PDA

View Full Version : The Council

Jungleee
01-02-2012, 18:17
No more repeated warnings for us to sit down, eh?

They were never going to enforce a seat reduction. They certainly won't if our poor form continues (and if we go down). I wish those of you who were saying they would enforce the seat reduction take notice.

Jalwolf
01-02-2012, 18:24
They've probably got bored and found something else to entertain themselves with. Like filing.

Burton Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:30
No more repeated warnings for us to sit down, eh?

They were never going to enforce a seat reduction. They certainly won't if our poor form continues (and if we go down). I wish those of you who were saying they would enforce the seat reduction take notice.

Absolutely spot on. What a great post and well said. We stood up all last night and against The Villa and quite right too. The Dogoodgers off this board have been missing for weeks. Ban us! What a $$$$ing joke that was.

Poztin
01-02-2012, 18:32
That's because the persistent standing has died down in general Junglee. The south bank has been pretty docile this season, even early on in the season against the likes of Fulham.

I wouldn't gloat on this one, I think they've won.

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 18:34
Fans are sitting down because there's nothing to get excited about!

Burton Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:35

Where I am the last few games we've stood up even more because we're all $$$$ing fuming.

Burton Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:36
That's because the persistent standing has died down in general Junglee. The south bank has been pretty docile this season, even early on in the season against the likes of Fulham.

You must be joking.

Poztin
01-02-2012, 18:39

I knew this would be a response which is why I pointed out that it has been the same even early in the season.

The Fulham game was pretty dead, as was Spurs. A more recent example was against Villa the other week. The teams came out for the second half and instead of continuing a cauldron of noise, the bulk of the south bank sat down once they kicked off.

There are still small pockets of persistent standers, but whereas it used to be the majority, those pockets have shrunk in size, and the atmosphere has gone with it unfortunately.

Poztin
01-02-2012, 18:41
You must be joking.

Burton I've seen you in the crowd and to be fair there is a small pocket around you that stand all game.

But if you look back it's a much different story.

Burton Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:42
I knew this would be a response which is why I pointed out that it has been the same even early in the season.

The Fulham game was pretty dead, as was Spurs. A more recent example was against Villa the other week. The teams came out for the second half and instead of continuing a cauldron of noise, the bulk of the south bank sat down once they kicked off.

There are still small pockets of persistent standers, but whereas it used to be the majority, those pockets have shrunk in size, and the atmosphere has gone with it unfortunately.

Against the $$$$e I almost guarantee we will all stand all game whatever the result. If we're losing 3-0 we'll have to stand as all the seats will be on the $$$$ing pitch!

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:43

I am in SL4 and we have stood for most matches and nigh on for the whole game??

Jungleee
01-02-2012, 18:44
Looking at the highlights of the Liverpool game - SL1 were sitting down by the looks of it.

Parts of SL3+SL2 behind where Burton stands sit as well (Dewsbury your area!).

I partially agree that parts of the Southbank have had the knocking stuffed out of it but I think the main contributing factor to the $$$$ atmospheres we've been experiencing has been the football served up on the pitch.

Poztin
01-02-2012, 18:45
I'm in SL2 and it's probably 50% in time stood up. Looking to my left the vast majority are sat probably 80% of the time except for a small few pockets like i said.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:47
I'm in SL2 and it's 50/50 in time stood up. Looking to my left the vast majority are sat probably 80% of the time except for a small few pockets like i said.

Most of SL4 and SL5 stand

306NOTOUT
01-02-2012, 18:50
I stood up all game for villa and last night

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:51
I stood up all game for villa and last night

Good man!!

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 19:07
Looking at the highlights of the Liverpool game - SL1 were sitting down by the looks of it.

Parts of SL3+SL2 behind where Burton stands sit as well (Dewsbury your area!).

Have another look then as I (& most around me) were standing for a vast majority of the game. I blame Costas the Greek $$$$er who (persistantly) stands up in front of me :D :D

Papper
01-02-2012, 19:18
A rendition of stand up if you love the council is called for.