PDA

View Full Version : If we survive..

Metal Wolf89
01-02-2012, 21:26
Would you want Mick at the helm or a new manager in? I believe if we do survive this season Mick would have to go I am afraid. I love Mick as a man manager but I just think he has taken us as far as he can and is out of his depth in this league.

Who else is there to take the managers job? Well if Morgan straps on a pair and is serious about staying in the premier league for years to come, the new manager needs to have the full backing of the board, by handing him some blank cheques to make some quality additions to the squad.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 21:30
It's a tricky one this.....and we needed a definitive thread to answer this question.

Taking into account the twenty or so threads, created since last night, with the general gist of "$$$$ off McCarthy" I am guessing it will probably be "No"

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 21:31
If a miracle happens and Mad Mick keeps us in the Greed League for another season.................sack him!

If we go down..............sack him!

This club is going nowhere with Mad Mick as manager......or with Clipboard Connor as coach.

lupini
01-02-2012, 21:34
Didn't vote. There is no way on this earth we will survive.

Rhoswolf
01-02-2012, 21:35
Whatever your views of Mick, it's all becoming too divisive and, rightly or wrongly, can't see this changing other than for the worse so the answer must be "no".

Lupo
01-02-2012, 21:38
If I was so $$$$ in my job I wouldn't be there tomorrow. Eggy last night and Fotheringham as an aspiration - why, why, why?

Phys Ed Wolf
01-02-2012, 21:39
Thankyou so much for what you have done for this club. You were the right man for the job at the time and you hae given us some fantastic memories. But the team has stagnated under you and you are servingup a particularly painful to watch brand of football that is neither entertaining nor effective.
Time to go.

Tring Wolf
01-02-2012, 21:45
If we stay up then yes absolutely. Would be massively unfair to get rid of someone who has taken us up and kept us up. Morgan would then need to back him properly with some serious money.

If we go down, then probably time to re-evaluate and perhaps change the long-term strategy and build again.

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 21:48
He will go to another struggling club and probably raise them up and maybe even get them promoted with his limited tactics.

However, at the end of the day, that is the limit of his abilities. It's a shame and one can sympathise with him, but just like players who have a limit to how far they can rise, so have managers.

Mick managing in the premiership is just a step too far.

Thanks for getting us to the Greed League Mick and if you ever bring a new team back to the Mol, you will get my applause.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 21:48
If we stay up then yes absolutely. Would be massively unfair to get rid of someone who has taken us up and kept us up. Morgan would then need to back him properly with some serious money.

If we go down, then probably time to re-evaluate and perhaps change the long-term strategy and build again.

Same plan as last year then.....nothing like consistency

StefanWolves
01-02-2012, 21:51
Who the $$$$ voted yes?

Tring Wolf
01-02-2012, 21:55
Same plan as last year then.....nothing like consistency

Apart from the bit where hopefully Morgan loosens the purse strings a bit more...

I just think that if Mick does manage to keep us up again, he deserves a shot at taking on the division with some proper financial backing. However, if we do adopt the same plan and only bring in a couple of players in the Summer then we will struggle again (regardless of who is in charge).

Great user name by the way. Had forgotten all about Shabba :)

wolf97
01-02-2012, 21:56
Unless you want the same old story next season, then no.

Tring Wolf
01-02-2012, 21:58
Who the $$$$ voted yes?

Me (puts hand up sheepishly)...

WolvesAreBoringOnCeefax
01-02-2012, 21:59
I think there's too much emphasis placed on sticking with a manager, certainly when you've changed leagues. You sign new players when you're promoted, continually try and improve - why isn't that acceptable in managerial terms? It's clearly a totally different prospect being at the top of one league compared to the bottom of the other, it makes total sense that different managers are suited to different challenges.

I'd probably try find someone new, Mick's done a fantastic job getting us to where we are today but seems to be struggling to progress, and even survive in the league now. If we manage to survive we can't afford to run the risk of going down next year, new manager and back him financially.

Adrian_Monk
01-02-2012, 22:00
We won't. End of.

wolf97
Me (puts hand up sheepishly)...

Why???

Hatch End
No more time, no more money, Morgan has got to bring this farce to an end!

KiwiWolf
01-02-2012, 22:04
We won't. End of.

You do realise "End of" isn't a sentence don't you? :D

lupini
01-02-2012, 22:15
You do realise "End of" isn't a sentence don't you? :D

It is. FACT.

Adrian_Monk
01-02-2012, 22:57
End thereof then.

Tring Wolf
02-02-2012, 06:48
Why???

I just think that if Mick does keep us up again, he would have done enough with the resources available to him to justify keeping his job.

As stated though, if we do stay up we would need to give whoever is in charge a larger amount of money to spend if we wanted to progress. Ironically, when Mick has spent larger amounts of money, he has generally brought well (Fletcher, Doyle, O'Hara). It's the players in the price bracket below where his record is more questionable.

Tring Wolf
02-02-2012, 06:59
I think there's too much emphasis placed on sticking with a manager, certainly when you've changed leagues. You sign new players when you're promoted, continually try and improve - why isn't that acceptable in managerial terms? It's clearly a totally different prospect being at the top of one league compared to the bottom of the other, it makes total sense that different managers are suited to different challenges.

I'd probably try find someone new, Mick's done a fantastic job getting us to where we are today but seems to be struggling to progress, and even survive in the league now. If we manage to survive we can't afford to run the risk of going down next year, new manager and back him financially.

Good post. As said in my previous posts, I think that if Mick did keep us up and Morgan loosened the purse strings, he would have earned the right to have a shot at this league armed with some more significant funds. However, my first loyalty is always Wolves rather than Mick so if more funds were available to enable us to attract a better calibre of manager, then we should at the very least be exploring that possibility.