PDA

View Full Version : Who will get dragged in??

Arcadius
02-02-2012, 12:52
Clutching at straws I'm wondering if a team cuerrently looking safe will get dragged into the relegation dog fight? It seems to happen most seasons (Burnley, Blackpool, Newcastle, Middlesboro etc) but somehow I don't think it will be the case this season. And with Bolton, Blackburn and QPR improving I think there is serious cause for concern! But can there be an unexpected freefall for a team? WBA maybe?

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 12:54
I think QPR are still in it, and Norwich and WBA could still drop in it

Numpty
02-02-2012, 12:55
Its out of Wigan , Us , Bolton, Blackburn, Qpr will get out of it I am confident of that.

Buddhawolf
02-02-2012, 12:56
It's the 4 that are there now. Albion picking up too many away points to worry and Fulham keep on pulling reults out of the bag when they need to (Newcastle at home, as an example). And I think Bolton may start to pull away over the next month. Relegation could be wrapped up by the end of April for all 3 teams. One saving grace - Wigan and Blackburn will be buggered finacially next season in the Champ! Downside, if all three of us sack our managers in May, we could be fighting over the same replacement.

Paddy Wolf
02-02-2012, 13:01
There's been a trend in recent years of at least one newly-promoted team doing well in the first half of the season and then faltering in the second half. We saw it with Blackpool and Hull and I think Norwich will go the same way.

Jungleee
02-02-2012, 13:05
Fulham? Norwich?

Jalwolf
02-02-2012, 13:09
Swansea

OoohRobbieRobbie
02-02-2012, 13:19
I think Norwich could start slipping down.

Inky
02-02-2012, 13:25
Norwich, they looked awful last night.

Big Saft Kid
02-02-2012, 13:26
Norwich are a possible. Swansea are a much better team and already have 29 points, I think. I don't think either the Albion or QPR will be in the mix.

StefanWolves
02-02-2012, 13:29
QPR are well and truly in it if ee beat them Saturday.

I can see Swansea struggling.

Jonzy54
02-02-2012, 13:40
I think QPR are still in it, and Norwich and WBA could still drop in it

Norwich have 29 points,11 above the safety line.The points required this year will be far less than the 40 last year,possibly 36 will be enough.To that end they will need about 7/8 more.At the rate the bottom teams are garnering points I can't see them being dragged into it I am afraid.

sc91
02-02-2012, 13:42
Norwich are to far away to be dragged down into the lurches with us. It's out of four of us and the more likely bunch to get away are Bolton. Blackburn have no luck, Wigan are hopeless.. and us.. we are just us.

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 13:43
Norwich have 29 points,11 above the safety line.The points required this year will be far less than the 40 last year,possibly 36 will be enough.To that end they will need about 7/8 more.At the rate the bottom teams are garnering points I can't see them being dragged into it I am afraid.

It may have been wishful thinking on my part!! :D

FRAZ-WOLF
02-02-2012, 13:48
Blackburn Wigan and West Brom going down we will win our next 3 games

sc91
02-02-2012, 13:57
Blackburn Wigan and West Brom going down we will win our next 3 games
If the biggest optimist can't fathom this happening. Nevertheless, keep the faith..

OCD Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:01
I do believe that Albion are the team most likely to be pulled into it, especially if we beat them. Their hiome form is worse than ours and I think relying on 'surprise' away results to keep them up will fall apart soon (I hope)

It's usually home form that keeps you up, and one hopes their 'away bubble' bursts soon...

MolineuxMixer
02-02-2012, 15:14
The cat

donwolf
02-02-2012, 15:18
i think Blackburn are too good to be in it, they will pull away

Salisbury Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:24
Swansea

Have you seen their next 4 games? They could be practically safe after those.

FLEET WOLF
02-02-2012, 15:26
There's been a trend in recent years of at least one newly-promoted team doing well in the first half of the season and then faltering in the second half. We saw it with Blackpool and Hull and I think Norwich will go the same way.

They have some way to fall, but fingers crossed they get dragged into it, because I can see QPR getting out of trouble (but actually not by that much) and either Bolton or Blackburn. Albion and Fulham will pick up enough points, as has been suggested

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:31
Realistically, it is between the bottom six

West Brom 26
QPR 21
Bolton 20
Blackburn 18
Wolves 18
Wigan15

So thats Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton down for me

Come on the Wolves

blaenboy
02-02-2012, 15:39
Blackpool did spectacularly badly last season around this time after looking all but safe. I know Norwich have a lot of points, but they looked seriously at sea last night. They played lots of long balls up the middle- though curiously enough they fashioned a number of chances from breaking ball, which never happens to us when we play like that. Sunderland, by the way, looked really slick and brimming with confidence . What we would not give for a Sessignon in midfield. Anyway, perhaps it too much to hope that Norwich will only scrub together half a dozen points in the rest of their games. I am a great optimist, but I don't feel that optimistic at the moment!

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 15:41
Blackpool did spectacularly badly last season around this time after looking all but safe. I know Norwich have a lot of points, but they looked seriously at sea last night. They played lots of long balls up the middle- though curiously enough they fashioned a number of chances from breaking ball, which never happens to us when we play like that. Sunderland, by the way, looked really slick and brimming with confidence . What we would not give for a Sessignon in midfield. Anyway, perhaps it too much to hope that Norwich will only scrub together half a dozen points in the rest of their games. I am a great optimist, but I don't feel that optimistic at the moment!

I did and Jonzy showed me the error of my ways :D

StefanWolves
02-02-2012, 16:20
Apparently Norwich looked shocking versus Sunderland, should have conveded 6...

Paul76
02-02-2012, 16:26
I reckon it's the current bottom four. I can't see anybody else being dragged into it to be fair. I can't actually see us dragging anybody else into it either.

Bull Army
02-02-2012, 16:33
Wigan away, Bolton and Blackburn at home are the biggest games of the season, but we need to get some more points from somewhere. After last season's final day horror show, I wouldn't fancy us to get anything in the last couple of weeks if the pressure is on.

306NOTOUT
02-02-2012, 16:33
Norwich looked like they couldn't get another point on last nights viewing and could well be in the shake up.

We have to beat the teams around and just above us of which we still have to play most of them.

IrchyWolf
02-02-2012, 16:34
I reckon it's the current bottom four. I can't see anybody else being dragged into it to be fair. I can't actually see us dragging anybody else into it either.

If we beat QPR by two clear goals then we're above them and I'd rather have our run-in than theirs.

mrboing
02-02-2012, 16:35
Assuming Reid, Scharner, Long, Jones and Thomas all return shortly as expected i'd be suprised to see us dragged in even with our terrible home form. Last night's match was a good example of why. However, Saturday will have a big bearing as i've stated in another thread. It could put us within spitting distance of safety or put us in a mix of six. However, i'd say if you are saying a side on 26 points is in the mix it's hard to see how the many on one or two more aren't tbh.

Paul76
02-02-2012, 16:39
Norwich looked like they couldn't get another point on last nights viewing and could well be in the shake up.

We have to beat the teams around and just above us of which we still have to play most of them.

That's just one game on a freezing Wednesday night. I wouldn't take too much from last nights performance. I fully expect them grind out enough points to secure their status quite easily.

It's a different matter for us. God knows when our next victory will come. Can you actually see them going on a poor run and us getting enough points to catch them up?

No chance. I'll put money on it.

306NOTOUT
02-02-2012, 16:42
That's just one game on a freezing Wednesday night. I wouldn't take too much from last nights performance. I fully expect them grind out enough points to secure their status quite easily.

It's a different matter for us. God knows when our next victory will come. Can you actually see them going on a poor run and us getting enough points to catch them up?

No chance. I'll put money on it.

I'm fairly sure people were saying the same about Blackpool last year.

If we finish above Blackpool we will easily be Safe, we were but boy was it close!!

Paul76
02-02-2012, 16:42
If we beat QPR by two clear goals then we're above them and I'd rather have our run-in than theirs.

:D:D Two clear goals? You make it sound like a stroll in the woods.

That's quite a big IF. QPR have Hughes in charge. Done some decent business in the market. I think they'll stay up quite easily too.

Paul76
02-02-2012, 16:44
I'm fairly sure people were saying the same about Blackpool last year.

If we finish above Blackpool we will easily be Safe, we were but boy was it close!!

True, but even if they do plummet, do you think we can take advantage with our own form?

306NOTOUT
02-02-2012, 16:52
Look what I've found!!

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=56543&highlight=Blackpool

306NOTOUT
02-02-2012, 16:53
True, but even if they do plummet, do you think we can take advantage with our own form?

It's wolves you never know!!

Paul76
02-02-2012, 16:56
Look what I've found!!

I like what you've done there. Cheers for that.

goldeneyed
02-02-2012, 18:26
If QPR beat us this week they will be up up and away. Wigan look in deep trouble like us. Blackburn are blowing hot and cold but probably going down. Bolton are showing gradual signs of improvement. The next two games are crucial. The minimum need is three point so we hang in there. Two losses or even a draw and I think that will pretty much be that.

Norwich may stumble a bit but will be fine. Swansea are playing beautifully and bar the odd slip up will easily survive. Hodgson is canny enough to keep West Brom up. Just can't see any escape route except through a sharp reversal in our form and a couple of quick wins. But if we lose the next two and any of our rivals get a win we will look dead and buried. Desperate stuff. Are our team finally going to get their act together and stop feeling sorry for themselves? Play without fear, go for it and express yourselves. This season's negativity and defeatism has to be swept aside for one last stand....The best thing MM can do is keep quiet and leave it to the pride (or not) of his players.

chasman62
02-02-2012, 18:43
Bolton were awful yesterday and it was only Arsenal's abject finishing that prevent them from winning. Looked no better than we did the night before, and I dont think they have added much of any consequence so I dont see them escaping easily. Wigan are done and Blackburn will be there or there abouts. I hope that the QPR 'experiment' fails horribly as a lesson for other idiots like Fernandes who spend way beyond their means and we will see first hand if that is likely come Saturday. Cant really see anyone else in the argument to be honest barring some miraculous collapse. Norwich didnt lose any players (unlike Blackpool) so why should they suddenly slump.

Of course if we dont find some wins from somewhere it wont matter one jot who is down there. Lose the next two and we can all pack up and go home.

Ashley
02-02-2012, 18:44
QPR are well and truly in it if ee beat them Saturday.

I can see Swansea struggling.

Really???? Seriously???? Not a chance!

AndyP
02-02-2012, 22:01
Look what I've found!!

Ha! Nice one

stever
02-02-2012, 22:09
Its definitely 3 from the bottom four which is quite depressing. I personally cant see where our next win is coming from. Fizzy pop here we come!

The Weasel
02-02-2012, 23:19
The outcome of WBA v Swansea this weekend could be season defining for one of them...

Vietnam Wolf
03-02-2012, 07:44
Look what I've found!!

Well done 306 !! I'd remembered that thread but didn't realise it was as late as mid January. Almost a perfect analogy then.

Gornal
03-02-2012, 08:50
Look what I've found!!

The most telling fact in that thread was that they were 7 points clear of the drop zone at the time. Norwich are currently 11 points clear and Swansea 9. In fact only QPR and Bolton are within 7 points of the drop zone so for anyone else to be dragged in they will have to fare even worse than Blackpool which is going to be extremely unlikely.

Super Ted
03-02-2012, 23:11
I'm not sure Wolves will be the team dragging teams into it.

I'm concerned that Wolves and Wigan might start to become detached.

The problem we have is that the team around us, bar QPR who I think are IMO going to buy themselves out of the problem, are experienced PL teams. If it was Norwich and Swansea around us I'd have more confidence. I fully expect Bolton and Blackburn to get over 40 points. I cannot see Wolves getting that many.

Adrian_Monk
04-02-2012, 00:54
We will be relegated before anyone else starts getting dragged in

WolvesAreBoringOnCeefax
04-02-2012, 02:08
It's going to be 3 from 4 for the rest of the season presumably, QPR will move out of trouble as Albion drop in. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that puts Wolves in a lot of danger..

NOKASPLACE
04-02-2012, 08:45
Blackburn
Bolton
Wolves
Wigan

take your pick