PDA

View Full Version : Black Country derby build-up thread

liquidatorwolf
02-02-2012, 08:09
Well it's literally around the corner...

-Favourite derby moments.

-Predicitons.

-Why the derby is so special and different to any others.

coxywolves
02-02-2012, 08:16
I'm dreading the thought of it at the moment. Surely we've gotta turn the corner soon.

liquidatorwolf
02-02-2012, 08:19
I'm dreading the thought of it at the moment. Surely we've gotta turn the corner soon.

I know how you feel but we've still got to look forward to it.

Big Mack
02-02-2012, 08:24
Can we get QPR out of the way first please?

FLEET WOLF
02-02-2012, 08:25
Well it's literally around the corner...

-Favourite derby moments.

-Predicitons.

-Why the derby is so special and different to any others.

Play the Liquidator, $$$$ the police and do them!

coxywolves
02-02-2012, 08:26
I know how you feel but we've still got to look forward to it.

True. Would love another repeat of last season at the mol. These next two games are huge. Massive.

Seasider
02-02-2012, 08:28
Play the Liquidator, $$$$ the police and do them!

Sounds good to me...

liquidatorwolf
02-02-2012, 09:02
Someone start a take back the liquidator thread and see how far it guz.

Wolv3nsam
02-02-2012, 09:21
I recall us being in a similar situation last season, and then....

http://www.wolves.co.uk/javaImages/c1/55/0,,10307~9655745,00.jpg
http://www.wolves.co.uk/javaImages/b7/55/0,,10307~9655735,00.jpg
http://www.wolves.co.uk/javaImages/cd/55/0,,10307~9655757,00.jpg

Hoganstolemywife
02-02-2012, 09:22
WBA's away record is excellent this season. Which actually makes me strangely confident!

Wolv3nsam
02-02-2012, 09:25
My only concern is that Henry is banned - he arguably gives us an 'edge' as he knows what these games are all about and he's always pretty competitive in them. Plus the fact the Liverpool game highlighted just how much we missed him - I'm very excited to see O'Hara and Frimpong in the same midfield, however.

FLEET WOLF
02-02-2012, 09:28
My only concern is that Henry is banned - he arguably gives us an 'edge' as he knows what these games are all about and he's always pretty competitive in them. Plus the fact the Liverpool game highlighted just how much we missed him - I'm very excited to see O'Hara and Frimpong in the same midfield, however.

I agree, that is a worry for this game, particularly.

Thread Killer
02-02-2012, 09:28
Here's what's going to happen. Wolves will win 3-0. The fans will be erupt in euphoria, convinced that this shows Wolves will stay in the Premier League. WBA are thus dragged further into the mire. However by the end of the season WBA will have scraped free but Wolves will go down. A thread will start on MM asking whether you'd have rather lost to Albion and stayed up. The answer will be a resounding yes (87% to 13%).

Hoganstolemywife
02-02-2012, 09:29
Here's what's going to happen. Wolves will win 3-0. The fans will be erupt in euphoria, convinced that this shows Wolves will stay in the Premier League. WBA are thus dragged further into the mire. However by the end of the season WBA will have scraped free but Wolves will go down. A thread will start on MM asking whether you'd have rather lost to Albion and stayed up. The answer will be a resounding yes (87% to 13%).

:D

Beautifully detailed!

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 09:30
Best game of the season!!!

Memories - last season when we were the Pride of the Black Country

Come on its the Baggies, lets get stuck in and stuff 'em

Come on the Wolves

Wolv3nsam
02-02-2012, 09:30

Sounds about right to be honest!

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 09:39

If we win 3 - 0, I will buy you a pint!!!

Come on the Wolves

liquidatorwolf
02-02-2012, 10:08

When I started the 'if we smashed Albion thread' I said make up for these past few weeks not the future and whether we go down or not.

Thread Killer
02-02-2012, 10:22
Eh?

Jalwolf
02-02-2012, 10:22
At the start of the season I would have been relishing this game but now I'm really anxious about every game we play. Certainly those games that are against our rivals. Such as QPR and WBA. I mean we've just got to stay positive but I'm finding it increasingly hard to find any crumb of comfort at the moment. The place is full of anxiety and fear. I'm pretty sure once we win one that we'll get a head of steam and push on but it's been 2 months since our last win in any competition and this win we so badly need is evading us.

Predicting a 1-1 draw. O'Hara and Long to score (if both are fit).

Adrian_Monk
02-02-2012, 12:31
We will get dicked. If we get more than 7 more points between now and the end of the season I will be stunned.

Favourite past derby moments:

Mutch flick on, Bull half-volley... 1-2
Graham Roberts carrots
Iwan Roberts hat-trick, Bully celebration
Dean Richards header
Bobby Gould kicking someone up the $$$$ and not getting sent off

Panto villain:

Alleged sex offender and convicted hit and run scumbag Lee Hughes simply breathing the same air as us
Matt Carbon
Darren Bradley
Richard Sneekes

Shergar
02-02-2012, 12:50
We will get dicked. If we get more than 7 more points between now and the end of the season I will be stunned.

Favourite past derby moments:

Mutch flick on, Bull half-volley... 1-2
Graham Roberts carrots
Iwan Roberts hat-trick, Bully celebration
Dean Richards header
Bobby Gould kicking someone up the $$$$ and not getting sent off

Panto villain:

Alleged sex offender and convicted hit and run scumbag Lee Hughes simply breathing the same air as us
Matt Carbon
Darren Bradley
Richard Sneekes

As above.
Moments.
Seeing the Smethwick on fire, twice.

Villain:
Donovan, for doing the dusty bin scoreline gesture to us.
Me for running over Donovans golf bag in the car park of The Belfry and 3-2-1ing him as I drove off.

WalsallWolf
02-02-2012, 13:15
I think the importance to this game is Steven Fletcher. For me, he was the difference between the side that beat them last May to the one which lost the following October. He needs to be fit, as does O'Hara - without 1 of them, I do worry.

mrboing
02-02-2012, 15:31
I'm looking forward to it as ever although it's difficult even now to say exactly how much. By the time it is played there could realisitically anything from 5 to 11 points seperating the sides and by the end as little as 2 or as many as 14 points. So Saturday coming will have some bearing on how i feel about it, just as last season was very odd with one side needing it so much and us in the never-before situation of being safe in the league with games to spare.

Memories - countless really...lumps of concrete 1989, the atmosphere at any of the games late 80's/90's, Darren Bradley's rocket into the Brummie and the cup game for me.

I think it will have a different complexion to last season but i'll give my prediction when i know the fitness of some key players on both sides.