain the idea - love him or hate him, he'd attract names and his teams play very good football, proven good football. Mind you, I can say all I want about bringing in a foreign manager with the intent to add a spark to Wolves, that's probably far too ambitious or 'risky' in the clubs eyes.

I don't disagree with you OoohRobbieRobbie, good post.

nobull
03-02-2012, 17:39
A big no from me for Steve Bruce.

Ontario Wolf
03-02-2012, 18:01

I would agree with that if by 'foreign' you include Scottish... they seem to do well in the English leagues, there must be something about their inherent character or discipline that leads them to excel as coaches.

OoohRobbieRobbie
03-02-2012, 18:03
I'd happily have that Ontario, the prospect of a Moyes / Lambert / Ferguson - type character would delight me! (Immediately exclude Strachan from the list though!)

Michellis
03-02-2012, 18:12
Nonsense. Mick's going nowhere.

Ashley
03-02-2012, 18:13

Oh my god! That post is a contender for most ridiculous post of the year!

Ashley
03-02-2012, 18:15
Bruce will be at Leeds by end Of next week

WonderWolf
03-02-2012, 19:28
I don't want Bruce.

Oldgold Wolfcub
03-02-2012, 19:33
Oh my god! That post is a contender for most ridiculous post of the year!
Forgive them Mugwump for they not know their sins.:withstupid::nurse:

Metal Wolf89
03-02-2012, 20:36

Mourinho?

:wavey:

GigaWolf
03-02-2012, 20:42
Well i stand by for a virtual slapping but...... what about Stevie Bull?

I know he bummed at Stafford Rangers but his beloved Wolves should be a different prospect surely.

Or is he a bit too closely linked to the club

Ginger Chimp
03-02-2012, 20:45
Slap. Slap. Slap, slap, slap.

SLAP.

Vietnam Wolf
03-02-2012, 21:06
Bruce Forsyth - annoying national treasure
Bruce Willis - american all action bloke in films
Fiona Bruce - ex newsreader - not too shabby
Jack Bruce - good musicain ex Cream / Bluesbreakers
Steve Bull - ex footballer
Andy Mutch - ex fotballer
Stephen Bruce Mutch - ex Australian Politician
Steve Bruce - fat unsuccessful football manager recently sacked for incompetence

Tring Wolf
03-02-2012, 21:10
So ideally we're looking for someone whose teams play a possession-based passing game, has experience at managing at the top level and a reputation for being flexible with systems and tactics...

...just what is Glenn Hoddle up to these days?

ginboomerang
03-02-2012, 21:24
Nigel Adkins.

Lupo
03-02-2012, 21:27

...can't believe you passed up the chance to suggest a new Austrian player-manager!

ladywolf
03-02-2012, 21:28
Almost crashed the car this morning! I was driving along when Terry Connor and Mick drove past in a nice new car (TC must have been giving Mick a lift in) they looked as miserable as sin! They won't be going anywhere for the moment i don't think.

Back on point i don't think i'd like Bruce here! I quite like Chris Hughton, don't know if he'd be right for Wolves though.

Lupo
03-02-2012, 21:29
Bruce Forsyth - annoying national treasure
Bruce Willis - american all action bloke in films
Fiona Bruce - ex newsreader - not too shabby
Jack Bruce - good musicain ex Cream / Bluesbreakers
Steve Bull - ex footballer
Andy Mutch - ex fotballer
Stephen Bruce Mutch - ex Australian Politician
Steve Bruce - fat unsuccessful football manager recently sacked for incompetence

Robert the Bruce - watched a spider do the same thing repeatedly until it achieved success and then did something about it
Mick the Bruce - watched a donkey-crab do the same thing repeatedly without success and then didn't do something about it.

freezin
03-02-2012, 22:01
Bruce will be at Leeds by end Of next week
Lee Clarke... ive heard his response to being linked... put your gonads on it... but not mine!

kennyB
03-02-2012, 22:30
Hughton to Wolves, Bruce to Brum. Sound any better?

Professional
03-02-2012, 22:52
Congratulations you win the star prize for spelling this without an 'a'.:D
Thankyou.
Sorry mate. Had been out for a meal and had consumed a lot of Pinot Grigio. Criticism accepted :rolleyes:.

Oldgold Wolfcub
03-02-2012, 23:03
Sorry mate. Had been out for a meal and had consumed a lot of Pinot Grigio. Criticism accepted :rolleyes:.
No criticism of you - you got it right. I dont know why it should but it $$$$es me off when I see people spell it definate. Its not even that I am a good speller myself.
Hope the meal was good aswell as the liquid refreshment.

Mugwump
03-02-2012, 23:05
Forgive them Mugwump for they not know their sins.:withstupid::nurse:

I knew somebody would bite sooner or later :D

...can't believe you passed up the chance to suggest a new Austrian player-manager!

I thought about it....i seriously did !!

PREM.L.L
03-02-2012, 23:11
Bruce? No.

What's our fated saviour Stuart Baxter doing these days?

SourCream&OnionUtd
03-02-2012, 23:20
Nigel Adkins.

Surprised we haven't seen that name bandied about more on here.

Metal Wolf89
03-02-2012, 23:25
I would rather cut my balls off with a spoon than see Steve Bruce here.

freezin
03-02-2012, 23:37

Its right... that was the point, relax, enjoy the pinot... everything will be fine.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
04-02-2012, 00:03
id rather have bruce almighty than the fat head that is steve bruce

cooper_J
04-02-2012, 03:56
He really is an appalling manager: "I'm not really into tactics." No great surprise there.

I might well get destroyed for this but I honestly (and I'm not saying this to provoke a reaction, only to emphasise my destain for Bruce) would rather Terry Connor get the job.

I read a great article about Bruce a couple of days ago, definitely worth a read. For me, it sums him up:

http://www.football365.com/faves/7473123/showing-up-Steve-Bruce

Mugwump
04-02-2012, 04:12
We have a squad of battlers really and i was thinking which manager currently out of a job could get them playing. Imo Joe Kinnear is the man for us. Gets the best out of players and did fantastically at Wimbledon against all the odds. Just what we need.

cooper_J
04-02-2012, 04:39
We have a squad of battlers really and i was thinking which manager currently out of a job could get them playing. Imo Joe Kinnear is the man for us. Gets the best out of players and did fantastically at Wimbledon against all the odds. Just what we need.

Yesterday's man.

Any forward thinking supporter would know Egil Olsen is the answer.

MonkeySpanner
04-02-2012, 05:43
This thread is getting embarassing. Please mods close it.

GoldenHorseshoe
04-02-2012, 06:48
A b m

Ashley
04-02-2012, 07:27
I knew somebody would bite sooner or later :D

I thought about it....i seriously did !!

And I did! You got me hook line and sinker :)

Mugwump
04-02-2012, 07:59
and i did! You got me hook line and sinker :)

:p

OoohRobbieRobbie
04-02-2012, 10:26

:D With Howard Wilkinson as his number two? Dreamland.

Mugwump
04-02-2012, 11:07
Kinnear did better than Mick in the premier league.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
04-02-2012, 11:24
Kinnear did better than Mick in the premier league.

Roy Kinear could do better at the moment

PENNWOLF
04-02-2012, 11:33
Keegan................????

PENNWOLF
04-02-2012, 11:36
Worth a shout dont you think guys?? We would still concede our usual 2/3 goals a game but would score 4!!!!!!!!!

mexy
04-02-2012, 11:57
id rather put clipboard in charge than steve bruce!!!

northnorfolkwolf
04-02-2012, 14:53
With MON and Hughes off the scene Morgan had no realistic option to replace MM - he has now - Steve Bruce, whatever we may think of him. Lose today, esp if it's a bad defeat and Morgan will bring in Bruce prior to the Albion game.

Professional
17-02-2012, 14:52
I am still not sure that if I won the bet I put on at 7/1, I would be pleased or not? Still would prefer Curbs than 160 back.

Poole Wolf
17-02-2012, 15:43
Bruce in = One previous Premier failure replaced by another who has failed previously.

Well at least they would be consistent.

Hoganstolemywife
17-02-2012, 15:46
I wouldn't say Bruce was a failure at all.

Had his time at Wigan and Sunderland been reversed, we'd be absolutely chomping at the bit to get him in.

One poor season does not a bad manager make.

Still want Curbs though.

wolf97
17-02-2012, 15:49
I will feel really sorry for Curbs if we don't appoint him. IMO this is probably his last chance at Premier League management.

As for Bruce. I. DO. NOT. WANT. HIM. HERE.

PeteWolf
17-02-2012, 15:54
Super, super Steve,
Super, super Steve,
Super, super Steve,
Super Stevie Brucie.

Sharples
17-02-2012, 15:54
Steve Bruce has managed 7 clubs in 13 years...

PeteWolf
17-02-2012, 15:59
Steve Bruce has managed 7 clubs in 13 years...
And has a damn site better record than Mick.

Upgrade.

wolf97
17-02-2012, 16:00
Bruce is not loyal at all. Say if he come here and got an offer from, say, Stoke (random I know), he'd jump ship without a second's thought. Curbs, on the other hand, is reported to want to stay here and build us into a top half team. That is loyalty. Plus, he was at Charlton for 15 years.

Tarcisio Mifsud
17-02-2012, 16:01
This is the last man I want to see as Wolves Manager. Inspite of the millions spent at Sunderland, his team was always around the relegation places, then comes O'Neil with the same players, and Sunderland move to the top half of the table.

I would like to see Cush. as Wolves Manager.

thisisgil
17-02-2012, 16:13
Super, super Steve,
Super, super Steve,
Super, super Steve,
Super Stevie Brucie.

I guarantee that if we appoint Bruce on Monday, our relegation odds will shorten.

greco wolf
17-02-2012, 16:16
I guarantee that if we appoint Bruce on Monday, our relegation odds will shorten.

Has a great record with Palace though - 61% win rate :)

wolf97
17-02-2012, 16:17
Has a great record with Palace though - 61% win rate :)

He was only there for six months!

greco wolf
17-02-2012, 16:19
He was only there for six months!

I know 18 games - it was a humour attempt :)

welshy
17-02-2012, 16:22
Does steve bruce have any kids ?

If so what are their names ? i wanna google them and put twitter at the end of it.

Hoganstolemywife
17-02-2012, 16:27
This is the last man I want to see as Wolves Manager. Inspite of the millions spent at Sunderland, his team was always around the relegation places, then comes O'Neil with the same players, and Sunderland move to the top half of the table.

I would like to see Cush. as Wolves Manager.

I too don't particularly want him here...but I think he ended up having made a profit at Sunderland.

ev123uk
17-02-2012, 16:34
Does steve bruce have any kids ?

If so what are their names ? i wanna google them and put twitter at the end of it.

Alex plays for Leeds and is on twitter, maybe laying low after collymore altercation last night

Wolv3nsam
17-02-2012, 16:41
And has a damn site better record than Mick.

Upgrade.

That's the way I'm looking at it, too - even though he is not our preferred choice (or the preferred choice of the majority, rather) he really does have a much better record than Mick in this league and got Birmingham promoted - twice. As long as he doesn't try and spunk money here and replace our entire first eleven in the summer...

johnybig32
17-02-2012, 16:43
WHy has this been dragged back up?

thisisgil
17-02-2012, 16:45

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrBpHMKnS2KnO4BSPiQB2yYOoHGg2tM h0_-pppZ8Ay4vuy3AM_

welshy
17-02-2012, 16:47
Alex plays for Leeds and is on twitter, maybe laying low after collymore altercation last night

What was said ?

Edgmond Wolf
17-02-2012, 16:58

Beats me??

ev123uk
17-02-2012, 17:06
What was said ?

He accused stan of being mentally weak....cue tirade from stan bout being crap player living off his dad

WonderWolf
17-02-2012, 17:14

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17074261

johnybig32
17-02-2012, 17:16
There is/was/going to be another 16 thread/s on Bruce.

Mutchy
17-02-2012, 17:23
Chill a bit johnny.... better this one used again than a new one started.

Sharples
17-02-2012, 17:26
there is/was/going to be another 16 thread/s on bruce.

omg!!

johnybig32
17-02-2012, 17:26
My eyes must be playing me up then mutchy because I can see another Bruce thread.

GOING FOR A BEER>

nobull
17-02-2012, 19:15
How will Bruce manage as we wont pay the wages and he therefore wont be able to get the "tools" he needs to do a job. We lost out on Dann because we couldnt match the late offer made by Blues.

Interesting times ahead, my worst memory is that the last people to sing Micks name were the fans taking the $$$$ out of us last sunday.

wwfc9
17-02-2012, 19:21
If we end up with Bruce the club will get two final words off me $$$$ you !!!!!

Essex Wolf
17-02-2012, 19:26
If we end up with Bruce the club will get two final words off me $$$$ you !!!!!

And that is a very sad state of affairs but one I fully understand.

As I've said elsewhere Morgan and Moxey have to be very careful who they appoint. Make a mess of things to add to the disaster that has been this season to date and the fans could turn away.

Wolv3nsam
17-02-2012, 19:28
He still has a significantly better record than Mick, a whole 10% more wins IIRC. So it is an improvement whichever way you look at it. I would much rather have Curbishley and feel if we get Bruce we may stick with the same footballing philosophies we have at the moment - but he can't have fluked his entire career could he? He certainly got the best out of Sunderland last season, and what's not to say Fletcher couldn't be our own Darren Bent. I'm warming to him, probably because I can picture him in our tracksuit in the dugout to be honest...

manc_wolf
17-02-2012, 19:42
How will Bruce manage as we wont pay the wages and he therefore wont be able to get the "tools" he needs to do a job. We lost out on Dann because we couldnt match the late offer made by Blues.

Interesting times ahead, my worst memory is that the last people to sing Micks name were the fans taking the $$$$ out of us last sunday.

And remind me - where are Blues now again?

Monkey Man
17-02-2012, 19:49
I'd rather Bruce than curbs.

There. I've said it.

But in reality I don't want any of the ones we know have been interviewed. And given the club would have to approach a club for a manager in work which we'd then know about we can safely say we are going to appoint someone out of work. Such ambition Wolves, such ambition.

As others have said I do really wonder if the 2Ms and the rest of the board actually watch football or just work in it.

Wolv3nsam
17-02-2012, 19:55
Asked a Blues fan and he reckons he's a good manager but his style is 'very defensive' and he isn't very loyal at all! Couldn't speak highly enough of Hughton though.

wolf97
17-02-2012, 20:21
And remind me - where are Blues now again?

About to swap divisions with us.

cooper_J
17-02-2012, 20:23
IMO there would be no point sacking MM if you're going to replace him with Bruce. I dont think we'd be any better off!

Absolutely.

Half a step forward, 8 steps back.

ev123uk
17-02-2012, 20:34
We are where we are whatever you think of the timing. I didn't speak to anyone in the aftermath of last Sunday who could defend Mick. In these set of circumstances, Bruce til the end of the season maybe the best on offer and we need to start getting used to that if we want any hope of staying up.

Bugsy911
17-02-2012, 21:54
As much as I think it was right to sack Mick after what had been constant bad results, poor team selections , bizzare tactics and rank bad luck I cannot even begin to understand why we would be looking at Bruce.

If Bruce is what we end up with I would rather have kept Mick , hindsight is a wonderful thing and what some of us including me wished for will more than likely be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Fan in Vogelsang
18-02-2012, 07:43
Things must be desperate when Bruce is even being interviewed! How posters on here would be happy with his appointment beggars belief! Look at the Sunderland situation and what Martin O'Neill has achieved with the same players!
The thought of seeing his appointment being announced on Monday doesn't bear thinking about!