PDA

View Full Version : Squad Submitted

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 14:40
http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2597014,00.html

Wolves submit new squad for the final 15 games together with squad numbers....

Burton Wolf
02-02-2012, 14:49
So we still had a place left. Why not keep one of the players that left ffs it beggars belief sometimes.

Bostin
02-02-2012, 14:51
Vokes and Gued out, Bassong and Eggbert in. You can pretty much add Kightly and Foley to that too.

Frimpong is under 21 so isn't included.

Ulver
02-02-2012, 14:51
So we still had a place left. Why not keep one of the players that left ffs it beggars belief sometimes.

Oh yes those key players we let go... However will we cope?

Burton Wolf
02-02-2012, 14:54

What are you trying to say? All MM signings are $$$$e. $$$$ me you're right :D

Bostin
02-02-2012, 14:55

To be fair, we'd have been better off keeping Vokes as a target man option.

Sandwell Wolf
02-02-2012, 14:56
GK: Hennessey, de Vries, Ikeme
RB: Foley, Zubar, Stearman
CB: Johnson, Berra, Bassong, Craddock
LB: Ward, Elokobi
CM: Henry, Jonsson, O'Hara, Milijas, Edwards
LW: Jarvis, Hunt
RW: Kightly, Hammill
ST: Fletcher, Doyle, Ebanks-Blake

Add Frimpong to that list who doesn't qualify as he is under 21. No reason we can't stay up with that group of players.

Come on Wolves we can do it lads.

shigysan
02-02-2012, 14:58
Seems silly not to have the full 25. should have kept one of them back. I think Vokes would have been a better option than are current alternatives. Shame. Gud deserved a chance too. A

least we didn't sign more sub standard players.

IrchyWolf
02-02-2012, 14:59
In a Panglossian sense I'd have liked just one more super, classy, central midfielder. Ah Well. Noses back to the grindstones..

Burton Wolf
02-02-2012, 14:59

Add Frimpong to that list who doesn't qualify as he is under 21. No reason we can't stay up with that group of players.

Let's see them keep a clean sheet first. After that maybe we could win a match again?

Burton Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:00
Seems silly not to have the full 25. should have kept one of them back. I think Vokes would have been a better option than are current alternatives. Shame. Gud deserved a chance too. A

least we didn't sign more sub standard players.

More being the word there. We've got enough already!

Berlin Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:03

Don't worry Burton, we've got Eggy to spread anywhere on the pitch.:D

Burton Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:04
Don't worry Burton, we've got Eggy to spread anywhere on the pitch.:D

Eggy bread. Lovely.

WalsallWolf
02-02-2012, 15:12
When you look at the squad I think it is fair to say we will definatly be lining up in a 451/4231 formation, which is very good news IMO.

Berlin Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:13
Eggy bread. Lovely.

E for B and Eggy Bread!

Jalwolf
02-02-2012, 15:17
Maybe the idea with keeping 1 place free was because we we're trying to get another player in at the last minute. Also it's a good idea to keep 1 place free. Just in case we need an emergency loan later in the season (if this is an option).

Bostin
02-02-2012, 15:18
An egg and a pong in the middle. No wonder we stink :rolleyes:

arctic rime
02-02-2012, 15:18
Where's the foth ?

FLEET WOLF
02-02-2012, 15:26
Where's the foth ?

Beat me to it!

Bostin
02-02-2012, 15:35
Free agent, so we can sign him anytime

Dewsburywolf
02-02-2012, 15:42
Asked it on a thread yesterday & got no response so I'll ask it again - who's available free agent wise? And I don't mean Fother $$$$ing ham

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:43
asked it on a thread yesterday & got no response so i'll ask it again - who's available free agent wise? And i don't mean fother $$$$ing ham

:d

Paul76
02-02-2012, 16:02
Agreed. We should have kept Keogh.

JOSWolf
02-02-2012, 16:27
Get Hleb in. Hes a free agent and would give us some much needed creativity.

Sedgley Gold N Black
02-02-2012, 16:38
It's definately missing a ST- Maynard anyone?
Missing Cover for JOH- needed an improvement on Edwards or Eggy
Despite how well Craddock has played over the last few seasons he needed replacing IMO, I think it's a season too far for him now and he's starting to pick up injuries alot more. - A CB who could cover LB Ridgewell?

3 signings would have made that Squad a hell of alot stronger, I think it has enough to get us over the line if the best XI stay fit for most of the season. Wouldn't have cost much over 6m the three signings; the two I've mentioned both were available and both well within our reach & would have cost under 4m combined!

haden-wolf
02-02-2012, 16:52
You get the feeling that Mick wasn't trusted with more than loan deals?

I'm not counting the 'one for the future from Scotland' who isn't as good as the algerian version we loaned out

StefanWolves
02-02-2012, 16:53
It's definately missing a ST- Maynard anyone?
Missing Cover for JOH- needed an improvement on Edwards or Eggy
Despite how well Craddock has played over the last few seasons he needed replacing IMO, I think it's a season too far for him now and he's starting to pick up injuries alot more. - A CB who could cover LB Ridgewell?

3 signings would have made that Squad a hell of alot stronger, I think it has enough to get us over the line if the best XI stay fit for most of the season. Wouldn't have cost much over 6m the three signings; the two I've mentioned both were available and both well within our reach & would have cost under 4m combined!its not just signing those two though (they would have cost 5million for the two)

take into consideration wages, each would demand 30k a week in my view

30x52 weeks = 1.56m a year wages x 4 year contract = 6.24million + signing fee would equal around 8.5million just for one signing.

And thats just one player, double it for the two players you suggested, it would amount to about 17million over 4 years just for signing Maynard and Ridgewell, are they actually worth that?

Thats the difference between us and the teams that occupy 15-8th in the league table.

Oldgold Wolfcub
02-02-2012, 16:56

I am sorry to have to castigate you but you have now crossed the line and showed us you are either McCarthy or know nothing about football or Wolves.
STEARMAN AINT A BLOODY RIGHT BACK.:eek::eek::eek:

goldeneyed
02-02-2012, 16:59
What really bugs me is Guedioura being discarded when we have the likes of Eggy and Edwards in there. Madness when you consider our predicament.

Sandwell Wolf
02-02-2012, 17:00
I am sorry to have to castigate you but you have now crossed the line and showed us you are either McCarthy or know nothing about football or Wolves.
STEARMAN AINT A BLOODY RIGHT BACK.:eek::eek::eek:

Is that why it's been his main position for the last 3 seasons?

The last time I really considered Stearman a centre half was in the Championship with Mancienne. He's become a right back now, too lightweight for centre half.

JOSWolf
02-02-2012, 17:06
I know his impact has been minimal but I suppose you could add Forde to the squad aswell. I do think we should have kept Doherty here in case Foley breaks down again and Zubes is very injury prone.

SimplyTheWolves
02-02-2012, 17:11
On paper the squad looks capable of staying up, but so far this season what,s written on the team sheet hasn't performed to it's potential. Now is the time start, no more talk of how we should of done this, or we are going to do that, no more excuses, get out and start performing, constantly.

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 17:12
On paper the squad looks capable of staying up, but so far this season what,s written on the team sheet hasn't performed to it's potential. Now is the time start, no more talk of how we should of done this, or we are going to do that, no more excuses, get out and start performing, constantly.

THIS

We need to stop talking and start doing it on the pitch instead......15 games to save our season

Taffywolf
02-02-2012, 17:39
The squad SHOULD be good enough to stay up, The management team isn't.

Tettenhall Wolf
02-02-2012, 18:07
They now have to make sure they do stay up.

Sack Mick in the summer, recuit the right bloke - soon enough for him to alter the squad.

We can't have any more of this! The last two seasons have been really painful. Please!

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 18:08
They now have to make sure they do stay up.

Sack Mick in the summer, recuit the right bloke - soon enough for him to alter the squad.

We can't have any more of this! The last two seasons have been really painful. Please!

Either sack him or back him in the summer transfer window

JOSWolf
02-02-2012, 18:55
THIS

We need to stop talking and start doing it on the pitch instead......15 games to save our season

Fifteen cup finals now. No more excuses!

OLDGOLD
02-02-2012, 20:38
What really bugs me is Guedioura being discarded when we have the likes of Eggy and Edwards in there. Madness when you consider our predicament.

Agree entirely...

kennyB
02-02-2012, 20:54

Agree too, can't see for the life of me why Jonsson is wasting a space. Should have saved the money for a rainy day. (And there are plenty of them coming!)

Gornal
02-02-2012, 21:03

2 wins in 21 shows how good they are. Thats one reason why we can't stay up. People need to get real

Sedgley Gold N Black
02-02-2012, 22:22
its not just signing those two though (they would have cost 5million for the two)

take into consideration wages, each would demand 30k a week in my view

30x52 weeks = 1.56m a year wages x 4 year contract = 6.24million + signing fee would equal around 8.5million just for one signing.

And thats just one player, double it for the two players you suggested, it would amount to about 17million over 4 years just for signing Maynard and Ridgewell, are they actually worth that?

Thats the difference between us and the teams that occupy 15-8th in the league table. They still have a value and it's not like either are ageing players so it's unlikely to go down. Maynard is worth alot more than the 1.65m it's just BC didn't want to lose him for nothing. As soon as he signed a contract his 'market value' probably trebled.

So roughly using your figures that a little over 2m a year, It's highly likely that in two years time you'd be able to get atleast 4m for Maynard and if he does well in the Prem it would be alot more!

They were two players that would have improved our squad and very reasonable prices well below their true value.

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:30
I am hopeful that with the addition of Frimpong and Bassong and the return of O Hara, Kightley, Foley and Zubar, that this will be enough to turn our season around

Come on the Wolves

O.W.E.I
03-02-2012, 14:50
Get Hleb in. Hes a free agent and would give us some much needed creativity.

The last word spells out exactly why he won't be coming here!